Sponsored by:

C43 Coupe Fuel Economy Listed on MBUSA Website

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 11:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
BMW 5 Series, Buick Enclave
C43 Coupe Fuel Economy Listed on MBUSA Website

The configurator is up on the MBUSA website for the C43 coupe. Fuel consumptions figures listed are: 21 City/29 Hwy

-- SCR
Old 10-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by SoCalRick
The configurator is up on the MBUSA website for the C43 coupe. Fuel consumptions figures listed are: 21 City/29 Hwy

-- SCR
This is the AMG forum. We don't really care about Fuel Consumption. Maybe you should try again at the appropriate C450 forum?

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-coupe-c205-210/

****lng C43s
Old 10-12-2016, 12:25 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
This is the AMG forum. We don't really care about Fuel Consumption. Maybe you should try again at the appropriate C450 forum?

****lng C43s
Look at the name of this forum you illiterate. "C43 AMG, C63 AMG, C63S AMG (W205)", I'd say he has found the proper forum.
The following users liked this post:
OC6.3AMG (10-13-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Look at the name of this forum you illiterate. "C43 AMG, C63 AMG, C63S AMG (W205)", I'd say he has found the proper forum.
You don't get my point. I'm pretty sure you're one of those guys that refuse to look to your left when a real AMG pulls up next to you at a light.

Poser.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:55 PM

You don't get my point. I'm pretty sure you're one of those guys that refuse to look to your left when a real AMG pulls up next to you at a light.

Poser.
100% correct

PS - You're a loser
Old 10-12-2016, 12:56 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'13 S5 Coupe
yah know something ... if this were a discussion regarding those bimmer owners of 318's who remove that designator and replace it with the M3 badge, you'd have a very valid point. However ... regarding your concerns/comments about "real AMG"'s ... take it up with the manufacturer in Germany. The AMG badges are placed on these C43 (and soon to be E43) vehicles at the factory, by factory workers, at the direction of MB. Congratulations on your ability to afford a "real AMG" (or to your parents for buying you one), but save your indignation for something that really matters ... like $5/gallon gas prices.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:00 PM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
Or he's one of those guys that bought a C43 for the AWD... I could of bought a C63, I instead bought a C43 because of the AWD... they could of kept it a C450, or any other damn number they wanted to call it, AMG badge, or no AMG badges. I bought it because it meets my needs... Have an issue with it take it up with MB, they are the ones that decided to badge it that way, not me, not the OP or anyone else here. But elitism AMG doesn't make you seem more important, it makes you sound like an ***...
The following 2 users liked this post by Master-Spud:
5ilver-5urfer (10-12-2016), Eclipse155 (10-13-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by Master-Spud
Or he's one of those guys that bought a C43 for the AWD... I could of bought a C63, I instead bought a C43 because of the AWD... they could of kept it a C450, or any other damn number they wanted to call it, AMG badge, or no AMG badges. I bought it because it meets my needs... Have an issue with it take it up with MB, they are the ones that decided to badge it that way, not me, not the OP or anyone else here. But elitism AMG doesn't make you seem more important, it makes you sound like an ***...
Don't try to make yourself feel better about your purchase by flipping the tortilla. Having a real AMG doesn't make me feel more important. AMG ≠ fuel economy.

But yes, you're right I'm an *** and I'll keep reminding all of you that you're still all posers. Just like I called out AMG reps at the private gathering. Brand dilution.

Can't wait until I pull up next to a fake AMG 43. It's always fun.

PS. A real AMG isn't a big deal to my eyes. It's no exotic and there's nothing to write home about. This isn't about making myself feel better.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
C63
Lol. Fuel economy!

PS, that's why I have my Fiat Abarth as the daily driver/ city car
Guilty (10-12-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
Lol. Fuel economy!

PS, that's why I have my Fiat Abarth as the daily driver/ city car
Haha my point. With all these new c43 owners, the demography and questions are going to change on this section.

And Internet Brands added the C43 to the C63 section purely as a business decision.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:19 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Don't try to make yourself feel better about your purchase by flipping the tortilla. Having a real AMG doesn't make me feel more important. AMG ≠ fuel economy.

But yes, you're right I'm an *** and I'll keep reminding all of you that you're still all posers. Just like I called out AMG reps at the private gathering. Brand dilution.

PS. A real AMG isn't a big deal to my eyes. It's no exotic and there's nothing to write home about. This isn't about making myself feel better.
It's about being a good person and supporting people through their purchases. Trying to look down on people doesn't make anyone feel bad, it just makes you look bad.

I'd welcome you to pull up next to me in a C63S if I'm in a C43. I'll appreciate the quality and sound of your machine. If you start revving your engine to intimidate me though, I'm going to realize how class-less you are.

I've been blessed enough to drive some great cars that are in my family's stable including a GTR and a V10 R8, but never have I felt the need to look over at someone at a stop light to make them realize they are driving something that cost less than what I'm driving. I guess you can't buy class - sucks for you.
The following 7 users liked this post by 5ilver-5urfer:
Biggreenogg (10-13-2016), Bst88 (10-12-2016), I almost I (05-23-2017), Kaserati (10-13-2016), Master-Spud (10-12-2016), munis (01-18-2017), Tej7 (10-12-2016) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
It's about being a good person and supporting people through their purchases. Trying to look down on people doesn't make anyone feel bad, it just makes you look bad.

