Sponsored by:

Designo magno paint expierence?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 06:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Maserati ghibli
Designo magno paint expierence?

I wanna know from the people that allready have their c43 longer dan 1 or 2 years how the matte paint is.

I've ordered the designo "selenite grey magno" but I've heard from some people that this is very risky since matte paint start to shine after a while on places you touch the most such as door latch, boot lid ect.

I just saw the color in showroom and there it looks just great but never saw a car on the streets.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 c43amg
How much is the option for that paint? You could always have it liquid wrapped in a matte finish (if you have regular paint) in whatever color you choose for under $1500. Mine is currently liquid wrapped in an oem gloss sheen but I'm gonna re do it in a matte finish soon.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:55 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
You’re probably better off asking this to the c63 folks as it’s a much more common color for them. I liked the color so much I had to have it. Apparently 5ilver-5urfer has had his for quite a while and offered me a bit of advice about Dr Beasley’s products.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:06 PM

Maserati ghibli
Originally Posted by DVision44
You’re probably better off asking this to the c63 folks as it’s a much more common color for them. I liked the color so much I had to have it. Apparently 5ilver-5urfer has had his for quite a while and offered me a bit of advice about Dr Beasley’s products.
And what was his advice and your expirience with the color?
Old 12-30-2017, 03:17 PM

c43 Amg coupe
Originally Posted by Schnippy
And what was his advice and your expirience with the color?
Just to not let anyone wash it and to use Dr Beasleys line of products over Mercedes line. I just got my car last weekend (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...-business.html) so I really can't tell you much but taking care of matte paint is not as hard as it's made out to be. (It's come along way) It's just that you have to make sure NOT to use the wrong products and avoid any deep scratches. My Dr Beasleys kit came with a DO NOT WASH placard which is cool for when you take your car in for service or to places that offer to wash your ride.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Just to not let anyone wash it and to use Dr Beasleys line of products over Mercedes line. I just got my car last weekend (https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...-business.html) so I really can't tell you much but taking care of matte paint is not as hard as it's made out to be. (It's come along way) It's just that you have to make sure NOT to use the wrong products and avoid any deep scratches. My Dr Beasleys kit came with a DO NOT WASH placard which is cool for when you take your car in for service or to places that offer to wash your ride.
Hey just wondering, how long does that stuff last? Which products do I need? First time getting matte paint as well and those tiny bottles are expensive... Probably made a bad choice for salty, snowy NE weather but at least I'll look cool for like 2 days.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:56 PM

c43 Amg coupe
Originally Posted by jonathan358
Hey just wondering, how long does that stuff last? Which products do I need? First time getting matte paint as well and those tiny bottles are expensive... Probably made a bad choice for salty, snowy NE weather but at least I'll look cool for like 2 days.
I just ordered the full kit and the waterless wash(great service and they include free stuff) I'm not even sure how long it will last. The bottles aren't very big but apparently very little is needed. For example the Matte Coating bottle is tiny but a few drops on the applicator go a long way and the bottle is good for about 4 applications (once every 6-9 months). As far as the weather goes I'm up in North Jersey... I've got the same winter issues....smh.

Here's another Matte nano coating...
Amazon Amazon

A friend of mine has this on his matte Z06 along with an xpel stealth wrap on the frontend to protect from chips. I'm considering going that route...

Last edited by DVision44; 12-30-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:20 PM

I just ordered the full kit and the waterless wash(great service and they include free stuff) I'm not even sure how long it will last. The bottles aren't very big but apparently very little is needed. For example the Matte Coating bottle is tiny but a few drops on the applicator go a long way and the bottle is good for about 4 applications (once every 6-9 months). As far as the weather goes I'm up in North Jersey... I've got the same winter issues....smh.

Here's another Matte nano coating...https://www.amazon.com/Gyeon-Matte-Q.../dp/B01N57SBUC

A friend of mine has this on his matte Z06 along with an xpel stealth wrap on the frontend to protect from chips. I'm considering going that route...
Sounds good thanks for the reply.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:42 AM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
I've had mine for a year, I wash my car myself... Pressure wash, then by hand with matte finish soap (have used beasleys and chemical guys) I've had zero issues with my finish and also one of my favorite things about my car. It makes it stand out way more and get loads of compliments on it. I would order it again in a heart beat. I also live in Northern Alberta, and drive the car year round... So not exactly babied lol
The following 3 users liked this post by Master-Spud:
DVision44 (12-31-2017), Schnippy (12-31-2017), xCharmCity (01-27-2020)
Old 12-31-2017, 02:03 AM

Maserati ghibli
Nice, I will follow your topic!! I just ordered mine and it will be the facelift that will be delivered in july.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Master-Spud
I've had mine for a year, I wash my car myself... Pressure wash, then by hand with matte finish soap (have used beasleys and chemical guys) I've had zero issues with my finish and also one of my favorite things about my car. It makes it stand out way more and get loads of compliments on it. I would order it again in a heart beat. I also live in Northern Alberta, and drive the car year round... So not exactly babied lol
Idk if Alberta uses salt or another de-icer but do you apply any sealants after the soap wash?
Old 01-02-2018, 04:43 PM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
I apply a sealant every 6-8 months.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 CLS63-S
Originally Posted by Master-Spud
I apply a sealant every 6-8 months.

what kinda of sealant, hand applied or do you mean something like ceramic pro ?
Old 03-10-2018, 09:46 PM

I would assume the Matte Paint Sealant by Dr. Beasleys as he's mentioned that before.

