Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by DRLC43
I strongly recommend having a scan on your C43 if you have not already done so. I was working with Rob and Matt at AMR and Rob found 4 error codes that either never flashed on my screen or they did and I did not notice. One error is with a passenger headlight module, another was cut the Neckscarf (Cab. specific) and most importantly two exhaust related problems likely related. It seems one of the Exhast flapper acuator has a malfunction. This problem is causing the turbo boost to be limited and significantly reducing HP. Bringing the car to the dealer on Monday. Will provide an update.

Has anyone else had any of these issues?

I have seen this with other cars. It goes into a semi limp mode. After it is fixed, it goes back to normal.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just an update. Changing intake pressure sensors does not fix the issue. This only seems to be happening at really low temperatures. On a hot day it is fine.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:51 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Has this problem been resolved?
Old 12-07-2017, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Lazz83
Has this problem been resolved?
Mine has been. Just went back to stock. But I do know what exactly is happening though. I will do a write up on of this one of these days.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:10 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Originally Posted by munis
Mine has been. Just went back to stock. But I do know what exactly is happening though. I will do a write up on of this one of these days.
That would be great- thanks
Old 12-07-2017, 09:48 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 Cab
My problems with PE actuator valves have been solved but it took to trips to the dealer. They replaced one and then the other one shorted and needed to be fixed. If you have any noticeable loss of power, these are an item you should check. One problem showed up on a scan but the other did not. I had to go back and make a case that something was still wrong. A little time consuming and frustrating but in the end the dealer stepped up and got it right which is not bad considering that my complaint was about a lack of power. Matt and Rob at AMR did the scan and gave me the details on the HP and torque that helped get the dealers attention.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
Is there anyway we can scan for these codes without AMR doing it first? My coupe is brand new, it was built 10/18/17 so I believe I have all the updates. I’m considering getting a tune from AMR soon but want to make sure there’s no issues going into it.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vincent Aiosa
Is there anyway we can scan for these codes without AMR doing it first? My coupe is brand new, it was built 10/18/17 so I believe I have all the updates. I’m considering getting a tune from AMR soon but want to make sure there’s no issues going into it.
Anyone with Xentry should be able to do it.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:51 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe

Anyone with Xentry should be able to do it.
so what just call around local shops?
Old 12-10-2017, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vincent Aiosa

so what just call around local shops?
Yeah or take it to Mercedes and lie to them that you saw a check engine light, hahaha. They will scan it for free.
The following users liked this post:
SkitsversuS (12-10-2017)
Old 06-28-2019, 06:08 PM

Received 130 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
I personally do not know of any stock car having a torque limiter related code. It is all the tuned cars. I contacted a bunch of guys who were having this issue. And this is just not AMR alone. OE and EC guys previously had the same problem. It is kind of unique to certain cars, because a lot of the other guys are bullet proof with a tune. The code that is thrown is P061A or P061B, both for over torque protection. This is only triggered by a torque spike when you are around 4k rpm in 4th or 5th gear and you put the pedal to the medal. The car requests the engine for a lot of torque and sometimes that number is really high with a tune, that is what throws the car into limp. When you are stock, the car never requests so much torque, so no matter what you do, you will never trigger this code. There is a solution here for sure, but I think it has to come from the tuner, I doubt whether changing any sensors would help.

There is a guy here called heyitsfish, he had the same problem with OE and his one went away with time. So did mine. My suggestion would be to drive the car for a few days. Let the tune settle in. It should go away.
Hi I'm having the same problem with my Eurocharged tuned C43 facelift.
Its happened twice, 2nd time after a new map was loaded.
Did yours completely go away after the ECU 'adapted' to the new map parameters?
The following 2 users liked this post by AhEmGee:
DIVINE AMG (06-29-2020), VinceLL (03-11-2020)
Old 02-10-2020, 08:25 PM

Received 107 Likes on 94 Posts
2016 C450 AMG / C50 Lorinser
Well guys, let me set this straight from my side of things. I had the Lorinser Module on my car which changed the car into a speed machine without any code except crack sensor but never put the car into limp mode.

Some how my PCM blow but I know how and it was nothing to do with the module. I took my car to Eurocharge with a New PCM installed and my old one in the trunk. I removed the Lorinser module and tuned the car and before I even got home, the car when into limp mode. Scared me as it never did this before.

Tool it back the Eurocharge and they had it for a couple days. I took it easy with the car and about 1 week, I put the car in sport and gunned it - Limp Mode. I reset it and brought it back to Eurocharge, retuned it.

Drove it around for 1-2 weeks, gunned it in Comfort = Limp Mode. Reset it, drove around, gunned it - Limp Mode in Comfort, Sport and always to Sport +. Why all the time in Sport +? Because it alway happened in sport + however in sports mode I noticed that the car downshift harder than normal. Kinda feels like it's skipping, like a huge jolt before it's stops while still in Sports. I also have the burble tune so not sure if that is part of that.

