C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Anybody heard of this term "DeCarbonization"?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W202
Anybody heard of this term "DeCarbonization"?

One of my friend took his little Nissan to a local shop that claim to have this fancy cleaning system that would safely "Decarbonize" the internal of the engine.......He had been extremely happpy with the result and talked me into get it done to my old C36 since it's almost 120K miles...

I am just a bit concern since I couldn't find too much info anywhere about this thing "Power Clean 2000" (yes, a very lame name)....

Anyone heard of it?
Old 06-25-2004, 03:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
try calling Claridges in Fremont, i think the last time i took my car there, i recal the servive tech trying to push this on me. the name Power Clean 2000 sounded very familiar. he basically said it was a full engine flush for the internals. anyways, try them maybe you might get the information your looking for.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:47 AM

Nothing
Believe it or not, but there is a very simple way for you to do it yourself. Take a small bottle of brakefluid (200ml) and have it sucked into the intake. the fluid not the bottle (lol). It will smoke as hell, but it decarbonise the system very well. I used to do this alot when I was still racing.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by AMG FANATIC
Believe it or not, but there is a very simple way for you to do it yourself. Take a small bottle of brakefluid (200ml) and have it sucked into the intake. the fluid not the bottle (lol). It will smoke as hell, but it decarbonise the system very well. I used to do this alot when I was still racing.
Nice way to mess the CAT.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:27 AM
Almost a Member!

W202
Originally posted by AMG FANATIC
Hm......Sounds interesting.....

Maybe I can try that on my friend's little rice rocket that is running straight pipe.

Will that mess up the gaskets and seals??
Old 06-25-2004, 07:29 AM

Nothing
Originally posted by miroj
Nice way to mess the CAT.
Oops! You're right, I forgot about the cat. Obviously my race car didn't have one.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
SeaFoam can be sucked into the intake for cleaning. You poor about half the bottle in while it is running. Then shut off the engine for about 5-10 minutes then start her up and she will smoke and run like crap, but all the **** gets burned off and walla a supposed clean engine.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Almost a Member!

'86 2.3-16 '93 320TE '97 C36
Re: Anybody heard of this term "DeCarbonization"?

Originally posted by Joe Lee
One of my friend took his little Nissan to a local shop that claim to have this fancy cleaning system that would safely "Decarbonize" the internal of the engine.......He had been extremely happpy with the result and talked me into get it done to my old C36 since it's almost 120K miles...

I am just a bit concern since I couldn't find too much info anywhere about this thing "Power Clean 2000" (yes, a very lame name)....

Anyone heard of it?
if it really does need de-carboning (or de-coking) you're prob not driving it properly "in the spirit that was intended"
Take it for an Italian tune up regularly there shouldn't be any need
Old 07-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Almost a Member!

W202
Too late, I tried it already....

Yeah, I know I don't really need it.....but since my friend praise it so much, I went and tried it.

And it worked!

I got 2 WAV sound clip of idle from before and after the cleaning. It SEEMS it's idling in slight lower pitch.

Couldn't notice any power gain at all though

But the biggest different I notice was the fuel consumption.
I got anywhere about 19.5 MPG before the work, it is now averaging 21.5 MPG in the past 800 mile I put on the car.

Cool~

And thanks for all the advice&tricks. I think I am gonna try all those tricks on my friends rice rocket. :v