dealer messed up one of my new rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Angry dealer messed up one of my new rims

MB of Laguna Niguel had my car to troubleshoot my left headlight which would occasionaly not light up. They ended up replacing the whole unit after 3 tries to fix it on previous occasions.

I was looking at my rims yesterday, and I noticed that the paint was chipped around the lug nut holes where the idiot tech used an air gun. They admitted that he shouldnt have used the air gun, but they said the only thing they would do is to have "their guy that comes on friday" touch up the rim said he would "make it look like new".

In addition, after intalled the new headlight, the right one is now significantly dimmer than the left. They refused to replace the right assemble to match. Even after admitting screwing up my rim, they couldnt even do me the courtesy of replacing that right side.

Im never going back there again, in addition, Im probably putting my stock rims back on everytime it goes to the dealer.

The good thing is the chips arent that noticable unless looking for them. HRE is sending me some touch up paint which will do for now I guess.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G
thats sucks man ..you should tell them they shouldn't use touch up paint just like how their mechanic shouldn't have used the air gun ...and about the headlights not matching ..i would say i want my **** to be correct just like the day i bought it.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
trying to send a complaint to MBUSA now
Old 02-23-2005, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
The more I hear stuff like this the more I'm convinced that it's neccesary to take detailed pictures of my vehicle before I take it in to get serviced etc. Extreme? Yes, but worth it when this sort of suff happens............. Sorry to hear that man
Old 02-23-2005, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by wawy
The more I hear stuff like this the more I'm convinced that it's neccesary to take detailed pictures of my vehicle before I take it in to get serviced etc. Extreme? Yes, but worth it when this sort of suff happens............. Sorry to hear that man
That's a bit extreme and would not help the relationship with your local service department. Additionally, unless you did it while they watch, even if they were date/time-stamped, they could always argue about when the pics were taken. I think a better approach that accomplishes the same basic idea is to walk around the vehicle with the service advisor pointing out any pre-existing blemishes, if any. Ask them to note this on the work order. Any later discrepancies should be able to be resolved, in case something happens.

Rgds,
Norm
Old 02-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G
Originally Posted by noka
Ask them to note this on the work order.

thats what my dealer does
Old 02-24-2005, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
What do you guys expect that come in with aftermarket 5k+rims, that they actually give a ****? They dispise aftermarket crap trust me. Not much you can do to have them be extra careful w/your rims exept to let the SA know in advance that they shouldnt do certain things in a certain way for your wheels/body kits. They are all preprogrammed and trained just to work on stock dime a dozen MB's.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by noka
I think a better approach that accomplishes the same basic idea is to walk around the vehicle with the service advisor pointing out any pre-existing blemishes, if any. Ask them to note this on the work order. Any later discrepancies should be able to be resolved, in case something happens.

Rgds,
Norm

yup, thats what I did, and he did note on my estimate "wheels, no damage". In addition, I did ask nicely that the wheels were new and custom, and to have the tech take extra precaution with them. Oh well, I guess I learned my lesson. I guess Im keeping my stock rims, and putting them on everytime it goes to the dealer. PITA, but peace of mind on my end.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:39 AM

If you want good service at mb laguna niguel,

pm me, I drive from Inland empire to drop off my car
there for some good reasons

Fk
Old 02-24-2005, 12:23 PM

SLK32
I had the place that the local MB dealerhsip uses come out and fix one of my rims. They did a fantastic job, can't tell at all it was ever damaged or repaired.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by psk145
yup, thats what I did, and he did note on my estimate "wheels, no damage". In addition, I did ask nicely that the wheels were new and custom, and to have the tech take extra precaution with them. ...
Well, what I recommended really only might help in the event the dealer denied doing any damage. It certainly won't prevent them from doing damage. Anyway, sounds like minor damage that can be easily fixed, although of course I can understand your frustration about it. Good luck and let us know if they make good on it.

Rgds,
Norm
Old 02-24-2005, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I think Im just frustrated about the "oh well" attitude they took towards it. If they had offered straight up to have me repair it at the facility of my choice, chances are I wouldnt have gone through the hassle of sending it back to HRE and waiting.

Just the fact that their only solution was to have a mobile detail guy that I dont know fix the wheel was insulting. If they offered to have the detail guy try and fix the rim, and if I wasnt satisfied to have it sent to HRE, that would have been OK too. But no, I just got blown off, and the tech just got a slap on the wrist for screwing up the paint.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:08 PM

SLK32
Ahhh, now the story is a little different (or a little clearer, or it just clicked). Yup, an attitude like sucks and pisses you off. Plus my wheels are the stock AMG wheels, easier to repair than the HRE rims. Atleast for road rash.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:26 AM

C32 AMG
[QUOTE=psk145]Im never going back there again, in addition, Im probably putting my stock rims back on everytime it goes to the dealer.
QUOTE]

wouldnt that cause you to need an alignment everytime?