C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

DO NOT BUY FROM AMG PERFORMANCE!!!! WARNING !!!! BEWARE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 03:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
hehehe, This is definitely a first. Just to be clear, because a response wasn't made in 1 minute (when nobody was at the computer), that justifies everything you have done? You do realize how unrealistic of an expectation this is correct? I am beginning to see why you have backed out of purchases numerous times in the past few years, I thought you might be a problematic customer, but I decided to give you a chance since you were so adamant about buying it.

Simply send the pulley back and you will be issued your refund no problem. Its not even worth it to argue any further, you are clearly not in the right state of mind to be making any objective statements at the current time. No one was cheated out of any money (you are getting refund), and this isn't a product, its a service, so to say our "products are junk & fake" nothing is junk and nothing is fake. Its a machining service (one many have participated in and been extremely happy with).

Furthermore, Paypal has already taken their action so you cannot reopen a dispute or claim, so any empty threats aren't going to help your situation. Even so, we are still going to issue you your refund as promised (whereas most tuners right now probably wouldn't nearly as helpful in this regard after your behavior in this regard, yet another testament to our customer service). Your refund will be issued as soon as the pulley is returned and once you have made a formal apology. Your refund payment is all ready to go. Thanks and have a nice day.

~AMS~

Last edited by AMS Performance; 09-03-2009 at 03:42 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Originally Posted by silence
wow... Let's step back a little bit here. Regardless of whether or not he knew he was getting a used pulley that had been machined etc., what in the world kind of company sells something that looks like that?

I guess I'd have expected a product that "looked" new and freshly machined etc. etc.

-Drew
Hello Drew,

The pulley was machined & cleaned with engine degreaser, what is left over is simply been embedded over time. Its an OEM pulley that AMS provides a service for, only certain parts of the pulley are machined for mass reduction, the rest is as it was, merely cleaned as best possible. Its not an AMS "product", we merely provide the machining services for older dampers (same is true with our M119 harmonic dampers). Thank you for your input and your refreshingly civilized response in this regard, it is much appreciated.

~AMS~
Old 09-03-2009, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 W210 E300 Turbodiesel
u need to apologize to me for selling an item that was suppose to be new but was USED! and tampered with ....
BTW I disputed the case to Paypal.
u paid only $16.50 to ship this item but u charged me $20....
if u got good customer service you should pay me for shipping it back

Originally Posted by AMS Performance
hehehe, This is definitely a first.

Simply send the pulley back and you will be issued your refund no problem. Its not even worth it to argue any further, you are clearly not in the right state of mind to be making any objective statements. No one was cheated out of any money (you are getting refund). Furthermore, Paypal has already taken their action so any empty threats aren't going to do you any good. Even so, we are still going to issue you your refund as promised (whereas most tuners right now probably wouldn't nearly as helpful in this regard, yet another testament to our customer service). Your refund will be issued as soon as the pulley is returned and once you have made a formal apology. Your refund payment is all ready to go. Thanks and have a nice day.

~AMS~
Old 09-03-2009, 03:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Originally Posted by kinghais
u need to apologize to me for selling an item that was suppose to be new but was USED! and tampered with ....
BTW I disputed the case to Paypal.
u paid only $16.50 to ship this item but u charged me $20....
if u got good customer service you should pay me for shipping it back

Hello King,

The OEM+ harmonic dampers were never advertised to be "new", they are OEM pulleys remachined therefore it is impossible for them to be "new" (this is self explanatory). Also, it hasn't been "tampered" with it has been machined for performance improvement, just like a Big Bore throttle body has been machined to increase airflow, it's not "tampering" its modifying. Technically, almost all big bore throttle bodies are "used" because they use stock cores. Most of this is Modding 101 so I am surprised it needs to be mentioned. There are plenty of others interested in the pulley so simply send it back and your refund will be processed.

All pulleys are charged a standard rate of $20 for anywhere in continental US, sometimes its even over $20 but we just charge the flat $20 rate so over time it averages out.

