C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Rebuild Front Calipers

Old 09-10-2017, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Ahhh, that's a shame,,

they seems NOT cleaned it & coated it well before paint it..!,

many companies get those rebuilt parts from junk yards, then rebuild them on bad & cheapest way,

my friend also got rebuild front 4-pot calipers last year,,

3 pistons not working, stuck badly, due to bad lubricant & really bad sealing..!?!?!?

-;ZAYED;-
Old 09-10-2017, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
Yeah, next set I get I will take off the finish and see what is underneath. I have a feeling that the sealant they use has to be heated to cure. When I worked construction as an iron worker they would put on a red paint to stop the iron from dusting but it had to be heated before it would cure.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Jeeeesus did you drive in sea water to get so much rust?
They defo need paint protection
Old 09-11-2017, 07:01 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Miki13.

I don't think Centric parts are any good!?
If your rebuilt calipers rusted in a short use of time, it shows what kind of rebuilds this company do!

If you have to bake the caliper for paint to cure then this is no good for customers buying Centric parts.

Don't they test their rebuild items in their facility for rust issues and braking functionality?

it's stupeed they don't powder coat calipers at the factory when they rebuild these calipers.

if your replacements rust again, charge your money back
Old 09-11-2017, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
^^..Good Write up & fully agree..^^

-;ZAYED;-
Old 09-14-2017, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
ok so JCWhitney, the company that sold me the calipers was very good to me. they sent me a replacement right front caliper immediately. in fact it is here and it looks very nice as did the originals they sent. i will sand off some of the finish to see what is underneath before i paint and clearcoat.

but... the left front caliper is out of stock. and that is a big problem BECAUSE my 90 day warranty is about to expire. after a very little arguing with them, just really very little because the customer service girl was having a problem understanding that refunding my core deposit doesnt mean they dont owe me a core if i return the product... anyway she ran off and talked to her manager and said i should keep the centric caliper and have a refund.

well i really didnt want to sand and clean any rusty calipers, its too much work really for the cost of just buying a refurbed one, so we'll see what happens next. i am waiting for centric to get another in stock i guess.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5
Originally Posted by mickey13
ok so JCWhitney, the company that sold me the calipers was very good to me. they sent me a replacement right front caliper immediately. in fact it is here and it looks very nice as did the originals they sent. i will sand off some of the finish to see what is underneath before i paint and clearcoat.

but... the left front caliper is out of stock. and that is a big problem BECAUSE my 90 day warranty is about to expire. after a very little arguing with them, just really very little because the customer service girl was having a problem understanding that refunding my core deposit doesnt mean they dont owe me a core if i return the product... anyway she ran off and talked to her manager and said i should keep the centric caliper and have a refund.

well i really didnt want to sand and clean any rusty calipers, its too much work really for the cost of just buying a refurbed one, so we'll see what happens next. i am waiting for centric to get another in stock i guess.
I replaced my front calipers with the centrics years ago and had no issues. I did a write up on it. I painted them with VHT paint and gloss along with the rotor hats. I used a silver paint pen to paint in the AMG logo before I added the gloss. I baked the rotors but let the heat from the braking process cure the paint on the calipers. Worked out great, just make sure you have a couple days without rain. Years later they still look awesome. I would snap a pic but my C43 is 2,500 miles away If you search for the thread you see the step by step process I did with pics. I replaced them because I stripped out threading on the brake line when installing the stop tech SS brake lines