Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 535 Posts
c
Ongoing Wheel/Tires and Rattle Issues

Hello,

So a while back I took the car into service for a few issues - severe vibration at 75+ MPH and rattle within the cabin. Two conditions with a decent correlation between the two.

So, they discovered 3 bent wheels. I have never bent a wheel in my life and now I had 3?

They also replaced 2 or 3 of the tires (not entirely clear) on the car after a second visit with continuation of the vibration.

They fixed the vibration. Rattles were better but still apparent in some locations.

Yesterday evening I took the wheels off to fit some spacers. The front drivers side tire is showing cord on the inner edge. They replaced the front passengers side wheel while sorting out the vibrations.

Now, all I can think is that the alignment was off or the uneven tires (1 with 10k miles and a brand new tire) created pull in the steering causing the premature wear on the inner edge. Or both of these things could be possible.

Anyways, I have been extremely frustrated with this car in a way no other new car has done before.

What would you do in my shoes? I haven't spent a dime on any of these repairs and my company owns 25+ sprinters.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8GT 6MT
in my opinion if the car is under warranty and it has been driven normally then this is entirely the dealer's problem to fix. it should be completely fixed, up to replacing all of the parts involved, such that you have a functioning vehicle and if they're unable to do that, replace the vehicle. they're certainly not going to just hand you this service but whether you own or lease the car, you are paying a lot of money for it to function as advertised. so long as you didn't damage it yourself and they can prove this, it's their problem. that's what warranties are for. if you're not getting a satisfactory level of service, you may explore other options like contacting corporate, sending a letter to the president/CEO, asking for help on twitter/facebook with your issues--making them public usually makes a company act a little faster because your experience might dissuade others from buying a car from their brand.

keep us posted on what happens.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c43
I have one bent wheel too after 1 month of use!

Did they charge you to replace the bent wheels? I didn't take the wheel/tire warranty..
Old 04-17-2017, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 535 Posts
c
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...res-later.html

this is the most recent news.

I did not have to pay for anything but this will not be the circumstance for everyone.