Old 10-03-2016, 10:53 AM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
C43 Sedan
My C43 sedan review (1 week in)

Build Particulars:
Exterior:
  • Polar White
Interior:
  • Black AMG Leather (Includes red contrasting stitching)
  • Dark Ash Open Pore Wood Trim
Options:
  • AMG Performance Exhaust System,
  • 19" AMG Multi-Spoke Wheels (Titanium Grey)
  • EASY-PACK Power Trunk Closer and Hands-free Access
  • Integrated Garage Door Opener
  • COMAND Online Navigation w/ MB Apps
  • PARKTRONIC w / Active Parking Assist
  • Burmester® Surround Sound System
  • KEYLESS-GO
Review:

This is my first car so I don't have much to compare it to. I have driven other non-sports cars so the review should be read with that in mind.
Exterior:
  • I initially wanted Hyacinth Red but due SA mistakes I ended up with polar white and I absolutely love it. Easy to maintain and get clean (can just hose down the car and looks good). Don't have swirl marks yet, but white hides it well.

The contrast with the tail lights is also an added benefit, as well as the contract with the panoramic roof. With a 35% window tint the car looks gorgeous.

Driving:
  • The car is extremely smooth even under heavy acceleration.
  • Turns in well and 4matic works well…especially in the rain. I got myself in some dangerous situations as it was raining all weekend. The car handled very well.
  • The suspension is a little stiff even in comfort mode and the 19 inch wheels don’t really help.
  • The seats are very supportive but it feels like I am sitting on the floor. Since I am tall increasing the height brings my head uncomfortably close to the roof.
Interior:
  • Initially also wanted the grey AMG leather to go with the red exterior, but I am very pleased with the black AMG leather and the red stitching is very nicely done. You won't regret it.
    I wanted more light inside the car since I am a black guy (didn't want to be mistaken for the seat...LOL). But this is none an issue considering I got tints on the window - it's difficult to see through the car especially with the black seats.
  • The open pore ash work is amazing. It's one of my favorite things. Again, maintenance is super easy, it doesn't show finger prints so the interior can easily be cleaned and stays clean.
Options:
  • AMG Performance Exhaust System : OMG. Just get it! In comfort mode the exhaust is pretty tame but it is noticeable if you open it up. There isn’t any crackling and pops in any mode but sport and sport +.
    In sport or sport + and the car has a rumble at idle when the exhaust is open. The burst and crackles on downshift are amazing. In fact, I scared some teenage girls on the street with it …so bonus points. The pops sound like a gun.

In sport plus the car gets a lot of looks as people are not expecting such sounds from a white c class. Even C 400/450 drivers turn their heads when they hear the beast.

My friend who has a 335i absolutely loves my car and says it is much better than his. Specifically because of the interior, the exhaust in sport+ and how smooth the ride is. He still can’t believe that his car is the BMW equivalent.

Reviving the car is sport + doesn't reveal the rear sound of the engine.
  • COMAND Online Navigation w/ MB Apps: Take a while to get used to but there are tons of ways to do everything things and voice command works pretty well.
    I just don’t like how the media works. If I am contacted via Bluetooth it takes too much fiddling in order to get to music.
    Also I don’t really like the way my contacts are sorted but I rarely use this feature.
  • PARKTRONIC w / Active Parking Assist
  • Burmester® Surround Sound System: Pretty good, nothing spectacular as far as I am concerned.
    I can’t figure out how to get to the equalizer yet, but that’s not an issue with the car but my own lack of knowledge.
    I am more interested in hearing the exhaust in Sport + mode than listening to the sound system.
    If I had to choose between Burmester and the performance exhaust it would be no choice at all.
Others:
  • My car did not come with the acoustic windows. Don’t miss it, but then again I don’t know how it would have improved my experience. Anything that prevents me from hearing the exhaust sound is bad in my books.
    The car is already very quiet and there are no road noises when the windows are rolled up. In fact it’s tough to hear an ambulance coming if it is more than a couple of 100 metres away.
  • Did not get heads up display as I found it gimmicky and distracting. Don’t miss it. Command with navigation is very good and tells you well ahead of time the turns to make.
  • In manual mode under comfort mode the car sounds like it’s in sport +. Exhaust notes are very audible. I haven’t tried the car in manual mode with sport + since it was raining all week and I have been driving around the city.
  • One thing I dislike is the auto-start-stop feature. When I firmly break at a stop sign , the car turns off but then I have to go in a few seconds. I really doubt the value of this feature in anything other than heavy traffic or long traffic lights.
    I wish there was a way to turn off this setting in comfort mode, apart from pressing the off bottom each time the car turns on or replicating comfort mode in individual mode and then disabling it there.
  • MB should allow the user to start the car in sport +. The car always starts up in comfort mode, unless you soft start the car (feet of the break pedal and press ignition button) and then select sport +.
    A startup in sport + is epic with a pop and crackle at start up.
I will try to get some videos to give a better idea about sound this week as it's forecasted to be dry.

