Sponsored by:

C43 AMG at the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43 AMG
C43 AMG at the track

My friend host track days at The Ridge Motorsports Park in WA. He graciously allowed me to take my car out for a few laps unofficially because my car is stock and I didnt want to push so hard

I expected the car to feel heavier but it wasnt bad! my only comparison believe it or not is to my Integra Type R.
With some proper brake pads, fluid and tires I would have loads more fun! I was a bit disappointed with the top end power.

M3 owning me sorry guys

Evo going offroad

Also a group for motorcyles

Comparing with my Type R for fun
The following users liked this post:
VimF (08-09-2022)
Old 09-19-2017, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
nice to see another c43 get on the track! very fun to watch. what tires were you running? How did the car heat up? did you record temps? what was max speed you were able to reach on the track? i found for anything 105 and below the brakes onthis car were ample. Maybe on a higher speed track they would soon fade at higher speeds.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Hey Imprezala, just saw your video. I dunno if you have noticed but you car seems to be in limp mode. Your engine is cutting off at 262hp.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Star4life
nice to see another c43 get on the track! very fun to watch. what tires were you running? How did the car heat up? did you record temps? what was max speed you were able to reach on the track? i found for anything 105 and below the brakes onthis car were ample. Maybe on a higher speed track they would soon fade at higher speeds.
It was the stock ****ty run flats.. terrible haha that is why I only did a few laps

Originally Posted by munis
Hey Imprezala, just saw your video. I dunno if you have noticed but you car seems to be in limp mode. Your engine is cutting off at 262hp.
I cant believe I didnt notice that.. all i know is I was disappointed with my top speed on the straight.. barely 180's
I will need to test on the street to make sure I have the 300shp
Old 09-28-2017, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by imprezala
It was the stock ****ty run flats.. terrible haha that is why I only did a few laps

I cant believe I didnt notice that.. all i know is I was disappointed with my top speed on the straight.. barely 180's
I will need to test on the street to make sure I have the 300shp
Unless you got your ECU and TCU fully rebooted from dealership, you are still in the limp mode probably. My car was exactly like that a week ago. Had to get it reset. I noticed it because my car felt significantly slower after I started it after 3 weeks(dead battery). I was like something is not right, cause there was no CEL either. Then I checked the engine data in dynamic select and wala, my engine was producing 100hp less and 150 less trq. I quickly checked a previous go pro video and there it was showing that my car made all the 362 even three weeks ago. So I knew something was not right. Went to a dealership, they did a quick reset and it was gone.
The following users liked this post:
imprezala (09-30-2017)
Old 07-14-2022, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Another c43 at ridge

I recently went to ridge in my c43. Hella fun coming out of corners but braking and turn in feels heavy. Gonna put wider tires up front to see if it helps
Old 07-15-2022, 01:30 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 C43, 1966 230SL, 2006 Jeep Rubicon
Originally Posted by Omairs
I recently went to ridge in my c43. Hella fun coming out of corners but braking and turn in feels heavy. Gonna put wider tires up front to see if it helps
Yes, wider tires/wheels up front should help. Read the very long tire fitment thread. Cannot put 9" wide wheels on front, so there are limits. I want to get on track with mine. I finally got wheels & tires. Just ordered the required spacers and centering rings for aftermarket wheels. Need to order custom lug bolts, some brake pads (either EBC Yellow Stuff or Porterfield R4S), and high temp brake fluid. I tracked a 2006 C230 w/ manual transmission for a few years - so much fun.
Old 07-15-2022, 01:14 PM

Received 387 Likes on 248 Posts
You might also find this to be useful:
https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roa...ml#post8593195
Old 07-17-2022, 07:46 AM
SPONSOR

Received 155 Likes on 125 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Besides wider tires - as there is NO FRONT OR REAR CAMBER ADJUSTMENT OEM to adjust tire contact angles to either resolve costly, premature edge wear, or....

Track Days - extend both “track width” and “negative Camber” - to significantly reduce understeer in the pursuit of lowering lap times.

Allowing to hit those corner apexes every time and go deeper into the corners with increased traction and braking response.

We manufacture therefore Front “Camber” adjustable kit $345 (less then cost of one hi-performance tire). Bolt-on no arm or strut removal needed.

Also Camber (& Caster) $480

Caster bushes are Mono ball, self aligning replacing the OEM soft rubber, oil and air voided bushes. Significantly improving brake and steering response.

See spoiler re complete range of Front & Rear adjuster kits. K-MAC Patented design allows precise adjustment. Accurately direct on alignment rack - under load.

Spoiler

Last edited by K-Mac; 06-16-2023 at 11:24 PM.