C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

pulley for my C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550, 2011 BMW 335i
pulley for my C55

Just wanted to let anyone interested in getting a pulley for their C55, that is was a good first upgrade for me. I was alittle hesitant to do anything in the engine area, do to some threads about service A's and warranty issues, but i went ahead and did it anyway... my summary of the upgrade goes as follows. I was told i should get about 8-10 rwhp, and i can feel alittle more in first gear, and the rest of the gears i only feel it more at the top end. Seems to me that i lost alittle bit of the 2nd gear pull til about 4000rpm, but i am told that when i get an ECU upgrade, it should tune that and other issues to work more finely tuned. total cost of the upgrade was around 600, and was done at EvoSport... They did a great job, and they really have a passion for what they do over there. Up next im doing a resonator deletion and putting greenfilters in... i will let you know how it goes...
Attached Thumbnails pulley for my C55-pulley-1.jpg   pulley for my C55-pulley-2.jpg   pulley for my C55-pulley-3.jpg  
Old 02-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
take it to the track, lets see what it can do now!
Old 02-10-2005, 01:33 AM

2007 E550, 2011 BMW 335i
i would love too, i wish they have those AMG deals somewhere out here, or even near here, to have some fun, and as for the drag strip, i will sometime in the next couple of months...
Old 02-10-2005, 01:45 AM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by more151please
Just wanted to let anyone interested in getting a pulley for their C55, that is was a good first upgrade for me. I was alittle hesitant to do anything in the engine area, do to some threads about service A's and warranty issues, but i went ahead and did it anyway... my summary of the upgrade goes as follows. I was told i should get about 8-10 rwhp, and i can feel alittle more in first gear, and the rest of the gears i only feel it more at the top end. Seems to me that i lost alittle bit of the 2nd gear pull til about 4000rpm, but i am told that when i get an ECU upgrade, it should tune that and other issues to work more finely tuned. total cost of the upgrade was around 600, and was done at EvoSport... They did a great job, and they really have a passion for what they do over there. Up next im doing a resonator deletion and putting greenfilters in... i will let you know how it goes...
Do you have the web address to the GreenFilters? I also have the pulleys and Powerchip software. I got 22hp with the chip and 7 with the pulleys. I have the dyno graphs.
Thanks
Mario
Old 02-10-2005, 02:04 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by E55Cent
Do you have the web address to the GreenFilters? I also have the pulleys and Powerchip software. I got 22hp with the chip and 7 with the pulleys. I have the dyno graphs.
Thanks
Mario
We just became a dealer for green filters should be able to start taking orders on them in a day or 2. Their web address is greenfilterusa.com we will also be selling at a lower price then dealing with them directy and paying retail.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
dyno graph

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
We just became a dealer for green filters should be able to start taking orders on them in a day or 2. Their web address is www.greenfilterusa.com we will also be selling at a lower price then dealing with them directy and paying retail.
How much are the filters?

Originally Posted by E55Cent
Thanks
Mario
Can you post your Dynograph Mario? I'd love to get an idea of where the A/F should be at.My car is running Superlean since the install.Thanks Carl

Last edited by ProjectC55; 02-13-2005 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by more151please
The only thing its pulling on is your wallet. 8 horse power is noticeable after any $600 extraction. Owners with no skill in engineering using no measuring tools can precisely determine a 2-5% gain in performance on an undefined road surface without timing.

That much horsepower can be gained by picking up your car late in the day when the air has cooled and the humidity is altered.

Im sure everyone at Evosport thinks I have an evil eye for them but that simply isnt true. They only supply the junk people want .....
Old 02-13-2005, 12:24 PM

C 32 AMG (203.065)
can anybody enlighten me about those green filters. I've been on their website, looks quite okay.. they even offer the filter for the C32.. but are they any good? I heard lots of aftermarket filters let a lot of dirt in the engine..
Old 02-13-2005, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
MIROJ: Opinions are like a**holes. We all have one and they all stink.

Opinions with data can become facts.

Unless you can present to me data that you have a dyno, that you have done testing before and after installation of our underdrive pulleys and you have not seen any gains, your opinion is is just that - an OPINION.