Happy to field any other questions.

Edited:

I forgot to mention two other packages are going.
  • LED lighting: It moves in a cool way when you turn on the car. This is really an invisible feature. Not sure the value of it as I don’t “see” it. I know it does a lot of cool things when driving on dark curvy roads, however, I doubt I will have use for it.
    Was it worth the price? I have no clue. So you could probably save yourself 1k.
  • 360 Camera: It’s amazing the 360 view and from the “top” is unreal. It literally gives you the view as if you were looking from the sky down to at the car. Makes it easy to get into tight spots. Works very well and it is very clear.
    Also the trajectory it shows it very accurate. Makes it difficult to hit anything IF you are paying attention (i.e. I did kiss something because I wasn’t paying attention).
  • Night package: Initially, I thought I would want to black out the rear diffusor, rear spoiler lip and front lips (the silver piece). However, I think these pieces are good in their original colour and changing the colour may devalue the car, making it look like a boy racer car.
    The night package would have given me this but was not available when I ordered. Besides, half of the night package comes default on the C43…black window trim. I believe you can vinyl wrap the car for less than the quote $800CAD for the night package.

Last edited by dismantler; 10-03-2016 at 11:39 AM.
The following 8 users liked this post by dismantler:
atl 2 chi (01-24-2017), Bond 985 (01-24-2017), Boucher (10-03-2016), cldriver (10-03-2016), Eclipse155 (10-04-2016), Mbm6f (01-24-2017), rihallix (10-03-2016), YoungLane (01-24-2017) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-03-2016, 11:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW
to get to the stereo settings in radio/ media pull the dial down and then right hand end is a musical note, scroll to this and push it! Then turn the mid down to -5 and good to go - it all comes alive!
Old 10-03-2016, 11:11 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Awesome choice of options man, congrats on your purchase! Great review too, it'll be another month before I receive my coupe Glad to hear the exhaust leaves a smile on your face, that alone is worth the price IMO.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:02 PM

C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by richtw
to get to the stereo settings in radio/ media pull the dial down and then right hand end is a musical note, scroll to this and push it! Then turn the mid down to -5 and good to go - it all comes alive!
Great tip! Thanks. Will try that on my way back from work.

Originally Posted by Tej7
Awesome choice of options man, congrats on your purchase! Great review too, it'll be another month before I receive my coupe Glad to hear the exhaust leaves a smile on your face, that alone is worth the price IMO.
Forgot to add reviews on the LED lighting and 360 cam. Edited and added.

