Sponsored by:

New C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 11:29 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by arnold0523
ALL C43s in the US had been delayed until late December - as told a hour ago by my dealer. They told me it would release soon just two days ago.

Finger crossed.
As others have said, I would take that with a grain of salt. Then again, it doesn't seem too far fetched considering MB's recent track record with delays. Only way to truly find out is to contact MB corporate. I just hope the coupes are not affected.

As a side note, I just found out that you can option Nappa leather for the c43.. Now I'm left teetering on the idea of changing my build, 5k is a hefty price though.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:03 AM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Tej7
As others have said, I would take that with a grain of salt. Then again, it doesn't seem too far fetched considering MB's recent track record with delays. Only way to truly find out is to contact MB corporate. I just hope the coupes are not affected.

As a side note, I just found out that you can option Nappa leather for the c43.. Now I'm left teetering on the idea of changing my build, 5k is a hefty price though.

I saw that too, but quickly decided I don't think it's worth it. But guess it depends on what you are looking for from your build, I think the diamond pattern looks more luxurious, but I'm trying to have mine more of a sporty build. Plus the extra cost is a hard to pill to swallow as my build price already spiraled out of control lol

P.S. Well and my build already in production, so no changing now anyways!
Old 09-03-2016, 11:54 AM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Master-Spud
I saw that too, but quickly decided I don't think it's worth it. But guess it depends on what you are looking for from your build, I think the diamond pattern looks more luxurious, but I'm trying to have mine more of a sporty build. Plus the extra cost is a hard to pill to swallow as my build price already spiraled out of control lol

P.S. Well and my build already in production, so no changing now anyways!
Yeah, fair point. It would be very nice to have, just don't think it would be the right fit for the 43.

Oh man, congrats buddy! The days seem to be going by so slow for me haha.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:12 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
N/A
I think I would have been tempted by this seat/interior option had it been available on the UK spec. builds, but 5K is a lot extra. I think the Bengal red is a deeper red as well which looks really nice.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
This is rediculouse..if they are going to hold the c43 till December I guess I better start looking at something else
Old 09-05-2016, 02:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG C43 Coupe on order
Hi all. New member and 1st post

I ordered my first ever new car as an AMG C43 Coupe....coming out of a BMW 4GC and this will also be my 1st ever Merc!

C43 Spec:
Cavansite Blue Metallic
Premium Plus Package
AMG twin-spoke wheels, 19", with mixed-size tyres
AMG matt silver glass-fibre trim / aluminium with light longitudinal-grain
leather black
Privacy Glass
AMG Performance seats
Head-up-Display (HUD)

Managed to get 12% discount

My initial order was quoting 29-10-2016 for delivery.
Now I've had a confirmed delivery date of 15th Nov for 19th collection.
This was after the dealer was able to do a "spec-ammend" to an existing order they had.
I'm still being told it may come in a week earlier??

From reading through this thread I cant work out if the dealer will yet know the vin no. or build date???

Super excited, but now realise I cant track the car (as you can with BM) unless you use the shipping company, once its been built.

Test drove the C63 and M4, but the C43 was the all round sweet spot for me.

Last edited by Bricktrix; 09-05-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW
Originally Posted by Bricktrix

I ordered my first ever new car as an AMG C43 Coupe....coming out of a BMW 4GC and this will also be my 1st ever Merc!

C43 Spec:
Cavansite Blue Metallic
Premium Plus Package
leather black
Privacy Glass
AMG Performance seats
Head-up-Display (HUD)

This was after the dealer was able to do a "spec-ammend" to an existing order they had.

From reading through this thread I cant work out if the dealer will yet know the vin no. or build date???

Super excited, but now realise I cant track the car (as you can with BM) unless you use the shipping company, once its been built.

bricktrix from bimmer forum? I have also ditched my 4gc for a c43! sadly the tracking is nowhere near as good as BMW! Dealer can find out though!!

Personally could not not get on with my 4GC! Also can't wait
The following users liked this post:
Bricktrix (09-05-2016)
Old 09-05-2016, 03:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG C43 Coupe on order
Originally Posted by richtw
bricktrix from bimmer forum? I have also ditched my 4gc for a c43! sadly the tracking is nowhere near as good as BMW! Dealer can find out though!!

Personally could not not get on with my 4GC! Also can't wait
Um...I might be depending whos asking? Yeah, ok, tis me

So another BM defector eh? Certainly appears these cars are ticking the right boxes with people....think your the 4th that I know of on there who have ordered now.

Just had an email from my dealer saying he will let me know as soon as he does, but my cars a little while off leaving the factory yet.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
N/A

C43 Spec:
Cavansite Blue Metallic
Premium Plus Package
leather black
Privacy Glass
AMG Performance seats
Head-up-Display (HUD)

Our's should hopefully be built this week, delivery end of the month. Defecting from a Z4 35i.
Bricktrix (09-05-2016)
Old 09-05-2016, 05:02 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
Um...I might be depending whos asking? Yeah, ok, tis me

So another BM defector eh? Certainly appears these cars are ticking the right boxes with people....think your the 4th that I know of on there who have ordered now.

