C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

W202 Incredibly Annoying Failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:37 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
W210 DRFT BNZ
I have the 1996, so my Crank Position Sensor is being held by a torx bolt thats a female. So I did some quick searching around and found that I need a T30.

Seems to fit like a torx should, slightly less than snug.

The problem is that the sensor is somewhat on the side of the bell housing and comes out at a respectable angle. So either you chose to not mate the torx bit perfectly straight, or you use a u-jointed adapter and lose the ability to apply pressure form the top.

I am done with this. Handing the car over. Will report back in a week or two when I get it back.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by jumph4x
I have the 1996, so my Crank Position Sensor is being held by a torx bolt thats a female. So I did some quick searching around and found that I need a T30.

Seems to fit like a torx should, slightly less than snug.

The problem is that the sensor is somewhat on the side of the bell housing and comes out at a respectable angle. So either you chose to not mate the torx bit perfectly straight, or you use a u-jointed adapter and lose the ability to apply pressure form the top.

I am done with this. Handing the car over. Will report back in a week or two when I get it back.
Ahh what a freaking headache! I feel for you man....bright side? After al of this your car will be MINT . Worst case, I will drive to you and pop my ECU in. With all the problems you've been through I feel like thats the least I can do! I really really hope you post back with some awesome news! FINGERS CROSSED!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 287 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
I have never for a second felt jealous lol, im just trying to bring some facts into these arguments, Im not hating on anyone. I enjoy the torque my V8 puts down, and I love the sound. I love the c36 but after driving one I can tell you its just not as smooth as the V8. Power is not as linear and itll never sound like a V8 so I really have no reason to be jealous.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C36 AMG
Originally Posted by PJmak
I have never for a second felt jealous lol, im just trying to bring some facts into these arguments, Im not hating on anyone. I enjoy the torque my V8 puts down, and I love the sound. I love the c36 but after driving one I can tell you its just not as smooth as the V8. Power is not as linear and itll never sound like a V8 so I really have no reason to be jealous.
And your still going aren't you!!? Nobody gives a ****! Give it a rest bro!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 287 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Originally Posted by BenzMaster19
And your still going aren't you!!? Nobody gives a ****! Give it a rest bro!

Ok dude firs of all, I have gone through three different arguments with you without using one cuss word. Do the same please if u want my respect. Theres no need for that. Ur already hijacking threads so might as well keep it clean.

Second im only stating facts here so you can understand where ur car stands in terms of performance and what not. Im not hating on you or your car.

You are the problem here because you fail to understand some of the things ive been trying to tell you.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
Not at all true. Disconnecting the MAS entirely does NOT warrant a CEL. Doesn't even place a code into the OBD.

I just tried everything I could to get it to throw a CEL (since I cleared memory by disconnecting battery), nothing did it. Tried AutoZone's code reader. Brought it home, ****ed with it for another hour, used friend's Memoscan, still no codes.

NOTE: Disconnecting the MAF entirely, in my case, gave super similar symptoms.

Do you mean DeepCreep? What specifically was the thing you bought. I have used DeepCreep in the past, says its safe on these things.

NOTE: Cam Position Sensor is already taken care of, brand new Facet unit. Crank Position Sensor I haven't touched yet.
There is specific MAF cleaner that you can find in any autoparts store. Solved all my MAF issues, and being winter best to take the MAF inside let it get to room temp and clean it up so the cleaner dries properly. Lookin for a C36 or C43 for my girlfriend so lemme know if you decide to sell since your relatively close
Old 02-08-2010, 12:48 AM

C36 AMG
Ok dude firs of all, I have gone through three different arguments with you without using one cuss word. Do the same please if u want my respect. Theres no need for that. Ur already hijacking threads so might as well keep it clean.

Second im only stating facts here so you can understand where ur car stands in terms of performance and what not. Im not hating on you or your car.

You are the problem here because you fail to understand some of the things ive been trying to tell you.
I have agreed to STOP this childish argument, but you still keep coming back.
NO need to tell me ANYTHING buddy hence I have a good friend that lives not far from me and own's a C43 that I ride in/drive in/see every week, so I know the 43 inside out anyways. So thanks but no thanks!
They are both awesome cars so why restart this!? Now take a rest, and lets help jumph4x get his C36 up and running properly again.......

Last edited by BenzMaster19; 02-08-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:52 AM

C36 AMG
Grrrrrr. Still mad.

Taking home a new MAF sensor tonight (I hope).

We shall see....
How did the new MAF work out?
I agree with LAMF still, your MAF could very well be dirty, or in my case bad all together...
Old 02-08-2010, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Unpleasant to say the least. This is THE last part I ordered. Crank Position Sensor. As soon as I get it, I am handing the car over to a mechanic who is 25 years my senior, who does it professionally.

