NE Dragway results, 110.67mph 1/4..the rest is bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like airplane
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
But alot of the track times I'm seeing are with CLK55's with the same stock rear tire sizes the C43's use. Yes I like the idea that the 4door cars like the E55 W211 and our C43's are complete sleepers by looks. But fast 4dr cars are more common than you think,ask ,Bently,BMW and Audi!!
yeah, i understand. I've owned both an S4 lightly modded and a WRX highly modded and both obviously with 4 doors.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
E-town track is just as fast as Atco. At Atco I had a nice cool down and the engine temp was cool before the run. Unlike E-town which the car had no cool down and the engine temp was hot. It sure made a difference.
E36 M3 vs your C36 put up or shut up. I'm waiting to cleanup another car of yours. Please respond. I want to have a third kill against you with my third car. What happened NO Confidence!!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
E36 M3 vs your C36 put up or shut up. I'm waiting to cleanup another car of yours. Please respond. I want to have a third kill against you with my third car. What happened NO Confidence!!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's what I thought. You've shown your tru self!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's what I thought. You've shown your tru self!
Oh nw I'm getting a 505hp Z06 and rape all your cars. Whats the point in that? You need to grow up
Old 11-06-2008, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
You guys should just race. I would.

Carl, I'm glad you chimmed in. What times has your car run and what stage was it at? Did a search and couldn't find any posts about times in your C55. I've driven a CLK55 a couple times and I'm kinda on the fence of what is faster. W202 w/5.5 or W202 w/ 4.3K. I'm pretty certain the numbers prove greater in terms of power on my end but it doesn't always mean a faster car. Curious about the 5.5 W202 transplants. I still like the idea maybe a tiny bit more than the FI 4.3.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh nw I'm getting a 505hp Z06 and rape all your cars. Whats the point in that? You need to grow up
Problem is ,is that you don't own one.

Get the Z06! I'll tear you another A#$hole with my Talon! Bring it and what

ever other car you wish you had in your arsenal.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 11-06-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance

Carl, I'm glad you chimmed in. What times has your car run and what stage was it at? Did a search and couldn't find any posts about times in your C55. I've driven a CLK55 a couple times and I'm kinda on the fence of what is faster. W202 w/5.5 or W202 w/ 4.3K. I'm pretty certain the numbers prove greater in terms of power on my end but it doesn't always mean a faster car. Curious about the 5.5 W202 transplants. I still like the idea maybe a tiny bit more than the FI 4.3.
Nitro I hope to run my car at MIR on Nov 15th if I can get the tires for my 17's b4 then. Speedy Benz ran high 12's with a horrible 60' at 109 or 110mph(C43 with 5.5Lmotor) in the higher altitude track in Cali.

I love the CLK55 but I love the C43 with the 5.5L motor better because it is the ultimate 4 dr sleeper.

The only problem is that when some folks( I obviously won't name) buy them(CLK55's) and it's the fastest car they ever owned in their life, they think they can call everything out. Problem is is that this particular person has never beaten any MBworld members with his CLK55.

However ,the CLK55 has a higher value,obviously because it came stck with the 5.5L motor. A C43k is nice but you can do the same thing to the 5.5L and run 11's.
Get tires and the right setup, which you could pm me about ,and a 5.5L C43 or Clk55 will run low 12's at over 110mph. The choice is yours.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Nitro I hope to run my car at MIR on Nov 15th if I can get the tires for my 17's b4 then. Speedy Benz ran high 12's with a horrible 60' at 109 or 110mph(C43 with 5.5Lmotor) in the higher altitude track in Cali.

I love the CLK55 but I love the C43 with the 5.5L motor better because it is the ultimate 4 dr sleeper.

The only problem is that when some folks( I obviously won't name) buy them(CLK55's) and it's the fastest car they ever owned in their life, they think they can call everything out. Problem is is that this particular person has never beaten any MBworld members with his CLK55.

However ,the CLK55 has a higher value,obviously because it came stck with the 5.5L motor. A C43k is nice but you can do the same thing to the 5.5L and run 11's.
Get tires and the right setup, which you could pm me about ,and a 5.5L C43 or Clk55 will run low 12's at over 110mph. The choice is yours.
Well, I still haven't ruled out a 5.5 transplant as a few have showed up at my tech's garage from time to time. In the end I've spent as much if not a couple bucks more to go forced induction(which I still love). The biggest issue I'm wondering about now is wether to keep my maggie or convert to a vortech over the winter. Regardless of the 5.5L swap in the future I would like to always keep the car F/I. My tech thinks I should bore and sleave the the 4.3 someday to around 5.0 so the walls are thicker and thicker sleaved compared to the 5.5L. Then he wants me to run alot of boost. I don't know..LOL.

