C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Intake Hoses/Snorkels for C43????

Old 01-06-2017, 01:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 Corvette Z06, 1999 E55 AMG
Intake Hoses/Snorkels for C43????

I ordered these off Pelican Parts and then I received an email stating they are no longer available.
I am wondering if anyone out there has these laying around and if you want to sell them? I bought this car and they were missing and I'm trying to return it back to it's original condition!
Here are the part numbers.
intake hoses: 1130940482 (left) 1130940382 (right)
Here is a picture I found on one of the threads.
Thanks very much.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
what did PO do with those snorcle tubes they are missing on your car?

what other parts is missing on your car?
Old 01-06-2017, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by kowalski
what did PO do with those snorcle tubes they are missing on your car?

what other parts is missing on your car?
They just minused it off my order. I still got the aftermarket oem fog lights though.
I was missing the front door speaker covers, fog lights, and those snorkels.
The car actually came with these aftermarket intakes that feed into the engine cover, but then stop before the grill and have two k&N air filters on each side. Kinda weird. I'll send a pic when I get home.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:56 PM

ACtually I just called the local dealership here in calgary, Canada and they have them but have to order them from Germany. All good.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 93 Posts
c43
Let us know if they can actually order those from Germany. Because I was looking for some a year ago and I was told they could be ordered but three days later they told me Germany said they are no longer available.

If thats the case for you i have a set I can sell you. I also have my modded air box for sale. Makes more hp and torque than stock. But looks stock just like oem.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:50 PM

When I bought the car this is what it came with. It kind of defeats the purpose of the factory cold air intake that connect through the back of the grill. If anyone can make sense of these please feel free. Otherwise I have no idea the purpose of these considering there are actual air filters (2)
Old 01-07-2017, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
They should have removed the filters in the air box after installing the after market ones. The after market ones you have there make power but once the engine compartment gets hot you will loose it as it will pull in hot air. It's really a simple fix, buy the oem and install, done. Toss the after market ones away or give them to someone if their in good shape.

I played around with many setups to get the most HP. Those open air filters inside the engine are not good.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by speed43
Let us know if they can actually order those from Germany. Because I was looking for some a year ago and I was told they could be ordered but three days later they told me Germany said they are no longer available.

If thats the case for you i have a set I can sell you. I also have my modded air box for sale. Makes more hp and torque than stock. But looks stock just like oem.
I'll let you know. I will call the dealership on Monday and confirm they are in transit.
thanks
Old 01-07-2017, 08:58 PM

They should have removed the filters in the air box after installing the after market ones. The after market ones you have there make power but once the engine compartment gets hot you will loose it as it will pull in hot air. It's really a simple fix, buy the oem and install, done. Toss the after market ones away or give them to someone if their in good shape.

I played around with many setups to get the most HP. Those open air filters inside the engine are not good.
thanks for the info
dumb qusation but how do I check to see if the stock filters were removed? Obviously I'll purchase them and I'll need gem when I get the stock snorkels in from mercedes
Old 01-07-2017, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
You have to remove the whole box from the engine. Than flip it backwards and you will see the screws to remove the back covers. There you will see them if they did not remove them. Also, can you take a picture after you remove the front cover? That's the one that says AMG on it. Just pull it up from the front and than the back. I'm curious to see if the last owner CUT the oem tubes to install the after market filters. Getting tubes to fit the air box not that easy because the inlet is not round but oval like I guess the shape of an egg sort off.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
i might be interested in buying your set up, i'd like to see what is under the cover as well. you may need a new box if P/O cut through to fit the piping. i definitely have an extra box we can work out as well if needed.

edit:
also, btw the SRI you have is not the worst thing in the world. w202C43 does not have a great intake so looks like P/O was trying to make it better. i believe with the SRI from a dead stop it does lose efficiency because of the heat that can build up during a stop, but once you get going say about 15-20 mph, you get fresh air that travels into the engine compartment and efficiency is gained. i am a bit uncomfortable with the set up only because i would rather see the filters just a little lower towards the front.

also if those are K&N filters, they are probably treated with oil which usually does a number on the MAF (an expensive part, but easy repair). the non-oil cone filters are around 50-60 a pop.

is that piping aluminum or rubber?

Last edited by mickey13; 01-08-2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by mickey13
i might be interested in buying your set up, i'd like to see what is under the cover as well. you may need a new box if P/O cut through to fit the piping. i definitely have an extra box we can work out as well if needed.

edit:
also, btw the SRI you have is not the worst thing in the world. w202C43 does not have a great intake so looks like P/O was trying to make it better. i believe with the SRI from a dead stop it does lose efficiency because of the heat that can build up during a stop, but once you get going say about 15-20 mph, you get fresh air that travels into the engine compartment and efficiency is gained. i am a bit uncomfortable with the set up only because i would rather see the filters just a little lower towards the front.

also if those are K&N filters, they are probably treated with oil which usually does a number on the MAF (an expensive part, but easy repair). the non-oil cone filters are around 50-60 a pop.

is that piping aluminum or rubber?
when I purchased the car they came with it. They aren't secured in the air box so I can turn them down more so they aren't so high. They actually say AMG on them so I'm not sure what the previous owner did.

