C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

DO NOT BUY FROM AMG PERFORMANCE!!!! WARNING !!!! BEWARE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 W210 E300 Turbodiesel
Thumbs down DO NOT BUY FROM AMS PERFORMANCE!!!! WARNING !!!! BEWARE!!!!!

DO NOT BUY FROM AMS PERFORMANCE!!!! WARNING !!!! BEWARE!!!!!
AMS Performance is SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just bought this pully for $399.99
and see wut i got guys.....
it's been used and it's just like OEM
DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!
IT"S WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHECK OUT THIS PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails DO NOT BUY FROM AMG PERFORMANCE!!!! WARNING !!!! BEWARE!!!!!-dscf1575.jpg   DO NOT BUY FROM AMG PERFORMANCE!!!! WARNING !!!! BEWARE!!!!!-dscf1576.jpg   DO NOT BUY FROM AMG PERFORMANCE!!!! WARNING !!!! BEWARE!!!!!-dscf1578.jpg   DO NOT BUY FROM AMG PERFORMANCE!!!! WARNING !!!! BEWARE!!!!!-dscf1577.jpg   DO NOT BUY FROM AMG PERFORMANCE!!!! WARNING !!!! BEWARE!!!!!-dscf1579.jpg  

Last edited by kinghais; 09-02-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:53 PM

CLK but loves my Fords
Fix the title, ams or amg?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
That's truly unfortunate, but I must say I am not surprised. I don't think I've read too many good things about them on here, definitely more bad/scary things that positive.

I hope you can at least get your $$$ back!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
have you contacted AMS (omey) yet?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:46 PM

2005 E55
That's ridiculous. I almost don't believe it.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:51 PM

now AMS telling me that the new one will $600....
wuta wase of money .....
trust me guys it doesnt worth!
paypal will take care of this for me.

Last edited by kinghais; 09-02-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 PM

that's wut i got , i paid on sunday and i got it today
Originally Posted by 02C32guy
That's ridiculous. I almost don't believe it.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
so you purchased a used pulley for 400 and new pulleys are 600?

it does say that 600 (or 550) is the cost of the pulleys on the AMS website by the way.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:30 PM

AMS emailed me that it's new version and it's cheaper and now saying that new one is $600
Originally Posted by jturkel
so you purchased a used pulley for 400 and new pulleys are 600?

it does say that 600 (or 550) is the cost of the pulleys on the AMS website by the way.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by kinghais
AMS emailed me that it's new version and it's cheaper and now saying that new one is $600
hmmm weird......GL with whatever you're trying to do.

and you did contact AMS and told them that it was a used pulley that you got? did you know it was a used one when you bought it? where did you buy it from?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
That's a shame - glad to hear you can dispute via Paypal. I've heard my fair share of AMS horror stories as well... to be fair, most MB performance product vendors seem to get a "black eye" every once in awhile, unless you're exclusively dealing with the Renntech's, Kleemann's, and Brabus's of the world.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
You think they would throw some simple green on that turd they sent you. Don't know what they were thinking sending something out like that even if it was sold as used.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:59 PM

C63AMG
went to the ams site, couldn't find any mb parts.........
Old 09-02-2009, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by lomita
went to the ams site, couldn't find any mb parts.........
http://www.abedinmotorsports.com/
Old 09-02-2009, 11:49 PM

C63AMG
Talking WTF Murphy

Originally Posted by jturkel

hey, wot u do man? try an show me up???

punched in google search and got AMS PERFORMANCE

http://www.amsperformance.com/

no wonder no mb parts................lol
Old 09-03-2009, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by lomita
hey, wot u do man? try an show me up???

punched in google search and got AMS PERFORMANCE

http://www.amsperformance.com/

no wonder no mb parts................lol
lol.....i knew you did that.....only b/c thats what i've done yrs past.....there are multiple AMS Performance shops. i just know which one he was referring to i guess
Old 09-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
King,

We emailed you and contacted you regarding this already. Before you start spreading misinformation and rumors here are the facts.