If you don't mind Carl post up the setup your going to run for DR's. I've been comparing sizes to old MB wheels all week and haven't found anything that doesn't require some grinding/whacking to fit. What do you think about 275/50/15 hoosiers? The tire height was 25.5 which is closest to my current 25.3in rolling diameter. The only problem is that I've got to go and mount/measure a old 1980's 15" MB wheel that is at the junkyard. I'm not even sure if 15's would fit. The 275/40/17's that some C32's have wedged have a taller rolling diameter and seem like they would never fit our lowered 202's. Tricky....
Old 11-07-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We already did run. To my surprise my stock Clk55 was within 1 car with his "monster C55". With all his mods I think its slow
Old 11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
I'm still preferring the supercharger

I mean performance is about equal, but if you pop the hood and the average person wouldn't even know you have the 5.4. I like keeping it simple and stock on the outside, but at some point I do want the car to impress.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
We already did run. To my surprise my stock Clk55 was within 1 car with his "monster C55". With all his mods I think its slow
Bull Sh*t ... He still beat you! And he probably got a sh*t*ier start than you. We don't know. And was that one car meaning your front bumper was even with his rear bumper, or one car in-between? (cus that's 2 cars)
I can't help but think the emoticon you should be using is ... your attempt to get respect will will continue to be
Carl deserves nothing but respect not only for what he's accomplished with his C, but all his vehicles, which is outdone by what he's done for others in many different ways. You bought a car that you mash the peddle and goes fast in a thread with guys that have done incredible amounts of work to their cars... gee, you deserve such respect.

Now if I wasn't worked-up I'd join in on the fun & say something like Carl feels compelled to put all that work into his car so he can make it faster than mine having nuth'n but engine (with the engine that he sourced for me btw). But... I'm sorry, I don't know you, and your time on your stock CLK is surprising to me, but your dis'ing my man that made it possible for me to finally achieve my desire of making my C43 a C55. Nuth'n but the highest respect for Carl.

Hey Wes. Do you have a dyno run graph available?

I use CarTest2000 that can do parameter optimization simulations based on that as a basis. When talking that curve you're putting down to the contact patch as a basis, then with the tranni gearing as a given it can calculate the optimal rear diff to get you down the 1/4 mile fastest.

Now, you can't change your rear diff very easily (very few options for us too). But you -can- change your rear OD of the tire, which can equate to a different gear ratio (yes all, I know, to a point). You may need to unplug a harness going into you ABS so the difference in rear wheel rotation speed from what's expected and programmed into the ECU doesn't put the car into limp mode for when you're on the track if you do that however.

Last edited by c55m8o; 11-09-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none

I use CarTest2000 that can do parameter optimization simulations based on that as a basis. When talking that curve you're putting down to the contact patch as a basis, then with the tranni gearing as a given it can calculate the optimal rear diff to get you down the 1/4 mile fastest.

Now, you can't change your rear diff very easily (very few options for us too). But you -can- change your rear OD of the tire, which can equate to a different gear ratio (yes all, I know, to a point). You may need to unplug a harness going into you ABS so the difference in rear wheel rotation speed from what's expected and programmed into the ECU doesn't put the car into limp mode for when you're on the track if you do that however.[/QUOTE]

I've got a link to it at the bottom of my post. It's kinda hard to read as it didn't scan all that well. That sounds very interesting and I'm curious as to what would be the most effecitve rolling diameter for 1/4. Would you have any idea what the ABS sensor range would be for acceptable rolling diameter?
Old 11-09-2008, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by c55m8o
Bull Sh*t ... He still beat you! And he probably got a sh*t*ier start than you. We don't know. And was that one car meaning your front bumper was even with his rear bumper, or one car in-between? (cus that's 2 cars)
I can't help but think the emoticon you should be using is ... your attempt to get respect will will continue to be
Carl deserves nothing but respect not only for what he's accomplished with his C, but all his vehicles, which is outdone by what he's done for others in many different ways. You bought a car that you mash the peddle and goes fast in a thread with guys that have done incredible amounts of work to their cars... gee, you deserve such respect.

Now if I wasn't worked-up I'd join in on the fun & say something like Carl feels compelled to put all that work into his car so he can make it faster than mine having nuth'n but engine (with the engine that he sourced for me btw). But... I'm sorry, I don't know you, and your time on your stock CLK is surprising to me, but your dis'ing my man that made it possible for me to finally achieve my desire of making my C43 a C55. Nuth'n but the highest respect for Carl.

