C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions about the C43 (LED headlights, mbrace, and AMG exhaust)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 11:08 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Question A few questions about the C43 (LED headlights, mbrace, and AMG exhaust)

Hi, I'm trying to get some real feedback about certain features.

-Do the active LED headlights include corner lighting? (When taking a turn at slow speeds it activates a corner lamp)

-Those who have used mbrace (remote lock, engine start, etc). Does it work okay?

-Is the AMG performance exhaust worth it? I know this is a relative question but just wanted some feedback

Thanks for your reply!
Old 03-26-2017, 11:09 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Yes and yes. And yes. But some after market exhausts have proven to be a bit louder while providing some performance boosts
The following users liked this post:
unr1 (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Yes and yes. And yes. But some after market exhausts have proven to be a bit louder.
thank you
Old 03-27-2017, 12:50 AM

A final (hopefully) question

I see reviews saying the sport/comfort settings changes the suspension. I'm guessing that's BS?

Does it have any effect on the suspension at all?
Old 03-27-2017, 12:52 AM

Seems like this thread says it does change but it's minor.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-amg/660277-amg-ride-control-sports-suspension-question.html
Old 03-27-2017, 01:13 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Originally Posted by unr1
A final (hopefully) question

I see reviews saying the sport/comfort settings changes the suspension. I'm guessing that's BS?

Does it have any effect on the suspension at all?
Why would it be BS? Cars have been coming out with Adaptive suspension systems to control the firmness of the chassis for quite a bit now.

I don't know what features the US model comes with, but the standard Canadian model gets a substantially stiffer chassis feel when you put the car in Sport+ as opposed to Comfort.

If you have access to a Mercedes dealership close to you, why don't you just test drive it and get answers to all your questions?
unr1 (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
Why would it be BS? Cars have been coming out with Adaptive suspension systems to control the firmness of the chassis for quite a bit now.

I don't know what features the US model comes with, but the standard Canadian model gets a substantially stiffer chassis feel when you put the car in Sport+ as opposed to Comfort.

If you have access to a Mercedes dealership close to you, why don't you just test drive it and get answers to all your questions?
I was waiting for a reply like this. "Go to the dealership." Because a salesman is so easy to get information from!

I was guessing it's BS because I couldn't find any info about it on the website. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. Anyway, if you don't have time to answer the question you at least had time to tell me to visit a dealership lol
Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 AM

found the mention of suspension (3 stage variable dampening) under "AMG ride conrol"

I was expecting it under dynamic select. Thanks for the replies.

AMG RIDE CONTROL Sport Suspension with 3-stage damping
Standard
The AMG RIDE CONTROL Suspension responds with equal skill to the demands of the racetrack, city streets, highways and back roads. Lighter and more rigid than the standard C-Class, its AMG-developed springs and shock absorbers deliver highly responsive tracking and cornering with a balance of comfort and control, even as driving conditions vary. Along with 3-stage variable damping, the modes of AMG DYNAMIC SELECT also adapt the steering feedback.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 AMG C43
I'll try to help with 2 of your questions, or at a minimum will give you my perspective

AMG Performance Exhaust:

It's Insane! Most likely for $1,250 I would not have ordered it but my car has it and it's really impressive. I don't believe it does anything to actually improve the Performance as might be assumed but it's impressive to say the least

Active Suspension:

ABSOLUTELY changes EVERYTHING relating to the handling of the vehicle! I drive in Comfort mode most of the time but change to Sport/Sport+ when I have the urge to get on it. There is a VERY noticeable difference, this is a real feature that works well.

One of the things I like so much about the car is that it is a "Sleeper". When in my neighborhood, I drive in Comfort mode as to not disturb the peace, but at a red light waiting first in line, I'll frequently switch to Sport+ and rip off the line

Also, when driving on a typical 3 lane divided highway and looking ahead at a couple dozen vehicles all driving a little slow in all 3 lanes, I'll envision getting in front of the pack and switch to Sport mode to make my way to the front

This Comfort/Sport/Sport+ feature is one of my favorite things about the car. I haven't driven in eco-mode yet, but might put the cruise control on at the speed limit and rest my brain for 15 minutes a few times on my next long trip to see what it's all about
unr1 (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 08:32 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
I was waiting for a reply like this. "Go to the dealership." Because a salesman is so easy to get information from!

