C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Installing an Electrical Water Pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C43, 1999
Installing an Electrical Water Pump

I bought a CSR electrical water pump some time ago and when I pull it out to figure where I might mount the thing my mind just kind of draws a blank. I also bought a stock water pump and removed the impeller in preparation of installing the electrical pump. Using the stock pump without the pump impeller would allow me to keep the belt configuration the same in the front of the car but get rid of the power loss of the stock water pump pulley.

Any ideas on this modification and have any of you thought about trying this.

Jeff
Old 12-08-2009, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Hey Jeff, if you can figure it out it would be awesome. I thought about this before the crankcase vac system. Very cool way(no pun intended) of freeing up power. I remember seeing this pump pictured below at a local shop and thought about ways of installing it with the OEM pump gutted as you mentioned. Simple inline pump thats suposed to flow a good amount and claims it can be used as a standalone pump. Never looked any farther into it as far as flow rates and if it would even work. I assume the pump you have is one of the chevy style pumps?

Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 PM

C43
Consider the electrical draw on the alternator. We considered this on the last rally car we built, but the electrical draw was pretty high and felt it not a good option. Also, pump failures are rare, if the alternator goes you could over heat real fast as the battery would not last long at all with that draw on it. I have driven many miles with no alternator...just turned everything off.