Sponsored by:

Lowered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 04:22 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Lowered

Just wanted to share. My car is lowered on H&R springs. As most no lowering the car will increase the camber quite drastically and you'll go through tires very quickly (especially the Pirelli runflats).

I recently purchased front and rear camber kits from Kmac suspension. The kits for our cars are not listed on their website.

If anyone else lowered is interested...the part # for the front kit is #503316 L and the rear kit is #502226 K. You have to give them a call to order.
The following users liked this post:
sean1.8t (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Good info

I am about to install springs and wasn't aware that camber was effected in this. Damn. I've already been on the fence about my wanting to lower this car considering it's a lease and all. Hmm...

How much are the kits? You install them yourself?
Old 06-21-2017, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
I like the drop actually. I went with wheel alignment only though. No problems so far
Old 06-21-2017, 10:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C450 AMG
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
I like the drop actually. I went with wheel alignment only though. No problems so far
I was literally about to post about if anyone had bad/uneven tire wear due to lowering springs..

did you have your car aligned at a local shop or is a special type that this car might require? (not sure on this topic)
Old 06-22-2017, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Yeah should we start a new thread on this to see how many people have had tire wear issues with lowering springs?

Because as of right now, if a [$900] camber kit is required, I'm not lowering my car.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:07 AM

Mercedes C450 AMG
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Yeah should we start a new thread on this to see how many people have had tire wear issues with lowering springs?

Because as of right now, if a [$900] camber kit is required, I'm not lowering my car.
You can tell the uneven wear (after a year) about 12k miles... but I wouldn't say you need to change immediately. I only notice it in the front tires.. so I will take it in for alignment and check wear after a couple thousand miles
The following users liked this post:
BRBM (06-22-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by c_sotelo5
You can tell the uneven wear (after a year) about 12k miles... but I wouldn't say you need to change immediately. I only notice it in the front tires.. so I will take it in for alignment and check wear after a couple thousand miles
Yeah, it's too early to say anything about it. Im only 3k miles on the lowering springs.. I just don't see a reason on dropping a lot of money on a lease car that I'm going to give away in 2,5 years. ECU tune, wheels and springs is enough for me. I also have two sets of wheels - summer and winter, so i hope i'll have to swap summer tires only once during the ownership.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 675 Likes on 532 Posts
c
I think those tires have more to do with your tire wear than the camber.

They basically have a running life of about 15k miles.

If you are out of alignment for even a couple thousand miles you are sure to see intense wear.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:18 PM

Mercedes C450 AMG
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Yeah, it's too early to say anything about it. Im only 3k miles on the lowering springs.. I just don't see a reason on dropping a lot of money on a lease car that I'm going to give away in 2,5 years. ECU tune, wheels and springs is enough for me. I also have two sets of wheels - summer and winter, so i hope i'll have to swap summer tires only once during the ownership.
Exactly! Same here lol I'm buying a set of non runflats either way sometime in July and keeping these to throw back on at lease end.

What kinda tune did you go with? Or planning to get
Old 06-22-2017, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by c_sotelo5
Exactly! Same here lol I'm buying a set of non runflats either way sometime in July and keeping these to throw back on at lease end.

What kinda tune did you go with? Or planning to get
Im running OE Tuning
Old 06-23-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 181 Likes on 142 Posts
2017 C43
For those who want to lower their cars and have concerns regarding tire wear due to the negative camber these cars have, i hope this helps.
This is how my front tires look. But, before that let me just mention a few details. The tires came from my old e class coupe setup. It was also lowered on h&r springs. Although, my old e class didn't have as much of a negative camber as the c43, i did have it on these same tires for a little over 9k mi. I now have close to 3k mi. on my c43. So, in total around 12k mi. They're continental dws. My c43 with h&r springs front camber (if I remember correctly) was around -(1.6)* - -(1.9)*. Everything else, toe, caster etc. is original spec. But, keep in mind that the car does have a negative camber to begin with. Again, if I remember right stock spec was most likely -(1.3)*. I should have kept that alignment print out...!
I called K-mac (i think they're based in Australia), for the camber kit, the price was reasonable, but I decided against it because i'd still have a shop install it. After weighing my options, since this was a lease, i think replacing the tires would still come out cheaper in the end... and thats if i really have to replace them before turning the car in. But by the looks of it, i think my tires are doing ok... i'll let you guys be the judge... And no, i don't baby this car either... i love taking off corners and speeding on a curved on/off ramp.