C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Is that Dr.C36's car 4 sale in the Autotrader...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
i am quite saddened actually, and nigh inconsolable might i add. however, i am reassured by the fact that a fine new jersey specimen such as yourself has several "newer" cars all with good paint. congrats
Thanks pal! Glad to see you didn't let some words on the internet make you so sad that you tried to make an argument about it. Jealousy is a *****.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
haha youre a pretty funny guy, i dont get upset over online disagreements, i played PC fps' for years and you wouldnt believe how offended people can get over what someone can type over the internet...

DR. C36, what is an estimate on the cost of the suede headliner, can anyone else tell me?
Old 05-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 C36 AMG
I know both TT C36s, one is in europe. The one in the states is no longer turboed, the owner took the turbos off so its NA again.

If anyone wants to prove me wrong go ahead, I'd love to see some dynoes and maintenance records, all talk... talk is cheap. I have dynos & receipts to back it up.

Whats funny is the only person that isn't offended in here is me haha, couldn't care less. You guys need to lightly up and stop attacking each other.

Moderators (helllllllooooo???) close the thread already, lets get back to discussing C36s & C43s and not making personal attacks on one another
Old 05-26-2008, 12:08 AM

ive actually been attempting to find out the estimate on the cost to have the headliner redone in suede, what did you pay and is it easy to have done?
Old 05-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 C36 AMG
It depends if you have a hookup on labor or not. Material for normal suede is $9 a yard (36"x54"), Labor can range anywhere from $150-300, anymore than $300 and you are getting ripped off. You will probably need 2-3 yards total. Its easiest to hae the shop not rip off the OEM liner and just have them glue it directly to the vinyl surface for maximum adhesion.

Normally I advise against normal suede b/c its very bad with wear resistance, normally I would say get the full Automotive grade Alcantara, however its pricey at $80-90 a yard. Since the headliner gets such little wear and is never touched really it won't pose a problem. Realistically it should be done for under $250 with parts & labor, honestly well worth it considering the stock headliner for some weird reason is the only grey thing in the interior.

do it
Old 05-26-2008, 01:20 AM

well i have the two tone inserts on my seats so im going to have the headliner done in black and the sunroof panel done in light grey, to match the style of the seats. should come out really good. and that price is pretty fair, i was expecting to pay alot more.

thanks for the info im going to find a good quality interior shop (shouldnt be too hard to find one in a city as big as atlanta) and have it done there.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:41 AM

c230 sport black on black on black, 2008 r1200r
Its a shame that there are so many worthless individuals out there, who have no lives a cant let a guy sell his car, if he wants to false advertise, or make claims that he has the fastest C36 or best maintained out there that his choice.
And its between him and the prospective buyer to work out.

And I think its said that you guys are making personal attacks on this guy, but i think its funny that some of you are such forum ***** that u let peoples claims really bother you, if you take such trivial things so personally you have a very sorry life and i feel bad for the people that have to pu tup wiht you on a daily basis.

and im speaking too you jordanst2 your a cu*t and a sorry human being
Old 05-26-2008, 02:51 AM

In search of W222
little girls.
stop fighting
this is the internet
and im only 19 why am i telling you guys this.. someone pelase clsoe this thread
Old 05-26-2008, 02:58 AM

damn brabusk,

youre even worse than these other guys. look i already told all these guys they were gay as hell for badgering a guy for tryin to sell his car... what more do people need. quit flaming this thread and close it already