I am planning to XPEL the full front and CC everything with an undecided brand.

edit: whoops wrong user.
The following users liked this post:
Stickboy (06-02-2020)
Old 03-11-2018, 12:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Bmw
Easy to maintain, don't go through car wash and never have a 3rd party wash your car. Just hand wash with matte specific products. There are sealants for matte car that you applied by hand with microfiber. Just don't put too much force into it. You do not want to buff the paint. I would be hesitant to ppf a matte car as you can't buff off any residue when you feel like taking it off. I am not a professional detailer so don't quote me on it. However we recently had a member that took off the yellow stripes from an edition 1 with less than ideal result.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 CLS63-S
Originally Posted by Rayc63s
Easy to maintain, don't go through car wash and never have a 3rd party wash your car. Just hand wash with matte specific products. There are sealants for matte car that you applied by hand with microfiber. Just don't put too much force into it. You do not want to buff the paint. I would be hesitant to ppf a matte car as you can't buff off any residue when you feel like taking it off. I am not a professional detailer so don't quote me on it. However we recently had a member that took off the yellow stripes from an edition 1 with less than ideal result.
Before asking many questions, I am going through previous threads to get a sense of the experiences, mostly about the Xpel on matte to protect the paint...i really need to decide soon...
Old 03-12-2018, 05:50 PM

c43 Amg coupe
Originally Posted by NL007
Before asking many questions, I am going through previous threads to get a sense of the experiences, mostly about the Xpel on matte to protect the paint...i really need to decide soon...
i had mine wrapped with xpel stealth... as far as I’m concerned any effect removal has on the paint will be the next owners problem. I just wanted to avoid rock chips...
Old 05-21-2019, 01:54 AM

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 S550 Coup, 2017 Golf R , 2018 BMW M2 (wifes)

i had mine wrapped with xpel stealth... as far as I’m concerned any effect removal has on the paint will be the next owners problem. I just wanted to avoid rock chips...
I am about to get an SL with Matte Designo Selenite gray- not my first color choice but buying used with low low miles- and it does look cool in the light - maybe a bit drab on cloudy days? - But I am getting Xpel on the entire car and it wont matter what I wash it with then...
Old 05-21-2019, 01:30 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
The matte finish of the MB Magno paint is the result of a matte clear coat instead of a glossy clear coat, so essentially the actual color is still protected. As with anything g matte, if you rub it long and hard enough you'll actually start to polish the matte away but I think that'll take some serious rubbing. Since the matte material is actually through the entire layer of matte paint I don't see all the worry. I'm not a fan of the Magno but did spring for the Designo Cardinal Red which I love. To each their own.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:37 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I'm fairly certain the color of that part is called "graphite", code 9C75. The part number is A2306931217, and then add the "9C75" color code to the end.

I'd just buy a new one. It's cheap:

https://www.mercedespartsdelivered.c...23069312179c75
Old 01-24-2020, 12:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz S500L and S500 Night Edition
Selenite designo grey magno

Anyone out there resprayed a panel on there Selenite grey magno car and the process needed to match the panel with the rest of the car? The new panel on mine is very matt whilst the rest of the car has a slight sheen so there must be I guess a process hopefully to match it to the rest of the car I need to take. Any help would be much appreciated. Best garno
Old 01-24-2020, 10:34 PM

Almost 2 years in. No issues with the way the paint looks.

I wash by hand with 2-bucket method and pressure washer, lazy wash consists of 7 minute soap and rinse at a coin wash.

The general upkeep isn't too bad, but I will not say that the Magno paint keeps the car looking clean for longer than a regular gloss paint. It looks very bad with dirty/salted roads.

My issue however is that you MUST get the car wrapped with PPF. I scratched my car and it pains me every single time I look it. Small scuff so I am too cheap to have it repainted and am afraid it will not match the with the rest of car (even though they have a colour matching process; very expensive).

Worst part of this paint is that you cannot wax, clay, or polish the car.

In the future, I would go with wraps to avoid the headache.

Originally Posted by garno
Anyone out there resprayed a panel on there Selenite grey magno car and the process needed to match the panel with the rest of the car? The new panel on mine is very matt whilst the rest of the car has a slight sheen so there must be I guess a process hopefully to match it to the rest of the car I need to take. Any help would be much appreciated. Best garno
I think it will even out over time. Just throwing this out there but perhaps you can try to apply light wax onto the newly painted panel. Eventually it will wear off and hopefully it will balance out lol.

Last edited by jonathan358; 01-24-2020 at 10:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
garno (01-25-2020)