Thanks,
~AMS~

Last edited by AMS Performance; 09-03-2009 at 03:58 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Hello King,

Ok, all the info has been sent, the ball is now in your court. We have more than accommodating in this situation and now there are no more excuses. It almost appears as if you never had the intention of installing it and simply wanted to defame AMS. Now that the refund is being offered it appears you don't want it so it is hard to gauge your intentions based on your actions. Everything possible has been done from our end and we have gone to greater lengths than any other tuner would. Simply follow the instructions and the refund will be issued. Thanks

~AMS~
Old 09-03-2009, 04:24 AM

1999 W210 E300 Turbodiesel
get the **** out of here man everyone knows the truth now man just get the **** over it and give me all my god damn money back
you emailed me to ship the item back and your not going to pay for the shipping money and your not going to give me a complete refund but that's not how it works but not to worry paypal will get all my money back and you can take your piece of **** part back and try to sell it to some other sucker because you aint fooling me
Old 09-03-2009, 04:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Hello King,

I had a feeling this would happen, now that the refund is offered you are not shipping it back? I'm beginning to think you never had any intentions of returning it at all and this appears so. It almost seems as if you want to keep the pulley, and get your money back (which is essentially stealing).

Using fowl profanity when our full cooperation has been given clearly illustrates we aren't in the wrong in this regard. As with ANY refund for any company, you must first RETURN the product and THEN the refund is issued. (Ex. You cannot go to best buy and ask for a refund for an LCD TV without bringing the TV itself back, no company conducts business this way). Furthermore, anytime a refund is given its on the product itself, the shipping payment has already been paid and isn't refundable and is subtracted.

It has been proven tonight (and this morning) that everything possible has been done on our end and now people reading this can be the judge. You are being given the full refund of the part & core charge in return, what more can you ask for? It doesn't seem wise that because you won't ship it back (which the slowest/cheapest first class method is probably less than $10) you are willing to forfeit $380 refund? King, you are becoming more and more unreasonable by the minute.

If you had behaved in a civilized manner and gone through the appropriate channels and waiting longer than 16 minutes before you exploded for no reason, you have could saved embarassing yourself like this for no reason. None of this was necessary tonight at all, it could have all been avoided with merely a little bit of patience. I would have even gone above and beyond and paid for your return shipping as well (which I wouldn't have to, but I would have anyways). However, after the unnecessary terrible behavior you have illustrated thus far tonight you aren't exactly conducting yourself in an appropriate manner. Your refund is waiting and there are no more excuses. The only thing you have to do is send it back and your refund will be processed (this is beginning to sound like a broken record x10 ).

Hope that helps,
~AMS~

Last edited by AMS Performance; 09-03-2009 at 04:45 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by kinghais
get the **** out of here man everyone knows the truth now man just get the **** over it and give me all my god damn money back
you emailed me to ship the item back and your not going to pay for the shipping money and your not going to give me a complete refund but that's not how it works but not to worry paypal will get all my money back and you can take your piece of **** part back and try to sell it to some other sucker because you aint fooling me
dude......i hate to get you on this, but you're got some major issues

First off, CHILL OUT

Second, CHILL OUT

Third times the charm, so, CHILL OUT

ok good.

the first thing i posted in this thread was asking if you had spoken with or contacted AMS about this.....and then i find out you give only ONE hour for him AMS to respond and then file a suit with paypal? Within one hour? Seriously guy? That is absolutely unreasonable. I send PMs to guys and frequently get responses days later. I would say that AMS gave you a pretty quick response compared to most on here.

And with the whole "it says you were on your computer but you weren't responding"............everyone and their mother knows that mbworld.org isnt the most accurate website about that stuff. i see guys' statuses all the time saying they are private messaging or checking out the user control panel, but they've been offline for hours or are simply away from their computer. *****, i leave mbworld on all the time. ever think about that?

Next, about the pulley.....well, you must seriously be an idiot if you can't understand this. you claim that it is "tampered with", that it is "used,"..............which is correct! thats the whole fricking idea........do you understand what a core charge is?

what AMS does, to save people like YOU money, is they take the OEM Crank Pulley.....like the one that is already on your car when you buy it.......and at that time it is used. They machine it down and modify it to make it lighter weight. aka.....your "TAMPERING" with it..........thats how you get it lighter......what do you think, it magically gets lighter? metallic molecules just evaporate evenly into thin air, and walllahhh, less rotating mass on your crank?

