need help in making decision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 01:46 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 C63s AMG
need help in making decision

Hi All,

I was looking at used 2017 c43 with performance seats, exhaust and steering wheel 7,500 miles for 55k. I arrived bit late to the party and dealer sold the car that morning.

Now I have been searching for new 2017 C43 and found one that I really like. it has performance exhaust, steering wheel, and Seats
but designo package MSRP $69,700 and OTD $77,500 I got the dealer down to 66k OTD.

do you think it's a good price or should I wait for 2018 model?

Options :-
Designo Saddle Brown Performance Seat Package
Amg Performance Seats
Premium 3 Package
Comand Dvd Player
Control Code
8.4" High-Resolution Screen
Static Led Headlamps
Navigation Map Updates Included For 3 Years
Burmester Surround Sound System
Comand W/Navigation And Voice Control
Amg Illuminated Door Sill Panels
Ambient Lighting (3 Colors)
Siriusxm Traffic And Weather Services
Entrance Lamps In Doors
Hands-Free Access
Touchpad
Electronic Trunk Closer
Wheels: 19" Amg Multi-Spoke
Tires: 19" Summer Performance Run-Flat
Additional Options
Amg Nappa/Dinamica Performance Steering Wheel
Amg Performance Exhaust System
Blind Spot Assist
Designo Diamond White Metallic
Head-Up Display
Heated Front Seats (Std)
Illuminated Star
Linden Wood Trim
Panorama Roof
Rearview Camera
Tires: 19" Summer Performance Run-Flat
Wheel Locking Bolts

Additional Options
BLIND SPOT ASSIST
REARVIEW CAMERA
DESIGNO SADDLE BROWN PERFORMANCE SEAT PACKAGE -inc: AMG Performance Seats
WHEEL LOCKING BOLTS
AMG NAPPA/DINAMICA PERFORMANCE STEERING WHEEL
HEAD-UP DISPLAY
PANORAMA ROOF
PREMIUM 3 PACKAGE -inc: COMAND DVD Player Control Code 8.4" High-Resolution Screen Static LED Headlamps Navigation Map Updates Included for 3 Years Burmester Surround Sound System COMAND w/Navigation and Voice Control AMG Illuminated Door Sill Panels Ambient Lighting (3 colors) SiriusXM Traffic and Weather Services Entrance Lamps in Doors HANDS-FREE ACCESS Touchpad Electronic Trunk Closer
LINDEN WOOD TRIM
WHEELS: 19" AMG MULTI-SPOKE -inc: Tires: 19" Summer Performance Run-Flat

Thanks

Last edited by jatt143; 09-03-2017 at 02:13 PM. Reason: edit
Old 09-03-2017, 02:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
24 X7 and 23 XC90
Not a bad price for a loaded c43. Considering the 18 is the same car, I would go for the 17. UNLESS it's not the color combo you want.
The following users liked this post:
jatt143 (09-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 02:29 PM

2018 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by Dd1101
Not a bad price for a loaded c43. Considering the 18 is the same car, I would go for the 17. UNLESS it's not the color combo you want.
I don't like the interior color but saddle brown might grow on me but I just wanted to know if it sounds like a good deal? because it's their last AMG in the lot and they want it gone this weekend. I was there for couple hours working on deal and got them down from 69,900 to 60,500 + tax 5k lic fees etc to 66k OTD
Old 09-03-2017, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by jatt143
I don't like the interior color but saddle brown might grow on me but I just wanted to know if it sounds like a good deal? because it's their last AMG in the lot and they want it gone this weekend. I was there for couple hours working on deal and got them down from 69,900 to 60,500 + tax 5k lic fees etc to 66k OTD
I don't understand why people include "out the door" in their bargaining statements. Taxes and registration fees are non-negotiable and set by govt. You are not negotiating tax rates or reg fees. You are negotiating the final sale price of the vehicle.

If you are purchasing this car, you are looking to negotiate the best discount percentage off MSRP. MBUSA financing is fixed rates based upon credit tier.

