Sponsored by:

C43 vs C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 09:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C63 AMG COUPE
C43 vs C63

Hello guys well, after my local dealer telling me that they have to replace the engine of my brand new C450 AMG, due to water damage. i have a doubt. Is it really worth the upgrade from the c43 to the c63 for everyday driving ? besides the ridiculous power the c63 and beautiful rumble has, is it really with the extra dineros ?

Any advice from present C63 owners will be appreciate it.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Enrique Borunda
Hello guys well, after my local dealer telling me that they have to replace the engine of my brand new C450 AMG, due to water damage. i have a doubt. Is it really worth the upgrade from the c43 to the c63 for everyday driving ? besides the ridiculous power the c63 and beautiful rumble has, is it really with the extra dineros ?

Any advice from present C63 owners will be appreciate it.
The mct transmission may drive some people nuts for the daily commute particularly in bumper to bumper

Some regard the Amg chassis as very stiff and may also not be conducive to the DD

that being said the smiles gained from WOT on an Amg by far outweigh those issues for most

The power difference between the c450 and c63 is significant and i would love to hear the guy that says it's not

Rwd may be a deal breaker for those who don't want to change into winter wheels and rims

Good luck

Last edited by PeterUbers; 08-15-2016 at 09:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Enrique Borunda (08-15-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 11:40 PM

2017 C63 AMG COUPE
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
The mct transmission may drive some people nuts for the daily commute particularly in bumper to bumper

Some regard the Amg chassis as very stiff and may also not be conducive to the DD

that being said the smiles gained from WOT on an Amg by far outweigh those issues for most

The power difference between the c450 and c63 is significant and i would love to hear the guy that says it's not

Rwd may be a deal breaker for those who don't want to change into winter wheels and rims

Good luck
Thanx for the great input, well, i live in Mexico and i dont have to change summer to winter tires, i have never driven a C63 and love the exhaust note but as a daily driver and becomeing my only car, i have doubts if i should go in that direction.

The ren flats on my C450 made the ride a little harsh, beside this, i loved the car, fast, light driven and great exhaust sound.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG C63
It depends on how you define everyday driving. If you're opening up the car frequently in S+ and stretching the legs, I'd say go for it. If daily driving consist of bumper to bumper and mostly in comfort mode and you rarely get to hear that sweet exhaust, keep the C43. The premium cost for this car is only worth it if you're able to use all of it's power and share that nasty downshift exhaust sound with others around you. If its the creature comforts you want, that can be had with a lesser model. IMHO.
Enrique Borunda (08-16-2016)
Old 08-16-2016, 11:34 AM

2017 C63 AMG COUPE
Last year i bought a C250 with the AMG sport package and i loved it, but then C450 came out and i just loved the exhaust note and i traded in, now i am forced to change my car due to engine damage and im thinking of going all the way for the C63 just to hear it roar !!!! Hahaha but i am wondering if it will tire me after a while.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
in general, c63 is worth it without a question...
but, if 450/43's power is sufficient for you, then there's is no need to spend extra dinero for 63...
Old 08-16-2016, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 524 Posts
c
I would argue that without the power output of the C63s (s being the important part here), the C43 might have better driving dynamics than the c63.

The inherent weight from the V8 is going to induce understeer - and they have resolved this issue primarily with placing the engine far enough back and with a nice rear differential and, of course, big horsepower numbers which easily switch understeer into oversteer with modulation of the pedal.

The c63 having less power, a less tricky diff, and the same weight out front as the c63s... IDK. Sure the C43 is down on power, but it also weighs less and is AWD. The weight difference is about 300 pounds, for reference.

None of this is backed with evidence and merely speculation.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:52 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
I grew up on V8s. Even with a turbo 4, and a turbo 6.. I upgraded to a C63S the minute I was given the opportunity.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

What happened to your c450 btw?? Water damage? Is this your insurance covering the engine replacement ?
Old 08-16-2016, 07:25 PM

2017 C63 AMG COUPE
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
What happened to your c450 btw?? Water damage? Is this your insurance covering the engine replacement ?
Last saturday night at a red light my engined died, everything elsa was woking fine but the motor was complety dead, so MB went and picked up the car dropped it off at the dealer. Come monday ( yesterday ) ther tell me that some how water got into the air intake and that my motor was shot, so they are cheking into replacing the engine or giving me a new car or having the insurance cover everything as a total lost, now that the price of the motor is more of half the price of the complete car.

whatever the result, im screwed, what i dont understand is, how did water make all the way into the engine ? i would undertand if i had tried to cross a river or a flooded street, but this is not the case.... weird..... so in a nutshell, If you own a mercedes NEVER take it out in the rain lol
Old 08-16-2016, 08:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Enrique Borunda
Last saturday night at a red light my engined died, everything elsa was woking fine but the motor was complety dead, so MB went and picked up the car dropped it off at the dealer. Come monday ( yesterday ) ther tell me that some how water got into the air intake and that my motor was shot, so they are cheking into replacing the engine or giving me a new car or having the insurance cover everything as a total lost, now that the price of the motor is more of half the price of the complete car.

whatever the result, im screwed, what i dont understand is, how did water make all the way into the engine ? i would undertand if i had tried to cross a river or a flooded street, but this is not the case.... weird..... so in a nutshell, If you own a mercedes NEVER take it out in the rain lol

yeah I would fight hard to make benz own up to this, not make your insurance pay -- and you get stuck with higher premiums forever. also they need to buy this car back from you once you make them admit it was their car that malfunctioned under normal conditions, not you scooba diving with it. You don't want a car with an engine rebuild/replace .. you'll have significant diminished value.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:03 PM

2017 C63 AMG COUPE
Exactly, i already emailed Germany and spoke to the dealeship owner, he asked for a couple of days to figure it out. I' ll keep posting what happens.