Sponsored by:

C43 sedan - iPhone internet tethering?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 01:09 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG C43 sedan
C43 sedan - iPhone internet tethering?

iPhone 6s+ bluetooth connection works perfectly but I can't get the tethering/internet connectivity to work with COMAND.

Anybody had success doing that? or is there a limitation with iOS hotspot?
Old 12-30-2016, 10:25 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
C63 amg esate
I've got the same problem also CarPlay won't work, from what I can gather I don't think they're enabled on the C class, I'm still waiting for a call back from the dealer to confirm it.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:06 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Originally Posted by Fordgt40
I've got the same problem also CarPlay won't work, from what I can gather I don't think they're enabled on the C class, I'm still waiting for a call back from the dealer to confirm it.
Internet connection for the 'mercedes benz apps', internet radio, web browser etc. should work (although my phone doesn't work either, I get get the message "data connection temporary unavailable" when I try to access the online features).

CarPlay however is definitely unavailable for the C Class (which is both strange and a shame since it's available on other-and even older-models like the CLS)
Old 01-01-2017, 08:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Sedan
Had that too and I think all that was needed was to turn on "Personal Hotspot" under settings on the iPhone.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Originally Posted by PR2000
Had that too and I think all that was needed was to turn on "Personal Hotspot" under settings on the iPhone.
Ah interesting. That makes sense, Thanks! Will give it a go.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:15 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
C63 amg esate
Tried that, couldn't get it to work, maybe I'm doing something wrong, can someone give stage by stage instructions please.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Trim105
Internet connection for the 'mercedes benz apps', internet radio, web browser etc. should work (although my phone doesn't work either, I get get the message "data connection temporary unavailable" when I try to access the online features).

CarPlay however is definitely unavailable for the C Class (which is both strange and a shame since it's available on other-and even older-models like the CLS)

any chance MB will give this to us via a software update? If Hyundai can do it, surely MB could from a technical perspective. I'd pay an upgrade fee for it even.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by OhMy
any chance MB will give this to us via a software update? If Hyundai can do it, surely MB could from a technical perspective. I'd pay an upgrade fee for it even.
You're not missing an awful lot on CarPlay. The nav integration is kind of nice but made unnecessary by mbrace. And the CarPlay integration is horribly buggy. I had it on my last car and could get it to do simple tasks like play Spotify less than half the time. I wound up just giving up and using BT.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by Lionel_Hutz
You're not missing an awful lot on CarPlay. The nav integration is kind of nice but made unnecessary by mbrace. And the CarPlay integration is horribly buggy. I had it on my last car and could get it to do simple tasks like play Spotify less than half the time. I wound up just giving up and using BT.
Apple CarPlay is amazing on Hyundai... No glitches at all.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Trim105

I think you have to pay the $18 a month to get the internet connection and apps and it is only 3G.
The following users liked this post:
ASH_C43 (01-03-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 03:24 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG C43 sedan
As some of you mentioned and also from reading up the COMAND manual again, it appears to me that all of the customers in the U.S. are forced to get internet connection by subscribing to mbraceŽ Entertain package.

Others, such as those in Canada, have the option of getting internet by tethering through a mobile phone via bluetooth or USB. Three pages in the manual go into all of the details to set it up.

It is a ridiculous to force U.S. customers to only have the option for using their slow 3G connection for internet.

Adding this to not having the CarPlay support for C-class, I have to say that MB marketing has really made some stupid choices here. I mean WTF!!!!

If anybody in the U.S. has made it to work for the new C-class, I'm all ears to know how...