Old 08-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
pure ownage. lol.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55
I used to own a 335i, highly modded, tune, downpipes, intake, exhaust, catch can, KW V2's... blah blah blah...

the 335i is a great platform and can lay down some serious 1/4mi times, + with a set of KW V2's you can hang with the highest performance handling cars...

my 335i would sit next to my friends / take an early lead on his 06' cls55... up until about 80-90-100... then he would blow me away by car lengths...

1/4 mi times were predicated upon launch...

all im saying is that is is plausible that a 335i can take down a c63, or any AMG for that matter, outside of a few higher end AMGs (black series, 65 series etc...)

anyways, have fun and be safe peeps
Old 11-16-2010, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Audi S4
Originally Posted by PJmak
First things first, if you are gona have this conversation with me, please talk to me like an adult

I never said my car is a god among other cars. Thats just you not understanding the conversation here. Im fully aware my car is not faster then many cars out there

a) I got a question for you. Have you raced a 335 with a c43??? If no please don't tell me the 335 is faster, at least not from a roll. There are two races posted here and both are in favor of the C43, that's all Im saying. You coming in here and telling me the opposite makes you look like you are praising the 335. Would be a pretty big coincidence that both of those 335 drivers didn't know how to floor their car(lol)

b) I dont know much about cars, true that but most turbocharged cars have turbo lag. Thats all Im saying...I raced a 996 911 turbo from a roll and it took him a few seconds to start pulling on me coz the turbo lagged bad.

c) I don't need to apologize to my friends here on the forum, I stand up for my car when I know I am being right and they should thank me for that. I back of when I know I am wrong. Perfect example here, I admitted the 335 is faster of the line but I still think the c43 can take on it from a roll. Probably not by much but I still think it could and there is no reason for you to come in and start calling me names when you have zero experience driving neither of the two cars

Im starting to think the only reason you are going of on me is coz I insulted your little C32?

Have you been in a C43 ever?? Im sorry but sitting in a c32 after getting out of my car is just totally different. I even had a few of my friends refer to the C32 as a "plastic car" The quality just isn't there, not even when compared to non amg W202s. I don't need to apologize to anyone, ask mercedes benz to apologize to you for selling you what has potential to be the worst AMG ever built so far
bwahahahahahahaha this thread has brought joy to my night. Thanks PJMak for your obvious ignorance.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W203 C55 and SAAB 9-3 2.0T
I know that this site is all about Mercedes and the pride we have in owning them but this thread is nothing of the sort. This thread has turned into nothing but hate and attempts at fact forcing and NONE of it is fun. We are all here because we love the cars we own, not to put each other down. If Pj feels the way he does and you guys know your right, than so be it. Be the bigger person and let him be. There is no reason to run some one down just because they might not have a clear understanding of what your discussing. Most of the time I spend on the site I truly enjoy but after reading all eight pages of this slander, I am really disappointed. All Mercedes are great cars and each of them have their strong points but bullying each other like we are all back in grade school or comparing engine size like we are back in grade school showers is truly uncalled for. Can we all just shake on this like men and walk away? I really hope this thread doesn't move any further in the negative manner it has since its inception. The things you guys say to one an another can really make a difference in some ones life, I would feel really bad if I was in here ripping on some kid for being a "retard" was it? And find hes killed him self, just like the ten plus teen kids have in the USA over the past few months for the same type of damaging behavior. Sorry if I got all preachy but calling some one a retard because they don't agree with you is VERY disrespectful to the members of this forum that have loved ones that are challenged (Me included) and have also had friends kill them selves due to hate and bullying (me included) and bringing some ones mental health into a car forum is extremely uncalled for. You guys have a good rest of you day and its the holiday season, so show a little kindness.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
evo9's stock don't trap 106. maybe 100. on a good day.

and BMW might say the 335i has 300hp and 300 tq, but they lie so the 335i doesn't compete head to head with the M3...

kind of like how the M113k E55 is only rated at 469hp when it really is closer to 493hp, like that of the M113k SL55.

no chance a 335i is pulled by a C43 at any speed.
Evos 8 and IX has been tested in many many many magazines trapping anywhere from 102 to 106. I personally owned 3 Evos so far:
a new 2005 Evo 8 MR (new) purchased in Sep 2004
a new 2006 Evo 9(new ) Purchased in October 2005
and recently a Evo IX SE

I read just about every magazine available and every video available from Edmunds comparos to best motoring road test.

You are the one misinformed. Many owners/ people trapped more than 106 stock as well . I also purchased a 07 335i coupe back in May 2007 . I just know "a little" on this topic.

Here is a Evo IX MR stock trapping 105.6 mph.. Oh wait a minute!! I thought you said they could only trap 100 in a good day? what happened with your statement?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/co...wrx_sti_page_2

here is one trapping 103 mph

http://www.insideline.com/mitsubishi...gination_top_1

Last edited by C63newdude; 11-16-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 217 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Originally Posted by austinholloman
I know that this site is all about Mercedes and the pride we have in owning them but this thread is nothing of the sort. This thread has turned into nothing but hate and attempts at fact forcing and NONE of it is fun. We are all here because we love the cars we own, not to put each other down. If Pj feels the way he does and you guys know your right, than so be it. Be the bigger person and let him be. There is no reason to run some one down just because they might not have a clear understanding of what your discussing. Most of the time I spend on the site I truly enjoy but after reading all eight pages of this slander, I am really disappointed. All Mercedes are great cars and each of them have their strong points but bullying each other like we are all back in grade school or comparing engine size like we are back in grade school showers is truly uncalled for. Can we all just shake on this like men and walk away? I really hope this thread doesn't move any further in the negative manner it has since its inception. The things you guys say to one an another can really make a difference in some ones life, I would feel really bad if I was in here ripping on some kid for being a "retard" was it? And find hes killed him self, just like the ten plus teen kids have in the USA over the past few months for the same type of damaging behavior. Sorry if I got all preachy but calling some one a retard because they don't agree with you is VERY disrespectful to the members of this forum that have loved ones that are challenged (Me included) and have also had friends kill them selves due to hate and bullying (me included) and bringing some ones mental health into a car forum is extremely uncalled for. You guys have a good rest of you day and its the holiday season, so show a little kindness.
Amen