C43 Coupe Fuel Economy Listed on MBUSA Website

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 07:57 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by damnhotrod
And strike a winning pose in slow motion with 'Chariots of Fire' playing in the background
Winning what? I don't race turtles. I just take off.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:14 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Sorry bud. Thought you had other motives.

Nice try, but the C43 isn't a high performance vehicle. Don't make a fool of yourself.

Can you please do us a favor and start apples to apples? The R8 IS a high-performance vehicle. The C43 isn't.

The real AMG is just an 'experience' to my eyes. Not a car or a specific model.

A real AMG is/provides the following:

- One man, one engine. In my case she was actually a woman, hi Jacqueline!
- Complimentary Driving Academy session. You don't get that in your fake C43. Maybe they know that there's no need for the posers to try and learn how to drive on the race track because their car isn't a true high performance vehicle?
- AMG Logo on the keyfob
- AMG Hood
- AMG headrests
- AMG logo on dash
- AMG Brakes
- AMG spiler
- AMG floor mat (very important) add 25whp
- AMG V8 Biturbo logo

Happy? Yeah? That's what I thought. If you need ME to explain you what a real AMG is, I guess you've never owned one to know what it's about.

Again, please don't compare apples to oranges.

Yes, they have every right to label whatever they want as an AMG. It doesn't mean that I cannot state my opinion.

You can be assured that your C43 (very nice respectable car btw) isn't what AMG envisioned when they merged with MB.

The fact that they label it C43 AMG is just a marketing plow to get people like you to purchase an MB and(maybe?) feel better about themselves. No, I'm not trying to make you feel bad. It's the truth. MB only did this so they can keep up with BMW and Audi. M Sport and S-Line. That does NOT mean that you're driving an actual AMG. A real AMG would never have the questionable steering that you'll find in your C43. (The C63 steering isn't perfect btw, but still night and day difference).

They might not give a flying fück of what others or I think... but at the end of the day, I'm free to buy whatever I want as well. When time comes for an upgrade, I'll be considering other options because MB killed my brand loyalty by diluting it.

AMG engineers are just forced to do whatever their bosses say. I don't think they're particularly excited about what's going on. I'm sure they take a lot of pride in their work but it's not up to them.

Enjoy your C43, it's a great car. But please, don't fool yourself. When you can/will upgrade, I'm sure you'll understand where I'm coming from.
While I completely agree that the C43 is in no way a TRUE AMG, there was no need to come into this thread as a condescending a$$hole. You literally started **** for no reason and continued to displace your passive aggressive anger at everyone else lol. I say this once again, you are not wrong, but you definitely come off as an idiot.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:25 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by Tej7
While I completely agree that the C43 is in no way a TRUE AMG, there was no need to come into this thread as a condescending a$$hole. You literally started **** for no reason and continued to displace your passive aggressive anger at everyone else lol. I say this once again, you are not wrong, but you definitely come off as an idiot.
You're right as well. I'll show myself the door
Old 10-12-2016, 09:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 AMG GTS, 2015 GLA45 AMG
You're right as well. I'll show myself the door
Thank god for that!
Old 10-12-2016, 10:37 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
lol - it's fun feeding the troll because he thinks he's actually making valid points.

So...a C43 isn't considered a performance vehicle because a C63S with higher performance than it exists?

So I guess I can say that a C63S isn't considered a performance vehicle either because a 3 year old GTR we have kicking around will spank it in just about every way possible. In the simplest of terms - because I think I need to dumb things down quite a bit given some members of the audience - looking at straight line speed, there's more of a performance gap between the GTR and C63S than a C63S and a C43.

Thank you to the troll in this thread for making me realize that his C63S is not a performance vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
Guilty (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63

- Complimentary Driving Academy session. You don't get that in your fake C43. Maybe they know that there's no need for the posers to try and learn how to drive on the race track because their car isn't a true high performance vehicle?
- AMG Logo on the keyfob
- AMG Hood
- AMG headrests
- AMG logo on dash
- AMG Brakes
- AMG spiler
- AMG V8 Biturbo logo
Yeah, I guess that is pretty much what we expected... besides the engine we got 6 logos, a sporty hood, and a $1900 voucher that Mercedes uses like free crack to get you to spend twice as much to level-up your training. You really need to take a look at old posts, most people at least produce something that resembles an argument.