If you are leasing this car you are negotiating the best discount and also checking that you are getting the best financing deal and the correct mileage allowance for your needs.

Your taxes and DMV fees are inconsequential to the negotiation.

Most people are able to get 8% off MSRP for a new vehicle. For the outgoing model you should be targeting 10-12% for a sedan, maybe a little less for a coupe. Discounts can vary quite a bit by market, but sedan sales are down nationwide and discounts should be pretty easy to find. If you are being offered a 13.4% discount, that is a very good deal. There is a small chance they could go lower, but I doubt it. I think you would have to expand your search area down to LA in order to find a better deal. Ask them to throw in rubber floor mats and a trunk liner and call it good or start emailing SoCal dealers.

Last edited by Mr. J; 09-03-2017 at 03:17 PM.
jatt143 (09-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 03:19 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
C450
Why pay extra for something that might grow on you? Doesn't make sense to me.
jatt143 (09-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 03:43 PM

2018 C63s AMG
Thanks for your input guys, I'm going to pass this as the interior color is not what I want.

is there a possibility I can build my own specs and take the specs to the dealer or order it online?
Old 09-03-2017, 08:12 PM
BEH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi A6
Further to "out the door price", I understand and accept taxes, registration and PDI charges.
However, I hate it when the dealer charges you $100.00 for gas, $350.00 Documentation Fees etc on a 72K car.
Seems to me to be "MickyMouse"
Also when I asked New Car Manager about discounting Extended Warranty he replied that it was not his department but was up to Finance Dept and they won't negotiate.
That is why I walked away from their "final price".
Also from what others have posted I hope to get better then 4% off MSLP for a off the lot 2017.
If not, I will order a 2018 and get exactly what I want.
I have learned from past experience not to settle for anything else just to save a couple of thousand dollars and not to be completely happy with the car, especially if I am keeping it for 5+ years.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by BEH; 09-03-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:28 AM

2018 C63s AMG
Update :-

So I went down to my local dealer today and ordered the 2018 C43 with packages I wanted. Delivery date is around Mid Nov. only thing i didn't get was the driver assist package and 8.4" screen audio system because I opted for android auto / apple carplay.

MSRP came out to be 67,340, I was only able to get $3,500 off MSRP as they kept on saying it's custom order and they can't take more than that off

what you guy's think?

Old 09-05-2017, 02:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG C43 Coupe
So I went down to my local dealer today and ordered the 2018 C43 with packages I wanted. Delivery date is around Mid Nov. only thing i didn't get was the driver assist package and 8.4" screen audio system because I opted for android auto / apple carplay.

MSRP came out to be 67,340, I was only able to get $3,500 off MSRP as they kept on saying it's custom order and they can't take more than that off

what you guy's think?
It totally depends on what part of the country live in. Seems like you live in SF Bay Area, California (me too!) where it's a bit harder to negotiate prices on compared to say rural part of the US. A dealer has a certain number of allocations available that they can use to order cars that end up in the showroom/storage. With that said, it is in their best short-term interest to sell what's already in stock. Placing a special order means that the dealer will have to give up their "best-selling" configuration and lock up that one allocation just for you. They're also taking a risk of you ending up not taking delivery of it (deposit is negligible since CA laws state that it must be fully refundable if you don't end up buying/leasing it).

You're getting around 5% off, which I think is good considering what I mentioned above. Of course, I'm sure if you've played the haggling game of going to different dealers and going back and forth you may be able to negotiate down further.

I recently placed an order for 2018 C43 Coupe (also expecting delivery by Nov) and was able to get $3000 off from MSRP $72080 in the end. I personally wasn't interested in having to deal with multiple locations and such, so I'm perfectly happy with what I was able to negotiate it down to on my special order.

Btw, congrats on your order!

Last edited by kevjung; 09-05-2017 at 03:01 AM.
jatt143 (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 03:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mazda 6

what you guy's think?

