C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Beat the 335I by a nose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2010 | 08:53 PM

996tt Protomotive, C63
Crack your rim meaned you hit something. Driver's error.
Brake overheat mean you do not proper use the brake, under-estimate, too small disk or wrong pad.
I do not see you could brag that you are better drivers than friends here.
(Hey if you fight at the bar often, does it mean you are a super martial-art fighter. The real thing might be you often drunkly start fights and got beat up all the time. So do not brag you are good driver. How many TROPHY you got?)
Originally Posted by PJmak

The only reason why I brought up my cracked rim and brakes overheating is because the guy was trying to tell me I know nothing about road racing. I put 17k miles on my car in 6 months lol running canyons and what not up until 5 in the AM

I bet none of you guys have even went close to the limit of your car and dont tell me I cant drive just coz I cracked my wheel. It happens to the best of us
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:03 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
seriously PJ, stop...if you are actually thinking Nurburgring doesn't matter and thinking it's because they have more power...you obviously has ZERO CLUE about how suspension and gearing works. and why don't we do a head count of who are saying the 202 has a "better" suspension? oh wait...it's just you. I'm guessing the rest of us C36/43/32/55 owners along with few P-car heads has no clue on what we're talking about then...

like I've said, if you cracked your rim...just means you are either stupid or un-lucky. pushing the car to the limit?? it has nothing to do with it.

Laguna Seca is not a short track and 5 second on any track = eternity. The E46 M3 is still quicker by 4 second on Jarama, Spain vs the C43 tested by Car&Driver, Spain.

funny how you just ignores the whole suspension discussion about double-A vs struts and continues to make idiotic arguments.

edit: I'm pretty sure you are going to continue your idiotic argument, so I'm just going to end this with a quote

Originally Posted by SGTzAMG
put it this way....this one is legit...i BEAT PJ in my stillen built 300ZX NA! lol and he still denied loss lol after diong many pulls from rollin to from a full stop and around hella ppl to witness...lol but still his C43 is much more superior.

Last edited by FrankW; 07-19-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Originally Posted by aroonkl
Crack your rim meaned you hit something. Driver's error.
Brake overheat mean you do not proper use the brake, under-estimate, too small disk or wrong pad.
I do not see you could brag that you are better drivers than friends here.
(Hey if you fight at the bar often, does it mean you are a super martial-art fighter. The real thing might be you often drunkly start fights and got beat up all the time. So do not brag you are good driver. How many TROPHY you got?)
Id expect you to know more since you own a 911 my friend and benz brakes are nowhere as good as porsche brakes. Do you watch real racing sometime?? You see glowing rotors on cars?? What happens there is the brakes are pushed harder then they could go. This happens when you go deep into a turn and slam the brakes late also this being a benz brakes are always being used when you are losing traction, even if your foot is not on the pedal

It doesnt mean im not using brakes correctly. Disks are 13.2 inch in front and they provide great stopping power but unfortunately the calipers are only 2 piston and are not designed to last on a track like your porsche brakes. 60 to 0 in 112 feet. And ill point out that c43 rotors cost more then c32\c55 rotors. Actually my front rotors ae larger then your 991s rotors, my friend and I compared

Are you telling me this guy below is using his brakes incorrectly? I mean id asume hes a pro driver seeing that hes trusted with the MClaren F1

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7527/gou20673.jpg

If you wana know how my rim broke ill let you know. I cut a corner too close at 90mph and hit the edge of the paved section which was pretty deep. The night before my headlight sensor got fuked somehow so my headlights werent pointing as high, I couldn't see as good basically.

At least im out there doing it and not talking out of my ***. Most people get stuck on "oh its just a heavy benz it cant do ****" but youd be surprised
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FrankW
seriously PJ, stop...if you are actually thinking Nurburgring doesn't matter and thinking it's because they have more power...you obviously has ZERO CLUE about how suspension and gearing works.

like I've said, if you cracked your rim...just means you are either stupid or un-lucky. pushing the car to the limit?? :lmao... try 1 on 1 with a S2k up and down GMR then start talking...

