C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 06:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by Improviz
Not really. Here's one of the faster M's tested in the Euro mags:
http://www.einszweidrei.de/bmw/m3e462005-1.htm
0 - 80 km/h 3,5 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,8 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,6 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 8,6 s
0 - 160 km/h 11,0 s
0 - 180 km/h 13,9 s
0 - 200 km/h 17,6 s

One second from 0-200 km/h (124 mph) would not have one car as a "distant spectator" to another...that would actually be a pretty tight time-to-distance race, with perhaps one or two tenths separating the cars in the 1/4 mile.
Which is exactly one of my points!
Considering the M is four years old now, your factory numbers for the Audi show an rather razor-thin win over a four-year-old M3. When you consider that the 2001 M3 beat the 2001 Audi S4 from 0-130 by several full seconds, and that the current M3 beats the newer current S4 from 0-150 by two full seconds, the new one's incremental margin of victory hardly lives up to the company's motto "never follow"...the next-gen M3 will surely be significantly faster.

I'm not much of an M3 fan, but BMW does make a genuine effort to set performance standards, and as of late Mercedes is right there in their face...Audi, otoh, always seems to come in a day late and a dollar short with their S and RS cars...for example, the much-vaunted RS6, which came out at the same time as the much faster E55, yet cost about $10,000 more. Wow, what a ringing endorsement for "never follow"...
That's ONE!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-21-2005 at 06:13 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jon200
The new RS4 is no doubt a great car because IMO Audi had done a remarkable job is reworking the 4.2L V8 (used in current S4) to ~420bhp.

I personally can't wait for the next M3, RS4 and next C AMG comparo because all 3 cars should have 400bhp or over. I wouldn't say the the RS4 will walk them all because of it is still quite heavy and if you factor in AWD, top speed race should be very close between the 3.

Don't forget the 5.5L V8 AMG engine has plenty of room for further development. With VVT, direct injection, Variable geometry intake..etc etc, the block should easily make 400bhp plus I'm sure Clliboy never ever thought of this!
TWO!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-21-2005 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M&M
Damn Improviz! Are you feeling OK? Batting for M-power? I have to buy you a beer sometime

Caliboy, I have owned an Audi & was a member of our local Audi club as well. There's nothing wrong with them. But in our climate of ZERO snow, hardly ay rain & 100deg summers, quattro is just dead weight to lug around. Also I have that understeer when you turn in. I still don't get what market Audi aims for. BMW have got the sporty market. Merc are for the guys that want a more refined, elegant car with more status. Audi are like has beens that just snap up the guys that aren't sure what they want. Stop I can't take it! (high lighted by me Coolcarlski!)

Over here the RS4 goes for almost the same money as an E60 M5. But here's the part you are gonna' hate me for. I reckon it will struggle to put the old E46 M3 in its place. Why?

Well Audi AG claim 0-125 in 16.6. Improviz has posted that M3's do 17's to 125. BUT, under ideal conditions they can do 16's:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/bmw/m32003-2.htm

Test in ams 1/2003
Gewicht 1570 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,5 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,8 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,5 s
0 - 140 km/h 8,5 s
0 - 160 km/h 10,9 s
0 - 180 km/h 13,7 s
0 - 200 km/h 16,8 s

And to prove it's not a once-off, here's a CSL doing 16's as well. In most tests I've seen the M3 & CSL run very close times in a straight line. In fact EVo & a few other mags have the stock M3 quicker to 100mph & the CSL 2 tenths quicker to 120. Problem with the CSL is SMG cannot launch as hard as the manual:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/bmw/m3cslst2003-1.htm

Supertest in sport auto 08/2003
Gewicht 1421 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,6 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,8 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,8 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 8,6 s
0 - 160 km/h 10,8 s
0 - 180 km/h 14,2 s
0 - 200 km/h 16,7 s

