Sponsored by:

C450/C43 Wheel Fitment Guide

Old 08-24-2017, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
C450/C43 Wheel Fitment Guide

Hello

Before we start, I would like to address that all the information provided is to the best of my knowledge. You may be able to get something to fit on your car where it will not fit on mine. I go for a hassle free worry free fit. I don't want to push it to the absolute limit because that usually ends in some magnitude of failure at some point.

I did the whole buy it and make it work on my w202, the fitment was what "everyone" ran with "zero rub". I ended up with fenders I had to paint the inner lip on every so often because it would rub very slightly on hard corners. also under full full load I could scrape slightly on rear inner fender liner. you wouldn't even hear it but it would be there. I do not want to get close to that on this beautiful machine. As an engineer I strive to make things engineered as they should be. Working in the automotive industry I can tell you cost is number one. They don't care if we want aggressive, they want the cheapest possible that meets spec and will still sell. I agree the wheel on this car can be more aggressive like the c63 and beyond, but I do feel there is a limit that some of you are pushing. Some are calling it "mexiflush".

I am setting this up to be a daily driver in Michigan and able to take it on the track without thinking twice about the handling characteristics or rubbing or number one, my safety.

Keep in mind a lot of this information may be common knowledge to a lot of you, but I wanted to consolidate as much as I could into one thread as a one stop shop for people who don't know how to search. Also the pictures will make it easier to understand.

Lets begin...

As seen on the forums, wheel fitment, front wheel fitment specifically, is extremely challenging for our vehicles.

I see a bunch of questions about what wheel width, what offset, what spacer, what will fit, etc

Over the course of the next 6 months, I will be updating this thread with information about how I am finding my "perfect" set of shoes for my c43. Due to winter coming up in Michigan, I will be taking some time getting this fitment perfect. The stock 18s with all seasons will get me through the winter. The reason I am starting this so soon is because I have a set of OEM c63 wheels from my 204, and guess what they have offsets for the front that are questionable. So I was able to mount them up to see where we stand.

I have a 2017 c43. My vehicle shipped with 18 inch wheels and Pirelli C7 All Season tires.

The stock 18 inch wheels are 18x7.5j et 33 front and 18x8.5j et49.

If you have the stock 19s the front dims are the same. The rear et is 52 for the 19s, so slightly less aggressive.

Ideally, I always like to stick with C63 OEM wheels. So I looked into that first. I was able to download ordering guides for the 2018 coupes and sedans. These helped tremendously when trying to find oem wheel sizes and also see body differences if any.

Here is the coupe wheel options. As we can see the c43 coupe has same wheels as sedan.

BUT when we look at the c63 wheel selection, we see the wheels are MUCH wider and the offsets in the front are extremely aggressive. Even if offset was perfect, a 9 inch front wheel is not happening on the c43 without major fender modification or a perfect offset and suspension geometry with most likely some rubbing and a skinny tire. At this point I took the coupe wheels out of the running for my sedan. Look at the drawings of the cars as well, you can see the coupe has a different front bumper, fenders and rear fenders/bumper to accommodate the wider setup.

So thinking oem c63 wheels are a no go, I proceeded to mount the w204 c63 wheels to get a baseline width and offset to work with. I would later find out the c63 sedan wheels are different sizes than the coupe wheels and things were gunna get interesting. Also in the back pocket, 19 inch black series or 507 w204 wheels have same off sets and widths as the c63 18s I was trying on. If I could make these work, I knew I at least had something I could put on and still look good.

2013 C63 OEM front wheel. 18x8 et 45 with a 235/40/zr18 Michelin PSS tire. fits the calipers but hits inner control arm barely. Needs 3mm spacer and should clear. maybe a 4 or 5mm but that would definitely clear. 5mm would be safe.

how it looks mounted up to car. Note wheel does not sit perfectly straight due to upper control arm contact.

caliper barely fits. about same fit as oem wheel.

caliper fits

bit rotors and caliper. impressive.

oem w205 amg 18 vs oem w204 amg 18

another one.

