C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Buyers beware!! I got scammed by Claus Ettensberger Corp. - CECWHEELS.COM -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Buyers beware!! I got scammed by Claus Ettensberger Corp. - CECWHEELS.COM -

Bought some Brabus doorpins from American Ebay.
Found pins I wanted for my car.

In the auction seller described them to fit all MB cars using threaded pins.
What did seller do, he sold me junk fake non-threaded Brabus doorpins.
They seemed to be used when I looked inside the hat, they were all rusty-looking.
And there were lots of chrome foil wrapping leftovers.

Brabus delivery plastic partsbag was a used worn plastic bag where he had glued a fake Brabus sticker onto, on the underside I noticed he had some other printed letters from another paper.
He ripped me off by selling me fake stuff made in China!!

I used to have these on my car before but sold them to someone else, these were not the same as the ones I used to have before.
Quality couldn'r even be compared between doorpins
I got scammed by Claus Ettensberger Corporation
Anyone know this deuschebag?
He didn't want to take responsibility for his cheating business!

This businessman is defiling his business-repution for a lousy $43 dollars, what an a$$!
With this info, I just want to warn everyone from dealing with non-serious businessmen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brabus-Alumi...-/300848983272
His site is www.cecwheels.com

If you're looking for Brabus parts, don't waste your money buying from this seller!

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 05-08-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 C36 AMG, 1998 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by kowalski
Bought some Brabus doorpins from American Ebay.
Found pins I wanted for my car.

In the auction seller described them to fit all MB cars using threaded pins.
What did seller do, he sold me junk fake non-threaded Brabus doorpins.
They seemed to be used when I looked inside the hat, they were all rusty-looking.
And there were lots of chrome foil wrapping leftovers.

Brabus delivery plastic partsbag was a used worn plastic bag where he had glued a fake Brabus sticker onto, on the underside I noticed he had some other printed letters from another paper.
He ripped me off by selling me fake stuff made in China!!

I used to have these on my car before but sold them to someone else, these were not the same as the ones I used to have before.
Quality couldn'r even be compared between doorpins
I got scammed by Claus Ettensberger Corporation
Anyone know this deuschebag?
He didn't want to take responsibility for his cheating business!

This businessman is defiling his business-repution for a lousy $43 dollars, what an a$$!
With this info, I just want to warn everyone from dealing with non-serious businessmen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brabus-Alumi...-/300848983272
His site is www.cecwheels.com

If you're looking for Brabus parts, don't waste your money buying from this seller!
Thanks for the heads up. What an ****. Get on ebay and file a complaint. If you used PayPal you can dispute the purchase too.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Banned

hey buddy

I received my pins too late and the paypal dispute was no longer valid.
I can't understand how some people running a business can be that stupeed getting negative feedback by not doing the right thing and reimbursing me for selling the wrong stuff.
Dude's german, I thought they were solid people, suits him more as a con man - dieb!
Diebe means thief in german.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
holy, that sux. sorry to hear about your experience. i am surprised ... CEC seems like a big and legit operation. did you try to contact them?
Old 05-09-2013, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 216 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Only 94,4% positive feedback. That can also show his shady business reputation perhaps...
Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
holy, that sux. sorry to hear about your experience. i am surprised ... CEC seems like a big and legit operation. did you try to contact them?
yes, I did contact him, he decided to keep my $43 dollars by selling the wrong pins and as a sidedish getting a bad reputation for free!
dude's a shady dieb (thief) for 43 dollars!

some businessmen are not ment to give 100% customer satisfaction since they don't have the skills for it.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
Only 94,4% positive feedback. That can also show his shady business reputation perhaps...
if you scroll down a bit on his Ebay advertising you see that he wrote 100% positive feedback.
what an a$$, he's got a few negative feedbacks!

best thing to do is to stay away from this seller!
he deserves a bit-hslap
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 PM

Mercedes E63 AMG
What are you talking about? I have purchased plenty of AUTHENTIC Brabus parts over the years at CEC! CEC used to be Brabus North America!!! Since they are no longer Brabus North America all their leftover Brabus inventory is on eBay for crazy blowout pricing. Where else can you get Brabus door pins for $29.99?? This eBay item shows Brabus door pins that CAN work on threaded door pins compared to older style door locks. You can even check part number with Brabus' website too!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
freight to australia $131.76 he could afford to give door pins for free
Old 05-09-2013, 09:37 PM

1999 MB C43 AMG
Originally Posted by benzguy22
What are you talking about? I have purchased plenty of AUTHENTIC Brabus parts over the years at CEC! CEC used to be Brabus North America!!! Since they are no longer Brabus North America all their leftover Brabus inventory is on eBay for crazy blowout pricing. Where else can you get Brabus door pins for $29.99?? This eBay item shows Brabus door pins that CAN work on threaded door pins compared to older style door locks. You can even check part number with Brabus' website too!
And it's your 1st post... right I'm going to believe you against a member that posts here on a daily basis.

