Vorsteiners VFF107 - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices

Vorsteiners VFF107

Reply

 
 
Old 11-11-2017, 08:01 AM
  #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 363
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
Vorsteiners VFF107

I wanted to share these with you guys on a separate thread as these one of the few aftermarket rims that doesn’t need any spacers. These were only available in Graphite Black Color, but I refinished then in silver with machined face, with clear coat on top. Looks amazing! Like unbelievably good. Getting the HandR springs tomorrow.






Last edited by munis; 11-12-2017 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Wrong information
munis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:12 AM
  #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: North East
Posts: 67
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
What are the specs on those wheels?

they look great!
Dieseldan9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dieseldan9 For This Useful Post:
munis (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 10:31 AM
  #3
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2009 C230
Not trying to be rude but there is no such thing as an aftermarket wheel made specifically for the c43. Any good wheel manufacturer can make a wheel and any width or offset you need to fit your vehicle, however you'd like it to fit. These may be ideal for our fitment but as I said, any manufacturer can do the same. Good wheels are built to spec. That being said they do look great!!
CClement is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:33 AM
  #4
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,049
Thanked 102 Times in 97 Posts
c
offset looks a bit weak and tire looks a bit stretched and this will only be accentuated when lowered because of the natural camber.

I do like the look of the wheels but don't believe these are the "perfect spec" and are certainly not the only wheels you can run without spacers. Please! Rear will need ~10mm spacers to look nice and full after lowering, more than likely (that's mainly do to your tire choice).

Guessing these are

19x8.5 et35 on 225/40
19x9.5 et46 on 255/35

Ideally, you want to run as much tire upfront as possible to reduce understeer. And these are quite expensive for what they are, but I think they give them out for pretty good deals.

Last edited by alexasa; 11-11-2017 at 12:00 PM.
alexasa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:39 AM
  #5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 90
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2017 AMG C43 Sedan, 2015 BMW X3 3.5i
I love the style of those rims...

Not to be off topic but the shine on your car is amazing what wax or sealant did you use?? I need my car to look like yours
Lazz83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:06 PM
  #6
Senior Member
 
NYCSoiL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 366
Thanked 33 Times in 32 Posts
2015 Genesis V8 5.0; 2017 C43 Coupe
Very nice!
NYCSoiL is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NYCSoiL For This Useful Post:
munis (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 12:14 PM
  #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,049
Thanked 102 Times in 97 Posts
c
Originally Posted by CClement View Post
Not trying to be rude but there is no such thing as an aftermarket wheel made specifically for the c43. Any good wheel manufacturer can make a wheel and any width or offset you need to fit your vehicle, however you'd like it to fit. These may be ideal for our fitment but as I said, any manufacturer can do the same. Good wheels are built to spec. That being said they do look great!!
Not to mention Avant Garde, Vossen and TSW all have off the shelf fitments that will fit just as good, if not better than this with no spacers.
alexasa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:26 AM
  #8
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 363
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by CClement View Post
Not trying to be rude but there is no such thing as an aftermarket wheel made specifically for the c43. Any good wheel manufacturer can make a wheel and any width or offset you need to fit your vehicle, however you'd like it to fit. These may be ideal for our fitment but as I said, any manufacturer can do the same. Good wheels are built to spec. That being said they do look great!!
My apologies in not putting it correctly. What I meant was, that Vorsteiner told me that they made a size of this rims which specifically works for C43 and C300. I dunno may be they fed me crap, but honestly, I am falling in love with these rims. They came in graphite black color originally. I got them refinished they way it looks now.
Originally Posted by alexasa View Post
offset looks a bit weak and tire looks a bit stretched and this will only be accentuated when lowered because of the natural camber.

I do like the look of the wheels but don't believe these are the "perfect spec" and are certainly not the only wheels you can run without spacers. Please! Rear will need ~10mm spacers to look nice and full after lowering, more than likely (that's mainly do to your tire choice).

