Mods don't void warranty!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 09:39 AM
IS1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32
Mods don't void warranty!!!

Picked up my C32 after the usual electronic crap broke on it again and while waiting for them to pull up my car I was speaking to the service manager about mods and warranty. He said they send new cars straight to Renntech for chips, pulley, etc. They don't look for mods and keep your mouth shut about having any. To date he has not had one voided warranty regarding performance mods. Either my dealership is really cool or MB is mod friendly .
Old 10-08-2004, 09:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
3 Porsche rotation
Your dealer is cool about mod. but not all dealer are friendly to mod. Many dealers I have gone through will void your warranty in a heart beat.

John
Old 10-08-2004, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
My service guy sweats every mod - you're lucky
Old 10-08-2004, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
some of the cars that r sold at my dealer are sold with RENNTech mods already on them!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 01:51 PM

C32
My dealer installed some of the mods himself !
Obviously he told me that in case of major engine damage they could not help me if there is an external investigation.
But they know I am a car freak and they want me to sign that next sales slip !

BV
Old 10-08-2004, 04:03 PM

2002 C 32
Anyone know if there are any mod friendly dealers in the LA area?
Old 10-08-2004, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
If the failure is directly related to the mods, it does void the warranty. The dealership will be really cool until the claim for a new motor comes in....

when it comes down to MB Corporate, the dealership, and you paying the bill, then you'll see how fast things turn around when there is a way out for them....

Originally Posted by IS1
Picked up my C32 after the usual electronic crap broke on it again and while waiting for them to pull up my car I was speaking to the service manager about mods and warranty. He said they send new cars straight to Renntech for chips, pulley, etc. They don't look for mods and keep your mouth shut about having any. To date he has not had one voided warranty regarding performance mods. Either my dealership is really cool or MB is mod friendly .
Old 10-09-2004, 02:28 AM

You're lucky! Even when I have electrical problems or lets just say the ashtray won't open... they are ready to point out the lowered suspension. In their eyes they can blame the suspension for anything they want.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK 55
Dealers in SA

Here in SA I have asked three different dealers if im aloud to instal K&n filters into my c32 never mind any puley mods the answere is no , any mod what so ever and warrenty is void , we even have scouts from BMW and Mercedes at all drag meatings if you are caught running the 1/4 mile your warrenty is void therfore we take the plates off .The best part is these guys cant even fix these cars properly if they brake it sucks , had the same prob with opels, I eventualy started my own opel tunning busines now il blow motors on my calibra on a monthly basis and still cheaper to replace then one service from the opel dealer thinking of doing the same for my mercs, especially after they disconnected my light motors and told me they adjust with screw drivers (in reality the level sencor is broken ) C32 is a great car the dealers are morrons