In EVERY post that you have made so far you have not produced any FACTS.

So, until you do - you are just a "MIRAGE".

MadC32: I will post some more data on Green filters this coming week.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport
MIROJ: Opinions are like a**holes. We all have one and they all stink.

Opinions with data can become facts.

Unless you can present to me data that you have a dyno, that you have done testing before and after installation of our underdrive pulleys and you have not seen any gains, your opinion is is just that - an OPINION.

In EVERY post that you have made so far you have not produced any FACTS.

So, until you do - you are just a "MIRAGE".

MadC32: I will post some more data on Green filters this coming week.
Try sea level, 1000feet, 5000feet, 10% humidity, 95% humidity, 32 degrees and 100 degrees.

You are so self-absorbed that you cant recognise simple ideas for what they are. Atmospheric condition destroys more performance than this piece of metal creates.

Calling it my opinion and saying it stinks only means that you are a greedy jerk who wants to sell rubbish to people.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:31 AM

dumn dumn dumn.....

Vadim your turn.........
Old 02-14-2005, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Try sea level, 1000feet, 5000feet, 10% humidity, 95% humidity, 32 degrees and 100 degrees.
MIROJ: If statement above does not prove my point about your lack of knowledge, I do not know what else can.

Underdrive pulleys (UD) have NOTHING to do with atmospheric conditions that the engine runs at. UDs reduces accessory load that the engine has. It is a MECHANICAL load reduction, not an airflow improvement.

P.S. Calling me names only make you look more foolish.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Banned

MIROJ: If statement above does not prove my point about your lack of knowledge, I do not know what else can.

Underdrive pulleys (UD) have NOTHING to do with atmospheric conditions that the engine runs at. UDs reduces accessory load that the engine has. It is a MECHANICAL load reduction, not an airflow improvement.

P.S. Calling me names only make you look more foolish.
It's clear to me that you only drive cars across town. Hence the lack of comprehension.

As for the name calling ..... its ok .... you earned it.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Mirage: OK, let's try a different angle:

So what do you do for a living?

Do you own a speed shop?

Do you have engineering degrees?

Do you know how to work the dyno?

Do you know what dyno is?

How many years have you spend building and tuning cars?

According to you we are jerks who know nothing. So please enlighten us all. Do tells us what we have been doing wrong all these decades. After all you proclaim to possess the ultimate knoweledge.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Banned

Mirage: OK, let's try a different angle:
So what do you do for a living?
Do you own a speed shop?
Do you have engineering degrees?
Do you know how to work the dyno?
Do you know what dyno is?
How many years have you spend building and tuning cars?
According to you we are jerks who know nothing. So please enlighten us all. Do tells us what we have been doing wrong all these decades. After all you proclaim to possess the ultimate knoweledge.
So you have been tuning C55 for 20+ years now and you can assure me that in Aspen during winter it has the same power as in Nevada during summer. All I see is a clever way to obviate common sense ...... the stock and trade of the tuner.

We had this conversation when I said that every time you sell a pulley for an M271 without a new ECU map you were selling snake oil. Well you dont see Stuttgart doing it do you ? A sale is a sale isnt it ?

Perhaps if your standards were somewhere above worthwhile then your vast experience would mean something ..... its all just wallet surgery isnt it.

Sorry ..... the drag-racing engine builder out in the western suburbs of Sydney who makes world famous billet engines is beneath you.

Do you own a Star Diagnose ? Please shock me and say you do.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
So you have been tuning C55 for 20+ years now and you can assure me that in Aspen during winter it has the same power as in Nevada during summer. All I see is a clever way to obviate common sense ...... the stock and trade of the tuner.

We had this conversation when I said that every time you sell a pulley for an M271 without a new ECU map you were selling snake oil. Well you dont see Stuttgart doing it do you ? A sale is a sale isnt it ?

Perhaps if your standards were somewhere above worthwhile then your vast experience would mean something ..... its all just wallet surgery isnt it.

Sorry ..... the drag-racing engine builder out in the western suburbs of Sydney who makes world famous billet engines is beneath you.

