C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

1995 C36

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2020 | 12:50 PM

1986 190 2.3-16V, 1992 500E, 2000 ML55
I’m here! The car is nearly complete.

Two updates:

1. The dash was cracked due to age and I have sourced a replacement.

2. I have wood being sent to Madera Concepts for refinishing. I actually assembled a complete set of wood from other C36s and am having them refinished to match a darker stain found in a W212. I always felt that the wood detracted from the aggressiveness of the look AMG gave the car. A darker stain would blend better to the anthracite dash but I did not want to pick a stain which was not something MB would never use.

As soon as this is done, I think the car will get some paint protection on the front clip and then window film to eliminate UV rays (so keeping it as true to the look it had when it rolled off the factory line.

I definitely have been lax in getting more pictures
Old 10-21-2020 | 12:54 PM

Red 1995 C36
Originally Posted by Ntrepid
I’m here! The car is nearly complete.

Two updates:

1. The dash was cracked due to age and I have sourced a replacement.

2. I have wood being sent to Madera Concepts for refinishing. I actually assembled a complete set of wood from other C36s and am having them refinished to match a darker stain found in a W212. I always felt that the wood detracted from the aggressiveness of the look AMG gave the car. A darker stain would blend better to the anthracite dash but I did not want to pick a stain which was not something MB would never use.

As soon as this is done, I think the car will get some paint protection on the front clip and then window film to eliminate UV rays (so keeping it as true to the look it had when it rolled off the factory line.

I definitely have been lax in getting more pictures
Good to see you’re doing well and still making progress! I’ve been bad about uploading photos as well lol.

Have you been driving it yet?