Laguna Seca is not a short track and 5 second on any track = eternity. The E46 M3 is still quick by 4 second on Jarama, Spain vs the C43 tested by Car&Driver, Spain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-jLWavqG5k

click, skip to 3:20, watch, and start realizing how dumb you actually are. Comparing a c55 to a c43 on nurburgring is like comparing them at the drag strip
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

seriously PJ, stop...if you are actually thinking Nurburgring doesn't matter and thinking it's because they have more power...you obviously has ZERO CLUE about how suspension and gearing works.

like I've said, if you cracked your rim...just means you are either stupid or un-lucky. pushing the car to the limit?? :lmao... try 1 on 1 with a S2k up and down GMR then start talking...

Laguna Seca is not a short track and 5 second on any track = eternity. The E46 M3 is still quick by 4 second on Jarama, Spain vs the C43 tested by Car&Driver, Spain.
Try 1v1 with a s2k?? Why dont you try that with your c32? Whats your point, why are you bringing in the s2k?

Being 5 seconds behind a car thats 5-6 years younger, more powerful, and has "better suspension" is not a bad deal and I had a chance to ride shotgun on laguna seca, one lap is over in under 2 minutes, yes it is a short track
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

like I've said, if you cracked your rim...just means you are either stupid or un-lucky. pushing the car to the limit?? it has nothing to do with it.

I dont understand that comment

Youll find out how your car handles only and only if you are able to push it to the limit. Sure all cars handle great if you are just cruising down the road
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:32 PM

996tt Protomotive, C63
I know glowing rotors. So you overheat your rotors and you think you are a pro. I gave you sample earlier from lady I knew drove down hill in neutral to save the gas. I am sure she had glowing red rotors. So she was a pro too.
Please come to the world my friend. If Wanna Be drives fast in Canyon couple times, nearly crash but missed, his ego pumps up and self-acclaim he is someone. Where do we put the pro with talent and practice year long driving at limit. For you I even doubt if you could drive correct line.
Id expect you to know more since you own a 911 my friend and benz brakes are nowhere as good as porsche brakes. Do you watch real racing sometime?? You see glowing rotors on cars?? What happens there is the brakes are pushed harder then they could go. This happens when you go deep into a turn and slam the brakes late also this being a benz brakes are always being used when you are losing traction, even if your foot is not on the pedal

It doesnt mean im not using brakes correctly. Disks are 13.2 inch in front and they provide great stopping power but unfortunately the calipers are only 2 piston and are not designed to last on a track like your porsche brakes. 60 to 0 in 112 feet. And ill point out that c43 rotors cost more then c32\c55 rotors. Actually my front rotors ae larger then your 991s rotors, my friend and I compared

Are you telling me this guy below is using his brakes incorrectly? I mean id asume hes a pro driver seeing that hes trusted with the MClaren F1

If you wana know how my rim broke ill let you know. I cut a corner too close at 90mph and hit the edge of the paved section which was pretty deep. The night before my headlight sensor got fuked somehow so my headlights werent pointing as high, I couldn't see as good basically.

At least im out there doing it and not talking out of my ***. Most people get stuck on "oh its just a heavy benz it cant do ****" but youd be surprised
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Originally Posted by dumpsta
I'll be the first. I raced a 335i last week in the C63, from a dig I won. But from a roll got my *** handed to me (wrong gear perhaps? ). Those things are fast!
If you lost to a 335i from a roll and that beamer was stock. You better sell your C63 bro.
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by aroonkl
I know glowing rotors. So you overheat your rotors and you think you are a pro. I gave you sample earlier from lady I knew drove down hill in neutral to save the gas. I am sure she had glowing red rotors. So she was a pro too.
Please come to the world my friend. If Wanna Be drives fast in Canyon couple times, nearly crash but missed, his ego pumps up and self-acclaim he is someone. Where do we put the pro with talent and practice year long driving at limit. For you I even doubt if you could drive correct line.

