Old 04-05-2017, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 675 Likes on 532 Posts
c
4 bent wheels and 3 tires later

Some prior Information: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...le-issues.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...new-tires.html

Summary:

Basically car came with a faulty tire (not unheard of these days - my moms x5 had all 4 tires replaced a couple weeks after taking delivery. and it used the same pzeros I have but in a different size).

I brought the car in to address severe vibration while I was in Miami (I live in St. Pete) - they said they balanced 2 of the wheels (and did not mention any bends). The vibration was better but still very noticeable.

I bring the car into the Tampa dealer the next day - they find 3 bent wheels and do alignment. Alignment was off so bad that a tire was replaced (The paperwork said they replaced two tires - they only replaced one tire) due to tire wear.

I bring it back the following week saying vibrations are still bad. They replace another tire that could not be balanced and balanced the others (vibrations seemed to have been removed).

So at this point I had a brand new left rear and a brand new right front tire.

Now, I have inner shoulder wear on the left front tire - almost on the inner sidewall.

My problem is - I will have 4 tires all with different tread wear after wasting days, gas, and being stressed out. If the tires only last 15k (I have 15k) then I would be happy to replace 4 tires. But now I am gimped with odd interval tire changing and unable to justify going and buying 4 Michelin PS4's.

They are offering me some program that goes live in 2 days which basically says you buy 3 tires you get 1 free with an instant $150 rebate on top. I said, so my savings will be marginal as I can go down the street to the goodyear to have all 4 wheels done on my own - with my own choice of tire.

They got back to me saying the toe was off in the front and rear drivers side (as expected with the tire wear I saw when removing the wheel). They also informed me the drivers side front wheel was bent and the front tire needed to be replaced. Dealer wants to bill me for a tire and wheel repair while covering alignment (~$500.00 after tax).

This is a no go for me - so escalate the issue with MBOA and they are covering everything.

So, I am thinking of shelving these wheels and tires and slapping them back on before the lease end. Now, I am looking back into the TSW Interlagos with some Michelin tires mounted.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
Very frustrating indeed. Sorry to hear.

I do support your last line though as I am doing the exact same as we speak. Just recently got mine but will shelve the Pirellis run flats until lease end, and putting on the newly released Michelin PS4S. This week actually as they should arrive at the shop tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 675 Likes on 532 Posts
c
Originally Posted by mhenry
Very frustrating indeed. Sorry to hear.

I do support your last line though as I am doing the exact same as we speak. Just recently got mine but will shelve the Pirellis run flats until lease end, and putting on the newly released Michelin PS4S. This week actually as they should arrive at the shop tomorrow.
thanks.

yes- definitely seems worth the investment to alleviate the headache.