Guessing these are

19x8.5 et35 on 225/40
19x9.5 et46 on 255/35

Ideally, you want to run as much tire upfront as possible to reduce understeer. And these are quite expensive for what they are, but I think they give them out for pretty good deals.
Dunno, I tried not to make a getting these rims into rocket science. Vorsteiner told me they fit the car, and I ordered it. To me it looks perfect. The gap and the offset sits just right. They are not too tucked in, not too flush either. But that is just me. These rims are exactly what I wanted out of an aftermarket setup. The tires are stretched a bit, but it makes it look even better to me. Opinions might vary, I am okay with that. With the number of people complimenting the car in just one day, I am not complaining even a little bit.

Got the springs installed today. Will post some photos soon. Even after the drop, I do not think they are in any need of spacers. They look just fine.
munis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:27 AM
  #9
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 363
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Lazz83 View Post
I love the style of those rims...

Not to be off topic but the shine on your car is amazing what wax or sealant did you use?? I need my car to look like yours

Wash with reset; Hydro O2 Foam and Reload!
munis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:27 AM
  #10
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 363
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9 View Post
What are the specs on those wheels?

they look great!

I have to check. I will post it soon.
munis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:34 AM
  #11
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 363
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
Installed the springs today!







munis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:35 AM
  #12
Super Member
 
sean1.8t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 989
Thanked 84 Times in 72 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Seeeeeeeeeeeexxy!
sean1.8t is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sean1.8t For This Useful Post:
munis (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 08:14 AM
  #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: North East
Posts: 67
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Damn these cars run some serious rear camber WOW
Dieseldan9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dieseldan9 For This Useful Post:
munis (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 09:28 AM
  #14
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,049
Thanked 102 Times in 97 Posts
c
Originally Posted by munis View Post
My apologies in not putting it correctly. What I meant was, that Vorsteiner told me that they made a size of this rims which specifically works for C43 and C300. I dunno may be they fed me crap, but honestly, I am falling in love with these rims. They came in graphite black color originally. I got them refinished they way it looks now.


Dunno, I tried not to make a getting these rims into rocket science. Vorsteiner told me they fit the car, and I ordered it. To me it looks perfect. The gap and the offset sits just right. They are not too tucked in, not too flush either. But that is just me. These rims are exactly what I wanted out of an aftermarket setup. The tires are stretched a bit, but it makes it look even better to me. Opinions might vary, I am okay with that. With the number of people complimenting the car in just one day, I am not complaining even a little bit.

Got the springs installed today. Will post some photos soon. Even after the drop, I do not think they are in any need of spacers. They look just fine.
They fed you crap, not that it matters as long as you're happy.

But not even knowing the spec and claiming these are the only wheels that fit is fairly ignorant.
alexasa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:42 AM
  #15
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 363
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by alexasa View Post
They fed you crap, not that it matters as long as you're happy.

But not even knowing the spec and claiming these are the only wheels that fit is fairly ignorant.
Agreed, it was a bit ignorant. I will edit the original post.
munis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:10 PM
  #16
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 215
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9 View Post
Damn these cars run some serious rear camber WOW
Photo is warped.. Car doesn't run have camber issues like this.
threefirs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:23 PM
  #17
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 90
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2017 AMG C43 Sedan, 2015 BMW X3 3.5i
I think it looks awesome but how do you plan on keeping those silver rims clean? Your going to have to clean them on the daily. To me nothing looks worse than brake dust stained silver rims- I love the look of silver rims but would never do it on my car for that reason.

Nice job though it looks fantastic in my opinion.
Lazz83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:20 PM
  #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 31
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
2017 MB C43 coupe, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
wheels look good. car & paint look great. wish you would post some pics that aren't edited / shopped so heavily so we can more easily view the fitment.
don't mind those on here giving you a hard time. with so few posting wheel & tire fitment experience & photos, i don't get the attitude / hostility on this forum. nice work, just post some regular pics.

need to find some wheels for my coupe before spring 2018
ryanSTL is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryanSTL For This Useful Post:
munis (11-13-2017), PrestonXavier (11-13-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 11:56 PM
  #19
SPONSOR
 
K-Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 513
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Dieseldan9 View Post
Damn these cars run some serious rear camber WOW
Yes and there is no front or rear Camber to adjust tire contact angles to resolve costly, premature inner edge Tire wear!

