C43 stock dyno numbers? racechip tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
C43 stock dyno numbers? racechip tune?

Hi guys,

I am having trouble determining what a stock C43 should dyno at the wheel. I have seen anywhere from 269hp to 322hp. 269hp is way way too low, even with AWD and 322hp is definitely way too high. I thought previously I had read C43s dyno around 295-300hp but now I cannot even find that (cant find where I read that the 1st time).

Also I am considering Racechip. However, after mild research (Google/Youtube), I cannot find ANY Dynos at all. I see videos of people doing dynos, but not actual numbers. And if I did find numbers, it was always a mildly or heavily tuned car (tune, exhaust, downpipes).

Is there a reason I am having so much trouble finding a C43 Racechip Dyno (C43 with tune only)? The website advertises like +70hp. You would think it would be easy to find Dynos all over the place.

Thank you
Kenny
Old 09-28-2017, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dr.b
Are u in Canada or US

i would suggest Eurocharge
but everyone on here is mostly from US and They ride AMR , think they get Commission or something
I am in Taiwan. The reason I am interested in racechip is cause they use a tuning box, instead of an ecu reflash.

Any ideas what the stock dynos should be?
Old 09-29-2017, 10:11 AM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by waisoserious
I am in Taiwan. The reason I am interested in racechip is cause they use a tuning box, instead of an ecu reflash.

Any ideas what the stock dynos should be?
There are so many factors. Fuel, heat, more importantly dyno manufacturer.

I dyno'd approx 320whp stock on a dynojet. Keep in mind that MB under-rates their motors. They are making more power stock than they advertise.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Remember with 4 wheel drive dynos the numbers are going to be lower than actual Rwhp. That is why some dynos come up with the numbers in the high 290's.

I would put the number closer to 323 rear wheel HP, the stock engine has been dynoed at the crank, at 375hp by a number or reputable companies Renntech and AMR I believe, that is higher than the 362hp MB states.

I ran chips and ECU tunes years ago and the ECU tune is way better in my opinion, chips are old school, but ECU does cost more. I wish companies today would give you an actual ECU hand flasher, like Diablo Sport used to do, what if you wanted to put the tune back to stock? Send the ECU back to them and be without a car for several days, Pfffftttttttt on that- that is one advantage of a chip.

Last edited by Lazz83; 09-29-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:33 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by Lazz83
Remember with 4 wheel drive dynos the numbers are going to be lower than actual Rwhp. That is why some dynos come up with the numbers in the high 290's.

I would put the number closer to 323 rear wheel HP, the stock engine has been dynoed at the crank, at 375hp by a number or reputable companies Renntech and AMR I believe, that is higher than the 362hp MB states.

I ran chips and ECU tunes years ago and the ECU tune is way better in my opinion, chips are old school, but ECU does cost more. I wish companies today would give you an actual ECU hand flasher, like Diablo Sport used to do, what if you wanted to put the tune back to stock? Send the ECU back to them and be without a car for several days, Pfffftttttttt on that- that is one advantage of a chip.
You are correct about 4 wheel dyno's reading less,but that is because the C450/C43's are all wheel drive.They have more driveline loss's than RWD vehicles.So the lower readings are correct and should not be rated up to the RWD readings.

Also note that all dyno's only read wheel HP numbers.Any crank numbers are generated by mutiplying the WHP numbers by a factor.Not all tuners use the same factor.That is why you get higher or lower crank numbers from different tuners.the factors vary from 12 to 25%.Those using 25% will get much higher HP readings.

Last edited by oldman&theC; 09-30-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by oldman&theC
You are correct about 4 wheel dyno's reading less,but that is because the C450/C43's are all wheel drive.They have more driveline loss's than RWD vehicles.So the lower readings are correct and should not be rated up to the RWD readings.

Also note that all dyno's only read RWD HP numbers.Any crank numbers are generated by mutiplying the WHP numbers by a factor.Not all tuners use the same factor.That is why you get higher or lower crank numbers from different tuners.the factors vary from 12 to 25%.Those using 25% will get much higher HP readings.
So AWD Dynos only read RWHP as well? No troll, just wondering if I am reading this correctly. I am familiar at all with tuning.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:10 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by waisoserious
So AWD Dynos only read RWHP as well? No troll, just wondering if I am reading this correctly. I am familiar at all with tuning.
All wheel dyno's read HP at all 4 wheels.I just wanted to point out if you have an AWD car you have more drivetrain loss's.You can't add more HP to the AWD readings for RWHP.Wheel HP is the HP you put to the road.It does't matter if it is AWD or RWD,it will always be less with AWD vs RWD because of the higher driveline loss's.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:00 PM

Received 359 Likes on 231 Posts
RaceChip : 12.41 seconds at 112.2 MPH

No dyno, but there's some data at:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...er-anyone.html
Old 10-26-2017, 03:03 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Lazz83
I wish companies today would give you an actual ECU hand flasher, like Diablo Sport used to do, what if you wanted to put the tune back to stock? Send the ECU back to them and be without a car for several days, Pfffftttttttt on that- that is one advantage of a chip.
you aren't the only one lol.....
Old 12-01-2020, 01:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by threefirs
There are so many factors. Fuel, heat, more importantly dyno manufacturer.

I dyno'd approx 320whp stock on a dynojet. Keep in mind that MB under-rates their motors. They are making more power stock than they advertise.
What gear was used for your Dyno? Some will say 3rd or 4th and other will say 6th to be more accurate. Care to share your thoughts.