Some decal fun with my vinyl plotter!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Some decal fun with my vinyl plotter!

Hey fellas, I've been super busy lately and have been pretty much out of the loop for a while now. However, back in July I bought myself a birthday present and just got around to playing with it! Its a 42" vinyl plotter cutter. I've been doing some stickers for friends but the first one that went on my car was a vertical AMG decal. I put it on thinking I was going to rip it back off in fear of that riced out look, however, with all the compliments I've been getting I think it may stay on! Anyhow I can knock almost ANYTHING out if you have a picture, digital picture or even a simple pencil or pen drawing. So if anyone is looking for some custom stuff or just logos let me know, I'd be happy to help any of you guys out on the cheap.

Here's some other stuff from customers that I've done just to give you an idea of the versatility! I can even get vinyl transfer stuff and press this stuff onto t-shirts.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 320
That AMG decal looks pretty sweet. How much would you charge for something like "VCU School of Dentistry" written out in one line like other university decals? I have been looking for one like this for a while, but they don't seem to sell any around here that say precisely that.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
92300E,
I could easily whip up something like that, any particular font you'd prefer? What kind of sizing are you looking for, 2 inches high? I'd say like 5 bucks shipped to you. I'm waiting on some high grade vinyl and transfer tape, it'll be in on Tues. However I can either mimic another university font of your choice or look for something suiting, possibly varsity block font? Thats pretty close to what the Yale medical school uses here.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:47 AM

2002 CLK 320
PM sent
Old 09-26-2010, 11:51 AM

2000 C230 Kompressor Sport
Congratulations Ben! I'm sure you'd get a lot of orders for the ////AMG sticker. Unfortunately, I don't have an AMG yet so I can't order now. In the future, if I have any sticker requirements, I know now who to contact!
Old 09-26-2010, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by Jovsky
Congratulations Ben! I'm sure you'd get a lot of orders for the ////AMG sticker. Unfortunately, I don't have an AMG yet so I can't order now. In the future, if I have any sticker requirements, I know now who to contact!
Thanks man! Hope you have been doing well, I can hook you up with whatever you need. If you've got H&R springs, Vogtland, eibach, ect or anything aftermarket I can make decals for practically anything. If you want to freshen up the engine bay ect. I can do 1/4" high text "Achtung" ect. I've even got some Di-Noc carbon fiber vinyl comming in. This stuff look so real its impressive, though you don't get that glossed over resin look. You still get that CF holographic effect with it and I can make decals or wrap anything with this stuff! I'll post pics of it when it comes in.

**PM sent to Leo with logo samples!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by appatula
Thanks man! Hope you have been doing well, I can hook you up with whatever you need. If you've got H&R springs, Vogtland, eibach, ect or anything aftermarket I can make decals for practically anything. If you want to freshen up the engine bay ect. I can do 1/4" high text "Achtung" ect. I've even got some Di-Noc carbon fiber vinyl comming in. This stuff look so real its impressive, though you don't get that glossed over resin look. You still get that CF holographic effect with it and I can make decals or wrap anything with this stuff! I'll post pics of it when it comes in.

**PM sent to Leo with logo samples!
Will do man, once I have decided which stickers to get from you. Btw, I have a question: My friend has a W202 C280 and does not have a Carbon Fiber look in his door pillars. Is it possible for you to fabricate these since you mentioned about Carbon Fiber Vinyl coming in?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Check out what I found while perusing ebay....

CUSTOM WINDOW DECAL 6 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM

Watch this item

0 Bids
Buy It Now
$17.95
$21.95
Time left:14h 15m

Perhaps you will be going into business
Old 09-30-2010, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Haha possibly! I suppose I could undercut the fella . Right now I'm more interested in fulfilling some fellow enthusiasts decal needs. I like the designing aspect, looking for you guys to start shooting me some of your ideas as I can photoshop anything if you explain it. I've got all kinds of colors as well, even have some 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc vinyl....its used for wrapping but it looks so real its impressive and I can cut it with the plotter so that should make for some really neat decals.

Also guys, I'm not going to be charging an arm and a leg for this stuff, I enjoy doing it and just want to cover my supply costs. The AMG banner for instance I wouldn't charge a penny over 15 bux shipped, any color!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by Jovsky
Will do man, once I have decided which stickers to get from you. Btw, I have a question: My friend has a W202 C280 and does not have a Carbon Fiber look in his door pillars. Is it possible for you to fabricate these since you mentioned about Carbon Fiber Vinyl coming in?
Absolutley, I could wrap them in the Di-Noc really easily! To be honest however, I am working on a mold for those pieces right now.....for REAL carbon fiber. They should fit like the OEM stuff if everything goes well. Making full 4pc sets hopefully. Real carbon fiber pieces won't be cheap compared to the Di-Noc so thats something to consider and the di-noc is pretty darn close to the look of real carbon fiber.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C43 AMG
i was wondering how much it would cost you to make the lower part of my front and back bumper (like a diffuser)
Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 AM

Absolutley, I could wrap them in the Di-Noc really easily! To be honest however, I am working on a mold for those pieces right now.....for REAL carbon fiber. They should fit like the OEM stuff if everything goes well. Making full 4pc sets hopefully. Real carbon fiber pieces won't be cheap compared to the Di-Noc so thats something to consider and the di-noc is pretty darn close to the look of real carbon fiber.