Pilot super sport tread so much more aggressive and wider than the all season. Note this is only one size larger (235 c63 vs 225 c43) but those Michelin tires run much wider and square.

up close of difference.

front hub extension. Hub wheel centering surface is 5mm and is 8mm out from rotor face this includes a 3mm radius. front hub extends 13mm total (3mm radius + 5mm centering surface + 5mm taper down

showing hub taper is actually 65.56mm 1 mm less than actual wheel centering diameter.

my iPhone notes on same photos

iPhone notes same photos

Last edited by Star4life; 08-24-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 662 Likes on 521 Posts
c
Would easily and happily provide best specs for this car if you'd like, to fit the bill for what you seek. I do this all the time for my friends and my maths are pretty good (sorry for the shameful boast).

I will add a couple of things about spacers. Anything between 8 and 14mm spacers (off the shelf name brand spacers not sourced from ebay) will not sit flush with the rear wheel hub or the rear of the hub on the car. I recommend only using spacer at ~5mm length or bumping up to 15mm+.

If you are lowering the car without adding adjustable control arms - you will have additional camber added to your car which should not prematurely wear the tires drastically, but it will alter fitment by up to ~10mm.

If I had to choose a set-up again, I would run (this will be flush with the fenders):
19x8 et25 on 235/40/19 front
19x9 et 40 on 265/35/19 rear

If you wanted to dial the aggressiveness back, you could simply add 5 offset to each of the specs (running et30/et45 f/r).

I am running 19x8 et30 front (245's) and 19x9.5 et48 (275's) on stock suspension:

Last edited by alexasa; 08-24-2017 at 03:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
gpouliniii (09-10-2020)
Old 08-24-2017, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by alexasa
Would easily and happily provide best specs for this car if you'd like, to fit the bill for what you seek. I do this all the time for my friends and my maths are pretty good (sorry for the shameful boast).

I will add a couple of things about spacers. Anything between 8 and 14mm spacers (off the shelf name brand spacers not sourced from ebay) will not sit flush with the rear wheel hub or the rear of the hub on the car. I recommend only using spacer at ~5mm length or bumping up to 15mm+.

If you are lowering the car without adding adjustable control arms - you will have additional camber added to your car which should not prematurely wear the tires drastically, but it will alter fitment by up to ~10mm.

If I had to choose a set-up again, I would run (this will be flush with the fenders):
19x8 et25 on 235/40/19 front
19x9 et 40 on 265/35/19 rear

If you wanted to dial the aggressiveness back, you could simply add 5 offset to each of the specs (running et30/et45 f/r).

I am running 19x8 et30 front (245's) and 19x9.5 et48 (275's) on stock suspension:

thanks for your input. I actually saw your recommendation in another post.

either way even a 30 off set may be pretty aggressive for the front. I dont want the front wheels so far out they spray my door with rocks.

the rears on the other hand are much too far in but not sure if 40 is too far out or not. I feel morecomfortable with rears coming out to blast a plastic bumper than the fronts but still need to look balanced. I will finish with what I have for now.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Star4life
thanks for your input. I actually saw your recommendation in another post.

either way even a 30 off set may be pretty aggressive for the front. I dont want the front wheels so far out they spray my door with rocks.

the rears on the other hand are much too far in but not sure if 40 is too far out or not. I feel morecomfortable with rears coming out to blast a plastic bumper than the fronts but still need to look balanced. I will finish with what I have for now.
Again, I like flush fitment - your OP obviously states that you do not.

I can recommend something for you, if you'd like (would need more info).

What does, "I Will finish with what I have for now" mean?
Old 08-24-2017, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
The next step was to mount up the rear to see where we are at. I had the oem c63 w204 wheels. I mounted up the 18 x 9j et 54 with a Michelin pilot super sport 265/35/18. It mounted fine no issue with plenty of room to spare on all sides.

OEM w204 c63 rear wheel 18x9 et 54 with 265/35/18 bolts up fine with plenty of clearance all around. can be pushed out a little more to be more aggressive.

