C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

I bought the reardoor sunblinders!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Question I bought the reardoor sunblinders!

Like I said, these are MB OEM blinders for the rear doors.
About installing them, how do I do that?

There is a small metal bracket on the blinders end (adjusting with 2 small screws for fitment) to press down in the tiny gap between the innerlinig doorpanel, pointing out to the C-pillar.

And there is another loose metal fastener that snaps on the horisontal window frame between large window and the smaller window on rear door!

There are some hooks that snaps on the window when rolled down.

The innerdoor panel looks to sit tajt to the door and there is a tiny gap to press down the blinders metal bracket into this gap!

On the innerlining door panel pointing in near the door knob B-pillar the inner panel is to tajt without any gap to press the other side bracket from the blinders end!

Are there only 2 fastening brackets to be stuck on the door?

Does anybody have these MB rear door blinders?

Tell me how jou installed them.
Thanks

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 03-24-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95' AMG SeeThreeSix
I have the rear door and rear window sunblinders. Very very slick and no need for window tinting. It is hard to explain how the brackets fit in but I will take some photos and you will know how they work right away. Good purchase!! Aren't these a euro option? The PO who had my car said he had to order them from a dealer in Europe.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by appatula
I have the rear door and rear window sunblinders. Very very slick and no need for window tinting. It is hard to explain how the brackets fit in but I will take some photos and you will know how they work right away. Good purchase!! Aren't these a euro option? The PO who had my car said he had to order them from a dealer in Europe.
hey buddy.
thanks for putting up the pictures.

I just took them out of the box, and I saw there is 1 bracket on each side on the blinder ends!

I looked at the innerdoor panel and there is a tiny gap on the outer side panel next to the C-pillar where I can press the end bracket into this gap to sit tajt!!

The inner side panel next the B-pillar is tajter without any gap to press the bracket end into this gap.

So what do I do?

Did you have the electric rear window sun blinder installed or was it a manual pull?
# all ps numbers would have been great to have to retrofit the el.blinder.

I bet the rear deck shelve must be replaced to another one????

Thanks foe the pictures coming up!
Old 03-28-2010, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
I hope these pictures help you. As you can see, this is the manual sunblinder that will follow the electric window via the clip. The rear sunblinder is actually just 2 almost invinsible bolts on the shelf and on the top small black socket pieces that the sunblinder can click in and out of. I can provide more pics and part numbers if you still want them. Let me know what you need bro!

Old 03-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Banned

hey bro.

thanks.
about the fasteners, the bracket fastener on the window, do you have to press the metal bracket between the window pillar and the lining?

this metal bracket that is folded, shouldn't this bracket be put outside this windowpillar and then snapped around to sit tight?

my inner door panel sits very tight on the innerside towards the B-pillar!
there is no gap for the metal bracket to be pressed in!
there is only a gap on the outerside panel to press down the blinder bracket.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Banned

I have bought the blinders I have them at home.
just not installed yet!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
I think a little coercion may be needed in your case to get the tabs situated correctly. I did not install the blinders, rather, I bought the car with them. However, everything seems to fit nice and tight like it should. I could see how the middle clip positioning is not quite intuitive like the end tabs are, but like you said it just slides between the metal pillar and the glass window lining then proceeds to clip onto the sunshade itself.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by appatula
I hope these pictures help you. As you can see, this is the manual sunblinder that will follow the electric window via the clip. The rear sunblinder is actually just 2 almost invinsible bolts on the shelf and on the top small black socket pieces that the sunblinder can click in and out of. I can provide more pics and part numbers if you still want them. Let me know what you need bro!

hey Appatula.
Your rear doorblinds are they in anthracite grey/blackish color?
they seem to have a lighter color shade than your rear window blind which is black?
I have fitted my rear doorblinds to my car and I guess I have the same color shade on my blinds as on your car.
Now only thing missing is rear window blind.
these parts are an awesome option because they will keep your car more cool and you'll keep your leatherseats protected from sun.

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 01-20-2011 at 03:26 PM.