Moving on !
Old 05-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Banned

look bro.
I only write the truth to warn others, either you are the same guy or a buddy to Claus defending him!
If you are Claus you could have avoided this embarassment by doing the right thing!
Meaning giving me a refund or replacing the wrong pins.
If this seller was genuine, he could have said he'll refund or would have replaced the wrong pins with the correct Brabus w202 pins.
He did nuthin'

He sold me the wrong ones on purpose, I clearly told Mr.Claus before I place the order I ONLY want threaded pins and nothing else, he said they were threaded and I trusted him!
Who's the sucker?
Him or me?
Earning an easy $43 dollars, now I know why some dishonest shops are eager to scam their customers, simply they don't sell enuff on daily basis to make money for their own paycheck.

Luckily, $43 dollars isn't a lot of money and I can live with this loss, it's the principle of good business that seller and buyer both are happy.
In this case only one person was happy and that person is the seller!
The aftershock for this seller, will be he loses future customers by getting bad reputation for a lousy $43 dollars!
I hope he can live with bad publicity or he's too rich not to care about his customers!

I don't want to put any glue into this doorpin to make it sit correct, I tried this pin on my car and without threads it won't sit properly, it's flappy.
Regarding parts plastic delivery bag, looks like he had xeroxed the Brabus # number-sticker from a used paper and taped this paper onto the plastic bag, not very professional thing to do, he maybe thought that I'm a hillbilly he can scam by not noticing that something isn't right!

Here's a word of advice.
If you run a business and want to make money, always be genuine and honest to your customers.
Getting bad publicity is suicide for a shop nowadays!

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 05-10-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
Cec is a pretty big company and they bought brabus, seems odd they would do this but you should call or email them bugging for either money back or the real product... Call your cc company but reading your post PayPal gives you a 30-45 day window and why you waited past that to do anything is retarded.. I'd be on there ***!!! It's the principal not the money.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Alexbenz
Cec is a pretty big company and they bought brabus, seems odd they would do this but you should call or email them bugging for either money back or the real product... Call your cc company but reading your post PayPal gives you a 30-45 day window and why you waited past that to do anything is retarded.. I'd be on there ***!!! It's the principal not the money.
I told him to ship my stuff to an american address, I didn't want to pay $141 dollars in shipping to europe.
I received my stuff recently and the 45 days paypal dispute was long overdue, I couldn't use it.
I trusted CECWHEELS that they would sell me the correct pins, they did not.
Now he didn't care when I contacted him about this problem.
Do you think it's correct that I let everyone know about this experiance, here on this MB-forum?
I'm not trying to sabotage anything for CECWHEELS, just telling the truth to warn others to be careful if dealing with CECWHEELS!

only thing for CECWHEELS to do is to come clean and make it all right again and then I will give him the justice he deserves.

short term thinking, not being an honest seller is a disaster for future business with new customers!

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 05-10-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
I told him to ship my stuff to an american address, I didn't want to pay $141 dollars in shipping to europe.
I received my stuff recently and the 45 days paypal dispute was long overdue, I couldn't use it.
I trusted CECWHEELS that they would sell me the correct pins, they did not.
Now he didn't care when I contacted him about this problem.
Do you think it's correct that I let everyone know about this experiance, here on this MB-forum?
I'm not trying to sabotage anything for CECWHEELS, just telling the truth to warn others to be careful if dealing with CECWHEELS!

only thing for CECWHEELS to do is to come clean and make it all right again and then I will give him the justice he deserves.

short term thinking, not being an honest seller is a disaster for future business with new customers!
Ouchoh damn....well if you paid through your checking account or credit card see if you can dispute it. Nothing with with what you did, I'm sure 98% of us would do the same...hopefully they'll step up and resolve it...did you try emailing or contacting them by phone?
Old 05-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Banned

i paid through ebay's integrated paypal system.
i emailed him twice, first time he came with BS that these pins needs professional installation like being glued onto the doorpins.
I told him I didn't want to do this.

