AMG GROUND WIRES increase power? !!

Check this out: this guy claims among other that the wires he is selling will:

GAIN INSTANT HORSEPOWER 8-15HP !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMG-G...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-26-2006, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
I hope you don't believe that. If you're smart and just posting this for our enjoyment, thanks! I got a good laugh. :0)
Old 02-26-2006, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't have a Mercedes right now...
Of course I didn't believe that but I was so amazed of how much BS people are willing to tell you over the internet to buy their stuff!
Old 02-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
well...they do look pretty
Old 02-26-2006, 10:31 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Errr, some of you must not be familiar with certain power mods? Ground wires DO indeed increase Hp via improving spark. When you add air & fuel without additional spark, you are leaving power (albeit minor amounts) on the table - especially for FI powerplants (not just "AMG" engines). This is "why" ignition amplifiers (and ground wires) are added to improve spark - especially when adding significantly more air & fuel to the equation.

See ya,
-Matt
Old 02-28-2006, 05:40 AM
Almost a Member!

C43 AMG; SLK32 AMG
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Errr, some of you must not be familiar with certain power mods? Ground wires DO indeed increase Hp via improving spark. When you add air & fuel without additional spark, you are leaving power (albeit minor amounts) on the table - especially for FI powerplants (not just "AMG" engines). This is "why" ignition amplifiers (and ground wires) are added to improve spark - especially when adding significantly more air & fuel to the equation.

See ya,
-Matt
True. However AMG have individual Ignotion coils for each cylinder i.e.8 coils.
That should be sufficient for ignition.
I noticed a remarkable gain in power by simply replacing the current Bosch Platinum Plugs with the improved 5-prong Bosch Platinum Plugs. Keeping the Air-Filter clean is equally important.

Last edited by C43BlkAMG; 02-28-2006 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by C43BlkAMG
True. However AMG have individual Ignotion coils for each cylinder i.e.8 coils.
That should be sufficient for ignition.
I noticed a remarkable gain in power by simply replacing the current Bosch Platinum Plugs with the improved 5-prong Bosch Platinum Plugs. Keeping the Air-Filter clean is equally important.
How did the plugs you took out look and what was their milage?? My car is at just under 50,000 and I was going to change the plugs soon. I just did the air and fuel filter.

I find that there is so many debates on spark plug type and stories that go along with it that I'm affraid to get anything but OEM. Although, Iriadium plugs look interesting...
Old 03-01-2006, 05:26 AM
Almost a Member!

C43 AMG; SLK32 AMG
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
How did the plugs you took out look and what was their milage?? My car is at just under 50,000 and I was going to change the plugs soon. I just did the air and fuel filter.

I find that there is so many debates on spark plug type and stories that go along with it that I'm affraid to get anything but OEM. Although, Iriadium plugs look interesting...
The removed plugs were in good condition- not much wear, no sign of carbon or pitting. The terminal was diminished to half it's original thickness but that is normal. They were used for 30k miles. People claim they are ok for 80k miles. I have no regrets changing them early. The power torque is improved, especially on cold take off. I don't know much about Iridium plugs but I think they are not available for C43 yet.

I like to utilize newer technology as long as the Manufacturer of product will guarantee it. I changed all my fluids (Tranny,Engine,Diff.) to Amsoil since they guaranteed it and it's way better then outdated OEM oils.
Same for tires. Originally Continentals I went to Pilot Sport and Pilot Alpine for winter. Now I have Pilot Sport A/S and am waiting for the X-Ice for winter.
The new rubberised-silicone polymer in A/S is pliable in cold and longer lasting than Pilot Sport.