But it gets worse for you buddy. It's not a given that the RS4 will even match its claims to 124. They have a history of not doing so. I'm not talking about Audi USA, they are a bit better with their claims. But no S4 tested on planet earth has matched Audi's claims or 0-124. Audi claim 19.3, but I have several tests that have got it in the 20's & 21's. If I'm wrong they please post a link to a test where an S4 has matched Audi's claimed number to 124mph.
THREE!! CaliChild YOU'VE BEEN OWNED!!!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-21-2005 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NOW stop sleeping and go home! And never come on here again talking with a mouth full of Jargon!! You should be from this thread my friend coming here with a mouth full of garbage and media speculation.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-21-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Cls 63 amg, 2006 Bmw M6
Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
NOW stop sleeping and go home! And never come on here again talking with a mouth full of Jargon!! You should be from this thread my friend coming here with a mouth full of garbage and media speculation.
DUDE I think you need to swap your brain with one that works since you are into swapping things.............
Your 1, 2, 3 owned claims are based on the opinions of 3 members of this forum based on numbers from two subjective magazines and tests that have variable conditions. You fool........everything you are saying is subjective followed by the opinions of three members of this forum

Not only is the Rs4 a great car, but you seem to forget that your POS BMW is a two door coupe that is getting outdone by a FOUR DOOR PIG.........OF course it's gonna be heavier dummy it's a sedan..........God forbid Audi would have a two door RS4 it would blow the doors off your bimmer.......but no you forget that you dodo head lol ........we'll just see when the cars come here and you realize that a PIG of A SEDAN TIED OR OUTDID A TWO DOOR COUPE SO_CALLED THE KING![/B]

You are a stubborn guy and I could tell you have taken this car discussion personal........ I never insulted you till you went superficial on me.........cars owned...... blah bla blah blah........... so I dissed you back..........Can't argue with people like you. Notice everyone else's posts are about the vehicles and here you come with your childish insults........ I can only wonder what you do for a living.........swap engines, cars, fries, burgers, wendy's what........remember you started this and now I don't feel like talking about the cars because YOU took it there and you sound like a childish fool.
Anyone else on this part of the forum I respect your OPINIONS, but we'll really have to wait to see the numbers once the car hits the states........I still stand by what I said..........Current M3 will lose to this RS4 and it will be fighting for 1st with the upcoming 400hp bimmer

AND DUDE I DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TAlKING ABOUT THE CURRENT M3 IS A 6 cylinder engine and the new one will be a blown 8 cylinder............I think you better check your stats because if you don't know that the car you claim to own M3 has 6 cylinders and not 8 then you are the fool! later Swapper

By the way your stupid engine mod actually depreciates your cars market value A$$$ Nobody is going to want to buy a tampered car........ as a matter of fact isn't one of your budies having a hard time selling his for the past year? A white c43 or c55 lol! dummy!
Wait till you try to sell yours lol!
Oh and 1 more thing my car is worth more than your used c43 ALL 1.8 liters of it oh I'm sorry I meant your c55 lol since you also probably could not afford it new talking all that crap with your lot full of used cars lol IF WE WANT TO BE SUPERFICIAL ABOUT THINGS TALKING YOUR LANGUAGE LOL
you started the insults remember so take it like a man SUCKA! I mean SWAPA

PWN THAT SWAPA!

Last edited by caliboy; 06-22-2005 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Our least-favorite BMW salesman
Damn Improviz! Are you feeling OK? Batting for M-power? I have to buy you a beer sometime
To be quite honest, I anticipated such a response from you, and thought long and hard about posting that data...but I was getting quite annoyed with the Audi crap, and decided it was worth taking a hit.

However, I do think (wow, this must be, what, the ten thousandth time) that you're being a bit intellectually dishonest:

1) the M3 you picked was significantly faster than most, as can be seen by clicking here (thanks), here, here, here, here, and....well, you get the picture.

2) the CSL is a limited-edition, very expensive version of the M3 with lighter weight and more horsepower than a normal production M3, and it's really not fair to use its numbers to represent a normal production M3.

So much for the beer. :v
Old 06-21-2005, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
give it uppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Old 06-21-2005, 11:52 PM

To be quite honest, I anticipated such a response from you, and thought long and hard about posting that data...but I was getting quite annoyed with the Audi crap, and decided it was worth taking a hit.

However, I do think (wow, this must be, what, the ten thousandth time) that you're being a bit intellectually dishonest:

1) the M3 you picked was significantly faster than most, as can be seen by clicking here (thanks), here, here, here, here, and....well, you get the picture.

2) the CSL is a limited-edition, very expensive version of the M3 with lighter weight and more horsepower than a normal production M3, and it's really not fair to use its numbers to represent a normal production M3.