Do you own a Star Diagnose ? Please shock me and say you do.
So, judging from above, I can conclude that you are:

1. Tuner of engines for 20 years - Yes?

2. Has no idea that modern ECUs can adapt for altitiude

3. Know what ECU map is.

4. A surgeon?

5. Know how to make "billet" engines. Do they use "crank force" also?

6. Posses experience in computers? (Yes, we do have access to STAR).
Old 02-14-2005, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Lightbulb Fight to the death...

Mr. miroj:

You are beating a dead horse here... (or am I?)

Let is go man... you were doing well in other threads and in this one your reputation just went straight into the cyber-collective-sewer

Cheers

Wiedermann
Old 02-14-2005, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lightbulb

miroj- down talking to someone... NO?!?? Do you intentional browse the boards looking for fights? I think it was Vadim who said it best in another place, "Ignorance is bliss, too little is just dangerous". In the last debate I read of yours, you completely missed the point and referenced the 100% INCORRECT theory. Jesus man, launch your own forum to edumakate the masses why?

If everyone elses products are so freaking **** poor, and they are all just snake oil salesmen, why haven't you liberated us with your company's products?

WTF?
Tom
Old 02-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wiedermann
Mr. miroj:

You are beating a dead horse here... (or am I?)

Let is go man... you were doing well in other threads and in this one your reputation just went straight into the cyber-collective-sewer

Cheers

Wiedermann
Why waste my time explaining why NA engines dont work the same everywhere. You're right.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nukblazi
miroj- down talking to someone... NO?!?? Do you intentional browse the boards looking for fights? I think it was Vadim who said it best in another place, "Ignorance is bliss, too little is just dangerous". In the last debate I read of yours, you completely missed the point and referenced the 100% INCORRECT theory. Jesus man, launch your own forum to edumakate the masses why?

If everyone elses products are so freaking **** poor, and they are all just snake oil salesmen, why haven't you liberated us with your company's products?

WTF?
Tom
Stuttgart supplies superior cars to inferior American consumers with small manhood. So a "pulley" should make it bigger.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:10 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
please miroj, how can you think you argue with Vadim from Evosport on anything technical when you said clearly, i quote:

"Headers = intake
Camshaft = under the engine covers above the pistons.

First rule of paying for mods. If you dont know where it is on your car you are best off not touching it. Some people like to take advantage in that situation."

please sir, i had to correct you on this fundamental mistake. now you claim you're a "drag-racing engine builder out in the western suburbs of Sydney who makes world famous billet engines"...come on..........

for everyone to see:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/94701-what-headers-camshaft.html
Old 02-15-2005, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by miroj
Stuttgart supplies superior cars to inferior American consumers with small manhood. So a "pulley" should make it bigger.
Man, you are such a tool... You sure you want to leave yourself open to a wisecrack about who's pulleying my manhood... (Insert inappropriate mom or sister joke here)

So, now the thread has moved to a complete dismissal of American's deservedness of the Mercedes marque? You come off as a complete snob, totally misinformed or miseducated, and repetely can be found in the weeds, talking out of your rear. Either A. you are a complete and utter brain fart. B. you get a rise out of the argument...

Let's face some facts. The Chryslers coming out of Stuttgart suck. The MB of today is nothing of the prestige and powerful symbolism it once was. Get off the high horse...
Old 02-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KompressorKev
please miroj, how can you think you argue with Vadim from Evosport on anything technical when you said clearly, i quote:

"Headers = intake
Camshaft = under the engine covers above the pistons.

First rule of paying for mods. If you dont know where it is on your car you are best off not touching it. Some people like to take advantage in that situation."

please sir, i had to correct you on this fundamental mistake. now you claim you're a "drag-racing engine builder out in the western suburbs of Sydney who makes world famous billet engines"...come on..........

for everyone to see:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94701
At least I didnt ask you for $600 for wasting your time.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:19 AM

yes i am a fairly recent noob, but what is Star Diagnose? is it a piece of equipment to check out mercedes benz's?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by blackstunna
yes i am a fairly recent noob, but what is Star Diagnose? is it a piece of equipment to check out mercedes benz's?
It's diagnostic equipment used for MB's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pulley for my C55