Sponsored by:

C43 build quality vs c450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 12:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I think Mercedes brought some of there German management over to Alabama to help oversee the quality control because of all the complaints with the w205.
Trust me. They've been there since 1996
Old 12-18-2016, 02:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan and 2018 E300 Sedan. 2015 S550 gone.
Originally Posted by alexasa
You are one of the most moronic persons I have encountered on any car forum.

Please refrain from posting.

Build quality generally improves as the model years increase. It would be no surprise that a 43 is getting less complaints, in general, than the 450.
Who are you to tell anyone to stop posting? This is a board about people's honest feelings and opinions. Even really, reallly stupid opinions like the one you just made. Knock it off.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M3
Originally Posted by alexasa
You are one of the most moronic persons I have encountered on any car forum.

Please refrain from posting.

Build quality generally improves as the model years increase. It would be no surprise that a 43 is getting less complaints, in general, than the 450.

It's pretty simple. He spent all of that time going back and forth on whether to get the C43 after he just bought the C450. (I read that entire 50+ page thread) He decided to get the C43 so he has to justify it to himself by tearing down the C450 every chance he gets. If he had kept the C450 he would undoubtedly be talking about how the changes are not significant enough for anyone to change and the cars were identical. He has to rationalize his decision of losing a lot of money on a one year old trade.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:11 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
I don't think Gungsalow knows what he's talking about. Like ever. Dude is on meds half the time. Lol. Viper and I got the first ever batch of C450s back in Sept 2015 and they've been rock solid. No rattles whatsoever, only complaint I may have is a failed tpms that was easily fixed through a software update
Old 12-19-2016, 12:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan and 2018 E300 Sedan. 2015 S550 gone.
Originally Posted by Bushum
It's pretty simple. He spent all of that time going back and forth on whether to get the C43 after he just bought the C450. (I read that entire 50+ page thread) He decided to get the C43 so he has to justify it to himself by tearing down the C450 every chance he gets. If he had kept the C450 he would undoubtedly be talking about how the changes are not significant enough for anyone to change and the cars were identical. He has to rationalize his decision of losing a lot of money on a one year old trade.
Okay. So,what? You must really care about his opinion and that is truly surprising. I don't see any other posts in this thread that are any more interesting than his. And why did you read a 50+ page thread if it didn't totally interest you? You wouldn't--so it did. And now you whine like a big, spoiled baby. Talk about the thread topic and stop acting like a bunch of *****y girls.
The following users liked this post:
NYCSoiL (12-19-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 01:52 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
why the fuss, calm down guys, all good
Old 12-19-2016, 05:10 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Vallie123
Okay. So,what? You must really care about his opinion and that is truly surprising. I don't see any other posts in this thread that are any more interesting than his. And why did you read a 50+ page thread if it didn't totally interest you? You wouldn't--so it did. And now you whine like a big, spoiled baby. Talk about the thread topic and stop acting like a bunch of *****y girls.
You sound like Gungaslow's alt account
Old 12-19-2016, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Well, i also got rid of my C450 because it was rattling like crazy and it was pissing me off. Right now I'm waiting for my C43C to arrive from Germany in hopes that German factory has a better quality control.

It depends on the person, I guess. Some person will be fine with some rattles, squeaks and other person will not be happy. Rattles, squeaks are driving me nuts..

And yeah, while my C450 was 6 times at the service before it reached 3k miles, my current Genesis just hit 3,5k miles with 0 rattles and 0 trips to the service.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
lol, defending this clown.

LOL.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:17 AM

BMW M3
Whine like a spoiled baby? I simply stated what happened. Your response makes no sense. I have no vested interest in either car so what would I even have to whine about?

I read a 50 page thread because I am researching the car. It WAS interesting but not the parts about him trying to get the forum to talk him into trading and lying to his wife about it. Unfortunately I had to
read that part too because there is
no filter for relevant information.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Look I'm sorry if I offended any of you.. I thought this forum was for suggestions and questions and opinions..in the past I have asked for opinions or modifications to my car and problems I have encountered which is what I thought these forums were about..I really don't understand what the problem is.. like I said I'm sorry if I offended anyone here..
Old 12-19-2016, 12:08 PM
sno

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts
EQE 350+, EQS 450+, AMG C63
Dont worry about it... it's just the internet. lol
Old 12-19-2016, 12:29 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Originally Posted by sno
Dont worry about it... it's just the internet. lol
+1.

I would think that each car's build quality is slightly different from one another, even if they're from the same model year. For as many 2016 W205s with rattling there are as many, if not more, that doesn't rattle. If there's nothing wrong, why say anything? Right?

However, for those who believe it's built better with German oversight, I think that's just a subjective statement. Look at the iPhones built in China. Great worksmanship. i wouldn't think of the mercedes built in the US to be in any way inferior to builds in Germany.
sno (12-19-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 12:36 PM
sno

Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
+1.