I don't know exactly how your conversation went with the sales person... but I got 10% off on a custom order 2018 C43 Sedan with MSRP of $66,000. I'm sure your location plays a part... but I live in Los Angeles, which I wouldn't consider to be a place with low demand on sports cars.

I told them things like since it was a custom order they had a guaranteed sale and wouldn't have to spend time with the car sitting on the lot. Also something that helped BIG TIME was the fact they showed me their allocations before I started negotiating and they told me that they had ordered 2 sedans for their inventory and that if I custom ordered one they would simply change one of those orders to mine. This gave me all the leverage because they were going to order one anyway and that one could sit on the lot for a long time, but if they changed it to my configuration they had a sale.
jatt143 (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 01:11 PM

2018 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by TMore9
I don't know exactly how your conversation went with the sales person... but I got 10% off on a custom order 2018 C43 Sedan with MSRP of $66,000. I'm sure your location plays a part... but I live in Los Angeles, which I wouldn't consider to be a place with low demand on sports cars.

I told them things like since it was a custom order they had a guaranteed sale and wouldn't have to spend time with the car sitting on the lot. Also something that helped BIG TIME was the fact they showed me their allocations before I started negotiating and they told me that they had ordered 2 sedans for their inventory and that if I custom ordered one they would simply change one of those orders to mine. This gave me all the leverage because they were going to order one anyway and that one could sit on the lot for a long time, but if they changed it to my configuration they had a sale.
I'll give it an another shot when I'm about to take delivery of the car. I haggled with Internet Sales Manager for couple hours and he wasn't budging from $1,500. Took him a while to come down to $3,500 because I bought few cars from this dealers before and he also said they are going to take the car out of allocation to provide me one. Since Coupe is their best selling car, not Sedan. I went to two other dealers and got the same story that Coupe and convertible are hot right now not sedans. Plus they are not ordering any cars with AMG performance seats due to people not liking them much.

I left it at $3,500 because I think I will have more power to negotiate dealer is at delivery stage.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:36 PM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
I'll give it an another shot when I'm about to take delivery of the car. I haggled with Internet Sales Manager for couple hours and he wasn't budging from $1,500. Took him a while to come down to $3,500 because I bought few cars from this dealers before and he also said they are going to take the car out of allocation to provide me one. Since Coupe is their best selling car, not Sedan. I went to two other dealers and got the same story that Coupe and convertible are hot right now not sedans. Plus they are not ordering any cars with AMG performance seats due to people not liking them much.

I left it at $3,500 because I think I will have more power to negotiate dealer is at delivery stage.
That's super interesting that dealers are saying the Coupes and Cabriolets are best selling cars. They're much more niche products than the Sedan which may be the reason why they're built in Germany. Perhaps they're considered "hot" based on the number sold over the allocations?

You may be able to negotiate a bit more during delivery since it'll be a big blow for your delivery to fall through. Just curious, did you get any form of paperwork that guaranteed the $3500 off? Manager's signature?
Old 09-05-2017, 02:50 PM

2018 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by kevjung
That's super interesting that dealers are saying the Coupes and Cabriolets are best selling cars. They're much more niche products than the Sedan which may be the reason why they're built in Germany. Perhaps they're considered "hot" based on the number sold over the allocations?

You may be able to negotiate a bit more during delivery since it'll be a big blow for your delivery to fall through. Just curious, did you get any form of paperwork that guaranteed the $3500 off? Manager's signature?
Yes, I have internet sales manager signature under the build off total.

Not sure about LA but I have seen more C class Convertibles & Coupes at bay area Dealers then Sedans
Old 09-05-2017, 09:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
18' C43 cab
Originally Posted by kevjung

Why aren't the C43 Coupe and Cab available for European Delivery if they're built in Germany? C300 and C63 are.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:08 PM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Clint Westwood
Why aren't the C43 Coupe and Cab available for European Delivery if they're built in Germany? C300 and C63 are.
That's a really good question, I've wondered the same thing. I did think about doing a Euro delivery prior to ordering but wasn't available for the C43 models.