Let me know Ben when you're done with this Carbon Fiber Door Pillars project and the selling cost. Thanks mate!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Quick update on some customer requests! Marcus sent me a photo of the MBCA emblem and I vectored it quite nicely, like I said any ideas are welcomed. If there is any interest in these I'll get some pricing going.

Jovsky, I'll keep you posted on my carbon fiber endeavors!
Old 10-07-2010, 01:41 PM

1995 C 36 AMG; 1992 W124 300E (M103 Ex Mosselman TT KIT) was 320hp @10psi now stock :(
wow ben, sweeeeeeet
Old 10-07-2010, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
pretty damn cool

I have a silver car lets come up with ideas for my hood
Old 10-07-2010, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by 97W202
pretty damn cool

I have a silver car lets come up with ideas for my hood

How about black checkers?

Or an ///AMG diagonally across the hood wrapping around to the fender?

Get creative!

Surprisingly, if done right it won't look tacky. I applied the vertical banner originally as a test piece and was planning to take it off right after. Figured it would be tacky, I looked at it and let it stay. A few compliments from complete strangers and some from friends days after is they only reason it stayed!
Old 10-09-2010, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C43 AMG
amg sticker that will fit in the rear quarter window?
Old 10-09-2010, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
How about black checkers?

Or an ///AMG diagonally across the hood wrapping around to the fender?

Get creative!

Surprisingly, if done right it won't look tacky. I applied the vertical banner originally as a test piece and was planning to take it off right after. Figured it would be tacky, I looked at it and let it stay. A few compliments from complete strangers and some from friends days after is they only reason it stayed!
Ya I feel like doing something odd like this but not checkers lol
Old 10-09-2010, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am a firm believer if it makes you happy then do it but we are getting close to the realm of rice here guys.... I will admit the decal on your windshield does look good but isn't very classy. Thats why I have always liked the AMG's, sporty but classy at the same time. Like I said before though, if YOU like it then who cares what anyone else thinks.

"You stay classy San Diego"
Old 10-09-2010, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here is a pic of a C63 from the AMG driving academy, I think the decal on the side looks cool. I still wouldn't want to put this on my DD though, looks great on a track car
Old 10-09-2010, 01:40 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
W210 DRFT BNZ
Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
I am a firm believer if it makes you happy then do it but we are getting close to the realm of rice here guys.... I will admit the decal on your windshield does look good but isn't very classy. Thats why I have always liked the AMG's, sporty but classy at the same time. Like I said before though, if YOU like it then who cares what anyone else thinks.

"You stay classy San Diego"
You're just too classy for us with your black wheels sitting with a silver lip.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jumph4x
You're just too classy for us with your black wheels sitting with a silver lip.
not sure what you are trying to imply here???

Some decal fun with my vinyl plotter!-8589939.jpg
Here us a pic of a Maybach with black rims and a machined lip...

Either way like I said before it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, if it makes you happy do it. The black rims with the machined lip make me happy If it makes you happy to load your AMG up with decals then do it...
Old 10-10-2010, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
I agree with you regarding classy. I will do everything I can do to avoid "Rice". Like I said, I was not convinced it would stay until the comments I received from a few old gentlemen coming out of a barbershop and approval from friends. Definitely not classy, though I don't consider lowering a vehicle classy either. Looking for more of a sporty appealing edge, as lets face it a stock AMG C is classy but not nearly a head turner to the unseasoned car enthusiast.

I agree with Denis on the black machined lip, its sporty, but no where near classy. Those don't belong on a Maybach .

Either way, AMG banners don't have to go on you're car! How about the toolbox or the wall of your garage? Just let me know if you need anything, any size guys, where you stick them is your business.

You can also use these as stencils! Need a custom paint mask cut? Need a mask for sandblasting? Let me know guys!
Old 10-10-2010, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree with you regarding classy. I will do everything I can do to avoid "Rice". Like I said, I was not convinced it would stay until the comments I received from a few old gentlemen coming out of a barbershop and approval from friends. Definitely not classy, though I don't consider lowering a vehicle classy either. Looking for more of a sporty appealing edge, as lets face it a stock AMG C is classy but not nearly a head turner to the unseasoned car enthusiast.

I agree with Denis on the black machined lip, its sporty, but no where near classy. Those don't belong on a Maybach .

Either way, AMG banners don't have to go on you're car! How about the toolbox or the wall of your garage? Just let me know if you need anything, any size guys, where you stick them is your business.

You can also use these as stencils! Need a custom paint mask cut? Need a mask for sandblasting? Let me know guys!
I agree the decals would great on the wall of a garage or something. Keep up the great work, you are doing what you like to do and keep getting better and better. You are truly an asset to this community
Old 10-10-2010, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by svt ricco
amg sticker that will fit in the rear quarter window?
hello?!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some decal fun with my vinyl plotter!