Just had an email from my dealer saying he will let me know as soon as he does, but my cars a little while off leaving the factory yet.
Welcome to the community here. You wouldn't think (BMW fan boys defecting) so going by the rabid wars and trashing contest on E90Post. I have been a long time member for many years and owned BMWs for 20yrs. But like you am new here and rocking my first Merc. I was waiting on an M3 allocation then test drove C300, C450 AMG, went back to BMW drove M4 for back to back feel, decided I wanted the M4, but could never seem to pull the trigger. One boring weekend I go over to Merc dealer to see what they have, found a C63S in silver test drove it, and got infected. I told my CA I was not going to buy, but was mighty impressed. I came back two days later asked to work out a deal on a new Diamond White C63S Sedan.

All the noise is the few overzealous fans who wouldn't admit someone else came to market with an as good or better product. I'll happily hop brands to whoever tickles my fancy. And yes I did also feel the C450 AMG was also better than the 440i or 340i too.
Bricktrix (09-05-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 08:37 AM

C43 Coupe

Well after mashing the ship tracking page for the last few days it has finally paid off! Looks like my car is now loaded on a ship and should be landing in Halifax on Sept 19th, then I imagine hop on a rail car and make it's way to Alberta!

Pretty happy considering I was only supposed to go into production Sept 10-19. So I'm basically 2 weeks ahead of schedule give or take!

Last edited by Master-Spud; 09-06-2016 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:08 AM

C43 Coupe

Well after mashing the ship tracking page for the last few days it has finally paid off! Looks like my car is now loaded on a ship and should be landing in Halifax on Sept 19th, then I imagine hop on a rail car and make it's way to Alberta!

Pretty happy considering I was only supposed to go into production Sept 10-19. So I'm basically 2 weeks ahead of schedule give or take!
How did you get your VIN if your car is ahead of schedule?
Old 09-06-2016, 09:09 AM

C43 Coupe
My SA gave me the VIN when the car went into production. He was checking something else for me on the build and noticed it was already in construction.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:11 AM

C43 Coupe
My SA gave me the VIN when the car went into production. He was checking something else for me on the build and noticed it was already in construction.
Ah, I see, I'm gonna have to ask my guy to check for me as well. It won't be long now spud!
Old 09-06-2016, 09:16 AM

C43 Coupe
Well I should correct, he told me it was in production, then I had to bug him to give me the VIN so I could track it coming across lol... I've pretty much had to bug him for any information I've got. But imagine lots of people just order and they don't hear from them till they are ready to pick up the car. I'm a little more needy I guess when it comes to information lol
Old 09-06-2016, 09:30 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Well I should correct, he told me it was in production, then I had to bug him to give me the VIN so I could track it coming across lol... I've pretty much had to bug him for any information I've got. But imagine lots of people just order and they don't hear from them till they are ready to pick up the car. I'm a little more needy I guess when it comes to information lol
I'm the same way. I originally ordered my C450 back in February/March and then cancelled it in April/May so that I could order a C43 Coupe instead (I believe I formally placed that order in June, I ordered whatever day 1 of orders being accepted was)...so, seeing that he's been dealing with me for 6+ months currently , I've been trying to take it easy on my dealer lately, haha.

I'm holding out my silence until mid-month and then I'm going to email him to ask for any updates on my build (scheduled for production in Decade 3 of this month).
Old 09-06-2016, 09:46 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
But imagine lots of people just order and they don't hear from them till they are ready to pick up the car. I'm a little more needy I guess when it comes to information lol
Or they get tired of dealing with an SA who does not understand how to communicate or just doesn't want to take the time (2 mins?) to check order status and (2 mins?) to send an email or text.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:39 AM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Biggreenogg
Or they get tired of dealing with an SA who does not understand how to communicate or just doesn't want to take the time (2 mins?) to check order status and (2 mins?) to send an email or text.
I agree with this. SA's should be courteous enough to send updates on their own, even more so if they're requested by the customer. After all, it's the best or nothing
Old 09-06-2016, 11:45 AM

C43 Coupe
Honestly I don't know why they don't just have an online tracking system that customers can check... 5 dollar item from amazon I can track every step of the way, 80 000 dollar car, can't know anything until you get a call from the dealer lol Time to update their system and get with the times.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:43 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan

Their motto seems to be "yesterday's technology tomorrow"

Seems true for customer-facing tech and the tech in the cars.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan

C43 Spec:
Cavansite Blue Metallic
Premium Plus Package
leather black
Privacy Glass
AMG Performance seats
Head-up-Display (HUD)

Congratulations! I'm in the process of defecting from BMW myself. Coming from a 535d (530d outside the US), wanting something smaller and faster. HATE the steering on all the F30 variants, and was kind of surprised that a Mercedes checked most of my boxes, but here we are. Going the sedan route, as I need use of the backseat for little ones.

Unfortunately, no self-service tracking for orders, like you get with BMW. I do miss that part. Need to call your SA to get status updates.

My vehicle is in production for delivery next month. Trying to get my SA to repeat that statement as often as possible, so I can guilt them into a better deal if the rumored delay materializes. Confirmed today that they've heard nothing so far.
Bricktrix (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 11:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
C43 in Australia!

For those in Australia, C43s are now at dealerships for test drives! I enjoyed one yesterday

Hopefully only another 4 weeks wait for my own...
Declan C (09-08-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S5, C43 arriving soon
Originally Posted by stixpicks
For those in Australia, C43s are now at dealerships for test drives! I enjoyed one yesterday

Oh nice - Mercedes Benz Sydney says they don't have their demonstrator till early October
Old 09-08-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Polar White C43 Sedan

So how was it to drive? If you've driven a C450 any comparison thoughts?
Old 09-08-2016, 01:20 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Details, bro. Details.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: New C43