C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

W202 AMG Article

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 04:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1998 C43 Amg
I have plenty of stories with these bmws I have one more to tell. So when my cousin use to have a c32 pretty much stock with just intakes and exhaust. So one night were on a red light and a guy on a a brand new 335is roles up beside use. I role down my window and ask him what do you have in there he says exhaust,chip, and down pipe. So I say let's see what your car can do. I honestly thought this guy was going to smoke us. Of course with the double clutch transmisson. From 10mph to 60 he was only a car away after that the c32 just flew by him like a rocket I was shocked I couldn't believe it. How the he'll does a 9-10 year old car smoke a new 335is lol. AMGS are underrated factory freaks. Or it could of been luck but I heard those turbos roaring and he was pushing that 335is to the limit.

Last edited by vlad957; 05-02-2014 at 04:54 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlsson CM60 EX:C36AMG'96
Originally Posted by vlad957
I know this is off topic but after you said E92 m3 I rembererd a year ago I was driving my c43 and gave a little gas to an E92 m3. The 30-35 year old guy started following me. The funny thing was I was dusting him in turns and passing cars. He couldn't keep up. I passed 5 lights and he was always like 4 cars away from me. So on the last light I stopped on the red light and I had my window opened not knowing the guy with the m3 coming up to my window wanting to beat my *** because I smoked him and asking me why I did that. I laughed and drove off. Honestly the guy was trying to keep up he was so mad you guys should of seen the look on his face when my 16 year old amg dusted his new 90k m3 lol. I honestly feel that power under the hood matters but if you dont know how don't nos how to push your car to its limit then you're in trouble haha.
I think driver's skill was involved in the outcome of this. however a c36/43 with some mods and with proper maintenance can put up a decent fight, since our cars are lighter than most modern cars with around the same power output. besides all of that to me it doesnt matter if I will get smoked by a regular Mercedes or BMW. Just love the car for what it is, and under sporty driving it still puts a huge smile on my face. I think I speak for myself and most of the guys in here on the following. I could just buy an modern BMW/Mercedes or any car like that, but is misses the soul of a W202 AMG (or maybe a W124 5.0/6.0) Cars like the E60 M5 or E92 M3 are not to expensive to buy these days. However I choose to drive my c36 forever it`s special to me. Only the owner of a car can understand what a car means to him by his own perspective. Not saying it is the best car in the world. However it is my favorite