I already told you how I broke my wheel, lets not turn this into something its not just like this whole thread. Everyone makes mistakes. Im sure u know f1crazydriver(enrique) the guy who owned the gtrs on forum wars. Well I have a video of him spining out on laguna seca while driving my friends E55 kompressor.

It takes more then that to make brakes glow. Granny rollin down the hill in neutral.........right

I dont think Im a pro, im just trying to prove the other guy wrong by letting him know I actually drive my car coz he called me out on road racing and me not knowing what it is. Broke a rim or not, im out there pushing my car
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sheet brahhh, now even the 204 c63 drivers are gettin' in on this!
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thepinoc
sheet brahhh, now even the 204 c63 drivers are gettin' in on this!
C63 is a beast. Im not even gona argue about them racing any BMW. Lets leave that for another time
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:52 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter

metal glows red when heat up. on a race car the rotors and pads can withstand 2-3x the temperature without fading. It just means that they're working the brakes and it doesn't mean they are over working them.

on your street car the rotors and pads does not have that high of a melting point. If you are over heating your brakes it means that you are pushing too hard and not know what you are doing. There is a reason why a lot of people that track their cars will swap the pads out on location.

you actually have the ***** to post how you ****ed up your rim?? so I was right...it was your stupidity and blame it on your headlight aim.

oh, and the C43 rotors are more expensive because they just slap on the heavy rotors from the R129 SL600. They have ZERO performance edge over the C32/55 stock rotors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-jLWavqG5k

click, skip to 3:20, watch, and start realizing how dumb you actually are. Comparing a c55 to a c43 on nurburgring is like comparing them at the drag strip
are you serious???? I almost fell out of my chair for this one. that is a Go-kart track you moron...I'm saying this with the best intentions. do you know what is a difference between a go-kart and a car? Fifth Gear did that for 1 or 2 season just to show how small compact can still be fun to drive.

Try 1v1 with a s2k?? Why dont you try that with your c32? Whats your point, why are you bringing in the s2k?

Being 5 seconds behind a car thats 5-6 years younger, more powerful, and has "better suspension" is not a bad deal and I had a chance to ride shotgun on laguna seca, one lap is over in under 2 minutes, yes it is a short track
I did ran the S2K up and down GMR. until the front tire started to give.

now you are saying it's not a bad deal?? make up your mind...first it was embrassing for the new car, now it's not a bad deal for the old car?

1:50-2:30 tracks are already consider a long track, smart guy. avg short tracks falls well under 1:30 for their lap records. http://www.fastestlaps.com/raceways.html

I'm just gonna end this with a quote

Originally Posted by SGTzAMG
put it this way....this one is legit...i BEAT PJ in my stillen built 300ZX NA! lol and he still denied loss lol after diong many pulls from rollin to from a full stop and around hella ppl to witness...lol but still his C43 is much more superior.

oh well...i guess C43 FTW...

not!

Last edited by FrankW; 07-19-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-19-2010 | 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55

to RLx02: Dude you are laughing when I try to tell you something and you call me immature?? I think you are the one who praises his car. You dont seem to have respect for older cars
I laugh at you because you obviously have no clue about anything. I tried to put some sense into you but all you know is "lighter, double wishbone suspension, canyon runs" and somehow you think you are a track stud.

Gee...so because you have double wishbone suspension your car must be as good as f1 cars. So did honda civics up until 7th gen. Woop-dee-freaking-doo. I don't see too many dc5 type-r owners lamenting on how crappy their McPherson strut suspension set up is. If your car is better than a newer, heavier car on a smaller track, go run against my friend's non-double wishbone HONDA FIT. K20+supercharged will run rings around you and I, all day in the quarter, at a big track and at an autocross.