OEM w204 c63 rear wheel 18x9 et 54 with 265/35/18 bolts up fine with plenty of clearance all around. can be pushed out a little more to be more aggressive.

w205 C43 Rear Hub wheel centering surface is about 7mm. There is a 3mm radius and a 2mm taper.The hub extends roughly 12mm from the face of the rotor (3mm radius + 7mm centering + 2mm taper)

iPhone notes

After this I dove more into the sedan buyers guide and I was surprised I found some hopeful information.

The sedan wheels may actually fit!! The oem c63 sedan wheels come in 19x8.5 et 38 and 19x9.5 et 56. This is something we can definitely work with. I also looked at the dimension drawings as well as suspension differences between c300, c43, and c63. I can see why we are struck with bad luck. But with proper wheel fitment, I don't mind having a beefed up suspension.

c63 suspension. Beefy arms but with a larger arc for wheels. end links for anti roll bar in same spot as c300 down lower not up on control arm like the c43.

c300 similar design to c63 just not as beefy and plenty of arc for the wheel.

c43 had bigger control arm but not as much upper control arm arc for wheel clearance. in addition, end link for anti roll bar is attached as well due to AWD. c300 4 matic has similar set up I am sure.

stock tire to c63 oem w204 tire and wheel.

This we know does not fit on the front.

pushing it out 5mm may be the bare minimum to bolt up and fit. May not allow enough room for flex during use.

you can see that the c63 and c43 seem to share the same rear end.

the difference between the c63 and c43 seems to only be the front bumper and fenders. all else seems equal unless there is an underlying change.

the amg sedan wheels from the c63 may work! The rears should bolt up perfect no issue. They may need to be spaced for a more aggressive feel. <br/><br/>The fronts however will require spacers. 5mm may be the most you can do without going to 15mm to clear hub. we will see if that fits. If it does the front would fit with 5 mm spacers and you would be good to go. to match bolts id add 5mm spacers on rear as well and be content with that setup.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Again, I like flush fitment - your OP obviously states that you do not.

I can recommend something for you, if you'd like (would need more info).

What does, "I Will finish with what I have for now" mean?

I understand. yes I saw you said to push wheels 5mm in more to sit slightly in. I appreciate your offer for help but I prefer to do things on my own and provide my results. I may find something you overlooked and vice versa which is why I appreciate your input.

I can agree with your tire recommendation at this point. I do not like the 245/275 setup due to the ending diameters, it leaves the wheel well looking empty. If you lower this may be a good thing, but I don't plan to lower right away and if I do it will be with coil overs and it wont be a huge drop since I still want track use.

this car does not yearn for traction like the c63 does. our awd system is beast for getting us off the line.

235/40/19 and 265/35/19 will be the tires I will run. this will reduce unsprung weight as well and aid in making the ride more complaint. also you gain some sidewall as well.

There are no negatives to running the 235/265 combo that I see. braking may be a bit better with a larger front contact patch but good compound/lower wheel and tire weight can make up for the small difference there. there is no way we are fitting 265s or even 255s on the front flawlessly. if anyone has please let me know but I don't see it.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
I understand. yes I saw you said to push wheels 5mm in more to sit slightly in. I appreciate your offer for help but I prefer to do things on my own and provide my results. I may find something you overlooked and vice versa which is why I appreciate your input.

I can agree with your tire recommendation at this point. I do not like the 245/275 setup due to the ending diameters, it leaves the wheel well looking empty. If you lower this may be a good thing, but I don't plan to lower right away and if I do it will be with coil overs and it wont be a huge drop since I still want track use.

this car does not yearn for traction like the c63 does. our awd system is beast for getting us off the line.

235/40/19 and 265/35/19 will be the tires I will run. this will reduce unsprung weight as well and aid in making the ride more complaint. also you gain some sidewall as well.

There are no negatives to running the 235/265 combo that I see. braking may be a bit better with a larger front contact patch but good compound/lower wheel and tire weight can make up for the small difference there. there is no way we are fitting 265s or even 255s on the front flawlessly. if anyone has please let me know but I don't see it.
I did not realize you were making this a thing, with multiple posts, etc.