The Core Charge is the price of the core (crank pulley) as they ask for yours in return as this is how they make them to save you money. If you don't supply them with the core, they ask for a small fee to cover the price of getting you a used crank pulley to save you money. THAT way, you dont have to speed 600 dollars on a really nice one made of different material......

anytime there is a core charge involved, whether its with crank pulleys or throttle bodies, and even for my car, the intercooler y-pipe, it is implied that the item is used and modified (again, for some stupid reason, you used the word "tampered" with ). this is done to save you money.

AMS has clearly explained the situation and you have been absolutely unreasonable. Despite your incessant degradation of their products without the produce even being installed and no apparent knowledge about cars or car parts for that matter, AMS has STILL maintained they will give you your refund.

Was the crank pulley a bit "dirty" ? sure......is your car's engine bay dirty? yes. are your pulleys full of oil and dirty? yes......are your pulleys on your car used.....hopefully you can answer that one yourself..........its a used pulley. its not going to be sparkling and shining. its going to have some dirt on it.

So grow up and stop acting so immature. You're in the wrong and accept it......and to be honest, and i'm geting PM's left and right about this, you sound like a child.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
Well this certainly was an interesting read.

Somebody here is really making the other person look like a complete idiot - I won't mention the details.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
I see a...............followed with a possible probation.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
I would hate to be a vendor here. I would also check my spelling and sentence structure before trying to make a point like this.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
yikes definitely looks like he wants something for free. Five years of customer service will give you that 6th sense. ***** and cry till you get what you want so the customer doesn't make a scene.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
That's a shame - glad to hear you can dispute via Paypal. I've heard my fair share of AMS horror stories as well... to be fair, most MB performance product vendors seem to get a "black eye" every once in awhile, unless you're exclusively dealing with the Renntech's, Kleemann's, and Brabus's of the world.

'

Don't even go there with them??? They have their share of non-fans too.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
[ The only thing you have to do is send it back and your refund will be processed (this is beginning to sound like a broken record x10 ).

Hope that helps,
~AMS
~

That's a good thing if its Stevie Nicks .

NOTE: The Header on the Forum Reads: Do NOT buy from AMG Performance" Does this mean I have to give up BOTH of my AMGs ???

Last edited by Newzchspy; 09-03-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:55 AM

1999 Mercedes C230, 1997 Lexus SC300 Twin Turbo
No offense King, but I'm going to have to agree with AMS about one thing- Your posts are irrational, immature, and rushed. That takes away from any point you're trying to make. Using foul language and text message shorthand makes other readers question your maturity, which is the last thing you want to do when you're openly attacking a company on a public message board.

Hope everybody gets this sorted out, and learns a lesson from this.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:12 PM

I hate to open my mouth, but I too was a customer of AMS. The pulley diddnt end up working out for me but AMS was more than happy to send me a new pulley. And I ended up wanting to return it and got a full refund. All in all AMS seems to have great customer service and I never had a problem at all.
The OP just seems very irrational and just trying to use a bad situation to get something for free. Is the $7.50 it costs for a USPS flat rate box really worth all this cursing and badmouthing?
Old 09-03-2009, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by lomita
hey, wot u do man? try an show me up???

punched in google search and got AMS PERFORMANCE

http://www.amsperformance.com/

no wonder no mb parts................lol
Old 09-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Banned

SL600
Another day, another vendor...
Old 09-03-2009, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Don't even go there with them??? They have their share of non-fans too.
Their "non-fans" exist, to be sure - but usually based on pricing matters... not this sort of stuff.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
King,
those who want to improve the performance of their C36 but don't want to spent $600. Most M104 customers simply cannot afford products in that price range
we have the best customer service in the industry and we pride ourselves on that. But to blame us for an obvious misunderstanding on your part is uncalled for.

Now the ball is in your court now that everyone knows the truth of the matter. Clearly you have acted in error and the forum now knows it. AMS is happy to assist you in whatever decision you make, spreading false information however is not to be tolerated.
I think you need to take a deep breathe and not have a meltdown, this is nothing to freak out about. Ranting on in broken English is not going to help anyone or do anyone any good.
You didn't even give us the opportunity to respond to your 1st PM before you escalated things as if it was WW3. You clearly did NOT handle this properly and you have not been wronged in any way shape or form. AMS would like a formal apology once this is all cleared as this was clearly uncalled for on your part.