So much for the beer. :v
I agree with you 100% about the CSL IF THAT WAS THE CASE THEN MB SHOULD HAVE A C55 with a lightweight body as well and the Audi..........Hell take out the whole back seat why don't you!!! In order to be a ble to make a fair comparison.....not to mention the fact that C55 and RS4 are also sedans versus a two door and still perform great!

Last edited by caliboy; 06-21-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:00 AM
M&M

Impro, I agree with you man. I said in my post that under ideal conditions the M3 can do 16's. But that is not the norm. I would say mid tohigh 17's is the norm for a manual M3 with 18"s.

And as for the CSL, we happen to have them here in our country. They run the same times as a fast stock M3. I think I've seen one stock one run 12.8, but mostly they run very low 13's. They aren't really straight line cars. Many mags have got the stock M3 faster to 100mph (Evo & Autocar amongst them).

But anyway, my point is that the RS4 will be doing low 17's to 124, which is not good enough seeing as its going to be here for 6 years or so. If it barely shades the out of production E46 M3 now, I 'm afraid Caliboy you are in for a rude awakeing if you think it will be in the frame when the M3 & C55 replacements hit the road.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:17 AM

Black 05 C55 AMG, White 04 325ci (SOLD)
wow guys... this thread is going to overthrow the number of replies on the c32 picture thread.. keep it up....
Old 06-22-2005, 04:18 AM

Everyone Caliboy is just pulling your chain, people that delusional don't really exist :p
Audi would for once would have to have built a car rather than the uncommuncative sterile box on wheels to compete with any BMW and MB let alone an M and AMG!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M&M
Impro, I agree with you man. I said in my post that under ideal conditions the M3 can do 16's. But that is not the norm. I would say mid tohigh 17's is the norm for a manual M3 with 18"s.

And as for the CSL, we happen to have them here in our country. They run the same times as a fast stock M3. I think I've seen one stock one run 12.8, but mostly they run very low 13's. They aren't really straight line cars. Many mags have got the stock M3 faster to 100mph (Evo & Autocar amongst them).

But anyway, my point is that the RS4 will be doing low 17's to 124, which is not good enough seeing as its going to be here for 6 years or so. If it barely shades the out of production E46 M3 now, I 'm afraid Caliboy you are in for a rude awakeing if you think it will be in the frame when the M3 & C55 replacements hit the road.
Originally Posted by reggid
Everyone Caliboy is just pulling your chain, people that delusional don't really exist :p
Audi would for once would have to have built a car rather than the uncommuncative sterile box on wheels to compete with any BMW and MB let alone an M and AMG!
So true! LOL! And Caliboy can't take the fact that he's been Bought ,Owned,Driven, Sold and then junked! B,O,D,S,J LOL!

Almighty RS4

C55 and M3

Originally Posted by caliboy
Of what supped up current csl M3's or what........... I hope you are not suggesting that the RS4 will not demolish the current V6 M3 cause I'll just stop talking to you right now! let me know.......

From his own mouth ,he claims the M3 has a V6 and then tells me in his last post above that I don't even know what kind of engine my M3 or an E46 M3 has! Go figure Your new name should be "Twista"...

Caliboy's a retard he thinks the M3's come with a V6 and then he tries to twist it around and say I don't know what kinda engine is in my M3. What a moron this guy is! LOL!

WELL I THINK YOU GUYS ARE ALL IN TROUBLE THE RS4 FROM Audi IS THE NEW KING IN THIS PRICE RANGE SORRY BOYS BUT NO C55 or M3 is going to be able to beat that bad boy 418 hp 0-60 in I think 4.5 sec WOW! WE HAVE A NEW KING AND I"M THE BIGGEST MB FAN EVER, but I have to finally give Audi the nod! THIS ARGUMENT IS FUTILE BOTH M3 AND C55 are cooked
Caliboy for me it's never personal I never came on here shooting my mouth off with mere media hype and speculation.You the MB owner started this whole thing by coming here and blabbing that hole in the middle of your face about what the media speculates the S4 can do.Sure I'm being stubborn based on your media theory vs hard facts which you have yet to show actual real driven performance #'s. RT and CD have not come out with any self conclusive #'s yet.And you keep saaying "Duh!!Alright we'll have to wait and see".This is why I'm saying you sound retarded and your being stubborn about performance fiction.

