C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

C43 m113k swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 02:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
1999 SLK 5.5L 6-speed, 1993 300 SE
Originally Posted by NA202
Hey @g60wall has there been any updates with your timing map? Or any more info that your willing to share? I've been seriously following this build the one thing I'm curious about is how you got the stock cluster to work, assuming it all works besides tach and speedo? Or is that a disadvantage of not staying 2.0 and going after market ECU? Also a question for @loggato running 2.8.1 on the engine/harness outside of the ECU. Any progress with that EIS harness? I will also be your first customer lol plus I'm always willing to brainstorm for free lol. Do you expect your 2.8 build to be able to work with stock cluster? Also when running 2.8 are you making a hybrid ECU box for the tcu plug? I guess that depends what trans you use? Are you planning to use the c43 trans or the 55k trans? Wich trans are you running @g60wall ?
I got as far as getting everything to work outside the car then fried my EIS when installing it in my SLK. That's when I determined that the technology was just too finicky and decided on ole trusty MegaSquirt. If I had a fresh EIS and ECU I would give it another go as I want to use my 4.3L in another donor car at some point. The speedometer will work because it uses the 4 speed sensors for speed, and I'd be willing to bet coolant temp will come from the same source between 2.0 and 2.8. if not, find the 2 wires that go to the coolant sensor from the ECU and run em yourself. Tac is the tricky one because it might be CAN based.

for those that havent seen, heres my ME2.8 running outside the car.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Originally Posted by cm60k
Really not worth the big headache with much $$$$ for 55K..!?!,,

prefer to go with N/A 5.4L,,

"headers/cams/ported Head with Titanium valves & springs/Ported TB/bigger injectors/Phenolic spacers for head & TB/900Nm gearbox with valve body/LSD diff./custom ECU-remap",

if you do all these perfectly, i don't think you will seeking for 55K swap anymore..

-;ZAYED;-
Well I have to agree as nobody has realised this swap successfully and those who have, keep their solutions under lock and key.
However modifying the 5.4 n/a will also cost a sizable amount. Getting the same kind of power as the 5.4k is probably possible but at what price. There must be a solution to get the electronics talking the same language, but I think the the demand is too small to get a decent ROI. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230
Thanks for getting back to me @loggato in your video it looks like your running a NA 55 on 2.8? I thought you were also working on a 55k? Anyways, how did you fry your EIS? I see you mentioned you might switch to a megasquirt, does using megasquirt have any effect on the tcu or transmission?

Also does anyone have any info on if the tach is can based or not?

Also can anyone link me to the Facebook build this guy quit? Does he share exactly what details he ran into that made him reconsider his build when it seemed fairly close to completion? I'd like to know more details on what went on here if anyone can link me to more data or is willing to talk to me privately I'd really appreciate it! Best of luck to all who tackle this. I swear if and when I make this work I will provide a full write up with all my knowledge and overcoming. Help me get there so we can all get there!
Old 03-05-2019, 09:12 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
1999 SLK 5.5L 6-speed, 1993 300 SE
Originally Posted by NA202
Thanks for getting back to me @loggato in your video it looks like your running a NA 55 on 2.8? I thought you were also working on a 55k? Anyways, how did you fry your EIS? I see you mentioned you might switch to a megasquirt, does using megasquirt have any effect on the tcu or transmission?

Also does anyone have any info on if the tach is can based or not?

Also can anyone link me to the Facebook build this guy quit? Does he share exactly what details he ran into that made him reconsider his build when it seemed fairly close to completion? I'd like to know more details on what went on here if anyone can link me to more data or is willing to talk to me privately I'd really appreciate it! Best of luck to all who tackle this. I swear if and when I make this work I will provide a full write up with all my knowledge and overcoming. Help me get there so we can all get there!
yes it was a N/A 55. and I haven't done a 55k yet. as explained to me by a few: The biggest issue with the EIS is that if you replace your battery, simply just putting a new good battery in could mean too much voltage can get to it a fry a few things (as for what specifically, I'm not sure) I believe it has to do with the voltage regulators they have. I had mine all wired up, and then in my series of unhooking the battery, then hooking it back up, it must have caused it to stop working. I know it stopped because I could no longer access the EIS through my SDS.

Megasquirt will have no issue as long as you leave the stock ECU in and leave the things it needs to think there's an engine there. (coolant temp, Crank PS, Cam PS, Throttle PS etc.) you can even wire the MegaSquirt to the Throttle PS wire from your stock throttle body - so you will still have the stock ECU controlling idle and cruise control!
Old 03-19-2019, 10:36 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 E63s
Well, I gave up went back N/A. Did a lot of data logging, durning the process of pulling the k motor out I found my eBay headers had warped. I presumed this was the cause of my misfires and not my tuning but I was already mid swap. I bought a clk55 209 and I swapped the k motor into that and put the N/A motor back in the c43. Well after seeing so many people sad that I gave up and knowing I had the tune close I was fighting mechanical issues, I decide to top swap the N/A motor.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:25 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
'99 C43, '88 560SL
how hard is that job to do? can you use a pulley to run serpintine belt on supercharger or do you need the k engine crank pulley too?
Old 10-08-2020, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W202 C43 Sadan, W203 C320 Estate,
Originally Posted by nkctb7

Awesome job! I’m guessing that you swapped transmissions as well! How did you get around the software compatibility issues with the supercharger?
It looks like a 2000. He might go with the last version of the 5 speed but it is the same transmission.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
well with top swapping it you might run into the same issues since the ecu on the c43 is set for a high compression N/A engine. I want to see how you go about tuning the ecu to go into boost. Maybe a piggy back off the ecu will make it work as a bolt on kit.
Old 03-31-2024, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W202 C180 and W202 C240 aswel as Audi S8 D3
I been meaning to do this, damn cant believe how difficult it is. I Applaud all u guys that have tried it. I hope to see it work soon. If i dont might just have to focus on the e55k w211. Sad face 😞