W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Lightbulb W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension

A few days ago I made a comment of Hydraulic Self leveling suspension available for W203 chassis. Unfortunately, at the time I didn't have the necessary screen shots of the system that is available from MB. This set up is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) set up and has been available since the release of the W203 chassis. Mr. cntlaw had posted the question in a diff. thread as to Airmatic being available for W203s and/or future C classes. Though I am not aware of Airmatic being available, I had indicated of the Hydraulic set up currently being available from MB.
Originally Posted by cntlaw
Anypne votes for airmatic ( whatever you call it , automatic suspensions ) for next gen of C AMG ? The SL55 and E55 all have it, the 997S also have similar technology and it is even active like the one on SL55. That makes less pain for C AMG fans to ride on bumpy roads :p
Some members raised some doubt about of this being available. For those interested and as an FYI, here are the screenshots of the set up directly from MB-EPC (Electronic Parts Catalog). The pics include the entire set up which includes standard set up and Hydraulic rear self leveling suspension.

Reference thread:Airmatic for C AMG

Cheers

Wiedermann
Attached Thumbnails W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050225mb001.jpg   W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050225mb002.jpg   W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050225mb003.jpg   W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050225mb004.jpg   W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050225mb005.jpg  

Last edited by Wiedermann; 02-26-2005 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Image adjustment
Old 02-26-2005, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Second set of pics
Attached Thumbnails W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050225mb006.jpg   W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050225mb007.jpg   W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050225mb008.jpg   W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050225mb009.jpg   W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050225mb010.jpg  

Old 02-26-2005, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Last pic...
Attached Thumbnails W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050225mb011a.jpg  

Last edited by Wiedermann; 02-26-2005 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
WOW whos epc did you steal?

Thats not the stuff you blabbered my ear off abuot for hours at your house but sure made for a useless post.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
WOW whos epc did you steal?

Thats not the stuff you blabbered my ear off abuot for hours at your house but sure made for a useless post.

Eric:

As I indicated before and mentioned on my previous posting, I referred to Hydraulic self leveling suspension available on W203s. I recall telling you and Adam about the Hydraulic system available for the W203. Last week you basically indicated those parts did not exist in EPC, unfortunately, the system does exist in EPC.

Equally and as I have mentioned before, I am not an expert, nor pretend to be one. My comments are based only on what I've seen at one point or another.
Originally Posted by Wiedermann
Hydraulic suspension on W203s
Originally Posted by cntlaw
Anypne votes for airmatic ( whatever you call it , automatic suspensions ) for next gen of C AMG ? The SL55 and E55 all have it, the 997S also have similar technology and it is even active like the one on SL55. That makes less pain for C AMG fans to ride on bumpy roads :p
Mr. cntlaw:

Hydraulic suspension is available for W203 C classes. Like on the other chassis, it cost extra and it is an available option. MB's EPC (Electronic Parts Catalog) has all the parts listed...
If I misrepresented in any way anything before, I have to stress that was not my intention.

For any of my previous comments I may have made before, I have indicated already, I am not interested in getting to prove every single one of them, I rather leave it there.

Good luck to you

Wiedermann

Last edited by Wiedermann; 02-26-2005 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Comment correction
Old 02-26-2005, 06:54 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
your next project?
Old 02-26-2005, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Lightbulb Next project?

Originally Posted by FrankW
your next project?
... that's a thought! however I've been told that is not possible

Cheers

Wiedermann
Old 02-26-2005, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
... that's a thought! however I've been told that is not possible

Cheers

Wiedermann

Why not just install the rear portion of the H&R coil-overs you have up front. Having H&R parts up front and stock rear parts sure can't drive very well.

At least last time I poked my head around your car you had H&R front suspension and stock rear. Now I must say you are the first person to ever do that on a W203. Not sure that is somethng to write home about though.

Oh wait I forgot you called the suspension on your C32 a German option from AMG for an adjustable suspension. Right I forgot. I guess AMG just walked over to EvoSport and bought their H&R coil-overs and uses the front part only fo that special option package. Did you say that was a 5k option? Good deal huh!

WE WANT E65 Pics! We WANT E65 Pics! I mean its in your garage back home so take a photo!

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 02-26-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Lightbulb Next project

I am probably going for one of these options:
Originally Posted by Peench
My ride is PHAT! I just did that color change last week. It took me like 45 bottles of spray paint (home depot was happy with my purchase), but I think it looks freakin cool yo! Those 22's are DA BOMB! I've got to be the first with 22's on my ride - and I upgraded to gold plated brake lines so no fade! The only fading is me and my 40oz of 8-Ball!

Here's what my ride used to look like before I became a Super P*I*M*P!

I was getting too much drag from the satellite dish (I lost like .0000003 of a second on my qtr mile time) so I had to remove it. The gold plated AMG rims were bartered off to a street vendor in TJ (I was drunk and hungry and the tacos and chiclets looked good).

I'm a modding foo yo!
Not to count that Mr Peechey's car came with an interchangable color and wheels option:

Or maybe you didn't see Mr Peechey's new spoiler!!!!:
Originally Posted by Peench
New Wing !! Inexpensive and very cool!!
Installed this wing last weekend with some parts from the local hardware store. Very easy to install and I'm sure it will give me some additional traction at the track. I can't wait to whup up on everybody at the track in Carlsbad with this bad boy!!!

Wiedermann
Old 02-26-2005, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Lightbulb Da project

My ultimate project will be to combine everything that Mr Peench has done and put it into my car!!... this is my ultimate project:

I don't have as much time as I used to, I only get to load pics when I have access to a high speed source but the projects are still there!

Wiedermann
Attached Thumbnails W203 Hydraulic System - Self leveling suspension-20050226mb001.jpg  
Old 02-26-2005, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
MB has had rear SLS as an option on pretty much every car since the 1951 300 sedan; this is nothing new.

however, when you said that in europe there was some special hydraulic suspension available, you made it sound as if ADS I or II was what you were talking about. i.e. a four wheel leveling suspension with different driving modes and ride height control. if, in fact, all you were trying to say was that rear SLS is an option, fine. sunman already said that rear SLS is available, and i know that as fact as well. so i dont really understand why you bothered to post the rear SLS EPC, we all have it and have already consulted it because of your post in the other thread.

since you are out to prove yourself with this thread it seems, why dont you put the e65 amg debate to bed and post some pics of it. heck, i would be satisfied if you could just prove that such a model exists, let alone that you in fact have one in your possession in austria. if you could also post pics of your nuremburgring suspension package, that would be great too.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Lightbulb Pics

Last week, the suspension was not in existance, but that has been resolved now

As always, pics are better than anything else

Cheers

Wiedermann
Old 02-26-2005, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Last week, the suspension was not in existance, but that has been resolved now

As always, pics are better than anything else

Cheers

Wiedermann
mario, we all know that SLS was available for the rear, that wasnt the issue so dont try to make it as such in an effort to save face. you said there was a hydraulic suspension system available in europe for the w203. rear SLS is not a big deal, like i said, so what is this special hydraulic suspension system you were tauting in the other thread?? i have yet to see it. in other words, rear SLS is not what you were talking about, why are you acting like it is? especially since we already agreed in the other thread that rear SLS was available?? you come back weeks later with some pics of EPC on a subject that has already been resolved and act like you vindicated yourself, what are you thinking? we are not impressed.

fyi, rear SLS is NOT a suspension "system" it is 2 shocks and a swaybar sensor, big deal.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:21 PM

W203 C240