Your coupe will sound even better
Old 10-03-2016, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
The car looks cool. Can you post some interior pics too? My dealership has one coupe with Polar white, Black Red stitched interior, Gloss Black Aluminum, Head Up Display build which I could pickup next month, but I ordered a custom build with Diamond White, Red leather, Black Ash Wood and without the Head Up display(for some reason this build slot doesn't allow to add Head Up display) which gets built in NOV and I could pick it up in FEB. Gloss Black Aluminium and Polar White put me off on the first one. But, looking at your pics, Polar White doesn't look too bad I am still debating whether Natural Black Ash wood is worth a 3 month wait over Gloss Black Aluminum
Old 10-03-2016, 02:00 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
nice review!

did your car come with a special AMG key fob?
Old 10-03-2016, 08:46 PM

C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by damnhotrod
The car looks cool. Can you post some interior pics too? My dealership has one coupe with Polar white, Black Red stitched interior, Gloss Black Aluminum, Head Up Display build which I could pickup next month, but I ordered a custom build with Diamond White, Red leather, Black Ash Wood and without the Head Up display(for some reason this build slot doesn't allow to add Head Up display) which gets built in NOV and I could pick it up in FEB. Gloss Black Aluminium and Polar White put me off on the first one. But, looking at your pics, Polar White doesn't look too bad I am still debating whether Natural Black Ash wood is worth a 3 month wait over Gloss Black Aluminum
I hate hate hate the piano black wood, but that delivery date is crazy. The piano black plastic thingy shows fingerprints like crazy.

Between diamond white and polar, I refer the polar.

Short interior video.

http://sendvid.com/everxaxm

Originally Posted by arnold0523
nice review!

did your car come with a special AMG key fob?
No AMG logo on the back of the key fob. I guess it is to remind all c43 owners that we are posers.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:23 PM

C43 Sedan
Sport + ideal growl http://sendvid.com/a4vc9n6n
The following 2 users liked this post by dismantler:
arnold0523 (10-04-2016), rihallix (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 10:15 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Originally Posted by dismantler
Sport + ideal growl http://sendvid.com/a4vc9n6n
Sounds great man! Where is the Sport+ (Exhaust open) rev video - you know that's what we're waiting for!
Old 10-04-2016, 01:03 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
No AMG logo on the back of the key fob. I guess it is to remind all c43 owners that we are posers.[/QUOTE]

Time to get one from eBay I might... haha
BTW I've heard other amg owners (C63/C63S), the second key or there's a AMG key cover in your glove box...

Oh yea! video for SPORT+ with performance exhaust Valve open please!!

Last edited by arnold0523; 10-04-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43
Congrats man. I'm getting my delivery this week.

You're in Ontario! Have you looked at winter wheel options?
Old 11-05-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Polar White C43 Sedan
Your config is pretty much exactly how I want my car to be.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:12 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
congrats buddy.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:35 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Originally Posted by Rahim Jaffer
Congrats man. I'm getting my delivery this week.

You're in Ontario! Have you looked at winter wheel options?
Check out my post in the c43 winter tire options thread. I've been down this path for a few weeks and have probably done more research than anyone else in ontario about good winter tire packages lol
Old 01-24-2017, 11:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 AMG C43, 2004 G35 coupe
My car is almost similar to yours except I got the Premium 2 package and not the Premium 3 package that you got. I am in the US. Package configurations may be different in different countries. But what that means is that I do not have COMAND (I wish I did), no touchpad controller, smaller screen (7" vs 8.4") and no Nav. I was able to get the Garmin map pilot SD card off of ebay for around $150 so that is a pretty cheap fix for the Nav.

Everything else about the car is just awesome. True it doesn't follow the one man one engine policy of AMG and critics have been quick to dismiss it as an AMG poser but boy this car is amazing. In my book, it deserves the AMG badge. It is not a true AMG but it is no C300 with an AMG appearance package either. It hits sweet spot right in between the C300 and the C63. I am just in awe of the Sport+ mode and the sounds the car produces.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:56 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Beautiful car man. How tall are you? You mentioned you got close to the headliner, and I was fine in the sedan at 6'7"/260. The coupe however, was hopeless... maybe I was fine because I tend to lean the seat back for headroom and had it all the way back and down? How is comfort on longer trips?
Old 01-24-2017, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
[QUOTE=Mbm6f;7034664] I was fine in the sedan at 6'7"/260.QUOTE]