More jargon:
LOL Don't worry RS4 on the way.....getcha off the line and in the twisties
Unless MB comes up with something better by time my lease is up. But then again it will probably cost an arm and a leg and possibly my other leg too so I won't be able to drive it lol.

I actually enjoy watching you guys argue. I'm too biased towards MB though so I would not bring anything objective to the table other than to say BMW M3 has MB's number in the twisties...... but then again that is nothing that we all didn't already know!!! lol

But seriously what do you guys think about that RS4.......You guys think Audi has finally done it with this car. I can't see what MB will come up with next to fight the upcoming M3 and this RS4.

All I can say is that I'm happy about these HPower wars because pretty soon cars like the c55 and the current M3 will be very affordable as is currently going on with the C32 Cheap horsepower baby....that's what I'm talking about!
This discussion first and foremost was and is about BMW vs MB.So why the hell are you bringing up a bunch of jargon about the Audi that you have yet to prove and nobody really cares about is my point.

Here is California Boy sounding more like Forrest Gump the retard:
No dude even the new M3 coming up with 400 hp gets it's a$$ kicked by That RS4. This car will not only kick the upcoming M3' s butt with the predicted 400hp vs 420 for the RS4 but it will also have more torque--- 317 The C55 would appear to be a better competitor because of its higher torque 376, but then again horsepower will kill it c55 362 vs RS4 420bhp......As you guys mentioned above no replacement for displacement and on the twisties c55 is done!

BTW the car costs 62k USD Pretty damn close to a fully loaded C55and with way more power!

Here he is apologizing for being wrng because he did'nt know what the hell he was talking about:
Nope sorry bud your wrong again DODO HEAD! THE SPECS I GAVE YOU AT THE END WERE FOR THE V6 older RS4, I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT.
What was I wrng about dope? You're the one whp gave us the V6 specs.I thought you were telling us about the V8 Clown.Here you give us specs on the V6 LOL!

By the way I utterly destroyed my friends modded S4 from the light(he did'nt launch he just flrd it and left,because he was so confident that he would have waxed my ***) which his car is faster than a stck V8 S4(380hp) so I could only imagine what my AMG would do to a RS4 also keep in mind that my car is lighter than the newer C55.

Oh yea I know,I know your lil 1.8 would have no problem ****ting on my car(C43/55). Also Your lil MB will depriciate way faster than my 7 yr old car that's for sure.

Finally don't compare Moto selling his car there in Cali(C43/55) and say I would have a hard time selling my car over here on the east coast.He's been trying to sell 5.5L motors over there with no success and guess what! I've already got one sold for him over here in NY and I have another guy over here that's looking to purchase another one from him.The market over here is different Brain child. You have way more AMG C classes over there compared to here not to mention that I already have folks that have offered to buy my car stupid.

However I just sold my 1994 BMW 332i for 12k to a good buddy of mine who salivates over it.I could have asked for 13k or a lil more perhaps but he's my buddy who originally sold me the car for only 5600.00 last yr June so I'm returning the generosity. That's right when it was a 325i I bought it for 5600.00 last yr.Yes I put in a BMW 3.2L INLINE 6,M3 subframes,hubs,callipers rotors,every thing M3, has raised the value and guess what ,the car will be gone early next week.So yes over here on this side swaps do happen to raise the value of certain cars.

By the way ,when your lil car reaches 11 yrs old you won't even get 4k for it.Go walk in front of an Express train and say hello.Don't for get to smile while your at it. And stop taking everything so personnal because at the end of the day, me for one and hopefully you are not rumminating over all of this during the day.It's all very entertaining to me.Enjoy!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-22-2005 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[SIZE=4]
Oh and 1 more thing my car is worth more than your used c43 ALL 1.8 liters of it oh I'm sorry I meant your c55 lol since you also probably could not afford it new talking all that crap with your lot full of used cars lol IF WE WANT TO BE SUPERFICIAL ABOUT THINGS TALKING YOUR LANGUAGE LOL
you started the insults remember so take it like a man SUCKA! I mean SWAPA

PWN THAT SWAPA!
I think you need to chk out the prices in the autotrader of what current C43's are going for fool b4 you make stupid assumptions especially after owning your particular 1.8L Girl toy that my step mother owns(2005 C230k sedan).No offense to other C230k owners,I'm just getting at this particular Fly(Caliboy) at the picnic!:

C43's 1998-2000 vs C230k's 2002-2005
C43's:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...11216&x=92&y=9

C230k's:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...1216&x=79&y=13

C43 5-7yrs old and still going for the price of a brand new 2005 C230k.Your car is obviously simply not in the same class.

