C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

E55 AMG's Blower.. How much bigger then C32's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 07:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 Corvette Z06, 02 C32 AMG
E55 AMG's Blower.. How much bigger then C32's?

Does anyone know? Think you could swap the E55's blower onto the C32's engine?
Old 02-05-2005, 07:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OneFastZ
Does anyone know? Think you could swap the E55's blower onto the C32's engine?
A V8 blower would slow down a V6. There is no advantage. Several people from Eaton have already explained that this is the case given that the crank force required puts a greater load on the smaller engine.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Z: IHI has not released any official kompressor volume specs. When compared to 1.7L Opcon twin-screw, C32 is a little longer. So my guess it is around 1.8L. That should be enough to make around 475-500 HP.

55s are close to 2.2-2.4L. They will not fit directly onto C32. One will need to redesign the kompressor drive, intercooler and intake surge tanks. At this point one might as well get an Opcon or Whipple kompressor and make it work.

BTW, Eaton has nothing to do with IHI, and "crank force" has nothing to do with engine size.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:05 PM

C32
I wonder how much the SLR's SC displaces. I bet it is 1/2 again as big as the E55's SC.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport
Z: IHI has not released any official kompressor volume specs. When compared to 1.7L Opcon twin-screw, C32 is a little longer. So my guess it is around 1.8L. That should be enough to make around 475-500 HP.

55s are close to 2.2-2.4L. They will not fit directly onto C32. One will need to redesign the kompressor drive, intercooler and intake surge tanks. At this point one might as well get an Opcon or Whipple kompressor and make it work.

BTW, Eaton has nothing to do with IHI, and "crank force" has nothing to do with engine size.
If the larger SC took the same amount of force to turn over as did the stock V6 version then wouldnt there be examples of the implementation ?
Old 02-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by miroj
If the larger SC took the same amount of force to turn over as did the stock V6 version then wouldnt there be examples of the implementation ?
Bigger Supercharger = More Airflow = More power at a lower PSI.

What's the max PSI the C32 engine can take?
Old 02-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OneFastZ
Bigger Supercharger = More Airflow = More power at a lower PSI.

What's the max PSI the C32 engine can take?
So it turns with no additional force ? Wow ..... a new physics. In addition to which you get more air with less PSI ?

Last edited by miroj; 02-05-2005 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
miroj

more air and lower psi are not mutually exclusive. bigger screws do move more air and they does not always = more psi

point still stands... there is NO point in changing the blower on the C32. if 500 hp is not enough... well go buy a supra or a skyline.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
miroj

more air and lower psi are not mutually exclusive. bigger screws do move more air and they does not always = more psi

point still stands... there is NO point in changing the blower on the C32. if 500 hp is not enough... well go buy a supra or a skyline.
Boyles law does not afford such lunacy. It is the basis upon which the SC operates. How can anyone at a given RPM of engine performance inject more air and not increase the pressure. The chamber of the larger SC is not a factor since the plenum of the engine is fixed.

http://members.aol.com/profchm/boyle.html

Volume is fixed therefore pressure is directly related to air mass and its pressure. We can also assume that there is no radical change in operating temp also.

PV = nRT holds true. As does any other gas law.

Your parents would have done better to have spent the money on an education and not a car.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Miroj:

No knowledge is a bliss.

Little knowledge is a burden.

May the "crank force" be with you, to help you with your burden.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Banned

Miroj:

No knowledge is a bliss.

These paradigms of wallet lubricating virtue only apply to people sacrificially within arms reach of your witty self endorsement. Spend a little time in a consideration lest you betray your indifferent stance.

Even Eaton states as much as I did and that is good enough for me.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
These paradigms of wallet lubricating virtue only apply to people sacrificially within arms reach of your witty self endorsement. Spend a little time in a consideration lest you betray your indifferent stance.
Wow, dude!

Did you mom write this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This like, Budda!!!

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In particular my "witty self endorsement" and my "indifferent stance".

Look, Miroj. It is quite obvious you have no IDEA what you are talking about. So please lay off "crank force".

Spare all of us of your lack of knowledge and your
Even Eaton states as much as I did and that is good enough for me.Today 08:32 PM
Old 02-06-2005, 01:16 AM
Banned

Wow, dude!

Look, Miroj. It is quite obvious you have no IDEA what you are talking about. So please lay off "crank force".

Spare all of us of your lack of knowledge
Yes, I shouldnt let a warping of physics and nitrogen compounds come between us. After all ..... im not the one with a vested interest in selling people just anything.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:32 AM

Miroj:

No knowledge is a bliss.

