Sponsored by:

Weird driving assist features

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 05:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 C63 Coupe
Weird driving assist features

Is anyone else getting false driving assist warning tones/beeps such as when doing a 2 lane left turn and there are cars on either side? Or just randomly coming on without the turn signals active when switching lanes?

I don't even have lane keep assist ( is that what you call it )?

So I tried to search for ways to turn off that audible tone but failed. While searching, I also found something really weird where if I turn off "attention assist", the triangle that lights up in the side mirrors also disables. Wait what? Isn't that a feature of "blind spot assist"? So then why does turning off "attention assist" also turns off the triangle warning light?

But in any case I wish to have these warnings assist enabled but without the audible tones. Does anyone know a way to do that?
Old 11-15-2016, 05:53 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
These warning are basically part of owning a Mercedes with Passive / Active Blind Spot Assist. I don't know of a non-coding way to turn them off. So yes, every double left turn lane will trigger a warning if you have someone on your left turning with you.

I don't know if there is a way to turn this warning off without coding. After a while you just get used to it.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:57 PM

2020 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
These warning are basically part of owning a Mercedes with Passive / Active Blind Spot Assist. I don't know of a non-coding way to turn them off. So yes, every double left turn lane will trigger a warning if you have someone on your left turning with you.

I don't know if there is a way to turn this warning off without coding. After a while you just get used to it.
Perhaps I am not used to it and its actually quite startling when it beeps. I am gonna try to see if there are fuses just for the audible tones. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2016, 10:47 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
If you short press the traction control button, your car will enter "sport handling mode". This will turn off all the nannies for the car. If you hold it down, you completely shut off TC + nannies.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:52 PM

2020 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Tej7
If you short press the traction control button, your car will enter "sport handling mode". This will turn off all the nannies for the car. If you hold it down, you completely shut off TC + nannies.
Does that retain the blind spot assist triangle illumination?
Old 11-16-2016, 12:24 AM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by roy777
Does that retain the blind spot assist triangle illumination?
I'll check for you tomorrow and report back.
The following users liked this post:
roy777 (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 03:09 AM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
I don't think there's any way to turn off just the audio warning of the blind spot feature without turning off the warning light as well.

Personally I don't mind it. I've driven many cars with blind spot assist, and it's always better that they are overly safe rather than under.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:22 PM

2020 C63 Coupe
Ok today I enabled "sport handling mode" ( push the electronic traction control button once ). And I confirmed that it does not turn off the audible tone for blind spot assist when left turning in double lane with car next to you and it also does not turn off the blind spot assist warning light.

But I have a hunch that it does turn off audible tones for the attention assist and pre-safe collision.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:31 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Ok today I enabled "sport handling mode" ( push the electronic traction control button once ). And I confirmed that it does not turn off the audible tone for blind spot assist when left turning in double lane with car next to you and it also does not turn off the blind spot assist warning light.

But I have a hunch that it does turn off audible tones for the attention assist and pre-safe collision.

It does not. I've had pre-collision and the driver assists activate while ripping around a track

That seat belt really can strangle you when it tightens!
Old 11-16-2016, 09:18 PM

C43 Coupe

That's weird, I tried it today also, and it turned everything off More extensive testing is required on my part.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
Use your ****ing blinkers.

Is anyone else getting false driving assist warning tones/beeps such as when doing a 2 lane left turn and there are cars on either side? Or just randomly coming on without the turn signals active when switching lanes?

I don't even have lane keep assist ( is that what you call it )?

So I tried to search for ways to turn off that audible tone but failed. While searching, I also found something really weird where if I turn off "attention assist", the triangle that lights up in the side mirrors also disables. Wait what? Isn't that a feature of "blind spot assist"? So then why does turning off "attention assist" also turns off the triangle warning light?

But in any case I wish to have these warnings assist enabled but without the audible tones. Does anyone know a way to do that?