You are way over thinking it, this is not rocket science. But, hey, if you wanna journal it I'm sure someone will find it interesting.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
I did not realize you were making this a thing, with multiple posts, etc.

You are way over thinking it, this is not rocket science. But, hey, if you wanna journal it I'm sure someone will find it interesting.

its not rocket science but a lot of people treat it like it is. I am making this to inform people of the steps and process they should consider when selecting wheels. Having crappy offsets or tires sizes especailly when lowering withouth adjusting suspension geometry can make for a ****ty ride then everyone justifies that ****ty ride because it looks cool in pictures.

Its one thing to look good in pictures, and another to actually function as well.

With that being said, I am leaning towards the OEM forged wheels now from the 205 c63 sedans with 5mm spacers all around. This allows me to use same sized lugs all around.

My question is, will et 33 with a 8.5 inch wheel up front clear? Will it be tire dependent? I am thinking about ordering one front forged to find out.

The most ive seen so far is et 32 with a 245. if i run a 235 up fron twith et33 will it make it even under full flex conditions? anyone have input?

The rear will bolt up with or without the 5mm and look good either way. it will be 5mm or 10mm more agressive than the 18s I have now which is good. I just need the pilot 4s to be sold in a damn 285/30 to match the front other wise im stuck with 255s or 265 or 275. ugh. any input on et 33 in front?
Old 08-25-2017, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
its not rocket science but a lot of people treat it like it is. I am making this to inform people of the steps and process they should consider when selecting wheels. Having crappy offsets or tires sizes especailly when lowering withouth adjusting suspension geometry can make for a ****ty ride then everyone justifies that ****ty ride because it looks cool in pictures.

Its one thing to look good in pictures, and another to actually function as well.

With that being said, I am leaning towards the OEM forged wheels now from the 205 c63 sedans with 5mm spacers all around. This allows me to use same sized lugs all around.

My question is, will et 33 with a 8.5 inch wheel up front clear? Will it be tire dependent? I am thinking about ordering one front forged to find out.

The most ive seen so far is et 32 with a 245. if i run a 235 up fron twith et33 will it make it even under full flex conditions? anyone have input?

The rear will bolt up with or without the 5mm and look good either way. it will be 5mm or 10mm more agressive than the 18s I have now which is good. I just need the pilot 4s to be sold in a damn 285/30 to match the front other wise im stuck with 255s or 265 or 275. ugh. any input on et 33 in front?
But, you're the one treating it like rocket science. lol

First off, you are leaving out an important point, tire size diameter. The front and rear should match and the overall diameter should be within 3% of the OEM size. I would recommend staying within 1.5% of OEM size in either direction.

And using 19x8.5 et38 (effectively et33) and 19x9.5 et56 (effectively et51). The front will be more aggressive than the rear. You would also be using a 275/35 in the rear to match the front (being 235/40). Or you could run 235/35 and 275/30, but the other fitment would be better and closer to OEM - and I always prefer upsizing diameter to downsizing (but I like a nice beefy and purposeful look). (Alternative options exist for the rear width)

Are you planning on lowering the vehicle?

I do not know if fitting a 8.5 et33 on a 235 will work, but I wouldn't try it or I wouldn't recommend it anyway because a 235 looks nice and square on an 8 inch wheel. The only way to make an 8.5 inch wide wheel functional in the front is by running a wider tire (these cars are nose heavy and prone to understeer so the more tire you can fit in the front the better the performance will be).

Last edited by alexasa; 08-25-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 196 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Im running Niche
Front: 19"x8.5" +34 with 225/40/19
Rear: 19"x9.5" +50 with 265/35/19
Patton250 (09-08-2019)
Old 08-26-2017, 12:21 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 MB C43 coupe, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Im running Niche
you mentioned needing a 3-5 mm spacer with your setup. is that in front, back, or both? thanks
Old 08-26-2017, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Im running Niche
And you ran this same set-up on your old c450 sedan? IIRC? And now it's on c43 coupe?