ROFL!
Old 02-06-2005, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Yes, I shouldnt let a warping of physics and nitrogen compounds come between us. After all ..... im not the one with a vested interest in selling people just anything
Physics and nitrogen???????????????????

Between us?????

Dude, sorry - but whatever you are sniffing I do not want any part of it.

May the "crank force" be with you.

Oh, wait - I get it - CRANK, Oh I am sorry, now it make sense. Just do not burn down the house.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:44 AM
Banned

Physics and nitrogen???????????????????
Yeah Nitrogen, its the key element of fertilizer. The stuff that you seem to be spreading around like your made of it.

Just dont light a match ........

You seem to know a lot about dumping your nitro on people, I guess anyone who believes you deserves you as a supplier.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Boyles law does not afford such lunacy. It is the basis upon which the SC operates. How can anyone at a given RPM of engine performance inject more air and not increase the pressure. The chamber of the larger SC is not a factor since the plenum of the engine is fixed.

http://members.aol.com/profchm/boyle.html

Volume is fixed therefore pressure is directly related to air mass and its pressure. We can also assume that there is no radical change in operating temp also.

PV = nRT holds true. As does any other gas law.

Your parents would have done better to have spent the money on an education and not a car.
so, are you learning that in your high school physics class?
Old 02-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Almost a Member!

Wow, dude!

Did you mom write this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This like, Budda!!!

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In particular my "witty self endorsement" and my "indifferent stance".

Spare all of us of your lack of knowledge and your
Vadim,

Appreciate the reply's and at your comments to miro.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
so, are you learning that in your high school physics class?
Hot air and methane from excessive flatulence compressed into a small (minded) space can combust with an explosion. Clearly there is enough material going around to keep the experts on here with Diplomas in opinion revving at redline.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:22 PM

C32
miroj, here are some compressor maps for your consumption. The first is a 1.6l displacement twinscrew, the second is a 2.3l.

Note the the flow vs the pressure ratios. Also note the power required vs pressure/volume between the two.
Attached Thumbnails E55 AMG's Blower.. How much bigger then C32's?-lys1600a.jpg   E55 AMG's Blower.. How much bigger then C32's?-lys2300ax.jpg  
Old 02-06-2005, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Hot air and methane from excessive flatulence compressed into a small (minded) space can combust with an explosion. Clearly there is enough material going around to keep the experts on here with Diplomas in opinion revving at redline.
you should be so lucky. no no, i would not go down in such an easy manner. it seems to me that the whole point of this exercise (thread) is for you to "wield your intellectual stick" in a vain attempt to show your worth to society. however, i dont think anyone is listening to your cries for acceptance.

this is all fun and games until someone gets hurt, namely your ego.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AaronC
miroj, here are some compressor maps for your consumption. The first is a 1.6l displacement twinscrew, the second is a 2.3l.

Note the the flow vs the pressure ratios. Also note the power required vs pressure/volume between the two.
The max RPM is not in the same range. If you truncate both performance charts to have matching plots then it becomes apparent.

You also fail to indicate whether the differences in air-flow represent significant gains in the engine over the OEM variety (justifies the cost) or where the pressure is taken ..... plenum or output chamber ? Before or after IC.

Its no wonder you feel the need to believe everything you read. Is there really such a thing as a gain for no cost ? Or is it just more of the Vadim majic we have come to enjoy and love.

EDIT: Unlike Eaton, the POWER CONSUMED to crank the SC is not stated.

Last edited by miroj; 02-06-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Banned

you should be so lucky. no no, i would not go down in such an easy manner. it seems to me that the whole point of this exercise (thread) is for you to "wield your intellectual stick" in a vain attempt to show your worth to society. however, i dont think anyone is listening to your cries for acceptance.

this is all fun and games until someone gets hurt, namely your ego.
BlackSoccerCar,

You are a genius, in which field I have no idea.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
BlackSoccerCar,

You are a genius, in which field I have no idea.
the field of making fun of you, because you think you are all that and then some more. nothing terribly personal, you just annoy me and your reckless attitude is also cause for annoyance.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Banned

the field of making fun of you, because you think you are all that and then some more. nothing terribly personal, you just annoy me and your reckless attitude is also cause for annoyance.
You contribute what ? You slept at school and now you enlighten us with your domestic platitudes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 AMG's Blower.. How much bigger then C32's?