I was expecting him to take full voluntery responsibility by getting me replacemnet pins or a full refund for the wrong pins.
He never replied back and I sent him my 2nd reply that I will give him negative feedback on all US MB-forums.
It's not more than fair to do this, letting everyone know that he shi-s his own pants for $43 dollars.

if you were in my shoes, you'd be pissed getting ripped off by a shop.
I hope CECWHEELS finds out about this dilemma, it will cost them even more than $43 dollars in lost income when people boycott them

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 05-10-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:57 PM

1995 C36 AMG, 1998 C43 AMG
lolololololol

i paid through ebay's integrated paypal system.
i emailed him twice, first time he came with BS that these pins needs professional installation like being glued onto the doorpins.
I told him I didn't want to do this.

I was expecting him to take full voluntery responsibility by getting me replacemnet pins or a full refund for the wrong pins.
He never replied back and I sent him my 2nd reply that I will give him negative feedback on all US MB-forums.
It's not more than fair to do this, letting everyone know that he shi-s his own pants for $43 dollars.

if you were in my shoes, you'd be pissed getting ripped off by a shop.
I hope CECWHEELS finds out about this dilemma, it will cost them even more than $43 dollars in lost income when people boycott them
What is your paypal linked to? If you used a balance from your account I'm not sure if you can do anything, but if PayPal took money from your bank account or charged your credit card for the purchase, you can go through them to recede the payment.

I would be doing the same for sure. If I were you I'd post some pictures here too just as backup evidence.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:52 PM

Designo AMG
Can you post pictures?
Old 05-11-2013, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C43 AMG
CEC is one of the big name tuners/shop in Southern California. Hopefully, they do what's right for their customers. Keep us posted

Last edited by svt ricco; 05-11-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nd4spd13
lolololololol

What is your paypal linked to? If you used a balance from your account I'm not sure if you can do anything, but if PayPal took money from your bank account or charged your credit card for the purchase, you can go through them to recede the payment.

I would be doing the same for sure. If I were you I'd post some pictures here too just as backup evidence.
sure i'll take some pictures

my paypal is linked to my bank account, which means I don't always deposit money to my paypal account which most of the times is empty.
when I pay via paypal through ebay, paypal automatically makes a withdrawal from my account, this is how it's linked.
can I contact paypal and make a dispute?

Latest purchase Brabus pins and and my previous pins with shiftknob I sold long time ago.
New pins vs old pins cannot be compared in build quality
New pins have wrapping foil leftovers inside the hat which my old pins never had.
New pins also looked rusty with scuffmarks inside the hat, they must had been used before

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 05-26-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Banned

I wonder where this ghostwriter went?
Old 05-13-2013, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
They sure don't look like the right stuff and more like cheap made ersatz...
Old 05-13-2013, 03:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
They sure don't look like the right stuff and more like cheap made ersatz...
sorry, i couldn't get better close ups, these pins from CECWHEELS are not the same as my others i used to have.
my original pins were much longer and threaded w/o foil leftovers inside the hat, new pins much shorter, no threads, comes with wrapping leftovers foil inside the hat.
i for sure got ripped off by CECWHEELS!
if they rip off customers for lousy $43 dollars i wonder what they will do next time to another buyer?
bad, bad, bad CECWHEELS
Old 07-23-2013, 06:32 AM
Banned

as ya all know I got jipped by CECWHEELS company.
Claus Ettenberger who owns CECWHEELS decided to run a scam on me to earn a lousy $43 dollars!
what a dick he is!
well, lesson learned, NEVER buy from CECWHEELS again as this shop is not serious!

this message applies to CECWHEELS, you want good feedback from your customers?
be honest about parts you sell, cheating customers for a buck gives you and your shop bad reputation!

and now for the good part.
I bought new Brabus doorpins, the correct version pins fitting both w202 and w203 cars.
these pins are longer than my previous pins and they also have a screwtype threads tube inside.

compare long pin vs shorter pin.

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 08-12-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:14 PM

2003s55amg
thanx for the info .u can always tell after the sale,mistakes ,hope you can get it resolved
Old 07-24-2013, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Do they make pins with the AMG logo?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buyers beware!! I got scammed by Claus Ettensberger Corp. - CECWHEELS.COM -