Oh wait, you've never been to a road track, autocross nor drag strip. Nevermind. But wait! You could probably beat him from a roll because of supercharger lag Go back to reading magazines and watching youtube videos.

C63 is a beast. Im not even gona argue about them racing any BMW. Lets leave that for another time
lol because your elitist mentality is shoved so far up your rear-end that you don't realize that a 335i is a TWIN TURBO that with few bolt ons and retune can keep up with a stock c63 and smoke an e92 m3.

God you are DENSE

BTW i have the utmost respect for older cars, I love the 190e, the classic lines of the w202 and the forward design of the w203 but I know when a car is past its prime in terms of performance. Every other c43 owner here knows they have a great car that was amazing at its time except for you.

Last edited by RLx02; 07-19-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol wtf I raced kim once in his Z haha wow. It was up the hill to and it was dead even. Im gona call him right now to clear that **** up wow

THe point is, the ferrari would eat the fiat alive on nurburgring but it was barely faster around that track, go kart track so what, what is your point here???

Btw it wasnt my stupidity, it was a simple mistake. I have the ***** to post it and the point of posting was to show that I actually have ***** to use my car to its full potential. Your c32 is sitting in a garage spotless while you are here talking to me about road tracks and racing. Give me a brake please

C43 rotors are two piece, thats why they are expensive

If you are overheating your brakes it means....like I said earlier. Brakes are being pushed harder then they can go. My brakes bite really hard so I have the confidence to go deep and get on the brakes late. Youll sweat f you cary more than you are comfortable with....its common sense and please dont coll me a moron. Lets keep this civilized
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RLx02
I laugh at you because you obviously have no clue about anything. I tried to put some sense into you but all you know is "lighter, double wishbone suspension, canyon runs" and somehow you think you are a track stud.

Gee...so because you have double wishbone suspension your car must be as good as f1 cars. So did honda civics up until 7th gen. Woop-dee-freaking-doo. I don't see too many dc5 type-r owners lamenting on how crappy their McPherson strut suspension set up is. If your car is better than a newer, heavier car on a smaller track, go run against my friend's non-double wishbone HONDA FIT. K20+supercharged will run rings around you and I, all day in the quarter, at a big track and at an autocross.

Oh wait, you've never been to a road track, autocross nor drag strip. Nevermind. But wait! You could probably beat him from a roll because of supercharger lag Go back to reading magazines and watching youtube videos.

lol because your elitist mentality is shoved so far up your rear-end that you don't realize that a 335i is a TWIN TURBO that with few bolt ons and retune can keep up with a stock c63 and smoke an e92 m3.

God you are DENSE

BTW i have the utmost respect for older cars, I love the 190e, the classic lines of the w202 and the forward design of the w203 but I know when a car is past its prime in terms of performance. Every other c43 owner here knows they have a great car that was amazing at its time except for you.
I am comparing my car to your c55 in the suspension area. Dont bring other cars into this. Of course a modded 335 will beat the C63.....a moded c43 will beat a c63 too. Might cost more to get it up there it being a benz but it will get up there. I dont see the point you are trying to make again

See you keep coming up with things lol, runing out of things to say. I dont think Im a track stud, Im simply telling you I have some experience and you are the one who called me out on that so deal with it.

Im sur every owner here knows what they are driving but somehow noone seems to believe them when they provide details on a kill.......same kill twice
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:13 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
I'm sorry, this is seriously my last post to you. I didn't even catch this part in my last post.

THIS is by far the most retarded thing you have said in this thread. The number of pistons has NOTHING to do with it lasting on the track or not. The E46 M3, E39 M5 had similar style two piston floating calipers and they worked just great when people track them. AND most BMW including M cars still runs this setup.

why? because they vent slightly better, lighter, and those people has the right mind to get brake pads with higher melting point that performs better on the track and also had the right mind to upgrade their brake lines instead of telling people "my brake caliper are not designed to last on track"
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Yep frank. Nothing gets through to this kid's head.

