Performance Seats Uncomforable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
Originally Posted by aowhaus
I heard from a few people that the performance seats are not that comfortable on long drives and especially if you are heavier set (maybe a good reason to lose some weight!).
They do look really nice, but I think it looks more appropriate in a coupe or cabriolet.
Save the money, feel more comfortable and go with the standard seats.
It's not like the standard seats are all that comfy.

My body ached after ~2 hours in the seat.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 C43 Sedan
I heard from a few people that the performance seats are not that comfortable on long drives and especially if you are heavier set (maybe a good reason to lose some weight!).
They do look really nice, but I think it looks more appropriate in a coupe or cabriolet.
I'm an athletic build at 170lbs, 5'9", and I cannot sit in these seats for two hours. I found some memory foam cushions for the bottom and with that I have done day long road trips, without them after about an hour I start getting pretty uncomfortable. I do have some back issues though, it's hard to tell if that's my issue because my butt just feels bruised after a while. My wife on the other hand finds them fine, and so have a number of other people I've had in my car. It really depends on your body, it is not a 1 seat fits all though.

But they do look awesome, and taking corners hard they hug you just right.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:33 PM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
If you do a search for performance seats on this site you will be surprised (like me) to see how many people say how comfortable the performance seats are, even on long rides. i'm going to go and sit in them myself but am probably leaning toward them...i do still have to lose weight though. haha
Old 02-06-2019, 04:45 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by Chaznik
I think that they make the car. They have great
support and a lot of adjustment. I went heated and airscarf. Also on the cab you have to upgrade to leather for this setup.

i couldn’t have bought the car with the Faux leather seats. That is just wrong IMO!

we have had the car for four months and done 1400 miles to long distance comfortnisnt an issue. Saying that I can’t see why I would struggle on a long journey!

one thing to note is I think they sit slightly higher than stock seats?

I must have missed your post...what do you mean by "on the cab you have to upgrade to leather for this setup"? Are you referring to the AIRSCARF option? Heated option? Both options?

As far as I can tell, there was only one style performance seats available (code 555) and they are all leather (no non-leather options). I have heated/ventilated and AIRSCARF confirmed on my order...just confused by what sounds like you're alluding to being still another option...?
Old 02-06-2019, 05:01 PM

c63s
Oh wait, I just realized this is the C43 forum...i thought the post was related to the C63...if your post was only relegated to the C43, then just ignore my comment. Thanks
Old 02-06-2019, 05:35 PM

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by mrguitar
Oh wait, I just realized this is the C43 forum...i thought the post was related to the C63...if your post was only relegated to the C43, then just ignore my comment. Thanks
Yeah was C43 based. To have performance seats heated and airscarf you have to upgrade to the leather option otherwise you can have heated only.
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (02-06-2019)