Anyways, the car is not fun any longer. I cant pass anyone as I'm scares it will loose all power as soon as I give it power. But if I drive normally - like I have been for the last month. It does not go into limp mode. Today after not driving it hard for a month - Limp Mode in Sport +.

I think it's time to go back to the Lorinser Module unless Eurocharge will do what they call, an exact run tune. Instead of a flash and drive away tune, they tune the car looking at the computer while on a dyno which is a more technical tune. Not sure if that will fix the problem but it's just not fun to tune the car and hit limp mode every time.
​​​​

Last edited by Cosworth2000; 02-10-2020 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
i dont get a Cell but sometimes i diagnose my car with Carly and had the P140471 code;

the actuator is blocked

On the other side i was experiencing a little issue when full throttle it feels like the Rev Limiter cuts in like driving in manual mode....

this is i think less when PE is closed...

So can this be the problem with the actuator?

{did you feel diffence in power with the actuator that was faulty?} sorry amswer was in your post

Originally Posted by DRLC43
I strongly recommend having a scan on your C43 if you have not already done so. I was working with Rob and Matt at AMR and Rob found 4 error codes that either never flashed on my screen or they did and I did not notice. One error is with a passenger headlight module, another was cut the Neckscarf (Cab. specific) and most importantly two exhaust related problems likely related. It seems one of the Exhast flapper acuator has a malfunction. This problem is causing the turbo boost to be limited and significantly reducing HP. Bringing the car to the dealer on Monday. Will provide an update.

Has anyone else had any of these issues?

Last edited by Petje; 02-11-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:53 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 c43 AMG
Question

Originally Posted by AhEmGee
Hi I'm having the same problem with my Eurocharged tuned C43 facelift.
Its happened twice, 2nd time after a new map was loaded.
Did yours completely go away after the ECU 'adapted' to the new map parameters?
How did yours resolve?
Old 03-11-2020, 03:50 AM

Received 130 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
Originally Posted by VinceLL
How did yours resolve?

I think Jerry did number 2 for me.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:31 AM

Received 107 Likes on 94 Posts
2016 C450 AMG / C50 Lorinser
I took it back to Eurocharge and those guys re-tuned it with a new tune and everything seems fine now; it's also smoother in every mode.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 c43
Originally Posted by aggies15
I've had this exact thing happen to my Eurocharged tuned C43... took it to the dealer initially and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. They said it was throwing a torque code. Eurocharged tried to load other versions of the tune onto the car but nothing was working. They ended up taking the tune off and reverting the ECU back to stock... never happened again. I've been hesitant to tune my car ever since.
Same thing is happening to me with my eurocharged tune. About 5 times now it has put me in limp mode while going 95. Took it to the dealership twice and the most they could tell me was the car sucked air in through the exhaust. But the people from eurocharged don't think that's possible..? It has been months and I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is. I've tried 6 different tunes from them and they all do it. Have you given up or were you able to find a fix?
The following 2 users liked this post by Nick Stone:
AMR_Matt (06-29-2020), DIVINE AMG (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 05:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by Nick Stone
Same thing is happening to me with my eurocharged tune. About 5 times now it has put me in limp mode while going 95. Took it to the dealership twice and the most they could tell me was the car sucked air in through the exhaust. But the people from eurocharged don't think that's possible..? It has been months and I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is. I've tried 6 different tunes from them and they all do it. Have you given up or were you able to find a fix?
Have you tuned back to stock and see if the fault still arises?

That should be an easy way to determine what’s wrong.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:31 AM

2019 c43
Originally Posted by TModelle
Have you tuned back to stock and see if the fault still arises?

That should be an easy way to determine what’s wrong.
Yes it doesn't do it when stock. Only when the tune is on.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nick Stone:
AMR_Matt (06-29-2020), DIVINE AMG (06-30-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by Nick Stone
Yes it doesn't do it when stock. Only when the tune is on.
That is indeed strange. Perhaps your car is unique or different in some way, software or hardware version, that is causing it. There are countless others on Eurocharged tune without this issue, and there are one or two with the same problem. Some of them have been solved, maybe they can help. What year is your car?
Old 06-29-2020, 03:40 PM

2019 c43
Originally Posted by TModelle
That is indeed strange. Perhaps your car is unique or different in some way, software or hardware version, that is causing it. There are countless others on Eurocharged tune without this issue, and there are one or two with the same problem. Some of them have been solved, maybe they can help. What year is your car?
Yeah it could just be a unique car. Frustrating though. And yeah I am honestly asking anyone I can find who remotely has this problem. I have a huge thread between Jerry and I on trying to figure it out. And my c43 is a 2019.