You've been owned again.Remember I come at you with facts.

By the way,I'm a Verizon technician employed there for several years(17.5 to be exact) I own THREE homes 2 in Arizona one here(a BROWN STONE) in NYC,which are all rented out and I'm a Realestate investor.I'm about to purchase another house in NJ and guess what I'm closing on one of those homes I sold in AZ today. There is a pre-construction there(AZ) in the waiting for me to look at for 300k my friend so I'll keep you informed on everything.Hopefully this will inspire you and you can buy your RS4.

I'm glad you pursued your education so I don't knock that.I finished school and I have no student loans to even think about because Verizon payed for my Education.Now should I go for my masters? I think not because I'm making money doing my realestate(rental property) and using my employer as my vehicle for my business.Thank you very much.

Now could I buy an E46 M3,E90 M3,E55k,E39 M5,a couple of C230k's(I can't see why),Sure.I have'nt really stressed it but I like doing things that few others have tried to do.Plus my biggest thing is going around the neighborhood and finding out whose trying to sell their house more so than looking for a brandnew car which is not a problem at all. So you keep paying off those loans with whatever odds and ends jobs you need to get and step off! So when it comes to economics,employment and school you don't wanna go there!

And yes I like old cars and I have no problem selling them as well.Don't worry,you'll see a different car list as everything is always for sale. I don't usually keep a car for more than 2 yrs.My C43/C55 and Talon might be an exception.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-22-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
I think you need to chk out the prices in the autotrader of what current C43's are going for fool b4 you make stupid assumptions especially after owning your particular 1.8L Girl toy that my step mother owns(2005 C230k sedan).No offense to other C230k owners,I'm just getting at this particular Fly(Caliboy) at the picnic!:

C43's 1998-2000 vs C230k's 2002-2005
C43's:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...11216&x=92&y=9

C230k's:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...1216&x=79&y=13

C43 5-7yrs old and still going for the price of a brand new 2005 C230k.Your car is obviously simply not in the same class.

You've been owned again.Remember I come at you with facts.

By the way,I'm a Verizon technician employed there for several years(17.5 to be exact) I own THREE homes 2 in Arizona one here(a BROWN STONE) in NYC,which are all rented out and I'm a Realestate investor.I'm about to purchase another house in NJ and guess what I'm closing on one of those homes I sold in AZ today. There is a pre-construction there(AZ) in the waiting for me to look at for 300k my friend so I'll keep you informed on everything.Hopefully this will inspire you and you can buy your RS4.

I'm glad you pursued your education so I don't knock that.I finished school and I have no student loans to even think about because Verizon payed for my Education.Now should I go for my masters? I think not because I'm making money doing my realestate(rental property) and using my employer as my vehicle for my business.Thank you very much.

Now could I buy an E46 M3,E90 M3,E55k,E39 M5,a couple of C230k's(I can't see why),Sure.I have'nt really stressed it but I like doing things that few others have tried to do.Plus my biggest thing is going around the neighborhood and finding out whose trying to sell their house more so than looking for a brandnew car which is not a problem at all. So you keep paying off those loans with whatever odds and ends jobs you need to get and step off! So when it comes to economics,employment and school you don't wanna go there!

And yes I like old cars and I have no problem selling them as well.Don't worry,you'll see a different car list as everything is always for sale. I don't usually keep a car for more than 2 yrs.My C43/C55 and Talon might be an exception.
Dude I'm happy for you and all your houses and success seriously, but you see where this argument is going....... come on man lets stick with the cars....... seriously who cares what you own or I own or will own...... As you said we are both educated people although arguably making each other look like complete fools. You diss me, I diss you and on and on and on. I did not come to this part of the forum to knock on you or your education or where you work or what you own....... You forced me to bring all that out....... Now look at your response you feel a need to justify that you are making things happen because theres a potential threat...... well there isn't. I just starting speaking highly of a brand new competitor to MB and BMW and you went personal.... no need for that. Granted I should have not put it in big capital letters initially, but it was a joke just to get you guys attention about the car. This is a car forum and as I said before I'm a huge Mb fan and I actually love to see cars modded........ SWAPA lol. Your car must be very fast Good luck with it seriously.

