C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Leaking Coolant?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In search of W222
Leaking Coolant?

hey guys, i seem to be leaking coolant (greem is coolant right?) anyways.

I drove 300 miles, then the next day i came to my car and i had probably a cup full or so of coolant on the ground. then i checked it but and it seems to be leaking from the drivers side near the radiator of not from it.

I turned the engine on and off etc. and it doesnt leak while i drive. There seems to be a red pressure valve on the bottom of the radiator and maybe its comming from there. its only in little amounts after im done driving
Old 01-25-2011, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Originally Posted by bagelsjustbagel

I drove 300 miles, then the next day i came to my car and i had probably a cup full or so of coolant on the ground. then i checked it but and it seems to be leaking from the drivers side near the radiator of not from it.

I turned the engine on and off etc. and it doesnt leak while i drive. There seems to be a red pressure valve on the bottom of the radiator and maybe its comming from there. its only in little amounts after im done driving
Should figure it out soon as friction (lack of oil) and heat (lack of coolant) are the number one killers of engines.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:40 PM

1996 C36 AMG, 1970 LeMans Sport, a truck
look down the driver's side of the block to see if the waterpump is drooling.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM

In search of W222
Originally Posted by RANDY_P
look down the driver's side of the block to see if the waterpump is drooling.
Alright. This kinda scare me because i had to replace my waterpump 15,000 miles ago because it blewup and tore all my stuff to pieces(tubes cut and radiator shredded due to fan blowing up. but it should be fine now.

ill look.

also yea i know heat is bad the coolant isn't That low at all, its just little by little after each time i drive.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
2002 CLK430
Originally Posted by bagelsjustbagel

On a CLK, the red slotted valve on the bottom of the driver's side of the radiator is used to drain the system. Turn it one direction to empty, and another to close. You may want to ensure that it's tight. A flat head screwdriver is all that's needed.