Coupe and sedan rear fitment seems similar enough:

Fr
20x8.5 32 offset
235/35 20

Rr
20x10 45 offset
275/30 20

The following 2 users liked this post by alexasa:
gpouliniii (09-06-2020), SilverC450 (04-11-2021)
Old 08-26-2017, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
I have highlighted where the first point of contact for inner clearance in this with some red/pink shading. You may have more inner clearance with a 20 inch wheel due to the barrel sitting proud of this lump on the control arm. Then you obviously run into the top curve. additional camber adjustment should net inner clearance by going more positive, but will then make the top shoulder act more proud of the fender. So, there is wiggle room if testing the boundaries.

But, none of this is necessary if choosing the proper and conservative fitment. A proper summer tire in 235/245 and a rear with 265/275 is going to be plenty for the power of the car.

Last edited by alexasa; 08-26-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Star4life (09-25-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by ryanSTL
you mentioned needing a 3-5 mm spacer with your setup. is that in front, back, or both? thanks
3mm for front only
Old 08-26-2017, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
And you ran this same set-up on your old c450 sedan? IIRC? And now it's on c43 coupe?

Coupe and sedan rear fitment seems similar enough:

Fr
20x8.5 32 offset
235/35 20

Rr
20x10 45 offset
275/30 20
Yeah, the same exact fitment with the sedan
Old 08-28-2017, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
my current plan is to run 235/40/zr19 front and 265/35/zr19 rear on 8.5j et33 and 9.5j et51 on the oem multi spoke forged rims. NYCsoil, do you think a 2mm spacer would have worked? you said the 34mm bolted up with tire? or just with rim? i am hoping i can get away with 33mm in front. run 5mm spacer all around and use same 5mm longer than oem lugs all around.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:21 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C43
Does anyone know the weight of the factory 19" wheels?
Old 09-19-2017, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by JGreen76
Does anyone know the weight of the factory 19" wheels?
not sure of 19" but 18s are 50.1 lbs front and 52.0 lbs rear. with tire. so 19s are most likely heavier.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
a little update for you all.

I have just ordered wheels and all accessories.

RAD bolts and locks coming in from otis inc la.

H&R wheels spacers of all sizes 3mm-15mm coming in from H&R. depending on what works i will share part numbers. i ordered some 10mm and 12mm special application spacers from H&R that may work. we will see.

OEM TPMS ordered in.

Michelin Pilot sport 4s already at the house. 235/40/zr19 and 265/35/zr19.

And the moment you have been waiting for.

wheels, i opted for OEM 507 forged 19s (21.8 lbs each ). we will see how they look. but i really liked how they are 8j front and 9j rear. will square the tires nicely and leave plenty of room for activity and perfecting the stance on a non lowered car.

if you cant find 507 oem wheels, BBS CIR is a very close look alike also 19x8 and 19x9. bolts right up and not too heavy. other wise the fitment with all 8.5j seems to be pretty agressive if not lowered and the inner clearance is just to tight for my liking.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
a little update for you all.

I have just ordered wheels and all accessories.

RAD bolts and locks coming in from otis inc la.

H&R wheels spacers of all sizes 3mm-15mm coming in from H&R. depending on what works i will share part numbers. i ordered some 10mm and 12mm special application spacers from H&R that may work. we will see.

OEM TPMS ordered in.

Michelin Pilot sport 4s already at the house. 235/40/zr19 and 265/35/zr19.