Now, you can't change your rear diff very easily (very few options for us too). But you -can- change your rear OD of the tire, which can equate to a different gear ratio (yes all, I know, to a point). You may need to unplug a harness going into you ABS so the difference in rear wheel rotation speed from what's expected and programmed into the ECU doesn't put the car into limp mode for when you're on the track if you do that however.
I do respect his modded C55. But I'm just stating the facts and Carl just doesnt get it. That run my front bumper was on his rear fender. Well obviously Carl is just pissed off about what happened. He could beat me 1000 times which I dont care but the run was close BTW my Clk55 is bonestock I do have slips but cant upload because I lost the connection.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:25 PM

'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
I've got a link to it at the bottom of my post. It's kinda hard to read as it didn't scan all that well. That sounds very interesting and I'm curious as to what would be the most effecitve rolling diameter for 1/4. Would you have any idea what the ABS sensor range would be for acceptable rolling diameter?
That I don't know, but I do believe it's not a much.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
either way- my car isn't in limp mode with abs full-off

for drag strip use why not just pull the fuse or wire in a switch such as I have?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by silence
either way- my car isn't in limp mode with abs full-off

for drag strip use why not just pull the fuse or wire in a switch such as I have?
I think he is refering to keeping the ABS sensors active "while" running taller tires. With the fuse out I'm sure you could run mud boggers and it wouldn't know. With the ABS system in check I noticed that a 255/40/17 was too much when I had them. No limp mode but I noticed that the cruise control didn't work. 245/40/17's back on and it was fine. My current 265/35/18's don't allow the cruise to work either I don't think it is enough to trigger limp mode but the threashold of diameter/limp mode is probalby within an inch. Cory at kleemann explained this to me now that I remember our discussion about rear gears which is the same thing. Everything ECU/TCU upstream will crap out without being specifcally programed. So I'm thinking you could maybe mess with rear gears...but one couldn't have ABS active as a trick to the system. Might work, but defenilty not safe. Whatever diamter I can find effective I'm going to try and keep it withing the ABS range so I can have brakes that are smarter than I.

C55m80..?...anything usefull with that dyno graph? I've got a website link with a slightly larger and more clear graph.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by c55m8o
That I don't know, but I do believe it's not a much.
Steve let me tell you!

Well first of all bro long time no hear from!

Jon finally purchased a real machine. A 2001 CLK55. From the day he bought it ,he's been calling out the whole world. Who do you think the first person was?

Yep ,yours truly, and he got handed his ***. The only mod I have on my car is the exh and air intake,nothing else. The car does not have the cams anymore but with my exh my car will pull his ***. I ran his car without the cams in. If I put the cams back in, the run would be ended b4 it got started.
He will not go faster than 120 mph and willl not start lower than 40mph.Over 120mph my car will really start pulling away from him more.
Bottom line is,everyone of my cars has or will bruise his frail ego.
I dare him to run your car!

His 350Z was not even a contest vs my C43. I remember the day he came up to me stating he wanted to run my C43 vs that slow *** Nissan he owned. And to make it worse it was an automatic which just added insult to injury.

I offer to run his C36 vs my M3 but notice he dares not to say a word.

Why?

Guess he does not know that your car feels even faster than mines. Would love to see him get pulled on by my twin!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 11-10-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Steve let me tell you!

Well first of all bro long time no hear from!

Jon finally purchased a real machine. A 2001 CLK55. From the day he bought it ,he's been calling out the whole world. Who do you think the first person was?

Yep ,yours truly, and he got handed his ***. The only mod I have on my car is the exh and air intake,nothing else. The car does not have the cams anymore but with my exh my car will pull his ***. I ran his car without the cams in. If I put the cams back in, the run would be ended b4 it got started.
He will not go faster than 120 mph and willl not start lower than 40mph.Over 120mph my car will really start pulling away from him more.
Bottom line is,everyone of my cars has or will bruise his frail ego.
I dare him to run your car!

His 350Z was not even a contest vs my C43. I remember the day he came up to me stating he wanted to run my C43 vs that slow *** Nissan he owned. And to make it worse it was an automatic which just added insult to injury.

I offer to run his C36 vs my M3 but notice he dares not to say a word.

Why?

Guess he does not know that your car feels even faster than mines. Would love to see him get pulled on by my twin!
First of all when I had the 350z which ran 13.8@101mph auto(only exhaust) which I don't think was slow. I had no idea your C43 had the 55 motor. I did respect your car. Now the Clk55 which is close with your modded C55,your not too happy about that. Whats the big deal? I guess the mods were not what you expected it to be. Oh yes I do surprise other modded cars out there with 400hp+ crank hp
Old 11-10-2008, 10:43 PM

C55m80..?...anything useful with that dyno graph? I've got a website link with a slightly larger and more clear graph.
No, that's too in-exact & hard to work with that small. If you can, please PM me the link to a larger version and I'll see what I can do with it. Also as you've experimented with different sizes, what was the tire size you had on when you did that run.