He doesnt realize "a few bolt ons" is different from an engine swap + supercharging it.

Farewell PJ. I hope you never have kids.
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
This thread is too good to miss. Subscribed!
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok fair enough, I was simply admitting my brakes are not designed for the track be it the calipers, the rotors or whatever that's causing it
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:24 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Lol wtf I raced kim once in his Z haha wow. It was up the hill to and it was dead even. Im gona call him right now to clear that **** up wow

THe point is, the ferrari would eat the fiat alive on nurburgring but it was barely faster around that track, go kart track so what, what is your point here???

Btw it wasnt my stupidity, it was a simple mistake. I have the ***** to post it and the point of posting was to show that I actually have ***** to use my car to its full potential. Your c32 is sitting in a garage spotless while you are here talking to me about road tracks and racing. Give me a brake please

C43 rotors are two piece, thats why they are expensive

If you are overheating your brakes it means....like I said earlier. Brakes are being pushed harder then they can go. My brakes bite really hard so I have the confidence to go deep and get on the brakes late. Youll sweat f you cary more than you are comfortable with....its common sense and please dont coll me a moron. Lets keep this civilized
my 32 has seen more canyon before you even bought your C43. and it has not been in the garage for the last two years and definitely has not give a **** about waxing it for the last four years. the single lane back roads up on san jose, the winding mountain pass heading towards santa cruz (not 17), GMR, angeles crest, malibu, and always on the look out for better roads AND was religiously going up and down GMR from 2005 to 2007 almost every other thursday running with the S2k, STi, Z32, etc.

please stop making me laugh... why did you think I added the Brembos, Eibach sways, BBS REs on PS2, coilovers, and brake lines on the car and now upgraded to PSS9 and going back down to 18" again.

being two piece has nothing to do with price on the C43 rotors. You can get them for around $235 each. They are not true two-piece rotors btw.

Last edited by FrankW; 07-19-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm sorry, this is seriously my last post to you. I didn't even catch this part in my last post.

THIS is by far the most retarded thing you have said in this thread. The number of pistons has NOTHING to do with it lasting on the track or not. The E46 M3, E39 M5 had similar style two piston floating calipers and they worked just great when people track them. AND most BMW including M cars still runs this setup.

why? because they vent slightly better, lighter, and those people has the right mind to get brake pads with higher melting point that performs better on the track and also had the right mind to upgrade their brake lines instead of telling people "my brake caliper are not designed to last on track"

Worked just great for people at the track? What did you go around interviewing people?

I hapend to have a friend who took the new M3 for a good spin around the canyon and the car didn't have the bmw big brake upgrade, the six piston in front and 4 in the rear or w\e it is. He couldn't have been more disappointed by the brakes

Heres me talking to him on AIM

PJmak021987 7:22 pm
(7:22:44 PM): u drove the new m3 right?
EGutie6970 7:24 pm
(7:24:52 PM): yea
PJmak021987 7:24 pm
(7:24:59 PM): what did u think of the brakes?
EGutie6970 7:25 pm
(7:25:50 PM): great bite but fade after like 5 miles of fun

And heres me talking to him about me racing his 911

PJmak021987 7:17 pm
(7:17:51 PM): we raced and after the ace u were surprised that my car kept up for even like 2 seconds before your turbos kicked in fully
(7:17:59 PM): remember?
EGutie6970 7:19 pm
(7:19:01 PM): lol well pp take **** out of proportion sometimes to try to make them selfves feel like they are right
(7:19:11 PM): i dont know why u bother with some of these online personas
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:37 PM

'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
PJ ---> you have the best car in the entire universe!!! ..................
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:45 PM

'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
SCHIZOPHRENIA is a horrible disease........
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^^^ hey man at least I stand up for my car and all the people here, I dont come in and make the whole C32\c55 crew look immature
Old 07-19-2010 | 10:53 PM

ok.....just give it a rest.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beat the 335I by a nose