And the moment you have been waiting for.

wheels, i opted for OEM 507 forged 19s (21.8 lbs each ). we will see how they look. but i really liked how they are 8j front and 9j rear. will square the tires nicely and leave plenty of room for activity and perfecting the stance on a non lowered car.

if you cant find 507 oem wheels, BBS CIR is a very close look alike also 19x8 and 19x9. bolts right up and not too heavy. other wise the fitment with all 8.5j seems to be pretty agressive if not lowered and the inner clearance is just to tight for my liking.
I've been MIA. But this should be great, keep us updated and please ensure the spacers are sitting flush to both the rear of the wheel hub and the hub of the vehicle. I remember someone running a 10mm (IIRC) and found out later it was wobbling.
Rbro27 (10-30-2023)
Old 09-20-2017, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
here are the links to the special spacers i am talking about.

hopefully you guys havent tried them and failed yet.

the first one i think will clear hub, but not sure if it will sit flush on wheel due to chamfer angle. as a last ditch effort i will machine front wheels to match this chamfer if this offset is needed.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-...ir/2455668~hr/

From the pictures for these last 2, it doesnt look like much of a step if any. if there is a step it does not look like much. the last 3mm of our hub tapers to 65.56 about 1mm less in diameter. if one of these has the best chance at fitting it will be the 12mm one. which i would prefer becuase this would put the wheel at oem offset which is ideal for keeping suspension geometry the exact same. we will see!!

Worst case scenario adding a 4mmx45 degree chamfer to the wheels is not the hardest thing ever. and will probably be the route i take if the 15mm spacers stick out too far.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-...pair/20556659/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-...pair/24556659/
Old 09-20-2017, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
here are the links to the special spacers i am talking about.

hopefully you guys havent tried them and failed yet.

the first one i think will clear hub, but not sure if it will sit flush on wheel due to chamfer angle. as a last ditch effort i will machine front wheels to match this chamfer if this offset is needed.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-...ir/2455668~hr/

From the pictures for these last 2, it doesnt look like much of a step if any. if there is a step it does not look like much. the last 3mm of our hub tapers to 65.56 about 1mm less in diameter. if one of these has the best chance at fitting it will be the 12mm one. which i would prefer becuase this would put the wheel at oem offset which is ideal for keeping suspension geometry the exact same. we will see!!

Worst case scenario adding a 4mmx45 degree chamfer to the wheels is not the hardest thing ever. and will probably be the route i take if the 15mm spacers stick out too far.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-...pair/20556659/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-...pair/24556659/
I have tried those 12's and they did not work. I forget if they did not sit flush on which surface, but can get that in my emails to Supreme.

Those others are interesting..

Edit: They did not sit flush with the rear of the wheel hub. So they may work on your specific aftermarket wheels? Slim chance I would say. I can show you the invoice with the same part number, even.

Last edited by alexasa; 09-20-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
I have tried those 12's and they did not work. I forget if they did not sit flush on which surface, but can get that in my emails to Supreme.

Those others are interesting..

Edit: They did not sit flush with the rear of the wheel hub. So they may work on your specific aftermarket wheels? Slim chance I would say. I can show you the invoice with the same part number, even.

its fine i believe you. like i said above. i will use them as a worst case scenario. i work at a auto supplier and our machine shop can easily cut me a 4mm x 45 degree chamfer on the front wheels if needed.

it wont effect the structure and would only take off maybe 2mm of the centering from wheel. stock camfer is 2mm x 45 degrees.

i got the oem 507 wheels from teh w204 black series. i assume chamfer will be same as my oem wheels for the w205. i had w204 18" amg wheels i just sold and thier chamfer was same as my w205 wheels.

i am hoping the other ones i showed will just work and everyone on the forum will go home happy.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Big update today!!

507 wheel order placed!! I will have oem 507 wheels coming in shortly.

I also have received my OEM TPMS sensors. (they were only $51 each vs the Schrader $45 each tpms dot com) for $6 more per sensor it was nice to get the OEM.

I order all my oem parts from OEMercedesBenzParts dot com. They have best pricing I have found or close to it and their shipping is usually cheaper. for some on west coast the Arizona or Georgia wholesale benz sites may be cheaper. just shop them all around.

Part number on TPMS sensors is 000 905 8504 for the set of 4. This includes 4 of part number 000 905 0030.

I also ordered RAD bolts and locks from Otis inc LA with satin black bolt covers.

I ordered M14x1.5 x 45mm long. R14 ball seat (VERY IMPORTANT).