I would think that each car's build quality is slightly different from one another, even if they're from the same model year. For as many 2016 W205s with rattling there are as many, if not more, that doesn't rattle. If there's nothing wrong, why say anything? Right?

However, for those who believe it's built better with German oversight, I think that's just a subjective statement. Look at the iPhones built in China. Great worksmanship. i wouldn't think of the mercedes built in the US to be in any way inferior to builds in Germany.
I could not agree more.

I have toured the Alabama Plant, I have a life long buddy that is an engineer there. Talk about state of the art? there are places in that plant you cant even see and the automation and dedication of the staff there is top shelf. My C43 says it was built in Germany, do I care? nope. I've owned some German cars that rattled like a can full of rocks, the same holds true for some domestics. I think it is hit and miss, some times parts fail to perform as spec'ed...
Old 12-19-2016, 01:22 PM

None
My C450 unfortunately has rattles and squeaks here and there...just put in an order for a C43C. Hopefully the Germany plant will have better quality control.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by stolenfire
My C450 unfortunately has rattles and squeaks here and there...just put in an order for a C43C. Hopefully the Germany plant will have better quality control.

Not sure why the C43 is built in Germany. Pretty sure it is built with all the others in the USA.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by coladin
Not sure why the C43 is built in Germany. Pretty sure it is built with all the others in the USA.
C43 Coupe is built in Germany.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:33 PM
sno

It is built in Stuttgart at least that is what the label on the pillar says.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:22 AM

C63S 2016
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
+1.

spot on because mine was a German built and the rattles and squeaks are substantial
Old 12-20-2016, 01:23 AM

C63S 2016
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Look I'm sorry if I offended any of you.. I thought this forum was for suggestions and questions and opinions..in the past I have asked for opinions or modifications to my car and problems I have encountered which is what I thought these forums were about..I really don't understand what the problem is.. like I said I'm sorry if I offended anyone here..
all good buddy no worries
Old 12-20-2016, 12:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
I've worked in manufacturing plants for 5+ years building capital equipment in regulated industries and in my opinion, it will not matter whether the car is built in germany, or alabama. . Assuming all of the equipment is set the same , ALL assembly machines, torque wrenches, equipment used on building the vehicle etc etc all have preset values that are specified in manufacturing work instructions or travelers. This equipment is likely carried over from USA to Germany or Germany to USA and then set up and validated to output the same results every time , regardless of location. there are MASSIVE amounts of controls in place especially in automobile manufacturing (human safety) that are set to protect the end consumer.

I myself have a **** ton of rattles, the most likely cause of these things are poor design and poor tolerances on how each piece fits together.In my opinion, people stating cars built in german are better than those that are built in US are just subjecting themselves to confirmation bias - it really doesnt matter. The rattles come from a ****ty design that wasnt caught in the design phase before transferring to mass production.

Last edited by sev7nflow; 12-20-2016 at 12:32 PM.
sno (12-21-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by sev7nflow
I've worked in manufacturing plants for 5+ years building capital equipment in regulated industries and in my opinion, it will not matter whether the car is built in germany, or alabama. . Assuming all of the equipment is set the same , ALL assembly machines, torque wrenches, equipment used on building the vehicle etc etc all have preset values that are specified in manufacturing work instructions or travelers. This equipment is likely carried over from USA to Germany or Germany to USA and then set up and validated to output the same results every time , regardless of location. there are MASSIVE amounts of controls in place especially in automobile manufacturing (human safety) that are set to protect the end consumer.

I myself have a **** ton of rattles, the most likely cause of these things are poor design and poor tolerances on how each piece fits together.In my opinion, people stating cars built in german are better than those that are built in US are just subjecting themselves to confirmation bias - it really doesnt matter. The rattles come from a ****ty design that wasnt caught in the design phase before transferring to mass production.

+1
Old 12-20-2016, 04:01 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Old 12-21-2016, 01:15 AM

C63S 2016
Originally Posted by sev7nflow

+1
Old 12-22-2016, 11:46 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
For what it's worth, European craftsmanship is dead. I was shopping in Louis Vuitton last weekend (Christmas SAP that I am) and found the quality of everything stamped Paris, appalling. It is one thing to say things handmade will not be perfect, but a $700 sill scarf shouldn't get through quality control with pulls and spots. I think we are living in a time where you build them as fast as you can make them, and if someone returns it, you give them another one. Sad.
At the risk of sounding like a xenophobe, I'm going out on a limb and saying fine European craftsmen have been replaced by untrained immigrant labor when the younger generation of Europeans decided they were too entitled to have to build things. Maybe I'm off base here, but I am officially old enough to remember the way things used to be. I remember luxury items being luxurious to the touch.
gabe.m (12-22-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C43 build quality vs c450