A real AMG would never have the questionable steering that you'll find in your C43. (The C63 steering isn't perfect btw, but still night and day difference).
The steering is identical, the front axle is identical, and they both use AMG steering profiles. The only difference is the C63/C63S has an extra profile (Sport+).
Old 10-13-2016, 12:38 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Look at the name of this forum you illiterate. "C43 AMG, C63 AMG, C63S AMG (W205)", I'd say he has found the proper forum.
Tej7 (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 01:06 AM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Vipershade
The steering is identical, the front axle is identical, and they both use AMG steering profiles. The only difference is the C63/C63S has an extra profile (Sport+).
Actually, only then 63S gets an extra profile, race mode
Old 10-13-2016, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 4matic
Does the c43 coupe have the wider track, longer and lower hood like the c63s coupe has?
Old 10-13-2016, 01:45 AM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by dvrklord
Does the c43 coupe have the wider track, longer and lower hood like the c63s coupe has?
Track width is about an inch more than the regular c coupe, however, it does not have the longer/lower hood. That is unique to the c63/S.
dvrklord (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 4matic
Track width is about an inch more than the regular c coupe, however, it does not have the longer/lower hood. That is unique to the c63/S.
ahh thanks. I'm still contemplating on when to get rid of my old 2011 w204. The centre display just looks really out of place for me personally and don't know if I should and can even wait for the facelift hoping it will be changed and integrated better. Definitely looking at the c43 coupe for the 4matic (cuz it snows where I'm at) or the c63s coupe (no explanation needed lol).
Old 10-13-2016, 09:40 AM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by dvrklord
ahh thanks. I'm still contemplating on when to get rid of my old 2011 w204. The centre display just looks really out of place for me personally and don't know if I should and can even wait for the facelift hoping it will be changed and integrated better. Definitely looking at the c43 coupe for the 4matic (cuz it snows where I'm at) or the c63s coupe (no explanation needed lol).
I agree with you on the centre comand console, not really a fan of the ipad look. Don't get a c43 for the practicality, it's just a fake AMG. Everywhere you go, people will recognize you as the guy in the posermobile.. god, that truly does sound ridiculous haha. I honestly would have opted for the 63 as well, but then I'd have to keep it in the garage for 4-5 months, which is a waste imo.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Actually, only then 63S gets an extra profile, race mode
Steering profile... not driving profile.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:23 AM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
C43 Sedan
Nice try, but the C43 isn't a high performance vehicle. Don't make a fool of yourself.

Can you please do us a favor and start apples to apples? The R8 IS a high-performance vehicle. The C43 isn't.
What makes a high performance car? The original C43 AMG ("real" AMG) from the 90's was a high-performance car but is in every way inferior to the C43 AMG '17 models. It's all relative. A sport sedan is a high performance car. Of course there are tiers to this categorization. Just as the C63, GTR, R8, and Koenigsegg fall into the same category of high performance.

If a C43 is not a high performance car then I wonder what a regular non-AMG Mercedes is categorised as .

The real AMG is just an 'experience' to my eyes. Not a car or a specific model.

- AMG Logo on the keyfob
- AMG Hood
- AMG headrests
- AMG logo on dash
- AMG Brakes
- AMG spiler
- AMG V8 Biturbo logo
Since the real AMG is just an experience as you mentioned, then everyone has a different perception of that experience. You don't have to experience each person's experience in order to tell them if they had a real AMG experience.

Most these things can be bought and put on any car and still won't make it a "real" AMG... so what your list is somewhat rubbish. Conversely, I could swap out many of those part such as the logos, floor mat, and spoiler and it won't change the AMG vehicle.

Happy? Yeah? That's what I thought. If you need ME to explain you what a real AMG is, I guess you've never owned one to know what it's about.
It's just hilarious how much effort you are spending to discredit MB-AMG, and other peoples purchase. If the real AMG comes with your attitude then I don't want any of it.

Yes, they have every right to label whatever they want as an AMG. It doesn't mean that I cannot state my opinion.