They are a hard hard rubber but def not aluminum.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by peppyhead
when I purchased the car they came with it. They aren't secured in the air box so I can turn them down more so they aren't so high. They actually say AMG on them so I'm not sure what the previous owner did.

They are a hard hard rubber but def not aluminum.
if your goal is just to make it look oem than just install the stock tubes. If you're looking for better efficiency and performance you need a better intake setup. The stock air box is junk, I know most people will say that AMG used it so it must be good. Well it's not good, they too have budgets in making cars. So they did not invest in this very important area.

The air air box is so low at the mass air flow that the engine does not breath as it should/could. Need wings company and renntech has nice ones that will give performance and efficiency, and my speed43 air box will too. But again, if you just want oem looks than your set with installing the stock tubes. Want more performance get a better setup from whoever.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
yeah and just for the record. i think speed43 has a great fix for the intake. renntech was charging something like $2500 or $1500 for a similar product and it definitely retains an OEM look which the renntech didnt. you'd be hard pressed for the price to find something equal.

speed maybe you should post a few pictures installed to give him an idea, he might have not searched the forum on your boxes
Old 01-08-2017, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Before and after pics and reviews below. Don't pay attention to the price...

https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c...dy-orders.html

Last edited by speed43; 01-08-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:48 AM

It looks like you were right. I just got a call from the mercedes dealership and all they continued making the right side for some reason but still manufacture the left.
Anyway still looking for some sort of a fix. I'd be willing to trade these plus money or just buy the stock ones off somebody here if they are available?
Please let me know guys. Also Speed43, what do you have available? do you have pics?
Old 01-12-2017, 11:42 AM
Banned

used snorcles are available on ebay and dirt cheap, problem is you have to order them from europe
Old 01-12-2017, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
It looks like you were right. I just got a call from the mercedes dealership and all they continued making the right side for some reason but still manufacture the left.
Anyway still looking for some sort of a fix. I'd be willing to trade these plus money or just buy the stock ones off somebody here if they are available?
Please let me know guys. Also Speed43, what do you have available? do you have pics?
Yes that's what I was told too a year ago. Email me at geo3617(@)gmail.com if you want the offer below. Look at this link for pictures and reviews on the air box. https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c...dy-orders.html

Here's what I can offer you.

Custom modded air box good for proven 10Hp and 10 pounds of torque.
Engine cover, that the cover that's up in front of the engine.
Left and right air intake tubes, what you're missing.
Modded maf elbow for better air flow, engine breaths much better just like the modded air box. Goes really well with the air box.

And I will paint match (Matt black) the whole package so all the parts will look brand new. Your engine compartment will look very nice and OEM looking, yet your car will run so much better.

$450.00 for the whole package but you have to pay shipping. I will need your address to find out the price. Few months ago the air box by itself would have costed you the $450.00 so you're getting a nice deal.

Just email me if you're interested, I take PayPal for payments.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Here's a quick before and after pictures installed in Hayden's car. The TALLER air box is the modded one.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:22 PM

used snorcles are available on ebay and dirt cheap, problem is you have to order them from europe
I can't find them, can you paste the link?

thanks
Old 01-12-2017, 12:24 PM

Here's a quick before and after pictures installed in Hayden's car. The TALLER air box is the modded one.

Okay this looks pretty good.

How hard is it to install?
Old 01-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Banned

Sir, you've been served the link
It's on the first page on ebay for Mercedes C43 amg
Being lazy is good

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-C43...JXyJZj&vxp=mtr

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 01-12-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:49 PM

Sir, you've been served the link
It's on the first page on ebay for Mercedes C43 amg
Being lazy is good

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-C43...JXyJZj&vxp=mtr
Sorry. I did search it but I didn't have the correct words. I am just finding about shipping costs.
thanks very much.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:04 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2004 E55
Okay this looks pretty good.

How hard is it to install?
Super simple! Pop the airbox out of the 4 mounting tabs. Pull the harness out of its clip & let it rest right beneath the clip. Install the new airbox in reverse (works exactly as the OEM box would). Make sure the gasket is seated flush around the maf. Definitely one of my favorite things on my C43. 100% worth the money & George has been awesome to work with
Old 01-12-2017, 04:33 PM

Speed43, what is eta on delivery?

And do you sell the intake pipes seperatly as you mentioned in a post couple of days ago?

I am trying to get the car back to it's former glory and want to really see how it runs as I've only driven it once. I mentinoed when I first joined I got the car for $2800, which is a steal.

I still am interested I just want to see if you have the pipes to sell seperalty.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intake Hoses/Snorkels for C43????