I'm just saying can you at least admit that this new Audi will definitely finally be a MAJOR COMPETITOR FOR THIS CLASS ........ how bout it CAN WE AGREE ON THAT AND DROP THIS UNTIL THE CAR-RS4 COMES TO THE STATES. I don't want to keep going back and forth at each other like this unless it's about the cars. It was fun at first, but now I'm just getting tired and disinterested. Not cool. Lets just chill before we start telling YOUR MAMA"S SO FAT JOKES AND REALLY LOOK STUPID LOL PEACE OUT dude. I'll let you know when I here first tests on this car from major US MAGS. Then We COULD REALLY DISCUSS THESE BAD BOYS!

And BTW My CAR NEW MSRP IS $35000 now 5/m old only and none of those links or any C43 will sell for that! It's right there in your links compare LOL JUST KIDDING SORRY SORRY forget I said that I COULDN'T RESIST LOL I think I should have gone to law school instead of med and you two since we are two stubborn fools! LOL

Last edited by caliboy; 06-22-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude I'm happy for you and all your houses and success seriously, but you see where this argument is going....... come on man lets stick with the cars....... seriously who cares what you own or I own or will own...... As you said we are both educated people although arguably making each other look like complete fools. You diss me, I diss you and on and on and on. I did not come to this part of the forum to knock on you or your education or where you work or what you own....... You forced me to bring all that out....... Now look at your response you feel a need to justify that you are making things happen because theres a potential threat...... well there isn't. I just starting speaking highly of a brand new competitor to MB and BMW and you went personal.... no need for that. Granted I should have not put it in big capital letters initially, but it was a joke just to get you guys attention about the car. This is a car forum and as I said before I'm a huge Mb fan and I actually love to see cars modded........ SWAPA lol. Your car must be very fast Good luck with it seriously.

I'm just saying can you at least admit that this new Audi will definitely finally be a MAJOR COMPETITOR FOR THIS CLASS ........ how bout it CAN WE AGREE ON THAT AND DROP THIS UNTIL THE CAR-RS4 COMES TO THE STATES. I don't want to keep going back and forth at each other like this unless it's about the cars. It was fun at first, but now I'm just getting tired and disinterested. Not cool. Lets just chill before we start telling YOUR MAMA"S SO FAT JOKES AND REALLY LOOK STUPID LOL PEACE OUT dude. I'll let you know when I here first tests on this car from major US MAGS. Then We COULD REALLY DISCUSS THESE BAD BOYS!

And BTW My CAR NEW MSRP IS $35000 now 5/m old only and none of those links or any C43 will sell for that! It's right there in your links compare LOL JUST KIDDING SORRY SORRY forget I said that I COULDN'T RESIST LOL I think I should have gone to law school instead of med and you two since we are two stubborn fools! LOL
OK ,OK !we'll wait and see when it comes.Then we'll know!
Old 06-22-2005, 05:32 PM

Obsidian E55
PEACE between the beasts
Attached Thumbnails C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...-100_2121_800x533.jpg  
Old 06-22-2005, 06:34 PM

clk55, 06 Cayman S, Vishnu EVO 8 stage 1 +, and X5
Peace to all. I have not posted here for a while. I'm satisfied with what I have. :v
Old 06-22-2005, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Are you boy still comparing **** sizes???????????????

Common, mine is the bigest, so you all get back to your cribs!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!

I can not believe this thread has wasted so much bandwidth.................

It's like comparing hookers....................

Mine sucks better than yours..............
Old 06-23-2005, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport

Mine sucks better than yours..............
Amen.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Notice new sig!
Old 06-23-2005, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by BMW Salesman & Shill
Try low 18's. Recall that I wrote the following:

If you click on the last five "here" links, you'll get five 0-200 times. They are:
18.6 s, 17.9 s, 18.1 s, 18.1 s, and 18.6 s.