Only Toe (directional) adjustment OEM. We saw the need to therefore design and reinstate from the early 90’s – Full precise (single wrench) front and rear adjustment.

Also importantly we designed so adjusts lower, not upper arms therefore retaining clearance top of tire to outer fenders.

While track days – can adjust front for more negative Camber (and track width) to reduce understeer/lower lap times.

Front bushes are also Mono ball/2 axis for noticeably improved brake and steering response.

Rear can fine tune for maximum traction.

Another popular kit manufactured is replacement performance rear bushings (12) for the 6 multi-link arms. Less twitch/flex tauter response – especially when applying power to lane change / overtake.

W205 (C180, 200, 220, 250, 300, 400, 450)

Front Camber and Caster kit #503216K $480

(4 Matic incl C43/S63 AMG #503416K $480)
(C63/S, S63/S65 AMG #503316K $480)

Rear Camber (and extra Toe) #502226K $480
Rear Multi link arm bushings #502628K $480


Last edited by K-Mac; 11-13-2017 at 12:17 AM.
K-Mac is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to K-Mac For This Useful Post:
Dieseldan9 (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 12:57 AM
  #20
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 121
Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
I wouldn’t want that much camber. The Kmac Kits are excellent if you’re lowered. I have them on the front and rear of my coupe.

Wheels are sweet though! Waiting till spring to throw on some vff 103’s
DVision44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:12 AM
  #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: North East
Posts: 67
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by K-Mac View Post
Yes and there is no front or rear Camber to adjust tire contact angles to resolve costly, premature inner edge Tire wear!

Only Toe (directional) adjustment OEM. We saw the need to therefore design and reinstate from the early 90’s – Full precise (single wrench) front and rear adjustment.

Also importantly we designed so adjusts lower, not upper arms therefore retaining clearance top of tire to outer fenders.

While track days – can adjust front for more negative Camber (and track width) to reduce understeer/lower lap times.

Front bushes are also Mono ball/2 axis for noticeably improved brake and steering response.

Rear can fine tune for maximum traction.

Another popular kit manufactured is replacement performance rear bushings (12) for the 6 multi-link arms. Less twitch/flex tauter response – especially when applying power to lane change / overtake.

W205 (C180, 200, 220, 250, 300, 400, 450)

Front Camber and Caster kit #503216K $480

(4 Matic incl C43/S63 AMG #503416K $480)
(C63/S, S63/S65 AMG #503316K $480)

Rear Camber (and extra Toe) #502226K $480
Rear Multi link arm bushings #502628K $480

damn this is exactly what we need!
Dieseldan9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:24 PM
  #22
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 363
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by ryanSTL View Post
wheels look good. car & paint look great. wish you would post some pics that aren't edited / shopped so heavily so we can more easily view the fitment.
don't mind those on here giving you a hard time. with so few posting wheel & tire fitment experience & photos, i don't get the attitude / hostility on this forum. nice work, just post some regular pics.

need to find some wheels for my coupe before spring 2018
100 percent. I will post the pictures tonight.

Also the rims specs are below:
35ET 8.5J- 19"
46ET 9.5J- 19"
munis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:26 PM
  #23
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 363
Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Lazz83 View Post
I think it looks awesome but how do you plan on keeping those silver rims clean? Your going to have to clean them on the daily. To me nothing looks worse than brake dust stained silver rims- I love the look of silver rims but would never do it on my car for that reason.

Nice job though it looks fantastic in my opinion.
I chose silver because of the contrast it gives with my car color. I really love it! About it becoming dirty, I plan to use ironx and pressure wash it. Works like a charm. Have you given that a try?
munis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:50 PM
  #24
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 79
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Honda Accord
do you have a regular picture of the side a few steps back from the car?
PrestonXavier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:26 PM
  #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 61
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
2016 C450
Wheels look nice! Didn't know they started to make 35 offsets for 19 x 8.5 with the 5 x 112 pattern for the front. When I got my VFF103s 19 x 8.5 ET45, I added 11mm spacers to my fronts.
5Zigen18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Copyright © 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: