Everyone that has stolen their cars: Share your experiences

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Everyone that has stolen their cars: Share your experiences

I see that a lot of people here have stolen their C43s or atleast they are claiming to drive like they have stolen it.

Please share your unique experiences here. Like how you drive it to run away after you have stolen it? And how many times you have been pulled over, or what excuse you gave for stealing the car? Any ridiculous experiences where the Popo gently put metal bangles on your hand or gently exfoliated you? May be towed away your stolen car? Any damages to the car during towing?

On a serious note: With cars like ours, I think it wouldn't be weird to get ticketed for this and that every now and then. What I noticed is that if you in sports+ mode, people really do start noticing our cars. Just share your experiences on how that went.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:55 PM

Received 181 Likes on 142 Posts
2017 C43
Look at that, you actually didi it... so, you say you drive your car like you stole it, eh...

here's what happened to me...

It was a friday night, on my way home from work. I hit the cruise control as usual 40mph on a 35 (that's my OCD kicking in, right on time). I stick to my lane, dodge the usual stupid priusesuses (prii, is how they wanna be called if there's more than one-i hate those cars and the idiots that drive them, hahaha!), the minivans (with one child in the back-wow, what a people mover) and the pick-up trucks (they always seem to wanna race me-i don't know why).
On the last 2 corners right before i get to my street, I have a protected right turn lane. A gas station on the same corner. Well, what do you know... a prius decides that his time is more valuable than everyone else's, so he decides to block the lane and sit there until some good samaritan lets him in to the main thru lanes since all of them were waiting for their light to turn green. I flash my headlights once to let the ******* know how inconsiderate he was, tuck into the gas station, come back out in the same lane he was blocking and waited to be able to turn right.
As I was heading into my garage, there it was right behind me, an unmarked police car, with two lapd officers coming out. They wailed their siren once with red/blue lights flashing from inside. They order me out of my vehicle, shouting if i had warrants or if i was on probation. The other, telling me he could put me in jail for the way i was driving. Hmmmm, at this point i was trying to recount "the way" i was driving. Well, I thought to myself this would be interesting. I've never been to jail except those kissing jails back in high school during fairs... man, that was a loooong time ago, hahaha! Anyways, all I could remember was that incident in the gas station. Even if thats what they saw, there's no law against wanting to put gas and changing your mind (ha! already i had an excuse). They immediately pat me down, while saying they've been following me for the last 10miles! This is where the BS begins... first of, i only work 6miles away. Lets get our distance straight.
One of them proceeds to put me in handcuffs! I wasn't belligerent, all my neighbors were watching.
Cop 1: you were driving recklessly and speeding!
Me: 5 mi over? Cause I had my cruise control on at 40mph.
Cop 1: you were driving faster than that!
Me: really?
Cop 2: we've been following you for 10 mi. And almost fish tailed twice just to catch up with you.
Me: officer, i work 6mi away... the fastest i could be going was 40mph.
Cop 1: well, it doesn't mean you can drive the way you did.
Me: I really don't know what you're talking about.
Cop 2: you "PUNKS" need to be taught a lesson. Do you have your driver's lic and registration?
Me: yeah, my GUCCI leather wallet is in the side pocket of the door, and the registration is in a MERCEDES leather binder in the glove compartment. (I'm not the typical "punk")
Cop 2: you know, we're fine with you "KIDS" setting up your cars and all, but you can't drive that way.
Me: drive how? Cause I still don't know what you're talking about.
Cop 1: yes, you do.. you know exactly how you were driving!
Cop 2: (looking at my driver's lic) you were born in the year 196x?
Me: yeah i was... why, did i turn out to be older than you "KIDS" now?
Cop 1: you know if you just apologized, we'd probably let you go...
Me: apologize for what? I don't even know what to apologize for?
By this time my 26 year old daughter came out and asked the cops why i was in handcuffs. One of them said, "we didn't know if he was gonna run..." my daughter tells the same cop, "well, you have his driver's lic. The address is there where is he gonna run to, why is he still in handcuffs?" "My partner", the cop said, "is just writing the ticket and he should be free to go." "How about you?" my daughter asked, "why can't you take it off, you're not doing anything?" No answer from the cop after that.
Me: what ticket can you possibly write? I had my cruise control on at 40 on a 35, I work 6 miles away, I wasn't weaving in and out of traffic. Maybe its just the car, maybe it just looks fast... even when its parked, i said.
Cop 1: when was your last ticket?
Me: wow, maybe more than 10 years ago... it should say in your computer... check your video too, maybe we can review which part of my drive was reckless. Since you were apparently following me.
The minute i said that, cop1 goes "i'll let you off easy"...
Me: write what you want officer, i'm tired, 'just came home from work. Not my fault the car LOOKS fast. Write the ticket, i'll pay for it, go to traffic school for it, and lets all be on our way. I'm not gonna fight it, my time is more important than whatever that ticket is gonna cost.
In the end he wrote me up for... not speeding, not reckless driving... but, FAILURE TO YIELD ON A WHITE LINE!
Really, i said. This is the best you can do? You know what, take these handcuffs off and don't let it scratch my ZENITH watch... this is ridiculous. Teach us "PUNK KIDS" a lesson....
After $250, i still drive the way i do... again not my fault the car looks fast... the cop never even mentioned the stupid prius that was blocking my lane!

btw, here's a pic courtesy of my daughter who was worried, they'd taser or shoot me for no reason... hahahaha!

Last edited by mo11; 03-30-2017 at 03:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NYCSoiL (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

And here I thought my Loud Exhaust Ticket was bad, haha.

Also I should mention: I actually am a kid. Well I do not see any 22 year olds driving AMGs anyway. Atleast not with their own money.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:45 PM

2017 C43
Originally Posted by munis
And here I thought my Loud Exhaust Ticket was bad, haha.

Also I should mention: I actually am a kid. Well I do not see any 22 year olds driving AMGs anyway. Atleast not with their own money.
See... i told you, you shouldn't feel too bad...
Today i had my car washed. They had a new attendant and when he took the car to drive it into the wash area, he revved the car 3x and lurched it too aggressively for my taste... that's ok, i'll let it go... But, when it was time to drive it to the drying area. He did it again! This time he almost hit one of the cars heading into the same area. I just had to tell the owner to let the attendant know, i'm the only "allowed" to drive my car like i stole it, since i don't see the attendant cutting me a check for the monthly payments.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Jesus, mo11!

The cop realized he was caught in a tight spot and said "I'll let you off easy."

And at that point you thought it was a great idea to tell him to go ahead and write you a ticket? And went on further to tell him you wouldn't fight it and that you'll just pay whatever because your time is oh so "important"? Seriously?

What the hell is wrong with you?

This thread is embarrassing.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:01 AM

2017 C43
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Jesus, mo11!

The cop realized he was caught in a tight spot and said "I'll let you off easy."

And at that point you thought it was a great idea to tell him to go ahead and write you a ticket? And went on further to tell him you wouldn't fight it and that you'll just pay whatever because your time is oh so "important"? Seriously?

What the hell is wrong with you?

This thread is embarrassing.
yeah, the cop was already writing the ticket, he was just looking for a cheap offense to save face. When he said he was gonna let me off easy, he only meant he wasn't gonna write me up for reckless driving and speeding. Similar to when they catch you driving 90mph on the fwy, and they tell you, i'll let you off easy, i won't write you up for 90mph, i'll just put 77mph... kinda makes you think they dd you a favor, huh?
Why, did you really think he was just gonna uncuff me and tell me have a nice dinner? Lapd cops are not known to apologize nor admit to their mistake... even an honest one. Nah, they type casted the car and profiled me. When it became obvious i wasnt a "punk" and my car was immaculate, the best he could do instead of apologizing, is write the lowest offense he could find. Telling the cops i wasn't gonna fight it didn't make a difference at that point because he was already handing it to me. While his partner finally took off the cuffs.

Besides, even if I decided to waste my time to go to court an hour away, get a lawyer or even explain to the judge myself and the cop doesnt show up, or he didn't really catch me on video on the "white" line That would be at the very least, 3-4hrs. So, yeah as unbelievable as it may sound to you, i do find my time to be more important than that... and yes, since this thread is about getting tickets and sharing experiences about how you drive your own car like you stole it, it is meant to be embarrassing.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:41 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
is this the official boy racer thread
Old 03-31-2017, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by unr1
is this the official boy racer thread
Not really. That is why I opened it. It would be interesting to know how most of us drive. Most of the people say that they drive in sports+. Well if you just go through the first 2 gears, the car goes to 60+ kmph. Which is like +10 or +15 over limit in cities. You are not speeding per say, but because of ours cars being peformance car, we do get pulled over for nothing because of how loud it is. A lot of my friends have told me, that they feel very safe when inside the car, but from outside because of the sound, the cars looks really fast.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:47 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 AMG C43
One of my friends got his first ride today LOL

I Ripped through the 1st 3 gears in Sport+ with it floored

He was like WTF is THAT when the exhaust crackled between gears

Mine has the AMG Performance Exhaust which is very loud for this type of car

I have no idea what it sounds like on the outside and don't know if I want to be outside of the car with someone else driving yet