I'd welcome you to pull up next to me in a C63S if I'm in a C43. I'll appreciate the quality and sound of your machine. If you start revving your engine to intimidate me though, I'm going to realize how class-less you are.

I've been blessed enough to drive some great cars that are in my family's stable including a GTR and a V10 R8, but never have I felt the need to look over at someone at a stop light to make them realize they are driving something that cost less than what I'm driving. I guess you can't buy class - sucks for you.
I don't rev at red lights.

Now it's about being a good person. Don't make me things I didn't say. Despite what my username says, you're not going to guilt me into feeling bad.

Money doesn't buy class, but luckily, I'm not looking to buy any. Not that I have any money.

I will never rev at people at red lights. C43 or not. I'll just take off very quickly so you can get the hint, and maybe get the real deal. The price difference between both cars is negligeable in the big scheme of things.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer

Well said 👍
Old 10-12-2016, 03:14 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C43 sedan

Actually you are the one who is trying to "flip the tortilla." It's pretty straightforward--MB decided that the C43, GLC43, E43, and GLE43 are true AMG vehicles. They are the ones that get to make that call, not you. You said it's not a big deal to your eyes, but clearly it is if you went out of your way to "call out AMG reps" at an event and start/continue an argument on this forum when someone merely posted some info. I happen to think you're right that it is brand dilution, and if I owned a C63 I'd be rather annoyed about the change. It seems like you can't handle the change in branding and feel the need to attack people who just want to talk about their cars in the forum bearing the name of the car they are talking about.

The only poser here is you since you are the one trying to act like you decide what makes something a "real AMG."
Old 10-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by MDSkiBum
Actually you are the one who is trying to "flip the tortilla." It's pretty straightforward--MB decided that the C43, GLC43, E43, and GLE43 are true AMG vehicles. They are the ones that get to make that call, not you. You said it's not a big deal to your eyes, but clearly it is if you went out of your way to "call out AMG reps" at an event and start/continue an argument on this forum when someone merely posted some info. I happen to think you're right that it is brand dilution, and if I owned a C63 I'd be rather annoyed about the change. It seems like you can't handle the change in branding and feel the need to attack people who just want to talk about their cars in the forum bearing the name of the car they are talking about.

The only poser here is you since you are the one trying to act like you decide what makes something a "real AMG."
A real AMG gets you many things the C43 can't get you. Just because t isn't a true AMG. I'm posting from mobile. When I get access to a laptop tonight I will show why the C43 isn't a 'true' AMG.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:06 PM

Money doesn't buy class, but luckily, I'm not looking to buy any. Not that I have any money.
But hey, at least you've got a mid priced car to try to convince others and make yourself feel like you do...so who is the real poser?

When you pay cash for a Lambo, feel like you're important and you've made it. Otherwise you're just a pleb like everyone else.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
BMW 5 Series, Buick Enclave
I originally posted this information not intending to focus on the mpg numbers per se (although I did list them), but because some people have been waiting for the new cars to be released for sale in the US and were speculating that the EPA certification may have been behind the delay.
It was interesting to see where the thread went from there...
-- SCR
Old 10-12-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
C43 Sedan
A real AMG gets you many things the C43 can't get you. Just because t isn't a true AMG. I'm posting from mobile. When I get access to a laptop tonight I will show why the C43 isn't a 'true' AMG.
AMG is simply the high performance division of MB. MB told you and everyone else what "AMG" meant and what they put in it (i.e. dedicated man power). AMG on it's own does not mean anything apart from the experience associated with driving a high performance vehicle.

True most AMG cars have the one-man-one engine philosophy but that does not mean that cars without that are not high performance. Hence, a high performance vehicle produced by MB-AMG should be an badged AMG.

It's like arguing an R8 is not a "performance car" because it does not have the one-man-one engine philosophy.

AMG = performance vehicle...that's it.

Apart from the one-man-one engine principle, what exactly is in a real AMG ? If I took my c43 tuned the heck out of it and got all c63 parts (apart from the engine) would that make my c43 a "true amg"? Clearly, the idea of true AMG is just the one-one-one engine philosophy that MB uses.

If you agree with the engine being what makes a "true AMG", then if I put a C63s engine in a civic, is that a true AMG? No, because MB would never acknowledge that as an AMG. Ultimately, AMG has the right to label whatever they want as AMG, whether you like it or not, and to be honest they don't give a flying **** what you or I think as long as they can sell their cars.

AMG engineers are not applying different laws of physics or material science in C63 design vs C43, they simply dedicate more effort to the "true amg" car.

I find this whole argument as silly as an S-class driver saying that the CLA or C class is not a "true" Mercedes.

