EBC Green Pads, Anyone use em'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
EBC Green Pads, Anyone use em'

Had my C43 for about a week now. Get's more and more fun each day. Keeping a Silver benz looking good is also way easier than the previous black one I had.

Bought the car with the stock wheels(which I like) although the two rear have curb rash on the lips. Both are going out next week to be redone for 330.00 total which is pretty good.

I am going to change the brake pads while the car is on stands wheel-less. I have seen Padgid and a couple other types mentioned here. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with EBC GREEN pads. Price is decent on them and they seem to have a good rep with other cars.

ANY IDEAS????

Also, COOLCARSKIC43...I may take you up on the spring/shock offer although it probably wouldn't honestly be until a few weeks. If you still got em' then we will talk.

THANKS GUYS.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:45 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
EBC green Pads

I put Green pads on all 4 wheels . and they work great & very little dust. You can Go to Google search . Look for AMG POWER .COM . Forums, then CLK5.5 (W209) Author PTE. Hope this helps
Old 08-12-2005, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
Slightly off topic

I have Padgid on rears and they are nice. I forget off hand what I put up front. My question is who is refinishing your wheels. My fronts have a little curb rash as well.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by StapleGun
I have Padgid on rears and they are nice. I forget off hand what I put up front. My question is who is refinishing your wheels. My fronts have a little curb rash as well.
www.rimpro.com

They have locations in Mass, AZ, and MI. They have a large setup each year at the boston world of wheels show. They do awesome work from what I have seen up close. Price is $160.00 per wheel to fix curb rash and refinish it. They also have a long *** warrenty on the finish. Bent, cracked, or chrome wheels are a bit more.

I'll have some more feedback in a couple weeks once mine are all done.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
Thanks

Hey Nitro, thanks for the prompt reply! I appreciate the link, let us know how they turn out.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:05 AM

C43AMG 1999
rimpro

Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
www.rimpro.com

They have locations in Mass, AZ, and MI. They have a large setup each year at the boston world of wheels show. They do awesome work from what I have seen up close. Price is $160.00 per wheel to fix curb rash and refinish it. They also have a long *** warrenty on the finish. Bent, cracked, or chrome wheels are a bit more.

I'll have some more feedback in a couple weeks once mine are all done.
rimpro did one one of my rear wheels.
it was OK, but not "REALLY GREAT". initially the finish looked really great.
but after just a few days a bunch of tiny little cracks appeared on the entire wheel. the cracks are not on the surface, but rather "inside" the finish if you know what i mean.
you can't see them unless you look at it from a very close distance, but if you look at refinished and non-refinished wheel you'll see the difference very easily.
but on good side i've been driving on this wheel for 2 years now and the finish hasn't fallen off or anything
btw, i think i paid less than 160 to refinish that wheel. it was either 120 or 100 i don't remember exactly, but they might have given me a discount cause i bought a couple of wheels from them at the same time too.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by hangup
rimpro did one one of my rear wheels.
it was OK, but not "REALLY GREAT". initially the finish looked really great.
but after just a few days a bunch of tiny little cracks appeared on the entire wheel. the cracks are not on the surface, but rather "inside" the finish if you know what i mean.
you can't see them unless you look at it from a very close distance, but if you look at refinished and non-refinished wheel you'll see the difference very easily.
but on good side i've been driving on this wheel for 2 years now and the finish hasn't fallen off or anything
btw, i think i paid less than 160 to refinish that wheel. it was either 120 or 100 i don't remember exactly, but they might have given me a discount cause i bought a couple of wheels from them at the same time too.
Dude, they warrenty the finish. I would have brought it up. Probably too late now though. Hope I have better luck. Did you go to the Mass. location or elsewhere?