C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

pulley for my C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AaronC

Miroj, in a bunch of threads you really come off as a ****. I dont know you in real life, so I cannot say what you are really like, but please chill out. Trust me, you dont know everything there is to know, even if you think you do.
Like most people I know what I am buying and dont listen to marketing. I would think that if I was going to get ALL of those things that could be made better then I wouldnt be buying a W203 for starters.

Without one single performance increase my car already saved my life several times and does things in stock mode that my previous car could never do. so to me you all sound like losers because you cant tell the difference between a C-class and a CL saloon.

Knowing and reason are not the same thing as self-abuse and wall posters of your car with $600 chunks of metal attached in place of a $50 chunk of metal.

What I am like in real life ? I help people in times of trouble, I study very hard and I work long hours. I enjoy working with these cars and I appreciate the depth that goes into the construction. So if you asked me to increase the power of your C55 and money was no object I would tell you to get lost.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by miroj
If Donald Trump can make it with that hair then so can Vadim with his tuning. Then again this isnt about his money or his company. Forums like these dont enter into peoples personal company affairs. It matters not to me if Evosport is run from an aircraft hanger with 30 car bays or from a chicken shed.
actually evosport has a vested financial interest in this board.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
And I would tell you that you are not an automotive enthusiast.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
1500.00 to install.I got lucky and bought the motor at a salvage yard for 5k.
interesting, did you stick with your c43 trans or did you install the 55 trans? in europe, the c55 used the 2.82 diff from the clk55 as well. have you sourced that? thanks for your reply!
Old 02-17-2005, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
an automotive enthusiast could be characterized as one who revels in the purity of design.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Like most people I know what I am buying and dont listen to marketing. I would think that if I was going to get ALL of those things that could be made better then I wouldnt be buying a W203 for starters.

Without one single performance increase my car already saved my life several times and does things in stock mode that my previous car could never do. so to me you all sound like losers because you cant tell the difference between a C-class and a CL saloon.

Knowing and reason are not the same thing as self-abuse and wall posters of your car with $600 chunks of metal attached in place of a $50 chunk of metal.

What I am like in real life ? I help people in times of trouble, I study very hard and I work long hours. I enjoy working with these cars and I appreciate the depth that goes into the construction. So if you asked me to increase the power of your C55 and money was no object I would tell you to get lost.
This has got to be the most ARROGANT post I have seen. Mirage you are so full of yourself that this has now went down from being comical to pitiful.

Yes, all of us are loosers because we drive a C-klass and you in your CL "saloon" (which is by the way is a COUPE) have no knowledge and need your ego to tell us how cars work.

Oh my God how did the world exict without you - we can never imagine?

Does AMG have a special seat for you on their management board?

Get over yourself before your ego expands to require all four seats in your "saloon".
Old 02-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport
This has got to be the most ARROGANT post I have seen. Mirage you are so full of yourself that this has now went down from being comical to pitiful.

Yes, all of us are loosers because we drive a C-klass and you in your CL "saloon" (which is by the way is a COUPE) have no knowledge and need your ego to tell us how cars work.

Oh my God how did the world exict without you - we can never imagine?

Does AMG have a special seat for you on their management board?

Get over yourself before your ego expands to require all four seats in your "saloon".
I can see now that your attention span is simply the last thing you misread. How much money would you waste before a C55 cost the same as an E55. It's not your problem is it ?

When you learn to read then you will also realise that Mercedes makes the C55 cheap so that its not a E55 replacement. Adding so many things that could be added would make it pointless ..... or worse still ..... a tuners workshop.

Seriously Vadim, how much money can you take off a C55 customer and still have him blown off the face of the earth by a flagship Benz model.

Last edited by miroj; 02-17-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Banned

Since I pay for my own mods ...... perhaps not.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:47 PM

C32
I can see now that your attention span is simply the last thing you misread. How much money would you waste before a C55 cost the same as an E55. It's not your problem is it ?

When you learn to read then you will also realise that Mercedes makes the C55 cheap so that its not a E55 replacement. Adding so many things that could be added would make it pointless ..... or worse still ..... a tuners workshop.
Like Vadim said, you are arrogant! A real snob.

Maybe we want the C because it is lighter the the E55, and thus faster on a road course. Maybe we dont have the cash to get the E55 up front. Maybe we dont WANT to spend that much money all in one shot. Maybe we just like tinkering with our cars. Whatever the reason, it is hard to fathom that somone could be close minded as you are. You need to expand your mind.

Oh, no car enthusiast buys a car and leaves it alone. A person that is buying a car for prestige does.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:48 PM

C32
Since I pay for my own mods ...... perhaps not.
Shoot, who do you thinks pays for mine? My neighbor? God?
Old 02-17-2005, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
[QUOTE]I can see now that your attention span is simply the last thing you misread. How much money would you waste before a C55 cost the same as an E55. It's not your problem is it ? [QUOTE]

Nope, I read all of your posts. Sorry but all of them show lack of basic automotive knowledge. Not that is bad, no one can know everything. It is problem when some one proclaims to be an expert in the field and has no experience.

As far as is how much some one wants to spend on their car, sorry but this their decision not yours. Many of us spend money on things that others may percieve as foolish.

So what is wrong with tuner workshop? Have you ever been to SEMA show? DO you even know what it is?
Old 02-17-2005, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Oh, no car enthusiast buys a car and leaves it alone. A person that is buying a car for prestige does.
i dissagree.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Vadim @ evosport][QUOTE]I can see now that your attention span is simply the last thing you misread. How much money would you waste before a C55 cost the same as an E55. It's not your problem is it ?