The pulley is not $399, it is $299 + $80 core + $20 shipping. This new pulley is a part of our more cost effective OEM+ line up for older model Mercedes which such as the M119 & M104s which have TDC sensors on the harmonic damper. We provide machining services to those who want to improve the performance of their C36 but don't want to spent $600. Most M104 customers simply cannot afford products in that price range so a much more cost effective solution. Our OEM+ line, reduces the mass of the stock dampers by 40-50% (depending on application) and improves the center of mass of the stock dampers all the while retaining any necessary TDC sensors & etc required on older models. You will still see excellent gain with our OEM+ model lineup for nearly half the price of other models. You get all the benefits of mass reduction without any of the expensive materials cost, you simply pay for the machining of the OEM unit and send in the core unit.

ALL THIS WAS explained in full detail before you purchased the item (please do not pretend it wasn't). Why else would we have charged a core charge and ask the pulley in return if it wasn't an OEM based design. By definition a core charge implies the stock unit much be returned, therefore the stock unit is the piece being machined & altered in one way. This is exactly the same case with Big Bore throttle bodies, they aren't machined from a new piece, they OEM unit is modified and then sent out. This is very obvious and I thought the core charge made that 100% obvious. In fact I am absolutely shocked you are getting so worked up regarding this, this is the first time this has ever happened with our OEM+ models. Clearly it wasn't a billet aluminum pulley since those are nearly twice the price.

Further more, we have already offered you 100% refund long before you ever made a post, so you clearly are NOT going about this the right way. Many of our customers have done the service and been very happy with the results.

It is encouraged for you to first try the product to see how you like it, we have a money back guarantee on it so you have nothing to lose. Once you remove the stock one and see just how much mass reduction there is and how different they are all will become obvious.

In addition, before I could even respond to your first PM, you sent a 2nd one and filed a paypal claim all within 1 HOUR, long before a 1st simple response could even be made. You approached this in the entirely WRONG manner. Paypal blocked your chargeback before the first PM was ever even read. Spreading lies & myths in such a inappropriate manner is not only unethical, its immoral.

AMS stands behind its products and its services, if you aren't 100% happy we have no problems issuing a refund, we have the best customer service in the industry and we pride ourselves on that. But to blame us for an obvious misunderstanding on your part is uncalled for. Feel free to send it back if you like, no problem here, but attacking us and spread lies as if we have somehow wronged you is 100% uncalled for. Please act in an appropriate respectful manner and things will be handled promptly.

Now the ball is in your court now that everyone knows the truth of the matter. Clearly you have acted in error and the forum now knows it. AMS is happy to assist you in whatever decision you make, spreading false information however is not to be tolerated. Feel free to contact us on how you would like to proceed.

Thanks,
~AMS~
Old 09-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Hello King,

As further proof, here is a picture of the stock pulley, as you can see the outer mass ring has been machined away and improve the inertia and mass reduction of the pulley significantly. I think you need to take a deep breathe and not have a meltdown, this is nothing to freak out about. Ranting on in broken English is not going to help anyone or do anyone any good. All is well and you will be taken care of regardless of your decision. Picture attached.

Thanks,
~AMS~
Attached Thumbnails DO NOT BUY FROM AMG PERFORMANCE!!!! WARNING !!!! BEWARE!!!!!-late-m104-stock-pulley.jpg  
Old 09-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Hello Everyone,

I have taken the time to breakdown the entire time frame to illustrate to EVERYONE reading the REAL truth of the situation on how everything was handled.
  • 4:25 pm - 1st PM
  • 4:35 pm - 2nd PM (still upset)
  • 4:41 pm - Paypal dispute filed
  • 4:44 pm - Paypal dispute upgraded to "claim"
  • 4:55 pm - paypal dispute closed by paypal
  • 5:24 pm - First opportunity for our response

King, in all fairness... do you honestly think its fair to only give a vendor 19 minutes to respond to you before going through such actions. You didn't even give us the opportunity to respond to your 1st PM before you escalated things as if it was WW3. You clearly did NOT handle this properly and you have not been wronged in any way shape or form. AMS would like a formal apology once this is all cleared as this was clearly uncalled for on your part.