You can be assured that your C43 (very nice respectable car btw) isn't what AMG envisioned when they merged with MB.

The fact that they label it C43 AMG is just a marketing plow to get people like you to purchase an MB and(maybe?) feel better about themselves. No, I'm not trying to make you feel bad. It's the truth. MB only did this so they can keep up with BMW and Audi. M Sport and S-Line. That does NOT mean that you're driving an actual AMG. A real AMG would never have the questionable steering that you'll find in your C43. (The C63 steering isn't perfect btw, but still night and day difference).

They might not give a flying fück of what others or I think... but at the end of the day, I'm free to buy whatever I want as well. When time comes for an upgrade, I'll be considering other options because MB killed my brand loyalty by diluting it.
AMG probably didn't envision a CLA when they merged so does that make the CLA 45 a fake AMG?

The steering in both cars are essentially the same the difference is the firmer suspension.

AMG engineers are just forced to do whatever their bosses say. I don't think they're particularly excited about what's going on. I'm sure they take a lot of pride in their work but it's not up to them.

Enjoy your C43, it's a great car. But please, don't fool yourself. When you can/will upgrade, I'm sure you'll understand where I'm coming from.
You should change your name to the AMG Engineer Whisperer since you are so informed about the inner feelings of said individuals.

The C63 is an amazing car, but they are reasons why some including myself that can afford multiple C63s still opt for a C43. In a similar way as you chose the C63 over a GTR or any other car of that tier.

Ultimately, you can spew grandiose things, but AMG makes the call. Your opinion matters as much as the next guy. No matter what you say AMG will not de-bagde the '17 C43s.

Enjoy your C63 and stop trying to berate the purchase of others.

You drive a "real AMG", good for you! Maybe AMG will make a special real AMG coffin for you when you expire.
munis (01-18-2017)
Old 10-13-2016, 10:38 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by SoCalRick
The configurator is up on the MBUSA website for the C43 coupe. Fuel consumptions figures listed are: 21 City/29 Hwy

-- SCR
We've averaged 29.4MPG (UK Gallons) so far in the first 933 miles. Mix of motorways, A/B roads and city driving.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:11 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Originally Posted by dismantler
What makes a high performance car? The original C43 AMG ("real" AMG) from the 90's was a high-performance car but is in every way inferior to the C43 AMG '17 models. It's all relative. A sport sedan is a high performance car. Of course there are tiers to this categorization. Just as the C63, GTR, R8, and Koenigsegg fall into the same category of high performance.

If a C43 is not a high performance car then I wonder what a regular non-AMG Mercedes is categorised as .

Since the real AMG is just an experience as you mentioned, then everyone has a different perception of that experience. You don't have to experience each person's experience in order to tell them if they had a real AMG experience.

Most these things can be bought and put on any car and still won't make it a "real" AMG... so what your list is somewhat rubbish. Conversely, I could swap out many of those part such as the logos, floor mat, and spoiler and it won't change the AMG vehicle.

It's just hilarious how much effort you are spending to discredit MB-AMG, and other peoples purchase. If the real AMG comes with your attitude then I don't want any of it.

AMG probably didn't envision a CLA when they merged so does that make the CLA 45 a fake AMG?

The steering in both cars are essentially the same the difference is the firmer suspension.

You should change your name to the AMG Engineer Whisperer since you are so informed about the inner feelings of said individuals.

The C63 is an amazing car, but they are reasons why some including myself that can afford multiple C63s still opt for a C43. In a similar way as you chose the C63 over a GTR or any other car of that tier.

Ultimately, you can spew grandiose things, but AMG makes the call. Your opinion matters as much as the next guy. No matter what you say AMG will not de-bagde the '17 C43s.

Enjoy your C63 and stop trying to berate the purchase of others.