For does that would rather die that than a C43 called an AMG, it is important to remember that your car is mass produced. The fact that there are multiple AMG engineers with varied degrees of skills and experience that produce the exact same cars shows you that a "true AMG" is simple a formula (a great formula but still a formula). Your C63s made by Mark Smith is not different from another C63s made by Smith Mark, but these two engineers cannot possible to equal. So you might as well start fighting over who's c63s is better.

Last edited by dismantler; 10-12-2016 at 04:50 PM.
I almost I (05-23-2017)
Old 10-12-2016, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
This should be good... I can't wait to see this
Old 10-12-2016, 04:53 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s
Well that escaladed quickly
Eclipse155 (10-13-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 05:10 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
x

****lng C43s
LMFAO tell em guilty
Old 10-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by SoCalRick
I originally posted this information not intending to focus on the mpg numbers per se (although I did list them), but because some people have been waiting for the new cars to be released for sale in the US and were speculating that the EPA certification may have been behind the delay.
It was interesting to see where the thread went from there...
-- SCR
Sorry bud. Thought you had other motives.

Originally Posted by dismantler

AMG is simply the high performance division of MB. MB told you and everyone else what "AMG" meant and what they put in it (i.e. dedicated man power). AMG on it's own does not mean anything apart from the experience associated with driving a high performance vehicle.

Nice try, but the C43 isn't a high performance vehicle. Don't make a fool of yourself.

It's like arguing an R8 is not a "performance car" because it does not have the one-man-one engine philosophy.
Can you please do us a favor and start apples to apples? The R8 IS a high-performance vehicle. The C43 isn't.

Apart from the one-man-one engine principle, what exactly is in a real AMG ? If I took my c43 tuned the heck out of it and got all c63 parts (apart from the engine) would that make my c43 a "true amg"? Clearly, the idea of true AMG is just the one-one-one engine philosophy that MB uses.
The real AMG is just an 'experience' to my eyes. Not a car or a specific model.

A real AMG is/provides the following:

- One man, one engine. In my case she was actually a woman, hi Jacqueline!
- Complimentary Driving Academy session. You don't get that in your fake C43. Maybe they know that there's no need for the posers to try and learn how to drive on the race track because their car isn't a true high performance vehicle?
- AMG Logo on the keyfob
- AMG Hood
- AMG headrests
- AMG logo on dash
- AMG Brakes
- AMG spiler
- AMG floor mat (very important) add 25whp
- AMG V8 Biturbo logo

Happy? Yeah? That's what I thought. If you need ME to explain you what a real AMG is, I guess you've never owned one to know what it's about.

If you agree with the engine being what makes a "true AMG", then if I put a C63s engine in a civic, is that a true AMG? No, because MB would never acknowledge that as an AMG.
Again, please don't compare apples to oranges.

Ultimately, AMG has the right to label whatever they want as AMG, whether you like it or not, and to be honest they don't give a flying **** what you or I think as long as they can sell their cars.

Yes, they have every right to label whatever they want as an AMG. It doesn't mean that I cannot state my opinion.

You can be assured that your C43 (very nice respectable car btw) isn't what AMG envisioned when they merged with MB.

The fact that they label it C43 AMG is just a marketing plow to get people like you to purchase an MB and(maybe?) feel better about themselves. No, I'm not trying to make you feel bad. It's the truth. MB only did this so they can keep up with BMW and Audi. M Sport and S-Line. That does NOT mean that you're driving an actual AMG. A real AMG would never have the questionable steering that you'll find in your C43. (The C63 steering isn't perfect btw, but still night and day difference).

They might not give a flying fück of what others or I think... but at the end of the day, I'm free to buy whatever I want as well. When time comes for an upgrade, I'll be considering other options because MB killed my brand loyalty by diluting it.

AMG engineers are not applying different laws of physics or material science in C63 design vs C43, they simply dedicate more effort to the "true amg" car.
AMG engineers are just forced to do whatever their bosses say. I don't think they're particularly excited about what's going on. I'm sure they take a lot of pride in their work but it's not up to them.

Enjoy your C43, it's a great car. But please, don't fool yourself. When you can/will upgrade, I'm sure you'll understand where I'm coming from.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
I'll just take off very quickly so you can get the hint
And strike a winning pose in slow motion with 'Chariots of Fire' playing in the background
Old 10-12-2016, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
A real AMG would never have the questionable steering that you'll find in your C43. (The C63 steering isn't perfect btw, but still night and day difference).
Damn, could have sworn the C43's steering is adopted from the C63's

*cough* Front axle with newly developed steering knuckles and load-bearing joints on the spring link. Elastokinematic adjustments to the links have been adopted from the Mercedes-AMG C63 *cough* *cough*

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/02/23/2...oupe-official/
Old 10-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by travishalliday
Damn, could have sworn the C43's steering is adopted from the C63's

*cough* Front axle with newly developed steering knuckles and load-bearing joints on the spring link. Elastokinematic adjustments to the links have been adopted from the Mercedes-AMG C63 *cough* *cough*

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/02/23/2...oupe-official/
Drive both.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C43 Coupe Fuel Economy Listed on MBUSA Website