If that fails, appatula, buddy you are coming down for coffee some weekend soon. Since my last option is my ECU being screwed after I got it from Powerchip. I would really hate for that to be the case.
Toss me a pack of 27's and Ill do the job. Dont spend money on a simple DIY job. Save them bills for the suspension
Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by appatula
[SIZE="5"]

Remember, even after this rant, I've got nothing against you. I don't hold grudges and after all we both own W202 AMG's we need to stick together and compromise bro, this stupid back and forth (C36<C43 && C43<C36) crap is stupid and completley pointless, just opinions, and everyone has their prefrence, I respect that but dont be a dick and put other peoples stuff down that just makes you look like the lesser person, you feel me? I'm putting those springs in for you still. Just need to save up for the spring compressor and the alignment job afterwards. v0ac, when you lowered your car were they able to align it to factory specs or was it maxxed out so you have uneven tire wear? I hope I don't need camber kits.
hey man gettin the spring compressor tomorrow morning real early. Lemme know if you wanna come up and drop you 36 this week. And yes afterwards you should re-align it, but only cost about 60 bucks and not a complete immediate necessary thing unless you have a long commute every day. Dont worry about the uneven tire wear, I had my C36 completely slammed with negative camber and did not eat through tires at all, as the camber isnt too off, even slammed. Camber kits are not worth it at all unless your going all show (camber plates are pretty) PM me if you wanna swing by and get her down, always willing to help out a local
Old 02-08-2010, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
No. You fail to understand this epic diseased C43 talk has allready ended...go back one page. Take your beef with the Benzmaster elsewhere I'm done having to look at this petty back and forth nonsense. If your not jelous keep it to yourself. Start a new thread. If you want to brag about something go off.....to another thread. PM Benzmaster about your personal problems. Stay out of here unless you have something regarding a fix to this C36 problem at this point. Because if we dont we all man up and IGNORE the previous posts this will continue to trailer-trashville. Please DO NOT RESPOND TO MY POST on this thread either, PM me with your personal feelings if you feel necessary. STOP THIS NOW...ALL OF YOU! C36 owner or not. I'm almost tempted to ask C43 owners to try and keep out at this point because this just will not stop. PLEASE DROP IT, I don't fancy any of your opinions either does benzmaster and you should do the same with our opinions, walk away and call it a day. I can not understand how many enemies this thread has created and yet there are people still continuing. DONE DONE DONE.

I LOVE EVERY ONE...C36 or C43 OWNER ALIKE!!!

back to topic.....back to topic.....back to topic.....back to topic.....back to topic.....back to topic.....back to topic.....back to topic.....back to topic.....back to topic.....back to topic
Old 02-08-2010, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by AMGC
hey man gettin the spring compressor tomorrow morning real early. Lemme know if you wanna come up and drop you 36 this week. And yes afterwards you should re-align it, but only cost about 60 bucks and not a complete immediate necessary thing unless you have a long commute every day. Dont worry about the uneven tire wear, I had my C36 completely slammed with negative camber and did not eat through tires at all, as the camber isnt too off, even slammed. Camber kits are not worth it at all unless your going all show (camber plates are pretty) PM me if you wanna swing by and get her down, always willing to help out a local
Dude totally appreciate it but I'm saving the drop for summer time....Itching to get her claybarred, polished, waxed, dtm wiper mod, put the other set of mirror polished lip mono's (thinking of even running 8.5's f&r ) on then I'll be set. Along with my custom REAL carbon fiber exterior pillar covers and some CF engine plastics. This is the plan, however, I litterally hibernate in the winter when it comes to working on the car so it gives me time to do moldwork, CF, and get creative with breadboards. Still going buy some compressors, got tons of friends around here that I can make money off renting it out, plus it will be at my disposal whenever I need to do a job. Just a really kickarse tool to have around that you really can't justify not buying if you work on your car all the time. But yet still, if things change I'll be in touch foh-sho-bro. I sound like a stoner......ahh need sleep......4 hours of computer architecture HW will do that to you....
Old 02-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by BenzMaster19
It's SO ****in funny how I get a "probation" from "nlamg" (moderator of this forum) for trying to prove "another" C43 owner that his car ain't the best car in the world, when THIS GUY goes on EVERY thread and says this ****IN **** to start all kinds of problems, and to lead EVERY thread OFF-TOPIC! Why ain't NOBODY doing anything about this!!!!!??? hello moderators!?? Or maybe it's because i put down an m3 vs, an AMG and knowing "nlamg" has an M, he didn't like that??...... I Think I smell some racism/hatred going on here...
Wow, I just saw this now.