The oem size is M14 x 1.5 x 27mm R14 Ball seat so 15mm spacers makes it 42mm. the next size up that is common is 45mm. on this car since it has an Electronic parking brake in caliper, we don't have to worry about the rear drum parking brake and hitting springs. Once I fit these bolts on vehicle I can see how much rear clearance we have to play with safely. only thing I can think that could be possibly hit would be a wheel speed sensor depending on where it reads from and how far it pokes down in there.

I ordered a bunch of H&R spacers in. I can verify as many have on here before, the 15mm spacers will fit. today I will try the 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 mm spacers and report my findings. I have ordered special 10mm and 12mm to see if we can get around this hub issue properly.

In addition I also made some wheel weight measurements.

The w204 cast 18" amg wheels are about 25 lbs front and 26 lbs rear. total package with Michelin tires was 48 lbs front and 51 lbs rear new. the more rubber you burn the lighter they get!!

I also weighed the factory 18" amg wheels from the w205. They came in at 50.1 lbs front and 52lbs rear.

With the new Michelin pilot 4s and on the 507 wheels I should be at 45 lbs front and 49 lbs rear. so significantly lighter up front and lighter in the rear as well while obtaining more rubber on the road and a comfier ride due to non run flats.

I did some baseline testing with the 18" w204 wheels and I was able to mount the front wheel with 7mm of spacing to get it from an et of 45 down to et 38. this barely fit and the tire was "slightly" rubbing the rubber on the anti roll bar bushing. on a slightly stretched fitment 8.5j wheel with a 235 even a thick one such as Michelin , I think you could fit an 8.5j et 32. maybe even et 33 on a 19 or 20 inch wheel. 18 inch wheel is up for debate as any clearance we can get away from the hump on the control arm will help. I still think the 8.5j may poke a little bit too much on a non lowered car for some of your tastes. but on a lowered car may be perfect as long as there is no major tire or wheel flexing under full use.

Here are some pictures to show all of this info and wheel selection process.

also no pictures included here but the BBS CIR was another great contender in good fitment. 19x8 and 19x9 with good et for non lowered cars.

w204 c63 cast wheel 18" weight with tire front

235/40/18 Michelin pss

w204 c63 cast wheel 18" weight with tire rear

265/35/18 Michelin tire pss

w205 18" amg oem front weight with run flat Pirelli 225/45/18

tires in the car

the tires

the tires, the car.

cute pic of our 6month border/aussie playin in some nice rubber.

pilot super sport 235/40 vs Michelin pilot 4s 235/40, they say the 4s runs wider.

Pirelli cintuator run flat 245/40 vs Michelin pilot 4s 265/40, they say the 4s runs wider than even the pss. these will look great on here.

pilot super sport 235/40 vs Michelin pilot 4s 235/40, they say the 4s runs wider.

Michelin pilot 4s front tire 235/40/19 weight 23.5 lbs

Michelin pilot 4s rear tire weight 26-7 lbs

black oem c63 wheels?

507s look amazing, their width is perfect, will they look good on a w205? we will find out!

black ff15? can they fit well on a non lowered car?

love these wheels but can we make this fit the c450/43? Silver or black?

love these wheels but can we make this fit the c450/43? Silver or black?

black ff04?

silver ff04?

trying to get a feel for silver or black on a black car. I can see it looking good either way.

trying to get a feel for silver or black on a black car. I can see it looking good either way.

if you don't mind the front not exactly matching the rears, you could get a cla45 amg wheel to put on front and get the c63 amg wheels for rear. cla45 wheel is 19x8 et48 up front. center cap is different as it has exposed lugs and also amg logo is different on outer rim edge. but machined lip and design is same. possibly different color as well. I did want to go this route as my ocd would kick in.

Last edited by Star4life; 09-25-2017 at 03:39 PM.
alwazsidwaz (09-26-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 06:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'17 AMG C43
Looking good so far...any plans to try out a 20mm spacer on the back? Heard it might be able to take it without rubbing and will get the tire even with the fender.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450/C43 Wheel Fitment Guide