I was guessing it's BS because I couldn't find any info about it on the website. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. Anyway, if you don't have time to answer the question you at least had time to tell me to visit a dealership lol
LOL, you private messaged me to basically tell me that you're upset that I suggested you visit the dealership to get answers to some of your questions about a car?

Buddy, you need to grow some thicker skin. But then again, you can't bat an eyelid in this day and age without offending someone.
unr1 (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 09:04 AM

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
2020 C43 sedan(hers), 2021 Porsche 992 TurboS(his)
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
LOL, you private messaged me to basically tell me that you're upset that I suggested you visit the dealership to get answers to some of your questions about a car?

Buddy, you need to grow some thicker skin. But then again, you can't bat an eyelid in this day and age without offending someone.
Imagine... someone would rather troll a forum for feedback and then call out BS based on unsubstantiated info. Only to get their panties in a knot by a valid suggestion to visit a MB dealer for a test drive to provide first hand answers to their BS suggestions.

Wow....
unr1 (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Not sure what your dealership experiences have been like, but I've had no problems getting information from a salesmen regarding features I was interested in...so yes, I would think that a salesman is so easy to get information from. 5ilver5urfer was simply offering a suggestion in case you hadn't considered visiting a dealership...AFTER already offering up info to one of your questions! Some peoples kids...

Regarding, changing of the ride, it's most definitely not BS as others have stated. Much firmer and you definitely feel the road more, but the most notable change is in the throttle response and transmission shift points.

mBrace app is spotty in regards to confirmation that the car as actually started, but it's never not started remotely. I've also checked in on my cars location when in for service to make sure no one is out on a joyride. The new travel journal feature is nice, although I wish it pinged more frequently than every 8 minutes.
unr1 (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lexus IS350; BMW 330i
Hi I don't actually own a AMG C43 (yet!) but I can speak to the experience between testing a car without and with the performance exhaust (PE) both of which have been done in the past week so fresh on my mind.

1st test drive was without the PE and there was a lot of things to like, good ride, good power and I left the experience thinking it would be nice to have one once my lease is up (in 10 months.)

After doing some research on the AMG C43 and learning about the PE, I decided to testdrive one with....OMFG! What a rush! I couldn't stop grinning the whole time and after for the next couple of hours. I felt like a cigarette after the drive it was that good. What a treat! But then the withdrawal symptoms started kicking in. I looked at my Lexus IS350 - fsport and it didn't have the same styling, performance, sound. I started noticing all the little things that are wrong with her, she has started to let herself go in a few areas. Next I am starting to constantly build my ideal AMG C43 at work, listening to AMG C43 PE videos and sounds on google. dreaming about the AMG C43 and those sweet snap crackle and pop exhaust sounds. Next, I am calling my Lexus dealership to find out how much I need to buy out my lease. Pretty sure that I will be buying one this week or the next even if I have to sell crack, or give BJs in back alleys, hell maybe sell one or two of my kids....

So I highly recommend you test drive one with and with out the PE. The PE one should come with a warning though and I hope you can afford one cause you will be buying one whether you have the money or not... Good luck!
The following 2 users liked this post by triggerhappy:
DVision44 (03-27-2017), unr1 (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 03:14 PM

Thanks again everyone for your replies

when I was in the market for an Acura MDX a few years ago many of the reviews online said that changing from comfort to sport changed the suspension. This was not true. So I guess I'm traumatized from that experience lol. Hence my concern it was BS. But I should have looked more into it.

Happy Monday everyone

Last edited by unr1; 03-27-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Thanks again everyone for your replies

when I was in the market for an Acura MDX a few years ago many of the reviews online said that changing from comfort to sport changed the suspension. This was not true. So I guess I'm traumatized from that experience lol. Hence my concern it was BS. But I should have looked more into it.

Happy Monday everyone
The C300 does not have variable suspension modes with "dynamic select". The C450 and C43 have variable suspension as std equipment. I think C400 had this as an option but not standard equipment.
unr1 (03-27-2017)