Customer service is paramount at AMS and we go the extra lengths to satisfy our customers (more so than most tuners). If you want positive results simply wait an hour or two for our response and things will go over much more smoothly. It appears your intention with this thread was to make AMS look bad, but in reality the only person that ended up look bad ended was yourself. We are trying to be as respectful as possible in this scenario, however you are not giving us much to work with. With that said, we are here to assist you, simple tell us how you would like to proceed and we are more than willing to work with you. Thank you for your understanding & cooperation.

Thanks,
~AMS~
Old 09-03-2009, 02:01 AM

now u writing all that , when i emailed u ,u never respond me....
u told me if i return it i will waste my money shipping and etc.(i believe that's ur fees u gonna take off my money) .....
Don't lie to people like this man, COME ON!!! , why can't u be honest about this....
i paid $400 for this crab! put urself in my shoe i just wanted New Performance Pully and that's all like u told me . . . .
Old 09-03-2009, 02:03 AM

i c how ur Customer service is , u were online when i send u emails, and u didn't respond ... i was very disappointed! ! !

Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Hello Everyone,

I have taken the time to breakdown the entire time frame to illustrate to EVERYONE reading the REAL truth of the situation on how everything was handled.
  • 4:25 pm - 1st PM
  • 4:35 pm - 2nd PM (still upset)
  • 4:41 pm - Paypal dispute filed
  • 4:44 pm - Paypal dispute upgraded to "claim"
  • 4:55 pm - paypal dispute closed by paypal
  • 5:24 pm - First opportunity for our response

King, in all fairness... do you honestly think its fair to only give a vendor 19 minutes to respond to you before going through such actions. You didn't even give us the opportunity to respond to your 1st PM before you escalated things as if it was WW3. You clearly did NOT handle this properly and you have not been wronged in any way shape or form. AMS would like a formal apology once this is all cleared as this was clearly uncalled for on your part.

Customer service is paramount at AMS and we go the extra lengths to satisfy our customers (more so than most tuners). If you want positive results simply wait an hour or two for our response and things will go over much more smoothly. It appears your intention with this thread was to make AMS look bad, but in reality the only person that ended up look bad ended was yourself. We are trying to be as respectful as possible in this scenario, however you are not giving us much to work with. With that said, we are here to assist you, simple tell us how you would like to proceed and we are more than willing to work with you. Thank you for your understanding & cooperation.

Thanks,
~AMS~
Old 09-03-2009, 02:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
now u writing all that , when i emailed u ,u never respond me....
u told me if i return it i will waste my money shipping and etc.(i believe that's ur fees u gonna take off my money) .....
Don't lie to people like this man, COME ON!!! , why can't u be honest about this....
i paid $400 for this crab! put urself in my shoe i just wanted New Performance Pully and that's all like u told me . . . .

You did NOT pay $400 so there's no need to repeat that. The $20 was for shipping, and the $80 is still yours should you chose to return the core charge. The net cost is $299 ($319 total out of pocket if you include the shipping). All this was clearly explained to you long before hand. In no way shape or form did we ever misrepresent this. Its basic modding 101 that when a core charged is asked for it implies the OEM unit is needed in return, meaning the it will be an OEM based product (much like big bore throttle bodies or differentials, this is no different). This is NOT one of our new billet performance pulleys, those are of course all 100% brand new, we do not sell any used billet pulleys period (returns are discarded). In no way shape or form have we been dishonest in any way, this was all clearly explained in various threads.