Customer service is paramount at AMS and we go the extra lengths to satisfy our customers (more so than most tuners). If you want positive results simply wait an hour or two for our response and things will go over much more smoothly. It appears your intention with this thread was to make AMS look bad, but in reality the only person that ended up look bad ended was yourself. We are trying to be as respectful as possible in this scenario, however you are not giving us much to work with.
You did NOT pay $400 so there's no need to repeat that.

Yes, a PM was sent to you over a year ago regarding our other billet design, but this is not that design (obviously at $299 it can't be). To expect to get a $600 billet pulley for $299 is unrealistic at best. In addition, even a post was made in the this C36 section in june regarding the OEM+ design @ the $299 price. Furthermore, this technically isn't a product, its a service.

~AMS~
If you are disappointed then simply send the pulley back, you will have to forfeit the $20 shipping since that's non refundable (and pay for return shipping). Finally, the rest will be refunded no problem once a formal apology has been made in this regard. The pulley will give you excellent performance gains for the price. In fact you will probably end up liking it more than you realize, but if you want a refund simply let us know.
hehehe, This is definitely a first. I am beginning to see why you have backed out of purchases numerous times in the past few years, I thought you might be a problematic customer, but I decided to give you a chance since you were so adamant about buying it.

Simply send the pulley back and you will be issued your refund no problem. Its not even worth it to argue any further, you are clearly not in the right state of mind to be making any objective statements at the current time.

Furthermore, Paypal has already taken their action so you cannot reopen a dispute or claim, so any empty threats aren't going to help your situation. Even so, we are still going to issue you your refund as promised (whereas most tuners right now probably wouldn't nearly as helpful in this regard after your behavior in this regard, yet another testament to our customer service). Your refund will be issued as soon as the pulley is returned and once you have made a formal apology.
It almost seems as if you want to keep the pulley, and get your money back (which is essentially stealing).

Using fowl profanity when our full cooperation has been given clearly illustrates we aren't in the wrong in this regard. Furthermore, anytime a refund is given its on the product itself, the shipping payment has already been paid and isn't refundable and is subtracted.

It has been proven tonight (and this morning) that everything possible has been done on our end and now people reading this can be the judge.

If you had behaved in a civilized manner and gone through the appropriate channels and waiting longer than 16 minutes before you exploded for no reason, you have could saved embarassing yourself like this for no reason. None of this was necessary tonight at all, it could have all been avoided with merely a little bit of patience. I would have even gone above and beyond and paid for your return shipping as well (which I wouldn't have to, but I would have anyways). However, after the unnecessary terrible behavior you have illustrated thus far tonight you aren't exactly conducting yourself in an appropriate manner. Your refund is waiting and there are no more excuses.
While I feel for Abedin Motorsports in this situation, I'd also offer the following observation – true professionalism seems to be a dying breed. No matter how unreasonable your client behaves, making comments on a public forum like some of what's been said just isn't a smart business tactic. Even if 95% of what you say is professionally constructed, the other 5% like comments above (in bold) might sway a potential customer into giving your firm a wide berth.

Personally, I'd either not comment at all (publicly), or make one comment - “Mr. Doe, I sincerely regret your dissatisfaction with our product; please return the product and you will be immediately, fully refunded – I will email you a shipping label and instructions for the return.” Anything else and you risk being embroiled in an argument and hurting yourself and your business in the process. I'm not singling out AMS here, Andy from MHP has this problem, LET's had instances in the past, and I've seen it more recently from Vadim of FD as well. It's truly baffling at times.

BTW - it "technically" is a product that you're selling in this instance, core exhange or not. If someone brought you their own pulley, you machined it for them, and gave it back, that would be a "service."
Old 09-03-2009, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
This thread is not conducive to anything. As most know, there are usually three sides to every story. However, AMS has clearly explained their side and offered a full refund, which is all they can do. If the sticking point is the $7.50 return shipping, as pointed out by another poster, perhaps the OP can take up donations.

Closing...