Are you like the tallest man alive currently?
Old 01-24-2017, 03:15 PM

09 C63 AMG
Haha not even the tallest guy I know.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:19 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by dismantler
Build Particulars:
Edited:

I forgot to mention two other packages are going.
  • LED lighting: It moves in a cool way when you turn on the car. This is really an invisible feature. Not sure the value of it as I don’t “see” it. I know it does a lot of cool things when driving on dark curvy roads, however, I doubt I will have use for it.
    Was it worth the price? I have no clue. So you could probably save yourself 1k.
  • 360 Camera: It’s amazing the 360 view and from the “top” is unreal. It literally gives you the view as if you were looking from the sky down to at the car. Makes it easy to get into tight spots. Works very well and it is very clear.
    Also the trajectory it shows it very accurate. Makes it difficult to hit anything IF you are paying attention (i.e. I did kiss something because I wasn’t paying attention).
  • Night package: Initially, I thought I would want to black out the rear diffusor, rear spoiler lip and front lips (the silver piece). However, I think these pieces are good in their original colour and changing the colour may devalue the car, making it look like a boy racer car.
    The night package would have given me this but was not available when I ordered. Besides, half of the night package comes default on the C43…black window trim. I believe you can vinyl wrap the car for less than the quote $800CAD for the night package.

These are the options I am mulling over as I put a order in Friday. I have the Brilliant Blue/grey leather, Premium and 19 wheels like you.

Not sure about the Active LED. the car comes with LED, is the only difference the auto high beams and they turn in corners?

Same with the 360 Camera. Neat i'm sure, but I am fine with the rear camera, which is on my C400. My E wagon has the 360 camera and I never use it (aside from the fact that the screen is laughably small and the lense is always dirty).

I am envious of how little snow you guys have!
Old 01-24-2017, 09:00 PM

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts
Current :2018 E63S and a 2017 GLE 63S . Prior, CLA 250, C450 AMG, 2017 AMG C63S
Congrats and very nice choice. Our cars are moreless
twins....And I'm Black too so....lol. Looking forward to seeing more pix.

My C43 sedan review (1 week in)-download-1_zpsd5u41s9b.jpg
My C43 sedan review (1 week in)-download-5_zpsxuggqjqx.jpg
My C43 sedan review (1 week in)-download-10_zps3hz23dda.jpg

Last edited by atl 2 chi; 01-24-2017 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Forgot a sentence
Old 01-24-2017, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
^Wow, great job on your car, man. Very tastefully modded

I can't wait for spring so I can throw some springs and some proper wheels on it. I mean, stock doesn't look that bad, but it definitely doesn't look ^that good!
The following users liked this post:
atl 2 chi (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts
Current :2018 E63S and a 2017 GLE 63S . Prior, CLA 250, C450 AMG, 2017 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
^Wow, great job on your car, man. Very tastefully modded

I can't wait for spring so I can throw some springs and some proper wheels on it. I mean, stock doesn't look that bad, but it definitely doesn't look ^that good!

LOL!!! Finding some proper wheels took some trial and error for me. I still have the Carlsson's that I originally tried that just didn't work out before Vossen made it happen for me. The offset in the front of the C450/43 made things so difficult since no vendor was making a wheel to accommodate our front wheel offset without spacers..
The following users liked this post:
removedCFGaccount (01-25-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 09:20 PM

09 C63 AMG
Those Vossens look great.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 AMG C43, 2004 G35 coupe
Originally Posted by atl 2 chi
Congrats and very nice choice. Our cars are moreless
twins....And I'm Black too so....lol. Looking forward to seeing more pix.

Is that a c63? If it is a c43, how did u get that exhaust????
Old 01-28-2017, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by Bond 985
Is that a c63? If it is a c43, how did u get that exhaust????
Check his sig.

You can source any MB parts and install them on your car. C63 and 43 parts are generally a direct swap.

I'd be tempted to do the diffuser/tips swap as well if I wasn't on lease. The C63 tips look SOOOOOO much better than the 43's. But I don't hate the 43's so I won't bother.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My C43 sedan review (1 week in)