Average it out: 18.26 s. Even if you throw the 16.8 s freak in there, the average is 18.00. And as I've pointed out before: I think the freak test stinks, given that the ***CSL*** was tested at 16.7 s 0-200, and that an AC Schnitzer CSL was tested at 17.5 s 0-200, and that a modified DigiTech M3 was tested at 18.5 0-200 , and even a second modded DigiTech M3 was tested at 18.7 0-200. Click those four links and do the math: with the weight/hp advantage it has, there's no way a stock E46 should be running only 0.1 slower to 200 km/h (or 0.7 faster) to 200 than a CSL, and modded M3's!!

Frankly, I now consider the run in the 17's to be suspect after seeing the tests of modded M3's and CSLs; most of the E46 runs, even the modded ones, were squarely in the 18's.

Last edited by Improviz; 06-23-2005 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:47 AM
M&M

Well if you knew the ambient temp for the 16 second M3 you will see why it ran that time. So OBVIOUSLY it's possible seeing as a highly respected mag like Sport Auto AUto actually DID get that time.

2ndly, this year they got one in the 17's in more normal temps.

3rdly, those modd'd M3's are slower than stock ones! WTF? Most of them seem to have bodykits & whatever.

4thly, an M3 & M3 CSL are very close in a straight line. Search for the Autocar & EVo tests. If you want I'll post it , but its . Stock M3 was faster to 100mph in a shoot-out where they tested the cars together.

I happen to know the CSL well. Have driven it on the racetrack. All the technology in that car is for cornering.

Anyway, all this is irrelevant. RS4 may be 1 second quicker than the E46 M3 to 124.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Lying BMW salesman
Well if you knew the ambient temp for the 16 second M3 you will see why it ran that time. So OBVIOUSLY it's possible seeing as a highly respected mag like Sport Auto AUto actually DID get that time.
Well, if YOU knew that the OTHER tests I listed were ALSO performed in the December-March timeframe, you might not make such a silly claim. And if you ALSO were honest and admitted that lower ambient temps HURT launches, you'd know that temperature alone could not have been the factor. The temperature in Germany in Winter is NOT prone to 50 degree swings.

2ndly, this year they got one in the 17's in more normal temps.
The test to which you refer was done in January 2005, which is the same time of year as the 16 second car (January 2003). Lying again..tsk, tsk...you should know better by now than to pull that **** with me, dude.

3rdly, those modd'd M3's are slower than stock ones! WTF? Most of them seem to have bodykits & whatever.
I seem to recall your being quite fond of posting a test of a modded E55K which was slower than stock as evidence that "because the *modded* car is slower, the *stock* car must be a freak, and therefore the M5 is faster".

Remember that? I can link it if you'd like, Mr. Hypocrite.

4thly, an M3 & M3 CSL are very close in a straight line. Search for the Autocar & EVo tests. If you want I'll post it , but its . Stock M3 was faster to 100mph in a shoot-out where they tested the cars together.
Hmm, so you're telling us with a straight face that a car picks up about 20 horsepower, drops 150 kg, and yet is somehow magically slower than the heavier, lighter-powered car.

Keep 'em coming...really...it's marvelous to watch you try and spin.

I happen to know the CSL well. Have driven it on the racetrack. All the technology in that car is for cornering.
Oh, yeah, sure dude...over 300 pounds lighter, 20 more horsepower--and it's slower.

OOPS!

Anyway, all this is irrelevant. RS4 may be 1 second quicker than the E46 M3 to 124.
Only if you use unrepresentative M3 test data, or if Audi is blowing smoke again.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:28 AM
M&M

Improviz please stop arguing about stuff that you're not an expert at. This is a hotly debated topic at all our meets. CSL's don't beat up the M3's because THEY ARE SMG! Manual launched properly leaves the line harder & faster. CSL creeps up everytime & passes, but it takes a while. WTF? I happen to have seen this many times.

Anyway, I have the issue where the M3 did 16, & it was VERY cold. Notice how to 100mph its similar to the other M3's.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:38 AM
M&M

The test to which you refer was done in January 2005, which is the same time of year as the 16 second car (January 2003). Lying again..tsk, tsk...you should know better by now than to pull that **** with me, dude.
Sorry man. My fault. I thought I could argue with now, but now I see that you are out of my league. I mean a car tested the same month 2 years apart ... of course the temperature must have been the same. What was I thinking?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C55 vs M3 - Another 5 unimportant reasons ...