Carl... big LOL.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
with the tire size situation- isn't the goal to have the top of your 1:1 gear be right after the 1/4 assuming you have good traction to get moving? however, won't the tallest tire possible provide the best traction off the line (and probably be fastest regardless of the end gearing situation)

I bet there would be bigger gains to be had by going to stock C280 springs... but i would personally prefer to have my car look cool and hook up "ok". Running those springs though would give you more height, weight transfer better and allow some taller rear tires
Old 11-11-2008, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First of all when I had the 350z which ran 13.8@101mph auto(only exhaust) which I don't think was slow. I had no idea your C43 had the 55 motor. I did respect your car. Now the Clk55 which is close with your modded C55,your not too happy about that. Whats the big deal? I guess the mods were not what you expected it to be. Oh yes I do surprise other modded cars out there with 400hp+ crank hp
Jon,what is there to be unhappy about? My mods work perfectly on my car. If you think you were only one car behind that's your opinion.

Fact is is that my car is a C43 that was built with a 5.5L motor while your car comes stck with a 5.5l motor and you got BEAT! 1 car 2 cars 3 cars whatever.
The annoying part about you is that you talk too much!

The other annoying thing is that when we ran you would always stop and go and stop and go. The moment my car starts pulling away from you,you would stop. THAT was the annoying look you saw on my face.

Now if I want I could build this car to completely annhilate your car in short order because I'm willing to spend the $$$. Or I could build my E36 M3 to embarass your CLK55. Maybe this time you'll go out and by a car like an E55 kompressor if you wanna call folks out. but you ain't beatin an German car I own with your present arsenal.
You call it,I'll do it!
Remember my car only has a 5.5L motor and an exhaust system which consistantly on every run had my car ahead of yours.
END OF STORY!!!!
You wanna run again WE CAN!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jon,what is there to be unhappy about? My mods work perfectly on my car. If you think you were only one car behind that's your opinion.

Fact is is that my car is a C43 that was built with a 5.5L motor while your car comes stck with a 5.5l motor and you got BEAT! 1 car 2 cars 3 cars whatever.

The other annoying thing is that when we ran you would always stop and go and stop and go. The moment my car starts pulling away from you,you would stop. THAT was the annoying look you saw on my face.

Now if I want I could build this car to completely annhilate your car in short order because I'm willing to spend the $$$. Or I could build my E36 M3 to embarass your CLK55. Maybe this time you'll go out and by a car like an E55 kompressor if you wanna call folks out. but you ain't beatin an German car I own with your present arsenal.
You call it,I'll do it!
Remember my car only has a 5.5L motor and an exhaust system which consistantly on every run had my car ahead of yours.
END OF STORY!!!!
Oh your full of ****! You have alot more then just exhaust. Got info from not mentioning any names. I remember your 13.3@102mph which you just had the motor swap Not keeping up with my 108+trap. That 40-120 roll I was on your fender Again you just cant face the facts! Ok you want to run again? Tell me the date and I will not show up. Because your full of it
Old 11-11-2008, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You call it,I'll do it!
END OF STORY!!!!
Oh I forgot to mention the governer you removed via CPU. Which means you got a tune. You are your worst enemy Just exhaust
Old 11-11-2008, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh I forgot to mention the governer you removed via CPU. Which means you got a tune. You are your worst enemy Just exhaust
The tune I have ding bat was to have the C43 ECU think it is a W210 E55. The car still has the original ECU in it but it is programmed with a E55 file.The governor was also removed. Anything else you need to know.

The 13.3 run at 102mph was done in 2k5 with a totally different exh made by BMS. I had no headers on the car at the time of that run.
The exh was a piece of junk which did not fit right and leaked all over the place. The car also had an engine chk light until I had the exh done all over again. The car was not running optimal and i still posted a low 13 sec run.
Since the exhaust has been done,it's a completely different animal. The system had been totally upgraded if you care to go back in my threads and see when.

Now your car went from one car behind to a fender? You r a retard Jon!

Now you don't actually think your car is faster because I ran that lower mph 3 yrs ago with problems plaging my car do you!

We can find out and do it for Money,then I'll rape your C36 after with my M3.

As a matter of fact we can race for ownership of your girly red c36. My wife needs a car .

Last edited by ProjectC55; 11-11-2008 at 02:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NE Dragway results, 110.67mph 1/4..the rest is bad