Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Horsepower

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450 AMG

Here's the only pic I have uploaded right now!! I will post more when I start getting the upgrades! Although most of it won't be aesthetics... I did get the illuminated star though!! I do want to get wheels too, but again there was so much controversy over the size, I don't know what size to order lol!

Thanks again for helping me!

Dr. Chris
Old 10-23-2017, 09:31 PM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
Originally Posted by bigtmonee
Oh well in that case I should have just bought a Ferrari! Actually my friend, I had financial limitations that did not allow me to buy a C63s at the time. Thank you for the advice though!

Dr. Chris
The Ferrari would have been a much better investment. $65k buys you an Italian bird that is fully depreciated and will only begin to appreciate. If I had bought a 360 Modena in April of 16 instead of beginning my c450 lease, I would have paid for 3 years cost of ownership in the F car by now. Plus, collectors car insurance would have been about half of what my current policy costs.
The 360 Modena would have been up in straight line speed, but by a bit. They ran a 1/4 mile in 12.2 @120. That's the same time 18bora is showing slips for after a $375 piggyback.
Sound is usually subjective, however I think we can all agree on this one. My TTv6 sounds nice with it's crackles and all (AWE Track on its way, just got a confirmation from ESC WOO), but cannot compete with a 3.6 liter 5 valve per cylinder, flat plane crank, high revving v8. Advantage Ferrari.
By this point you're thinking, wtf Vin, why didnt you buy the Ferrari?
My wife is a fantastic woman, who is addicted to holiday decorations, crafts, and shopping bags. Good bye garage. I hardly knew thee.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by cenzo86
The Ferrari would have been a much better investment. $65k buys you an Italian bird that is fully depreciated and will only begin to appreciate. If I had bought a 360 Modena in April of 16 instead of beginning my c450 lease, I would have paid for 3 years cost of ownership in the F car by now. Plus, collectors car insurance would have been about half of what my current policy costs.
The 360 Modena would have been up in straight line speed, but by a bit. They ran a 1/4 mile in 12.2 @120. That's the same time 18bora is showing slips for after a $375 piggyback.
Sound is usually subjective, however I think we can all agree on this one. My TTv6 sounds nice with it's crackles and all (AWE Track on its way, just got a confirmation from ESC WOO), but cannot compete with a 3.6 liter 5 valve per cylinder, flat plane crank, high revving v8. Advantage Ferrari.
By this point you're thinking, wtf Vin, why didnt you buy the Ferrari?
My wife is a fantastic woman, who is addicted to holiday decorations, crafts, and shopping bags. Good bye garage. I hardly knew thee.
I'd take a loving wife over a Ferrari everyday of the week! Good choice!

Dr. Chris
Old 11-09-2017, 10:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
na
Did you get the car to where you wanted it to be, performance wise?