You want to keep calling me out?

I'm sorry, but moderators can't be all over the place, especially in a forum that used to be DEAD until you all came in.

I found your verbal diarrhea because I had been following that old thread about the 55k engine in a 202.

Like I told you in a reply to a butt-hurt pm that you sent me, you were issued probation because you were starting and inciting a whole lot of drama and bickering and destroyed a perfectly good thread. You were trying to get in the last word as to why your C36 was better than the other guy's C43. I accidentally marked the thread where you were going off on an M3 vs. an AMG instead of the proper one and I explained it to you...

But you come on here with some tin-foil hat theory that I'm racist ? Man, that's smart. Or that I'm hating b/c I have an M5 and you have a C36? I personally love the W202 AMG's and had a 1997 C280 Sport (back in 1996) and would have loved to have owned a C43 or C36 back then. Plus, I personally don't really like the E36 M3's, I never liked the box style of the E36 and have preferred the W202 to the E36.

Also, why do you think I'd be a mod over here if I was M all the way? You're a dumbass through and through.

30 day suspension. I should ban you for more.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Warning to all, a moderator will be posting a very serious warning soon. DO NOT post anything unrelated to the original poster's topic. You will be reported. The moderators "have had it about up to here at this point". You have all been forewarned.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by appatula
Warning to all, a moderator will be posting a very serious warning soon. DO NOT post anything unrelated to the original poster's topic. You will be reported. The moderators "have had it about up to here at this point". You have all been forewarned.
Thanks for being the mouthpiece. And thanks for reporting all of this non-sense to us (many, many times).

A Moderator here , I've never spoken with you, but...

Serious warning: Let's end this C43 v. C36 non-sense.

If anyone starts bickering and inciting any more childish arguments, bans and infractions will be issued. Bans and infractions have already been issued to the parties involved.

That is all.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by nlpamg
Thanks for being the mouthpiece. And thanks for reporting all of this non-sense to us (many, many times).

A Moderator here , I've never spoken with you, but...

Serious warning: Let's end this C43 v. C36 non-sense.

If anyone starts bickering and inciting any more childish arguments, bans and infractions will be issued. Bans and infractions have already been issued to the parties involved.

That is all.
Thank you, I did not even know you were a Mod at first, my sincere apologies. As you know I come here to help, learn, even create things (), many others do the same. I'm not sure if something like this would be within your power but deleting ALL of the OP non-subject posts would be a good idea, as newcomers will undoubtly scan-read a few of the past ignorant posts and STILL carry this on not even noticing the severe warning on the last page from you. Maybe ridding of the fuel completley would be the best end-all of this.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
appatula, we don't delete posts at MBWorld. On occasion we do delete members. All this childish bickering needs to stop. This goes for everyone.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
jumph4x, will you be bringing her to the stealership or an indy? If so whom? very few good european indys exist around here......
Old 02-09-2010, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
98 C43, 15 Alfa 4C LE, 18 Tesla Model 3 DM Perf, 08 Duc S1000, 02 Duc 998, 98 Duc 748, 01 Miata
Sorry to jump into this so late, but I had a similar situation on my Ducati. The bike would start up cold, run for 10 to 15 minutes until it was at operating temperature and then died. I chased it around, replaced a lot of the electrical components, checked to make sure the fuel tank wasn't creating a vacuum as it drained, etc. It ended up being the crank position sensor. I think you may be onto something there. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:58 PM

W210 DRFT BNZ
Will be giving it to a person I know who really knows his ****.

The Teflon-derivative coating that Nissan is putting on their pistons now, this guy figured out how to do on Russian motors 2 decades ago.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 PM

B200
I know these guys benzonline, benzmaster19 and v0ac. They are here in Toronto and they create alot of problems. I see them occasionally they usually just act like 16 year olds flooring their car in parking lots and revv their engines annoyingly. They also associate them self with illegal races with turbo wannabe sound like cavaliers.

Here couple pictures from their last gathering. I believe they were discussing how to act like douche bags on forums together for next time.

Last edited by smartcenter; 02-09-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 PM

B200
Benzonline's car is on the most left, benzmaster19's C36 is on the most right.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:25 PM

W210 DRFT BNZ
Hahahahahaha... no way.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:19 PM

99 C43 ///AMG
Tell me whoever you are that you are joking, as this is now going to get legal.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:37 PM

W210 DRFT BNZ
Originally Posted by Benzonline
Tell me whoever you are that you are joking, as this is now going to get legal.
LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W202 Incredibly Annoying Failure