You drive a "real AMG", good for you! Maybe AMG will make a special real AMG coffin for you when you expire.
savageeeee
Old 10-13-2016, 01:54 PM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Vipershade
Steering profile... not driving profile.
Excuse my ignorance, jumped the gun too quick haha.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Excuse my ignorance, jumped the gun too quick haha.
lol... no worries
Old 10-13-2016, 03:56 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Look at the name of this forum you illiterate. "C43 AMG, C63 AMG, C63S AMG (W205)", I'd say he has found the proper forum.
+7

A day late

Last edited by Biggreenogg; 10-13-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Now if they put awd 4MATIC on the c63s I would be all over that. That would be the perfect sports coupe for New England weather!!
Old 10-13-2016, 07:08 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
x
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Now if they put awd 4MATIC on the c63s I would be all over that. That would be the perfect sports coupe for New England weather!!
this is why they have created a e63 with awd
Old 10-13-2016, 07:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 BMW 328i
I don't get the C43 hate honestly.

I could care less if my engine is hand assembled. There are tons of much more expensive cars that don't have hand assembled engines so that adds no value to me.

I once joked to a friend... well maybe if a guy named Hans built my AMG engine and I got the plaque for that it would be cool.

Given most of the rest of the car is similar other than being RWD and having a different front end (and the only reason the front end is different is the engine needs a bigger place to be) well who cares. You buy the car for your needs.

All the C63 owners sound just like M3 owners when you can always say why didnt you buy an M5.

I could afford a C63s easily. But its $20k + more for a car that for my uses is just a waste of $20k that i could spend on other things. I don't need 500 hp , when I can barely put it to the pavement with RWD, not to mention there is traffic etc. I will never use my car on a track so the tiny amount of track only performance i'd have seen is meaningless (and i don't claim to be some amazing driver, so honestly the AWD might help me on a track more if I were to really drive a real track or autocross in a C class)

So why the AMG butthurt guys? Its just a car. THey are both really good cars. If your car making you feel special is something that matters to you well, honestly see a psychologist because you have issues
Old 10-13-2016, 08:25 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
x
Originally Posted by hans007
I don't get the C43 hate honestly.

I could care less if my engine is hand assembled. There are tons of much more expensive cars that don't have hand assembled engines so that adds no value to me.

I once joked to a friend... well maybe if a guy named Hans built my AMG engine and I got the plaque for that it would be cool.

Given most of the rest of the car is similar other than being RWD and having a different front end (and the only reason the front end is different is the engine needs a bigger place to be) well who cares. You buy the car for your needs.

All the C63 owners sound just like M3 owners when you can always say why didnt you buy an M5.

I could afford a C63s easily. But its $20k + more for a car that for my uses is just a waste of $20k that i could spend on other things. I don't need 500 hp , when I can barely put it to the pavement with RWD, not to mention there is traffic etc. I will never use my car on a track so the tiny amount of track only performance i'd have seen is meaningless (and i don't claim to be some amazing driver, so honestly the AWD might help me on a track more if I were to really drive a real track or autocross in a C class)

So why the AMG butthurt guys? Its just a car. THey are both really good cars. If your car making you feel special is something that matters to you well, honestly see a psychologist because you have issues
the car puts down the 550hp easily with traction on, no problems at all.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
C63
No butt hurt here. I wanted the pure AMG experience. Otherwise I would have just gotten a S4 or something in the sub-400hp.

When you buy a AMG it's status, performance and style. I know when I pull along side an M3/4 or a Cayman, I have a beast who will get their respect (even without racing). With a C43, that is just not going to happen. That was a big deal for me!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:16 PM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
No butt hurt here. I wanted the pure AMG experience. Otherwise I would have just gotten a S4 or something in the sub-400hp.

When you buy a AMG it's status, performance and style. I know when I pull along side an M3/4 or a Cayman, I have a beast who will get their respect (even without racing). With a C43, that is just not going to happen. That was a big deal for me!
Your argument/logic makes no sense. You're playing the inferiority card, but the same ideology can be applied to the 63/S when compared to a superior vehicle.. Also, that same argument can be applied to owners of 3 series and Audi s lines, when directly compared to the c43 since they are similar class of vehicles. Do you see the fault in your statement?

I don't think the true problem lies within MB diluting the brand, but rather the brand being diluted by owners with toxic mindsets. I really don't see the need to get angry at other members because they decided to purchase a car for their needs, not because they want/demand respect from total strangers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C43 Coupe Fuel Economy Listed on MBUSA Website