Yes, a PM was sent to you over a year ago regarding our other billet design, but this is not that design (obviously at $299 it can't be). To expect to get a $600 billet pulley for $299 is unrealistic at best. In addition, even a post was made in the this C36 section in june regarding the OEM+ design @ the $299 price. Furthermore, this technically isn't a product, its a service. AMS provides mass reduction services on various older MB dampers, which allows consumers to save by not having to pay for higher materials & machining costs (it would be prohibitively expensive to do billet pulleys on older Mercedes). Not everyone wants to spend 10-20% of their old cars value on a performance mod, therefore the OEM+ model line was introduced for those seeking a bargain performance upgrade (we try to cater to all socioeconomic categories as best we can). AMS simply provides the machined damper upfront so there is no down time for the customer during the installation period, which allows them to send the core back at their convenience.

~AMS~

Last edited by AMS Performance; 09-03-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
i c how ur Customer service is , u were online when i send u emails, and u didn't respond ... i was very disappointed! ! !

Hello King,

Your PM was not received until 5:24 PM. Giving a company 19 minutes to respond (less actually, 16 minutes if you count until the dispute was issued) is ridiculous no matter how you try to spin it, you clearly did not react in the appropriate matter. I am in absolute shock, not one customer has ever reacted the way you have so this is certainly a first. If you are going to falsely try to make us look bad (through libel/slander) its simply not going to work, our customer service is simply too good for that to happen. Clearly AMS followed the appropriate procedure, there simply was no ample time given to even act, before the 1st PM was even read, paypal had already closed the dispute (in fact that's where it was first noticed, then I backtracked to the forums to see what the issue was). If you are disappointed then simply send the pulley back, you will have to forfeit the $20 shipping since that's non refundable (and pay for return shipping). Finally, the rest will be refunded no problem once a formal apology has been made in this regard. The pulley will give you excellent performance gains for the price. In fact you will probably end up liking it more than you realize, but if you want a refund simply let us know. Feel free to let us know how you would like proceed, we have no qualms either way.

Thanks,
~AMS~

Last edited by AMS Performance; 09-03-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
wow... Let's step back a little bit here. Regardless of whether or not he knew he was getting a used pulley that had been machined etc., what in the world kind of company sells something that looks like that?

I guess I'd have expected a product that "looked" new and freshly machined etc. etc.

maybe if you didn't have a horrible reputation etc. he wouldn't have been so quick to pull the paypal claim etc.

-Drew
Old 09-03-2009, 03:18 AM

i have emailed u before and u always responded in less then a min but today u didn't respond for at least an hour.....
sorry but you are Wrong....
now people see that ur items are garbage not worth money u asking for , Now u can't cheat other people out of their money... and This is The TRUTH
BTW your AMS performance parts are used and FAKE!
Paypal will take care of this , I am a PowerSeller
I DO NO WANT TO ARGUE ABOUT THIS NO MORE!!!!

Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Hello King,

Your PM was not received until 5:24 PM. Giving a company 19 minutes to respond (less actually, 16 minutes if you count until the dispute was issued) is ridiculous no matter how you try to spin it, you clearly did not react in the appropriate matter. I am in absolute shock, not one customer has ever reacted the way you have so this is certainly a first. If you are going to falsely try to make us look bad (through libel/slander) its simply not going to work, our customer service is simply too good for that to happen. Clearly AMS followed the appropriate procedure, there simply was no ample time given to even act, before the 1st PM was even read, paypal had already closed the dispute (in fact that's where it was first noticed, then I backtracked to the forums to see what the issue was). If you are disappointed then simply send the pulley back, you will have to forfeit the $20 shipping since that's non refundable (and pay for return shipping). Finally, the rest will be refunded no problem once a formal apology has been made in this regard. The pulley will give you excellent performance gains for the price. In fact you will probably end up liking it more than you realize, but if you want a refund simply let us know. Feel free to let us know how you would like proceed, we have no qualms either way.

Thanks,
~AMS~

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DO NOT BUY FROM AMG PERFORMANCE!!!! WARNING !!!! BEWARE!!!!!