Nope, I read all of your posts. Sorry but all of them show lack of basic automotive knowledge. Not that is bad, no one can know everything. It is problem when some one proclaims to be an expert in the field and has no experience.

As far as is how much some one wants to spend on their car, sorry but this their decision not yours. Many of us spend money on things that others may percieve as foolish.

So what is wrong with tuner workshop? Have you ever been to SEMA show? DO you even know what it is?
I wish I knew all these mystery claims ........ I just know BS when I see it ..... does that mean I need a diploma in machining to know its pointless.

Given the number of things that have been turned out of billet and how 'easy' it is with a good lathe .... I wouldnt exactly give up my day job if I was in your shoes.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
i dissagree.
Travelling ...... prestige ? I never knew that I should be so proud of myself to get to a destination. Its amazing what people will teach me online.

I disagree too ...
Old 02-17-2005, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
interesting, did you stick with your c43 trans or did you install the 55 trans? in europe, the c55 used the 2.82 diff from the clk55 as well. have you sourced that? thanks for your reply!
yes I am using the C43 tranny,I can get a E55 tranny but Benzmac(Donnie) told me that the C43 tranny is plenty fine to handle the rigors of the M113.983(5.5L motor NA).I also would rather keep my diff as it is a 3.06.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:34 PM

C32
I wish I knew all these mystery claims ........ I just know BS when I see it ..... does that mean I need a diploma in machining to know its pointless.
So what exactly are you calling BS on?
Old 02-18-2005, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
yes I am using the C43 tranny,I can get a E55 tranny but Benzmac(Donnie) told me that the C43 tranny is plenty fine to handle the rigors of the M113.983(5.5L motor NA).I also would rather keep my diff as it is a 3.06.
i would assume since you used all factory parts, that reliablilty is the same and you have experienced no 'teething' problems? how would you rate the performance of the 55 motor in the C as apposed to the E? thanks again.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i would assume since you used all factory parts, that reliablilty is the same and you have experienced no 'teething' problems? how would you rate the performance of the 55 motor in the C as apposed to the E? thanks again.
OT ,The only problem I 'm having right now is that the ECU still thinks the car is a C43 so it runs very very lean.I posted my dyno results in a recent thread with the A/f ratio.I think it's the thread that says "E55 dyno".14-16 were the A/F ratio #'s @ WOT, way to lean.Dangerously lean.A/F should be high 12 to mid 13's ideally.From factory E55 runs 11.5to mid high 12's A/F.Lean condition the car posted 270whp and 286ftlbs of tq. Not good,but ok. Benzmac said that the ECU needs to be manipulated into thinking that the car is an E55 to improve the A/F.This is what he had to do to his conversion,C43 to C55.This will be his job in early March.Car will be shipped to him in March for the reprogramming of the AMG ECU.Many expect the car to run high 12's once it's tuned.Even with the lean condition the car still feels a whole lot stronger than the 4.3L motor.I raced the blk one(C43) in my sig.You can ask him about the results
Old 02-18-2005, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
OT ,The only problem I 'm having right now is that the ECU still thinks the car is a C43 so it runs very very lean.I posted my dyno results in a recent thread with the A/f ratio.I think it's the thread that says "E55 dyno".14-16 were the A/F ratio #'s @ WOT, way to lean.Dangerously lean.A/F should be high 12 to mid 13's ideally.From factory E55 runs 11.5to mid high 12's A/F.Lean condition the car posted 270whp and 286ftlbs of tq. Not good,but ok. Benzmac said that the ECU needs to be manipulated into thinking that the car is an E55 to improve the A/F.This is what he had to do to his conversion,C43 to C55.This will be his job in early March.Car will be shipped to him in March for the reprogramming of the AMG ECU.Many expect the car to run high 12's once it's tuned.Even with the lean condition the car still feels a whole lot stronger than the 4.3L motor.I raced the blk one(C43) in my sig.You can ask him about the results
what is preventing you from installing an e55 ecu? high 12s sounds pretty quick, but i guess that makes sense because it has a lot more torque than the c32 and the same power and similar weight.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

what is preventing you from installing an e55 ecu? high 12s sounds pretty quick, but i guess that makes sense because it has a lot more torque than the c32 and the same power and similar weight.
Well I can get an E55 ECU but I'll have to get a new key and ignition switch for my car I'm told.The ECU will cost me 12-1500.00 for a stck E55 ECU.Then if I want to upgrade it you are talking about another 6-1200.00. Total for stck E55 Ecu + upgrade = roughly about 18-2700.00 EXPENSIVE.It's cheaper for me to let Benzmac convert the C43 ECU software to run like E55 software which will also be manipulated to run stronger than a stck E55.Almost 1500.00 cheaper from the 2700.00.Both Vehicles 98-2000 C43 and E55 use ME 2.0.That's why it can be done.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG

Given the number of things that have been turned out of billet and how 'easy' it is with a good lathe .... I wouldnt exactly give up my day job if I was in your shoes.
See again you have NO idea what you are talking about. There are no "mystery" claims, every package we sell comes with a dyno proof. Not only by us, but by other shops as well.

Secondly, lathe can only produce "round items", i.e. parts that are symetrical in every dimension. CNC produces parts that can not be made on a lathe.

See you just keep proving to me that you are what we call a "hanger on". Someone who hangs around the shop and tries to catch a couple of phrases here and there so he can sound like he knows something.

I know who you are.

I see "you" every day at the shop.

And you still DO NOT know anything.

Like I said before -

MATE lay-off that "crank force"!!!!!!!!!!!

Before it makes you look even dumber.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:16 PM

04 C320 Coupe MT
I have to say that besides being enjoyable to read, I learned a lot from this thread.