C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Comfort control module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 11:15 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
'99 C43, '88 560SL
Originally Posted by Killahbee
I wasn't able to because the Mercedes repair shop i went to tried to rob me by basically saying "i have a weak brake caliper in the rear and its 500 to fix," and after that they can work on the CAN BUS. Any who i went to my brothers shop and he fixed it on the alignment lift, went back to them and they told me "I don't wana work on your car." Anyways I know a supra guy who worked at Mercedes thats going to look at it on their free time, but i was brainstorming about the windows and if the windows always work when i restart the battery except the sunroof, then the sunroof is faulty and causes the front windows to stop working, since they're on the CAN BUS.
Wow what a shady Benz shop. Theres so many different things it could be I'd love to see some diag work before I guess what it could be
Old 09-21-2019, 12:19 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
'99 C43, '88 560SL
I wasn't able to because the Mercedes repair shop i went to tried to rob me by basically saying "i have a weak brake caliper in the rear and its 500 to fix," and after that they can work on the CAN BUS. Any who i went to my brothers shop and he fixed it on the alignment lift, went back to them and they told me "I don't wana work on your car." Anyways I know a supra guy who worked at Mercedes thats going to look at it on their free time, but i was brainstorming about the windows and if the windows always work when i restart the battery except the sunroof, then the sunroof is faulty and causes the front windows to stop working, since they're on the CAN BUS.
haven't heard from ya in a while, I found some diagnostic steps for you to try next time the windows stop working so we can 100% confirm its the can network causing these problems. its probably easier if we just narrow down and pick one thing to work on at a time. when you see these photos ( N69/1 ) is your Front driver side door control module, it talks over a can network to the window switches on your center console. If that has power and your windows still dont work, I would check continuity between the door control module and the voltage distribution block on your passenger front door sill, and then the voltage distribution block to the window switches.

Also, I believe mickey13 has a pretty good set of the ground points for the w202 if you need help finding those

This is the door control module ( N69/1 )

These are the diag. steps for your driver window

these are the diag steps for your driver side mirror

Last edited by brad_c43; 09-21-2019 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added ground info
Old 09-21-2019, 02:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Thanks for your input ill check into it. On the other hand I'm attacking the p1747 error and it boils down to the instrument cluster, so i removed it and I'm going to replace it with a fresh one, my cluster is missing bulbs that have to deal with the SRS, and the warranty seal has been tampered with. I don't think any electronic issue in this car has to do with bad continuity because it's never been in an accident or been pulled apart from what i can see, so their can't be any wire breaks. Most of the problems stems from old modules that have problems with relays clicking over due to age. In a case with my seats when i got the car the seats would move when they want to, now that i replaced the relay it works all day and night. The windows all work, but the sunroof never worked, and that leads to the windows working on Monday and only the front windows and mirrors not working by Friday. Ill keep an update.

Last edited by Killahbee; 09-21-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c220 w202 1997 2.2 d
Thanks for your input ill check into it. On the other hand I'm attacking the p1747 error and it boils down to the instrument cluster, so i removed it and I'm going to replace it with a fresh one, my cluster is missing bulbs that have to deal with the SRS, and the warranty seal has been tampered with. I don't think any electronic issue in this car has to do with bad continuity because it's never been in an accident or been pulled apart from what i can see, so their can't be any wire breaks. Most of the problems stems from old modules that have problems with relays clicking over due to age. In a case with my seats when i got the car the seats would move when they want to, now that i replaced the relay it works all day and night. The windows all work, but the sunroof never worked, and that leads to the windows working on Monday and only the front windows and mirrors not working by Friday. Ill keep an update.
Any updates? I have a similar problems, windows go out intermitently until i plug and unplug the battery, i don't have the x37 connector, It's either the sam or the control modules in each door, if fixing-replacing the sam doesn't fix it, i will look at the window control modules, as the rear window motors are disconnected and still the failture is the same.
Old 04-03-2024, 11:38 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by Cuboy
Any updates? I have a similar problems, windows go out intermitently until i plug and unplug the battery, i don't have the x37 connector, It's either the sam or the control modules in each door, if fixing-replacing the sam doesn't fix it, i will look at the window control modules, as the rear window motors are disconnected and still the failture is the same.

All have X37 it's in the passanger side footwell under the glove compartment behind the plastic panel by where your right leg would be if you were in that seat. Aside from that, it's simple just change all the motors in the door. Car is old that's all.
Old 04-06-2024, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
1999 C43 AMG, 2005 E55 Wagon
My 94 C280 had the comfort control relay behind battery. My 99 C43 does not.
Old 04-06-2024, 11:57 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by Sulaco
My 94 C280 had the comfort control relay behind battery. My 99 C43 does not.
94 is pre facelift. 97 is modern CAN bus. The door modules with the motor are the control relays themselves.